The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LIVE ON ALL PLATFORMS: Operation: Plague Star (How-to & FAQ)

[DE]Danielle

Do Vomvalysts not have their own unique spawn limits? Eidolon Hunting has been way worse since plague star dropped and Vomvalysts are acting weird and not spawning at the usual locations or at all. Where I would have seen a vom spawn I'll now just see a pack of infected, is this normal for plague star? It sucks

9 hours ago, Alphas said:

It takes 30 minutes to do the mission... way to completely murder your most beloved event.

No..., just go do the normal variant ( middle  one ), which is exactly the same as it was before. So if you're saying it took you 30mins to do now, that means it took you 30 mins to do before.

There's also the easy bounty too, the leftmost one

Matter of fact, now you only need to spend 1 of each resource to do it at max efficiency where as before you would need to spend 4 of each. Assuming solo.

Steel Path is doable in under 7-6m if you have a focused comp, or very relaxed 10-11 mins with just a normal team

9 hours ago, RoadCrewWorker said:

Ran a pretty relaxing SP bounty in around 12 mins without issues, so you probably want to experiment with some different loadout.

Most time difference to "advanced" seems to be the leph heads depending on squad loadout, not sure yet if the 600 rep make up for it.

Its 19.7 or (19.8% ish) better than doing it on normal, on 100 runs you'd get 107 forma normal run vs 129 forma on steelpath

10 hours ago, Marcus.Argonius said:

So now Plague Star is either 0/0 catalysts/phylaxeses or 4/4 and no option for something inbetween like 0/4 or 4/0 or whatever?

And what is the cost of Advanced bounty for partial squads and solo players?

While it is a bit dumb. I can see why they did it
Before with public matchmaking you were nearly forced to do 4/4 every single time. The way it worked before was kinda cool, but didn't really do much practically unless you were playing with a group of friends all on the same level that all agreed on the exact mix to use, or soloing.
And splitting the missions up into 5 separate levels (0/0, 1/1, 2/2, exct) + steel path, would make getting a squad basically impossible in the middle missions anyways.
Tho it didn't really need to be changed. it is just a lot more convenient and accessible now. Tho I feel like standard should spawn 1 Hemocite instead of none cus the Hemocites are kindof the main part of the event, I do get that some people just don't want to fight them.

There's definitely a lot of both pros and cons to the change but I don't hate it. Power creep has made the max level of the event much more accessible than they used to be anyways. And the standing reward has surprisingly been raised quite a bit. The standard bounty is now about as rewarding as 4/0 used to be, if not a fair bit more. They could've had a "custom" bounty tho that just used the past mechanics for those that wanted it

The cost of the advanced bounty just seems to be 1 phylaxis and 1 catalyst no matter what. Ran several missions with just me and a friend and I only seemed to have lost 1 of each per round. Which is nice. It's not too big of a cost to make them anyways if it didn't. In previous plaguestars I would usually just supply all of them myself every run unless someone beat me to it or I was particularly low in Iradite, which is not hard to get large quantities of quickly.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 1

Had a situation where at 99% on stage 4, the scythe head of Lephantis refused to open; he just kept ground pounding. Luckily I had a Glaive prime, and just randomly tried the heavy throw explosion, and every few times it somehow did damage. I used this to finish the bounty without needing to abort. If this doesnt get fixed, maybe glaives can be a work-around. I think someone in my group used a slowing ability (don't know which) on him, and we had a Wisp Prime with full motes active, not sure if this contributed to the glitch or not. PS5 user.

I hate the new advance mission. I like be able to spawn the Hemo-whatsit and not have enemy level reaching the hundreds, I play solo or with one friend most days, the whole mission took me over 1 and half hours to complete. On top of that I randomly had no energy on my necromech moments after entering it, and other times I just blew up. I would get my energy back and be like okay lets use the cannon only to have no energy. Serious what the hell DE? I know you wanted to make changes to make match making fair but I really dislike not having control over what does and doesn't happen with the boss. I agree with

12 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

And splitting the missions up into 5 separate levels (0/0, 1/1, 2/2, exct) + steel path, would make getting a squad basically impossible in the middle missions anyways.
Tho it didn't really need to be changed. it is just a lot more convenient and accessible now. Tho I feel like standard should spawn 1 Hemocite instead of none cus the Hemocites are kindof the main part of the event, I do get that some people just don't want to fight them.

I figured you meant that it was one for each person that joined not punch the thing to max. I know its live and all but please fix this.

Edited by talaie
Edit-for grammar mistake.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

It's hilarious that I still know exactly where this tree is, and that it still gets stuck there.  It's a game breaking bug, everyone knows it exists, and yet they refuse to fix it.

5DutQ5w.jpg

Maybe they didn't know where it is? It's here. And the drone now flies around it automatically after 30 seconds or so it seems. That's WITH volt buff tho. I think it takes longer without. At least I think it automatically does, the first time around I thought I managed to bump it out and the second time around I didn't see it get loose...

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Can you provide some more detail? Were you the host? Solo? What stage of the mission were you at? Is it the Spawn Pods that aren't breaking open?

Any info you can provide is great :) 

Hey Megan, hope you are doing fine.

If you don't mind me answering the questions, Yeah i run into this problem quite a bit aswell. I had it happen with me being the host aswell other players being the host. (Stage 4 of the bounty) Spawn pods drop on the map but they never break open / spawn infested. So progress stays at 0% because no infested are spawning into the area.  

Hope this helps. 

Kind regards :) 

The no spawns on 4th phase happened twice. The first one, for no reason but I suspect it could be that last player failing to join. The second happened when a player left and the entire game suffered a fluctuating lag. Any updates on when the fix for this will be implemented?

It's funny how you guys were so quick to make the standing changes claiming it was "healthy for the game and players" and ended up tying the most amount of standing to the T2 and T4 missions, T2 is one of the most hated types of missions and the T4 is completely broken. On the steel path variant , run after run we get stuck on the T4 mission not spawning any infested, doesn't matter if you're the host or if you're solo, so all we get is 1800 standing after around 8 minutes of mindless waiting which makes it completely worthless if it already wasn't! This is anything but healthy. This shows how you guys look at things when it comes to this game.

• Like 2

On 2023-11-07 at 5:43 PM, (PSN)nitto420s said:

Absolutely ZERO New Items Way to go that will definitely bring the veterans back to play! So many loot choices hmm spend 20,000 to get ghoulsaw or get it for FREE in dojo! Tough decision. Last event farmed 20 ghoulsaw to sell and they put it for free in dojo Literally the next day. With no headsup

You realise veterans have plenty to do, right?  The point of reinstating old events isn't to let us have even more shinies, it's to let those that missed them in the first place get them.

Am I the only one who has problems with graphic card overheating while on plague star bounty and Cetus? Like before my graphic card had 60-65°C on highest graphic settings but now? 80°C

Edited by Kvvarde

On 2023-11-07 at 12:39 PM, NCD2004 said:

Eidolon Phylaxis dont show up as gear items. They only appear as ressources and cant be used in the plague star bounty due to that.

Just build it. No need to put it in gear wheel. Once it has been built it is in your inventory and will be consumed once you enter the mission without you having to do anything. 

any reason inparticular why the levels of the hemocyte are much higher then last time? i mainly say that cause the strongest hemocyte with all 4 eidolon phylaxis and infested catalysts was 75 and the weakest hemocyte with the advanced bounty this time is over 100, steel paths has most of its hemocytes over 200 as well.

• Like 3

I figured I would come back for a quick run, since if I ever play regularly again, future me would appreciate the forma.  The literal very first mission that I ran bugged out with no spawn.  At least I got good reinforcement for not playing.  Everything being timed-content, horrible RNG, AND everything is always broken?  

• Like 3