Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentients and Crustacean ties

MarsInAres

I've always wondered why some Sentients are dirty cream white and dark salmon red. Some sentients, like Natah, have different colors. It's always reminded me of prawns and lobsters, how they turn red when boiled. Tiger prawns in particular remind me of Natah's look, and the cooked version of tiger prawns reminds me of regular Sentients like a Conculyst or such. 

Also, the Void is sometimes referred to with a liquid context. Void flood, and it's a stretch but we took a ship to explore it... Did the Sentients turn red and white after being BOILED ALIVE in the void? Their Sentient-ey astaxanthin reacting? 

Loose connections, I barely call this a theory, but what do yall think? Do the Sentients have crustacean ties?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malikili said:

Now I want a Sentient Shrimp Companion… seafood, a favorite

I’m also now wondering what sentients would taste like…

Dang it, why’d you have to bring this up! 

Mmmm forbidden seafood.

Also even more evidence, Natah LITERALLY has lobster/crab pinchers

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MarsInAres said:

Mmmm forbidden seafood.

Also even more evidence, Natah LITERALLY has lobster/crab pinchers

Nooooo! Now I’m wondering what Natah would be. Does she taste like crab, or lobster? 
Dang it now it’s extending to Caliban, does he taste like seafood? 
WHAT IS THIS MADNESS

16 minutes ago, MarsInAres said:

It's always reminded me of prawns and lobsters, how they turn red when boiled. Tiger prawns in particular remind me of Natah's look, and the cooked version of tiger prawns reminds me of regular Sentients like a Conculyst or such. 

wait, so they were prawns the whole time!? oh no...

*in south african accent* "I PROMISED I WOULDN'T SHOOT A FOOKIN PRAWN MATE! IYKYK

22 minutes ago, MarsInAres said:

Did the Sentients turn red and white after being BOILED ALIVE in the void? Their Sentient-ey astaxanthin reacting? 

that would explain why they were so pi$$ed off, you know, as well as the whole sterilisation thing...

23 minutes ago, MarsInAres said:

Do the Sentients have crustacean ties?

I don't know for sure, but I know this: Hunhow has always seemed a little... crabby..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarsInAres said:

I've always wondered why some Sentients are dirty cream white and dark salmon red. Some sentients, like Natah, have different colors. It's always reminded me of prawns and lobsters, how they turn red when boiled. Tiger prawns in particular remind me of Natah's look, and the cooked version of tiger prawns reminds me of regular Sentients like a Conculyst or such. 

Also, the Void is sometimes referred to with a liquid context. Void flood, and it's a stretch but we took a ship to explore it... Did the Sentients turn red and white after being BOILED ALIVE in the void? Their Sentient-ey astaxanthin reacting? 

Loose connections, I barely call this a theory, but what do yall think? Do the Sentients have crustacean ties?

Could somehow theorize Natah to be a pufferfish?

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

They were kinda made from something that resembles shell fish /star fish hybrid. 

I forget where exactly I read that so it could be a fanfic but i believe it's in game.

If you remember where you learned that info, I'd love to deep dive into it

2 hours ago, Karyst said:

Could somehow theorize Natah to be a pufferfish?

In what sense? I'm interested

now y'all even fantasize about consuming fictional beings as well. if you only had a simple change of perspective and would ask yourself how it would feel like to be on the recieving end.

this doesn't matter for fictional beings, it does matter for real ones though. 

6 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

wait, so they were prawns the whole time!? oh no...

*in south african accent* "I PROMISED I WOULDN'T SHOOT A FOOKIN PRAWN MATE! IYKYK

that would explain why they were so pi$$ed off, you know, as well as the whole sterilisation thing...

I don't know for sure, but I know this: Hunhow has always seemed a little... crabby..

He's a giant.....enemy.....crab?

4 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I think it's just that artists get inspiration from a wide variety of places; there has been nothing in the lore to connect sentients to crobs.

Natah literally has crustacean (crab, lobster) pincers in her Sentient form...

12 hours ago, (PSN)ApoX95 said:

now y'all even fantasize about consuming fictional beings as well. if you only had a simple change of perspective and would ask yourself how it would feel like to be on the recieving end.

Should we stop eating now?

17 hours ago, (PSN)ApoX95 said:

Throwback to the crab lotus post on Reddit a couple years ago. 
On the receiving end? If I was seafood I’d probably eat seafood. After all, crabs do eat fish. 

4 hours ago, Karyst said:

Should we stop eating now?

Never, we need to finish what we started

26 minutes ago, Malikili said:

Throwback to the crab lotus post on Reddit a couple years ago. 
On the receiving end? If I was seafood I’d probably eat seafood. After all, crabs do eat fish. 

Never, we need to finish what we started

Ok, I'd like Natah charcoaled

20 hours ago, (PSN)ApoX95 said:

I'd say we are on the recieving end. It's like the twix commercial.

Twins sitting at a campfire and one goes "it doesnt matter if you pick left or right, both are chewy, crunchy and delicious" followed by the camera changing over to two bears looking at the twins from behind and the female goes "it doesnt matter if you pick left or right, both are chewy, crunchy and delicious". And I'm fairly sure when a predator sees a human IRL they'll see a walking steak or a smörgåsbord like as if we were a cartoon character. And I'm fairly sure my cat many years ago fantasized about what human would taste like, since it was no stranger to suddenly attacking and trying to eat your toes, the whole foot or even the leg.

Plus cannibals exsist, heck I wonder myself what human would taste like. And I'd undoubtebly taste if any healthy person would offer me a piece of them.