Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus Night Cycle too short....Day Cycle too long

(XBOX)omegaMAXIMUS080

The Cetus Night Cycle is way to short and the Day time cycles way too long!

Given that some people work, and only have a few hours at night to play, the whole cycle thing doesnt respect our

time!  How about a separate Day and Night cycle that players can choose to maximize their time in game and 

get the things done they need without having to wait hours!  

The way it currently is and has been is not respectful of the player base as a whole. 

Time for a change!!

Edited by (XBOX)omegaMAXIMUS080
  • Like 6

37 minutes ago, (XBOX)omegaMAXIMUS080 said:

Given that some people work, and only have a few hours at night to play, the whole cycle thing doesnt respect our

time!  How about a separate Day and Night cycle that players can choose to maximize their time in game and 

The way it currently is and has been is not respectful of the player base as a whole. 

Time for a change!!

They’re both an hour

Night just seems fast because you actually have things to do at night

Day cycle on the other hand, has nothing, nada. (Ok I guess only thumpers, but you get enough of those when fishing)

Edit: Nope I was wrong, must’ve confused the day/night cycle with another game. 

Edited by Malikili
I was wrong

time gating eidolons was a mistake. hell, time gating almost anything is unwelcome, but in some cases it is needed. Eidolons aren't one of those cases.

one possible solution that *might* be feasible is, if your matchmaking is anything other than public, you could have a "wait for night/day" option in Cetus that would switch the day/night cycle. it couldn't be done in public because everyone has to abide by the usual cycles, but in your own separate, private instance of the game, maybe it could be done. the main downside is you'd need to be either soloing or making a premade group for your hunt, but generally speaking, I'd assume most successful hunters don't run public anyway if they can help it.

another option that would be public-compatible would be to just allow Eidolons to spawn in the daytime, but that would probably cause even more problems. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XBOX)omegaMAXIMUS080 said:

IIRC, it's not, they are at the same hour.

Given that some people work, and only have a few hours at night to play, the whole cycle thing doesnt respect our time!

It sucks to be them, the game doesn't evolve around you or them, focus on your actual work or life, not a video game.

How about a separate Day and Night cycle that players can choose to maximize their time in game andget the things done they need without having to wait hours! 

Time for a change!!

How about no?

Who is the player base you talk about?

2 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

another option that would be public-compatible would be to just allow Eidolons to spawn in the daytime, but that would probably cause even more problems. 

DE won't ever allow this, You are right it will cause more issues.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

No, it's not, they are at the same hour.

It sucks to be them, the game doesn't evolve around you or them, focus on your actual work or life, not a video game.

How about no?

DE won't ever allow this, You are right it will cause more issues.

Yo, tell this bozo to grind the game, not DE's $&*^.

Btw, you answer it yourself:

I hate eidolon hunting and was glad to be done with it after I finished maxing out my chosen focus schools. The only reason the cycles are the way they are is to limit their access so players can't pump out tons of arcanes.

Personally, I'd rather have more reliable means of farming those arcanes that doesn't involve grinding these bullet sponge bosses with incredibly meta-adherent teams. Let us buy them off Teshin using Steel Essence, but limit the weekly number to prevent AFK abuse or something.

6 часов назад, (XBOX)omegaMAXIMUS080 сказал:

Given that some people work

DE foresaw this situation and therefore in the game there is an opportunity to buy platinum for the money you earn. And with platinum you can buy everything you need from the night cycle of the plains from other players

53 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

DE foresaw this situation and therefore in the game there is an opportunity to buy platinum for the money you earn. And with platinum you can buy everything you need from the night cycle of the plains from other players

Imagine grinding 12 hours for prime junk just so you can buy 1 arcane energize and thinking that's reasonable.

• Like 3

vor 8 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)omegaMAXIMUS080:

Time for a change!!

Yes. You can't enjoy the times at all!
Something like 3 hours for each color gamma would be something

On 2023-11-13 at 9:11 PM, Merrcenary said:

Thats not the point!  I want to be able to do Eidolon hunts...I enjoy the gameplay and would like to be able to do it several times after coming home from work and having dinner.  Money is not a substitute for gameplay....playing a game you love and enjoy! 

Last night I wanted to do an Eidolon hunt before going too bed but 17m before Nightfall I just had to go to bed...I get up at 6am!  This is just an example of how frustrating day and night cycles are in the game! 

A permanent night cycle would be the easiest answer to this problem. A separate Day instance and Night instance. Then everyone can enjoy doing what they want, when they want...and when they have the time for it! 

• Like 2

On 2023-11-13 at 3:11 PM, Merrcenary said:

Except you can't buy the brilliant eidolon shards you need for the last ranks of way-bound perks for operator schools.

On 2023-11-13 at 4:26 PM, Olphus said:

why grind for 12 hours when you have a job?

Why have a job when you could be a basic Twitch streamer and get the worst of both worlds?

Honestly though, I wouldn't be opposed to daytime being reduced.  I also wouldn't be opposed to the eidolon fights being changed to just standard-issue overworld boss fights, and making them so that they can only be damaged and killed by amp damage would definitely ease the meta dilemma for those fights.

• Like 2

I remember being really excited about the PvE mode in Splatoon 2.  I turned on the game and found out that this entire mode was only available during certain times.  When I felt like playing that mode, I generally couldn't actually do it because it wasn't there.  And that really sucked.

I dislike fighting Eidelons, so I don't do it.  But I understand what it's like to have some free time and want to play some game content, only to have that content be arbitrarily unavailable.  That's a negative experience, one that should be absent from games in all but the most well-reasoned cases.

I think the best solution would simply be to leave the day-night cycle should as it is, but to always offer the Eidelon missions.  For the duration of these missions, it will always be night for those players.

• Like 1