Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Please give us old fortuna back.

MaxineSakei

This somehow reminds me of something similar happening in a MMORPG. There was really nice looking area, let's call it the Vale of Blossoms. The area got effed up through environment corruption through the course of the story. A problem that was solved at the end of it. People asked  for the Vale to be returned to its original state, but the developers in their tunnel vision on raiding and only having eyes for the latest and newest expansion said no.

For me the whole thing became a symbol for a companies downfall and out of sheer pig headedness refusing to consider even small quality of life fixes.

• Like 1

I want Fortuna back and I want both the open worlds in their pre-TNW state. OV just looks dirty, like at the end of winter as the snow melts and I utterly hate that, it is the worst part of a season. And PoE just looks so disjointed, as if the sentient pieces are just props glued ontop as if it was a wargaming table. And what made new PoE feel very wierd was during Plague Star. Set in a post-TNW era but for some reason Narmer were nowhere to be seen? 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

Rebbs stated before that they have the next 5 years of the narrative planned out. 

We know we have Whipsers and WF1999 planned as the "big updates" but in The AMA done last year they also have indicated that they also have Infested Liches and a "Stalker Update" in the works as well (Megan also said this at Tennocon).

I don't think they've forgotten about Narmer, Pazuul/Erra or Nef, but they want to focus on Dr. Entarti/TMITW before that it seems.

I believe the "Stalker Update" will involve the Archons in some way considering that was a plot point for his inclusion in The New War so that also could be a drive to include Hunhow in the narrative post New War as well.

I hope that if that's the case, we see Hunhow interact with Natah/Lotus/Margulis differently to cement that choice.

Going back to the topic at hand; we're not going back to the older tilesets for Plains/Fortuna. It dosent fit the narrative they are moving forward with.

It's exciting to me that there is so much to work with and on with this game. The Grineer and Corpus' internal conflicts and power moves are enough to provide years of updates and DE could very well create brand new tilesets per planet reflecting those emerging sub factions. That can be placed during and after TMITW series has taken off and could even dive into the 1999 stuff, depending on what unfolds. And we still have the Amalgam program, Liches, advanced Arlo infested and whatever the hell the Grineer queen is up to, that gives access to advanced enemies and new bosses. 

I think the challenge will be exactly what this thread is about: Can the player base accept leaving some of the old behind in order to allow the new vision to materialize.

22 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I want Fortuna back and I want both the open worlds in their pre-TNW state. OV just looks dirty, like at the end of winter as the snow melts and I utterly hate that, it is the worst part of a season. And PoE just looks so disjointed, as if the sentient pieces are just props glued ontop as if it was a wargaming table. And what made new PoE feel very wierd was during Plague Star. Set in a post-TNW era but for some reason Narmer were nowhere to be seen? 

I didn't get a chance to play Plague Star this year and was wondering how it would interact with the new environmental changes. Granted, this year's Plague Star was only meant to be a content holdover so I didn't expect DE to invest time into rebuilding it. The reward rush is the driving force and is most important so players wouldn't have to or want to bother with observing and gaining lore.

17 hours ago, Prexades said:

This somehow reminds me of something similar happening in a MMORPG. There was really nice looking area, let's call it the Vale of Blossoms. The area got effed up through environment corruption through the course of the story. A problem that was solved at the end of it. People asked  for the Vale to be returned to its original state, but the developers in their tunnel vision on raiding and only having eyes for the latest and newest expansion said no.

For me the whole thing became a symbol for a companies downfall and out of sheer pig headedness refusing to consider even small quality of life fixes.

I feel the same way.

Prior to new war I went to Fortuna a lot. I think I have been there maybe.... 5 times since then because I hate the area now. Doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth.

• Like 1

They cannot leave the old behind - DE cannot. Imagine if you try to build an old component that uses, say toroids, only to be told that old Vallis with the Corpus toroid drops no longer exists and has been replaced with Narmer factories - all the mask components you like though.

whilst old content exists and is available to players, the old content must remain in place. The only thing DE can do is add more stuff to it. This is perhaps the big reason DE doesn't revist old stuff - its done, its there, go farm it and DE won;t try to edit it that might result in something breaking.

Another reason is shared squads. What happens if you team up with someone who has not done TNW yet? You get the old Vallis tilesets. Thank goodness its only cosmetic, imagine if there was something in the new maps (eg a Narmer outpost) that you had to assault in a bounty, and it wasn't there because you were playing with your kid brother who hasn't got to the quest at all?

DE's best response to this is either: skip the entire game ot go straight to Duviri (lol), or pay to skip the entire quests to skip to WF1999 (will be equally lol).