The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

okay seriously now, what is the "africa method"?

(PSN)robotwars7

Question

I have seen people mentioning something called the Africa method in recruit chat in regards to Plague Star, and I have no idea what the hell they are on about. I've asked countless times in Q&A chat and nobody answered. at this point I'm starting to understand how the guy at the end of Se7en feels... what is the africa method? why the name?

please, someone, ANYONE. help me put this mystery to rest!

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

It refers to forcing a particular mixer and drone spawn, done by going to particular locations before the mixer (go to Cetus gate) and drone (go to Africa). The location you go to force the drone spawn is near an potential Teralyst spawn called Africa by Eidolon hunters (Can't recall why, likely related to it being very far from Cetus and being a "bad" Teralyst spawn). So the name got co-opted, hence the name "Africa method".

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

The first one is short an R to stand for Africa. It's AFICA.

Oops, it was supposed to include the word "Regular" between "Fiber" and "Informal" for AFRICA.  The Air Force Installation Contracting Agency method of doing Plague Star is a  different thing entirely. :P

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Oops, it was supposed to include the word "Regular" between "Fiber" and "Informal" for AFRICA.  The Air Force Installation Contracting Agency method of doing Plague Star is a  different thing entirely. :P

I thought it was the Rains, which you apparently forgot to bless.

• Like 1