Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen and Cross Platform Save

[DE]Taylor

2 minutes ago, (NSW)ShallanSoulcaster said:

what happens if I only have a NSW account, but have planned to only play on PC after cross save becomes available.

If i'm understanding everything correctly, you should just be able to log into the PC version using the email associated with that NSW account when cross save becomes available.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)ShallanSoulcaster said:

what happens if I only have a NSW account, but have planned to only play on PC after cross save becomes available.

I can't merge, because that would require two accounts.

The Dev stream mentioned a "link" option, but it was woefully underexplained (I feel), is this the replacement for people like me who only have a console account but still want to make PC their main account? so I would be able to "merge"/link to basically a phantom PC account making me able to use the Tennogen I bought on NSW on PC!?

Is my interpretation correct? The FAQ unfortunately didn't explain this situation at all (at the time of writing this post).

5 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Any TennoGen items you have purchased before November 24 at 2pm ET will be eligible to use within the Cross Platform Save system. :) This includes Linking, so long as your main Linked account is the one with the eligible TennoGen items on it!

Hope this answers your question

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

But why though? Console doesn't have every tennogen item, why not just restrict purchasing it to PC but make it usable on consoles?

Licensing agreements between the different storefronts, most likely.

Edited by AnActualFrog
  • Like 5

One way to fix this would have been to let players who purchase plat and spend money on tennogen, to have that converted value go back to the tennogen players...
Its pointless to make any arguements for difference now but basically either i play pc and cant use ANY outfits i spent plat to get- or I transfer and never get to have tennogen again bc id be giving up the versatility of platinum that every other platform has- and likely cant actually use tennogen on other platforms anyways....
you guys really made this the most urksome way possible didnt you. Hope this doesnt kill tennogen in the end.

• Like 4

So if I'm understanding this right if I buy a Tennogen item on PC now, I won't be able to use it on console if I go to play over there for whatever reason?? This is really weird. I would have already paid. Why should I have to pay twice if I want to use it on both platforms?? That's not preserving the artist's income but instead doubling it.

I can see the argument for disallowing a console purchased Tennogen item to work on PC as they can buy it for platinum, but for PC to console we've already directly paid real world money. I can't help but feel this is a silly decision. Am I understanding this correctly?

Additionally, if console players can buy with platinum but the value of platinum spent is converted into real world money to be paid to the artist why can PC players not do the same? If the artist is still paid the same, and DE isn't losing money in the process why are we not going with that path?

Correction:

Artists are paid a lump sum for their item being allowed to be sold on console. Regardless, the crossed out section above doesn't seem like an unreasonable option to take.

Edited by Sierra
typo, corrected inaccuracy
  • Like 10

Really really thankful to see account merging is in, and it's covering more than I expected.

Couple questions:

How does syndicate progress work for merging? Is this decided based on the Primary account? The statement "Story and Quest progress" is a bit broad.

Plexus level is Primary account?

How are Intrinsics handled?

Helminth level?

Operator Focus school progress?

Edited by Kalidibus

Just now, Sierra said:

So if I'm understanding this right if I buy a Tennogen item on PC now, I won't be able to use it on console if I go to play over there for whatever reason?? This is really weird. I would have already paid. Why should I have to pay twice if I want to use it on both platforms?? That's not preserving the artist's income but instead doubling it.

I can see the argument for disallowing a console purchased Tennogen item to work on PC as they can buy it for platinum, but for PC to console we've already directly paid real world money. I can't help but feel this is a silly decision. Am I understanding this correctly?

This screws over Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo because they aren't getting their cut of the item. Its a legal reason why. We are luckly DE has negotiated and talked down the three companies to allow for unified platinum wallets and previous tennogen purchases to be unified

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

A licensing agreement that states that any use of a skin on console must have been purchased on that console?

lol

No for real though, those agreements can be that petty. From what i've heard, stuff like that is pretty common with modern game company storefronts. Companies want things bought on their platforms to stay on their platforms. For a while, Sony didn't even like accounts that were created on Playstion to be used on other platforms for games that had already been supporting cross platform. Fortnite was the one that drew a ton of attention to the issue back in 2018.

When purchasing Vbucks, Epic even warned players they'd have to charge them more to buy it on mobile/console than if they bought it through them directly because of the companies taking a large cut, so i imagine DE has to deal with the same mess trying to pay Tennogen creators. Trying to get anything purchasable on one platform to play nice with other platforms is always a legal nightmare.

Edited by AnActualFrog
  • Like 13

2 minutes ago, (PSN)FoGsesipod said:

This screws over Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo because they aren't getting their cut of the item. Its a legal reason why. We are luckly DE has negotiated and talked down the three companies to allow for unified platinum wallets and previous tennogen purchases to be unified

Yeah I went into this expecting everything to be totally segregated so this is a fair middle ground.

• Like 8

Just now, di0n08O8 said:

What would happen if I owned and equipped a Tennogen item on Console, and then logged in on PC? Would the cosmetic just appear normally, or would it be unequipped or be invisible?

By the sounds of it it'll unequip and act like you haven't bought it before. Depending how this is done you might have to re-equip it when you return to PC.

15 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

This is answered in our questions section. That sounds like an ideal solution, but it is not something we are able to do unfortunately. 

Sorry, Taylor, but that's not an answer. "Tough luck, PC, no deal" doesn't cut it as an answer. If I'm expected to be double-dipped if I want to own those cosmetics across all platforms I require an answer that explains the situation and convinces me that was the only option.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

Sorry, Taylor, but that's not an answer. "Tough luck, PC, no deal" doesn't cut it as an answer. If I'm expected to be double-dipped if I want to own those cosmetics across all platforms I require an answer that explains the situation and convinces me that was the only option.

Your current Tennogen cosmetics get transferred over. You future purchases won't, likely to avoid a constant legal battle between DE, Sony, and Microsoft. There's genuinely a metric ton of legal S#&$ surrounding in-app purchases on each platform, and my semi-educated guess is that DE would lose money on every Tennogen purchase if they were made universal.

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, Cloverskull said:

Your current Tennogen cosmetics get transferred over. You future purchases won't, likely to avoid a constant legal battle between DE, Sony, and Microsoft. There's genuinely a metric ton of legal S#&$ surrounding in-app purchases on each platform, and my semi-educated guess is that DE would lose money on every Tennogen purchase if they were made universal.

I want to read an official, detailed explanation, not someone's guess, sorry.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Why don’t Steam PC purchases also give you the console version of the item?

We explored this option, but it, unfortunately, is not an avenue that is available to us.

Okay, but why is it not available to you?

Also, where will mobile sit in all this?

• Like 7