Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen and Cross Platform Save

[DE]Taylor

I play on my pc main account normally. I buy let's say a new tennogen for my nidus, post merging. But each weekend I 'm visiting my friends house who has a playstation and I play from there. If my accounts are merged, then how will this work - practically -.

If I ' m using a loadout slot with said nidus wearing the new tennogen on my pc, once logged in every Saturday with my playstation account what is it that I will be looking at? A "locked loadout"? A "naked nidus"? And more importantly each Monday should I "dress him again"? Redo all my customisations? 

• Like 1

On 2023-12-17 at 12:34 PM, ahmedFG said:

I'm curious if at all it's possible for someone on console whose able to buy/gift tennogen stuff with platinum is able to gift them to a PC player and whether or not it's against the terms of service, because it would feel so. 

And then another question, why doesn't DE do the same thing their doing with console tennogen stuff with PC too? 

DE pays the artists behind tennogen to have that stuff on console to be bought with plat. 

Then why not do the same with PC? 

Because the payment plan is different. Artists get commissions for their sales on PC and a one time payout on Console.

Artists with popular works are screwed out of what they could have made if they switch it to an all platinum model. 

You get a prompt when buying that it will not be useable on console or pc depending on what platform you use.  So if you bought a PC player Tennogen as a gift on console. They could only use your gift when signing into a console. 

• Like 1

On 2023-11-24 at 12:52 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

A licensed Console Platform is a platform on which we have acquired the rights to use the TennoGen item. Not all TennoGen are available on all platforms, so players may notice that their favourite item can be used on PlayStation, but not on the Nintendo Switch, for example. 

So Switch players who didn't make an account and purchase restricted Tennogen before the 24th on another platform are supposed to to what exactly? It's been 4 1/2 years and the Tennogen selection on Switch is still gutted. Are we just supposed to wait indefinitely? Or are these items never going to be usable on Switch if you didn't have an account to merge them from?

On 2023-12-15 at 2:57 AM, Stormandreas said:

Don't if you have 2 accounts. This causes your NSW account to be deleted and lost, and then you only have the PC account in name, which becomes a WF account.

MERGE your accounts, ALWAYS. There's no reason they should offer the linking system. Linking literally deletes your items and you lose them. Merging actually merges your items into a single account.

Your account is then turned into a Warframe Account, which is accessable on all platforms, it's no longer a "Pc" or "NSW" account, it's just a WF account

Cross save is a very fickle thing. If they rush it, they'll break peoples accounts, and that's something DE cannot afford. Cross play took 3 months to fully release testing, and longer to be fully stable, about 4ish months.

Cross save is even worse due to the fact they're now manipulating the accounts themselves for accessability, which can have catastrophic problems. You HAVE to be patient with it, lest you risk losing your account.

True, but for those who have 2 console accounts like me (a old playstation account and a primary switch account) and want to play indefinitely on PC, I don't get two merges.

I'd have to make a 3rd account on PC only for it to be overwritten by the Primary switch account, not too sure what it will look like when cross save is enabled for me but I'll follow the rules and hope things don't break so I can later merge the playstation account into the PC account that has my main primary switch data on it.

If I was able to merge twice that would be awesome sauce, but I don't have any other options. 

After I overwrote my ns account to the pc, due to the deletion of the pc account, when I wanted to purchase the tennogen purchased before on the pc again, the message "already owned, cannot be purchased again" was displayed, but this tennogen is not in my current account. Is there any solution?

• Like 2

Hi,

I purchased TennoGen on Nintendo Switch (Specifically the Volt Arrester helmet and the Ak-Sura syandana) back in 2018/2019. Now that I have merged accounts, I do not see these in my inventory! Based on this post, I should have them. Could someone please support with this? If I should request help somewhere else, please point me there. Thanks!

2 hours ago, DatFern said:

Hi,

I purchased TennoGen on Nintendo Switch (Specifically the Volt Arrester helmet and the Ak-Sura syandana) back in 2018/2019. Now that I have merged accounts, I do not see these in my inventory! Based on this post, I should have them. Could someone please support with this? If I should request help somewhere else, please point me there. Thanks!

https://support.warframe.com/hc/en-us

Now I've been playing Warframe on pc since steam greenlight, Ive watched as this game evolved into the glory it is today. 

I am somewhat disappointed my accounts are not eligible for merging as now I am a console player. I imagined my accounts would be simple to merge as they are both of the same email. I want to merge my PC account onto my psn account but I get this come back later notification. which really sucks! WHEN will I be able to merge my accounts I need a better update program to tell me WHEN instead of just check back later. EVERY DAY I have checked back and still nothing since the launch WTF warframe please help me! 

• Like 1

On 2023-11-24 at 2:24 PM, --N-- said:

It's in the FAQ:

We decided on this cut-off date to prevent players from intentionally stocking up on Platinum-purchased TennoGen to transfer their PC accounts. We know that there are players who can freely spend Platinum but can’t do the same with real money, and we understand why a player may have been planning to take that route. It’s vital to us that our TennoGen Artists retain their income from PC sales, and this policy operates with that goal in mind. 

They struggle to pay their artists even if platinum only exists after money has been deposited into Warframe?

10 hours ago, Rolo256 said:

They struggle to pay their artists even if platinum only exists after money has been deposited into Warframe?

They are not "their" artists. Please read the post, it's explained in the context section.

Platinum doesn't have a fixed value, especially not on PC, because of the discounts. There's also no mechanism to give money to the artist based on console sales. DE also already paid a lump sum to be able to sell the item for platinum, but that was with the understanding that it would only be sold on consoles and that the artist would continue to get money from PC sales.

• Like 1

On 2023-12-30 at 3:08 AM, --N-- said:

They are not "their" artists. Please read the post, it's explained in the context section.

Platinum doesn't have a fixed value, especially not on PC, because of the discounts. There's also no mechanism to give money to the artist based on console sales. DE also already paid a lump sum to be able to sell the item for platinum, but that was with the understanding that it would only be sold on consoles and that the artist would continue to get money from PC sales.

If they are not their artists then these skins should be free. They are profiting on others work.

4 hours ago, Rolo256 said:

If they are not their artists then these skins should be free. They are profiting on others work.

The artists get paid (through Steam's system, after every purchase) and would like to continue to get paid.

Again, please read the post.

Edited by --N--
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rolo256 said:

What about the other 3 platforms that use platinum based transactions for tennigen

From the post: "Digital Extremes pays Artists a one-time sum as part of the Transfer process to Consoles."

From my previous comment: "DE also already paid a lump sum to be able to sell the item for platinum, but that was with the understanding that it would only be sold on consoles and that the artist would continue to get money from PC sales."

just bought a TennoGen Item after cross-saving my account to pc and its not there, warning to all, buy any items you're planning on buying that are marked as TennoGen before linking or merging accounts as even if you buy it on console and then get on pc it will not save over.

why does there have to be a cut off date when you can only merge an account once? if the account is already tagged that it has been merged before then they shouldn't be able to merge it again. I just got my pc not to long ago and because i didnt have a pc account with warframe yet now im going to have to lose all my platinum and everything i worked so hard for on xbox to link my account. If you have merged one account to another then you cant merge it again anyways so there is no reason that there should be a cut off date.

• 2 weeks later...

How will you guys address the trade of plat for items to/from Nintendo?

It can be lucrative for me to (for instance) sell a whole revenant prime set for 150 plat so I can go spend it in the market to buy a new skin or something. But the way things are now even having cross save I won't be able to trade with anyone except switch accounts which gets harder as people link accounts and abandon their switch accounts. So with that in mind when will the full availability of trade be available to us switch players. Will Nintendo continue to be tightwads?

• Like 1

Given that most of older TennoGen isn't purchasable on the Nintendo Switch client (and possibly other consoles),is there any plan to obtain proper licensing for many of these items? If not,this effectively means forcing players to jump cross-platform to simply purchase some items, and even then, we aren't allowed to bring our purchases back with us to our primary consoles.

• Like 2