The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Circuit the best gamemode ever implemented?

TheSimpleDude42

On 2023-11-30 at 5:32 PM, TheSimpleDude42 said:

I just hope DE will do something similar for the next huge update this is far superior to anything I have experienced with Warframe in years! I just ... can't stand ... survival and any of those forced time-wasters just to drag the play time ... it is just not fun at all...

wha? Circuit is pretty much nothing but survival - apart from the literal survival rounds, "exterminate" is survival as the enemy rushes at you and you kill them - survival without the life support. Defence is survival too, enemies rush at you and you kill them. The only one that is different is the balls of goo collection round, and the jackal of course. The one everyone hates. lol.

Circuit is a bad design, its nothing more than a inferior version of existing missions. Maybe because its quicker, but I think the only thing it has going for it, ands the only thing that has clouded people's view of it, is those rewards. Take the incarnon adapters away and I think circuit would be as dead as conclave. That's how "good" the game mode truly is.

I can't stand the randomizer, so I don't play it.
I can only tolerate up to rank 5 to get one of the incarnon weapons then I never touch it again.

experience during those 5 ranks is absolutely terrible, I have to handle a frame I'm not used with a weapon I don't use or stopped using so I can push through steel path level enemies.

there are times where the circuit has a frame I used to main, but if it's not my "Warframe of the week/month" main, I don't use it.

Edited by (PSN)Hopper_Orouk

No not really. Survival and excavation are crazy awful in this mode.  Defense is much better than other defense missions, but portal defense is way more fun.  

Void cascade and sp exterm fissure or the new exterm just for eximus stronghold modifier.

Disruption is terrible; especially solo.  There's 5 or 6 enemies and it plays like a courier mission.  I only notice tankier demos on SP, not spawns.  Very empty.  You run the same 2-3 routes rinse and repeat.  You're basically forced to play it because other modes are 10-20× less efficient.  

I'll say it again.  What this game needs is endless exterm, navigating through a tile, then onto the next tile, with every tile thats ever been in the game including old ship, old gas, invasion and underwater tiles, even zariman, but no plains, duviri or fortuna (although I'd compromise if they had to be included).  Then the enemies would get buffs like eximus stronghold etc and you could receive temporary buffs and debuffs. 

The game is about horde killing and movement yet disruption is single target paper delivery, survival is just camp and kill, defense is camp and kill and protect, excavation is protect and kill with bad scaling and spawns, flood is meh, Armageddon is garbage, infested missions are garbage, and eso you again don't have to navigate just kill and move on.  

Running through all tiles and killing would be very enjoyable especially with modifiers and some boss fights or invaders or even more frequent invasions as you continue and super fast scaling and scaling rewards.  The boss should not be part of a predictable rotation, but maybe after 20 exterms where you could still keep going and face 2 or 3 stronger variants.  Also, it would be nice to have an option to "stay with group" or "regroup" within the same mission, then you could continue, and get all new people each round, without having to load into orbiter, or stay with the same group if you choose.

Circuit is very structured and boring because it's still the same old game types made much worse in several modes thanks to squad scaling.  I'd rather play endless flood or endless portal defense(why is this not a thing?) or just exterms.  There's no navigation to the undercroft.  It is miles worse than zariman, which is crazy if you think they sat and looked at the amazingness that is zariman and thought, "is there a way we could totally butcher this tile and make it completely suck?" And boom you have the undercroft!  It's that bad.  

Then you can't ever enjoy your setups there because you are stuck in a shakedown loop for maxing out all your fodder.  You should at least be able to unlock your arsenal for a separate endless mode there that provides new rewards and challenges.

And this isn't even talking about bugs.  Well pretend they'll get fixed over time, but with no one playing it, there's no much incentive and it will turn into railjack.  Speaking of- railjack all day over circuit, there just needs to be SP railjack and if railjack could be more centered around flight combat instead of more recycled ground content.  I mean you can't even fly in archwing because the enemies are so OP and there's nothing to do except fly to a ground mission. 

So yeah there's still a lot to be desired in this game.  Sure it's nice to have varying missions and some funky decrees within the same mission type but its the worst mission in the game to run if you don't need the adapters.  Imagine getting excited at doing 3 hrs of circuit for a riven and 20k kuva.  Throw in some fish and a boot trophy at least.

It's also nice for an endless mission to change tilesets ever so often.  That would actually help a lot of modes be less stale and its why exterms are not as boring even running the same node because you are still navigating something a little different.  If multiple nodes were added into the mix, that would be a good thing.  These are just my opinions.

Edited by Lord_Drod
  • Like 1

I  think the mode in itself is fine, but the weekly track is crap... It requires way too many rounds to finish your weekly chores.

Personally , I think one wave should be one rank of the weekly path, period. Right now you need like 11 consecutive waves to hit lvl 5 on you weekly path, then you need like 15+ more waves... Way too many waves per week...

I mean i'm a nolife Vet with all the weapons, pretty much all important arcanes and mods , etc, and I can't bring myself to finish my incarnon collection... Still need like 16 of them, and nowadays I can barely brining myself to get one a week.

Add to the fact you also need like four Duviri Experience runs per week on top of the like five hours you need to spend in Circuit and you get a very tiresome grind.

• Like 1