Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Save Rollout Information & Status

[DE]CoreyOnline

8 hours ago, captain2324 said:

Question on account merging 
It says accounts Previously involved in a account migration

WHY ARE ACCOUNTS PREVIOUSLY INVOLVED IN AN ACCOUNT MIGRATION INELIGIBLE FOR THE ONE-TIME ACCOUNT MERGE?

In all past account migrations, copies of the original accounts were created for the newly introduced platform. This means that any migrated account has two versions in existence. Previously these existed in separate ecosystems, but with Cross Platform Save they occupy a single Warframe ecosystem.

Accounts involved in migration cannot be remerged into each other or Merged into any other account due to another version of the account and its inventory existing.

While these accounts cannot be Merged, they can still take part in Account Linking. Selecting the Warframe account you wish to prioritize as your Primary Account will allow you to access it across all platforms.

My Question on this post being is I did Migrate my pc account to the switch when it first occured. Does deleting that switch account Allow me to merge or Is their noting that can be done at the moment. in my Case i have 2000 hours on xbox and started a new run on pc and have gotten alot done; my hope is to merge my pc and xbox accounts if possible. 

You're trying to triple-dip in Plat bud no one is an idiot delete the account then.

If you migrated before your account has been  duped 

Dint matter the time frame in which you migrated end of the day your items were duplicated for you to play on another system link the account and be happy if you are at the end of the day trying to capitalize on selling your (duped items) then merge like everything is okay.

DE doesn't have to take that chance even if you are one of the few who isn't thinking that because too many of you Veterans can ruin the economy.

• Like 1

Some of us don't care about the copy, I just did it to try switch, but because of that I cannot merge my PS and PC accounts all because of 1 migration to switch. Something that was never implied to be a restriction, let alone a double edged restriction since it negates the source of the migrations and the copy, I don't care about the copy, I'd be fine with just linking my switch, thus deleting anything I had done on switch, to everything once I merge PS and PC but can't.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eldunari421 said:

Some of us don't care about the copy, I just did it to try switch, but because of that I cannot merge my PS and PC accounts all because of 1 migration to switch. Something that was never implied to be a restriction, let alone a double edged restriction since it negates the source of the migrations and the copy, I don't care about the copy, I'd be fine with just linking my switch, thus deleting anything I had done on switch, to everything once I merge PS and PC but can't.

ARE THERE ANY RESTRICTIONS FOR LINKING OR MERGING?

Only accounts created before November 24 at 2 p.m. ET, which did not previously undergo a PC-to-console account migration, will be eligible to Merge. Any Warframe account that was previously involved in a PC-to-console account migration to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, or Nintendo Switch is ineligible for a One-Time Account Merge. However, these accounts can still be Linked normally and participate in Cross Platform Save.

20 hours ago, dashboy01 said:

I will check and reply right as I find out. I get off work in 5 hours. So if someone doesn't let you know before me, I'll tell you.

No I'm not a founder. Just checking the website every hour since the 13th and it worked this time. My account was made in 2014 for if it's time based rollout.

No it's not lmao.

They gave it to (PC) prime access holders after founders.

On 2023-12-18 at 5:15 PM, (XBOX)Alistair217 said:

Like link all to my xbox account. Basically sign in on my Xbox account and link from there?

The FAQ explains how the linking process works.  To link accounts you do so in the user section of the website when it goes live for you.  Then as long as you've done that your progression across any platform that has cross save on will be the same.

I think I read in the FAQ that as long as your accounts were created before nov 24th 2023 they will be merged, credits, plat etc will be combined.  I'd recommend checking it for sure.

One thing that doesnt carry over are platform exclusive skins.  Those will only be available on the platforn they were acquired on.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Jokerfadew said:

You're trying to triple-dip in Plat bud no one is an idiot delete the account then.

If you migrated before your account has been  duped 

Dint matter the time frame in which you migrated end of the day your items were duplicated for you to play on another system link the account and be happy if you are at the end of the day trying to capitalize on selling your (duped items) then merge like everything is okay.

DE doesn't have to take that chance even if you are one of the few who isn't thinking that because too many of you Veterans can ruin the economy.

we wouldn't be so mad if it was only recent.

Some of us migrated their account to Xbox or PS4 back in 2013/2014 , that is a long long time ago , triple dip ? You mean exactly what merging is for someone with 3 accounts , or 4.

Someone who did the merge 9/10 years ago gets completely blocked out from merging, meaning if they now have a switch or a different platform, those cannot be merged to the main account anymore.

In short, we are losing out merging any account and are stuck with the one.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, testwizard said:

we wouldn't be so mad if it was only recent.

Some of us migrated their account to Xbox or PS4 back in 2013/2014 , that is a long long time ago , triple dip ? You mean exactly what merging is for someone with 3 accounts , or 4.

Someone who did the merge 9/10 years ago gets completely blocked out from merging, meaning if they now have a switch or a different platform, those cannot be merged to the main account anymore.

In short, we are losing out merging any account and are stuck with the one.

This might just be very tricky for them to pull off in the code. It seems like there should be a way though. Basically “merge accounts but not this extra one”. Maybe they will figure this out and eventually offer a way at a later date? It’s incredibly kind that they are doing this in the first place, however I can see where this does seem unfair to those who migrated from pc to console.

Edited by Gerlon.
Wrong word

19 hours ago, Talnoxor said:

WHY? I buy a Rhino Prime pack in 2019 and not have the access, or not cout the vault primes? that is rare because all my time is a pc gamer in this game

rhino prime didn't come out in 2019. That is definitely a vault prime pack not prime access. You can wait a day or two and you'll get it. This is rolled out to everyone slowly.

wait. so, just because someone copied a PC account to switch *just* to try it out on switch, they're no longer able to merge PSN and PC accounts?

YOU should've mentioned that BACK then. you're punishing a LOT of players for trying to play your game on a new platform. there has to have been a smarter, fairer way to do this without punishing players wanting to see warframe played on different consoles.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jnuh said:

wait. so, just because someone copied a PC account to switch *just* to try it out on switch, they're no longer able to merge PSN and PC accounts?

YOU should've mentioned that BACK then. you're punishing a LOT of players for trying to play your game on a new platform. there has to have been a smarter, fairer way to do this without punishing players wanting to see warframe played on different consoles.

Well it sounds like they aren’t doing this because it’s a complicated issue. I’m not sure but basically it seems that those who “migrated” to switch already have both a pc account (shadow) and a switch account and thus you’d have to merge those two duplicate accounts? Seems like there should be a way to “ignore/erase” one of those two accounts and still do a merge? I’m sure they have good reasons for saying this can’t be done. 

hace 5 minutos, Gerlon. dijo:

Well it sounds like they aren’t doing this because it’s a complicated issue. I’m not sure but basically it seems that those who “migrated” to switch already have both a pc account (shadow) and a switch account and thus you’d have to merge those two duplicate accounts? Seems like there should be a way to “ignore/erase” one of those two accounts and still do a merge? I’m sure they have good reasons for saying this can’t be done. 

i whould hope they have a way to identify the "origin account" and the "copied account" to don't allow they get merged togheter, if they don't they can add a format to request info from the "copied account" to destroy it as part of the merge process, in my case i don't mind my switch account gets oblitarated as long as im able to merge my PSN and PC accounts.

i played and purchase things in both platforms because i love this game and i wanna support it, put me this restriction for something i never was aware it's going to be a problem is very sad.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Qddh said:

i cant wait for the next wave to be apple watch players who have bought prime access

I’m pretty stoked for mobile. The quick lunchtime grind at work or just doing things that the mobile app can’t and don’t require a large screen. :)

As for “playing on watch” who knows? That might just be a few years away. :)

2 minutes ago, Reknil said:

i whould hope they have a way to identify the "origin account" and the "copied account" to don't allow they get merged togheter, if they don't they can add a format to request info from the "copied account" to destroy it as part of the merge process, in my case i don't mind my switch account gets oblitarated as long as im able to merge my PSN and PC accounts.

i played and purchase things in both platforms because i love this game and i wanna support it, put me this restriction for something i never was aware it's going to be a problem is very sad.

Yes I agree. Seems like it should be possible, but behind the scenes things are really complicated for this stuff. It’s even surprising that they revealed this much detail about why “it can’t be done”. 

Maybe DE didn’t realize this when they started and unfortunately “doing something nice” for everybody has resulted in some unexpected “unfairness” to a specific group. A fine line to walk. 

To be clear, anyone who left one platform behind and then moved to another platform, never had nor should have had, the expectation that they’d “someday” be able to merge those two. I started on Switch and moved to PC. I assumed that all that progress was just lost and I had to start over on PC. That was the deal at the time and that was fine for me.

This account merge now is great but if some get benefits from it and others don’t (through no fault of their own), that is somewhat unfair. 

• Like 5

hace 10 minutos, Gerlon. dijo:

To be clear, anyone who left one platform behind and then moved to another platform, never had nor should have had, the expectation that they’d “someday” be able to merge those two. I started on Switch and moved to PC. I assumed that all that progress was just lost and I had to start over on PC. That was the deal at the time and that was fine for me.

This account merge now is great but if some get benefits from it and others don’t (through no fault of their own), that is somewhat unfair. 

i agree, i was never expecting the merge was possible it's a great option that i whould like take some advantage, only for this:
with my current status what i need to "cross save" is this
1.- For my PSN to cross save, i need to create a PC account using a new email, link the PSN over this new account.
2.- For my PC account, i assume it gets as it is, no extra steps for cross save.
3.- For my switch account same deal as PSN, but since i don't care much what happens to this one maybe i'm going to look to delete it or something.

so my expectation was merge as much as posible and only get one account, and never had to deal with this again, now in the best case scenario still i end with 2 accounts, 1 that maybe i'm not going to use ever again.

If there's only a way to transfer my prime cosmetics and some premium skins that i purchase in PC to my PSN whould be enough to destroy the PC account as well, but well thats it.

2 minutes ago, Reknil said:

i agree, i was never expecting the merge was possible it's a great option that i whould like take some advantage, only for this:
with my current status what i need to "cross save" is this
1.- For my PSN to cross save, i need to create a PC account using a new email, link the PSN over this new account.
2.- For my PC account, i assume it gets as it is, no extra steps for cross save.
3.- For my switch account same deal as PSN, but since i don't care much what happens to this one maybe i'm going to look to delete it or something.

so my expectation was merge as much as posible and only get one account, and never had to deal with this again, now in the best case scenario still i end with 2 accounts, 1 that maybe i'm not going to use ever again.

If there's only a way to transfer my prime cosmetics and some premium skins that i purchase in PC to my PSN whould be enough to destroy the PC account as well, but well thats it.

Ok that doesn’t sound too bad then. Hopefully that works out. 

In my case, I’m slightly worried that I originally signed up on pc, since pc was obviously “primary” so I did this to be “safe” and then I immediately migrated to Switch. It’s been so long that I can’t remember? Now I’ve played a lot on pc (completely different account) and would like to merge with my old Switch account. But if I did do that migration before, I’d be ineligible. 

hace 2 minutos, Gerlon. dijo:

Ok that doesn’t sound too bad then. Hopefully that works out. 

In my case, I’m slightly worried that I originally signed up on pc, since pc was obviously “primary” so I did this to be “safe” and then I immediately migrated to Switch. It’s been so long that I can’t remember? Now I’ve played a lot on pc (completely different account) and would like to merge with my old Switch account. But if I did do that migration before, I’d be ineligible. 

just to be clear, you create one PC account, that you migrated to switch, played some there and thats it,
then you created a new account in PC and it's the one you currently use:

so what you want is merge the Switch and the new PC account togheter.

if this is right, then yeah you are the same as me, you cannot merge that switch account only for the fact is started as a migrated account.