The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

5 Years back and still bugs not fixed with a ton of new ones.

Xzorn

Start off with some un-fixed half a decade old bugs:

• Nyx's Pacifying Bolt augment duration stops when Chaos ends.
  • Rhino's Roar double dips DoT effects.
  • Ivara still swaps arrow types if you hold while rolling.
  • Bane mods double dip DoT effects.
  • Still fall and get stuck in PoE/Vallis doors.
  • Invite to trade auto decline is still a thing.
  • Auto fail trade is still a thing.

Some new ones:

• Cursor goes wherever it wants during mission complete screen.
  • Enemies now spawn randomly. I've seen they pop close as 10m from me.
  • Notable hadshake stutter when you have an active quest.

Group Specific new ones:

• Can end up in a Dojo or Relay "before" starting a mission.
  • Relics can randomly be removed from equip, esp if the above happens.
  • Starting a group mission can occasionally disband the whole team an cancel starting.

I can make a larger list if I get back down to testing things. The reason this isn't in bug reports is questionable integrity.
I get it. F2P games have a habit of always moving forward and never looking back but some of these are nearly a decade of nuisances.

Oh man, don't even get me started on CO for guns. It doesn't work for AoE except when it does. It's additive except when it isn't. What a mess.

• Like 1

well i come to the conclusion you if you want anything fixed these days get a job at the company fix the bug annoying you and quit

else you can remind the devs about the bug over and over and over again until something might happen

well took me around 3 years that a misplaced spwan was removed and what did i have now other maps with the same problems i am to tired to try to act on my instinc of improveing someones product so it becomes more enjoyable for people that care

and the thing mostly leads to it is the company does not earn money fixing bugs
but they can lose reputation from it

Edited by Keiyadan

7 minutes ago, Keiyadan said:

well i come to the conclusion you if you want anything fixed these days get a job at the company fix the bug annoying you and quit

else you can remind the devs about the bug over and over and over again until something might happen

well took me around 3 years that a misplaced spwan was removed and what did i have now other maps with the same problems i am to tired to try to act on my instinc of improveing someones product so it becomes more enjoyable for people that care

and the thing mostly leads to it is the company does not earn money fixing bugs
but they can lose reputation from it

I actually do this for Larian Studios. Fortunately their code can be unpacked and 90% of the engine can be integrated with a Lua extension.

I can't even count the number of bugs I fixed for Divinity OS2. I spent 4 years doing that and creating mods. I just refuse to do the same with BG3.
Every time they patch BG3 they change core engine interactions which just makes it a nightmare of doing the same thing over and over.

...and holy crap did they add a lot of bugs this most recent patch.

13 minutes ago, (PSN)manicmartz61 said:

Steve did say a cpl of years ago during a devstream that they had a bug fix program that would methodically crawl through the game code highlighting errors in the code. Maybe that program decided it was one gig to far and self terminated, as It's never been mentioned again! Lol

Shortly after that stream, they looked at the results and the crawler had highlighted everything.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Xzorn said:
  • Rhino's Roar double dips DoT effects.
  • Bane mods double dip DoT effects.

I agree with the rest of your post as well as the sentiment (also welcome back. I recognize the name :D). However, I just wanted to point out that I don't think these are unintended:

Roar is just a universal Faction Damage bonus, same with True Master's Damage Blessing.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

I agree with the rest of your post as well as the sentiment (also welcome back. I recognize the name :D). However, I just wanted to point out that I don't think these are unintended:

Roar is just a universal Faction Damage bonus, same with True Master's Damage Blessing.

Yea, it's been some time. I got happily stuck developing a large mod for 4 years.

It was considered a bug when I reported Stealth + Gas triple dip.

I recall getting in an argument with someone on Discord. They said it was intentional and I said there was just no way. So I posted here with all the data / pics and asked. DE Taylor responded that it was not intentional and then because it was such an old bug I got about 3 hate Youtube videos calling me out by name. Pretty much every other Youtuber covered it like a normal person would and around 80 in-game hate messages. None of it really bothered me though.

It was fixed in one week. I believe these are all the same multiplicative function flaw in the game's math.
You may recall Chroma had a similar problem with combined base damage element weapons like Staticor.
That post was made roughly the same time I reported it and I was hardly the first. Just the first to get a response.

In the end, it makes me wonder if they don't know of these bugs or just ignore them until it becomes a big enough problem.