Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So what was the point of DE reluctantly not calling them "syndicates" when they're exactly that?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

I'm not saying they straight up said they won't be like normal syndicates, because they didn't say it directly...but they spent a good amount of time in the devstream dodging that word, making us expect a new leveling system or something...I'm quite confused...what's different? 

everything is exactly the same as Zariman, Deimos, and the ones before them.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

but they spent a good amount of time in the devstream dodging that word

The word they were dodging during the devstream were how to call the NPCs, as not to spoil that they were animals, not the syndicate itself

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I'm not saying they straight up said they won't be like normal syndicates, because they didn't say it directly...but they spent a good amount of time in the devstream dodging that word, making us expect a new leveling system or something...I'm quite confused...what's different? 

I'd recommend refreshing your memory of the devstream because they never tried to avoid mentioning that there was a syndicate - moreso the fact that the syndicate's characters aren't people, but lab animals

8 minutes ago, mariberry-hearn said:

I'd recommend refreshing your memory of the devstream because they never tried to avoid mentioning that there was a syndicate - moreso the fact that the syndicate's characters aren't people, but lab animals

are you sure it was about just that?...

16 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

The word they were dodging during the devstream were how to call the NPCs, as not to spoil that they were animals, not the syndicate itself

seems fair, I swear these guys confuse me all the time...it's why I didn't complain about it in the OP because I KNEW there must be something I misunderstood.

43 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

We were told there was a new syndicate. We knew this, they called it "a new faction and syndicate" which is exactly what they said with Solaris, Entrati and Holdfasts. We knew exactly what to expect.

• Like 2

they definitely said syndicate, several times; they didn't want to reveal what they *were* because it'd be a major spoiler.

anyway, in another year or so the word Syndicate will probably sound too sinister or something, so we'll have to call them "a group of ideologically-aligned individuals" or something like that..

3 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

anyway, in another year or so the word Syndicate will probably sound too sinister or something, so we'll have to call them "a group of ideologically-aligned individuals" or something like that..

With how the world works today I wouldnt be surprised. Though it might take a turn in the other direction aswell, since in this upside down world we live supporting terrorist groups openly is somehow A-OK. I'm frequently looking out my window these days, towards the sky, the streets, the hills and the sea, but still I havent seen a massive giant of fire, a ship of nails, hordes of zombies or a huge meteor or asteroid heading this way. Any of those things happening would make more sense than the world of today.