Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Manus Sumdali (Steel Path Bonus Fragmented One Reward)

Duality52

On 2023-12-17 at 7:52 AM, SneakyErvin said:

Those guys are either stoned beyond comprehension or their raiding experience is isolated to WF trials and perhaps Destiny 2 or some similar "raids" and have never set foot in actual raid games.

I've only done a single Destiny 2 raid (a friend got me into the game, but I ended up dropping it due to an extreme falling out with one of the other group members). However, that one raid was very much an actual raid. Several trials, ranging from world exploration, to puzzle rooms, and of course multiple boss encounters. All requiring coordinated teamwork and constant communication, and often requiring the group to split into smaller sub-groups to handle different separated tasks.

That was only one of the raids that expansion, too. I dunno what's happened in Destiny 2 since, other than the doom and gloom posts I see everywhere because nobody can shut the frell up about it. But when I played, it had legitimate raid content.

Edited by Hexerin

I don't really get all the hate for this boss. It's a secret boss that rewards a cosmetic trophy for beating it. It's not baring any sort of progression or offering any substantial reward that affects gameplay. Can't do it? Then don't. Spend your time trying to get stronger. Cus chances are there are probably a number of ways you could be doing that. It doesn't need to be easy cus it doesn't need to be fought at all. The only reason most people know it even exists is cus other people spread the information around obscenely fast.
(Not addressed at op. Just people complaining about the boss)

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I've only done a single Destiny 2 raid (a friend got me into the game, but I ended up dropping it due to an extreme falling out with one of the other group members). However, that one raid was very much an actual raid. Several trials, ranging from world exploration, to puzzle rooms, and of course multiple boss encounters. All requiring coordinated teamwork and constant communication, and often requiring the group to split into smaller sub-groups to handle different separated tasks.

That was only one of the raids that expansion, too. I dunno what's happened in Destiny 2 since, other than the doom and gloom posts I see everywhere because nobody can shut the frell up about it. But when I played, it had legitimate raid content.

The problem with the Destiny 2 "raids" and WF trials is that they dont work like real raids aside from having a bunch of people doing things together. All the mechanics are arbitrary since in the end it comes down to everyone fending for themselves. As opposed to raids in MMORPGs where each member of the group is extremely important and the raid tends to engage each player with heavy focus on the boss encounters. WF and Destiny "raids" could have just aswell been solo content or small group "dungeons". I mean splitting off and doing things isnt really a raid mechanic, since that is present in practically all types of co-op forced content in games, from smaller dungeons to raids. Heck we have (or had) it in RJ, but that doesnt make RJ a raid, nor does it mean increasing the group size would make it a raid either.

It's like when I played Marvel Heroes, they added raids aswell. Eventually after alot of feedback the devs started to rework them into small group encounters that could also be done solo (well it was their plan but Disney pulled the plug on the game before those chages were released). This was because the players pointed out that all the mechanics they had added were just arbitrary in order to force a larger group, they didnt add anything to the gameplay that a raid would otherwise do. It came to light for the most part when a Loki player soloed Muspelheim and circumventing all the mechanics that otherwise forced more players. And GW2 considered raids with their vanilla class setup, but saw that it wouldnt add anything, so when they did create raids they also gave every single class a new build option that turned the classes into a more classic rpg "trinity" setup in order to be able to create worthwhile and engaging raids and raid encounters.

And in WF, the main thing that required grouping were pressure plate mechanics or as I prefer to call it, deluxe friends doors. And now when the people that say the fragmented one feels like a raid I start to wonder what part. It's 4 people running around attacking a single mob where everyone practically survives on their own. If they "coordinate" it might be ahead of entering to get some specific group setup to make it more efficient, but that isnt anything raid related, that is just generic premade grouping. The Fragmented One doesnt even feel like a co-op dungeon boss, since it is still everyone fending for themselves, with no real healing, tanking or dedicated dps we need to rely on coming together as one.

The word raid has sadly become extremely watered down due to developers throwing around the term for practically anything that requires slightly more players than the baseline group cap. And most often those devs dont actually make raids with proper mechanics, just content with a higher group cap.

I tried it solo once with Saryn using a melee Innodem combo/heavy hybrid build. Got it to the second phase and died. Didn't know there were no revives. It seems doable, though. Don't like the collecting eyes part, feels like a time wasting chore. Reminds me of having to run across the map over and over just to get deacon veils in Archon missions.

As for the boss itself, it seems okay but having ability nullification on all of its attacks is cancer.

Good luck to the Inaros and Nidus mains!

UPDATE: I BEAT IT

Spoiler

9bXIZq1.png

Edited by AGGREBEE
I BEAT IT SECOND TRY
  • Like 2

On 2023-12-18 at 6:32 AM, Kaotyke said:

Oberon Smite (which is Subsume-able) DESTROYS the Eximuses.

Hmm. I have a Wisp Prime with smite that I use quite often since smite produces radiation. It's not exactly room-clearing any SP. My weapons are more effective. But for the occasional entertainment it is worth the cast. Doesn't seem to scale.

This fight was a lot of fun. Got wrecked on our first run but it was mainly that we had to adjust our loadouts and also make full use of the full range of movements we have in the game and that includes operator mode/void slings. Some of the one hit KOs were rough but the overall chaos was fun. Air time, dealing with mobs, and also taking moments to see what the boss is doing will make it easier to beat (boss will still be a good challenge despite these things).

EDIT: CC abilities for mobs e.g. Qorvex's kit can provide a lot of help to the squad as well. 

Edited by Almxce

Just now, TARINunit9 said:

Strange, because my team and I were able to use archguns and ammo pizzas no problem

You can prep Specters and summonables before summoning the Fragmented Tide/One. DE foresaw this and tune them to deal virtually no damage to the Fragmented One, in case you expect Syndicate Crewmembers to cheese the fight.

Restores of any kind are still usable

Few more helpful tips I should've mentioned:

• Which Tile the fight takes place

The tile you fight the Fragmented One helps a lot; Bird 3's "Fragmented Gorge" is the most desirable tile to fight the Fragmented One.

• Anchorite Murmur Laser

This attack involves Murmur Eye(s) tracking players with a laser, before turning red and firing a powerful Void laser. Turns out, if you direct the laser into the Fragmented Anchorite/One, it will damage and stun it. The Void Orbs that connect the Fragments as seen periodically while it attacks or was left stunned after the latter attack is the primary weakspot,

• Voidrig's Necraweb

Necraweb (1), or crudely "Nova in a can" can still slow the Fragmented One. Still a colossal risk as Necramechs are more vulnerable than your frames. 

Other people already mentioned excessive usage of Shield-Gating/Overguard. Perfectly fine, but people should be aware about how DE balanced the fight in relation to our power level. Without nullification, Mesmer Skin renders anything null and void. Still, it's understandable that offensive abilities should still target and function against the Fragmented Trio/One, albeit in a limited manner.

The Fragmented (Trio)/One's attacks are telegraphed fairly well, but it's fair to say how easy it is to lose it in midst of the chaos. Better visual feedback is still appreciated. 

• Like 1