Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Manus Sumdali (Steel Path Bonus Fragmented One Reward)

Duality52

For context, Pablo teased a new cosmetic for the Landing Craft. A player on Reddit made the discovery public  For the steps and tips of unlocking for those interested:

• Steel Path Assassination (Standard or Bounty)

For the time being, I suggest starting a Steel Path run of the mission either from the Orbiter or the loading console.

• Obtain 60 Murmur Eyes

You first need to pick up the standard 30 Eyes. Shortly after, pick up other Atropos Probes will mark valid Vitreum. Proceed to pick up the additional 30 Eyes.

• The Fight

It's brutal, focusing on endurance. The Fragmented One while it sits at Level 300, it gains immerse damage and health scaling that even Incarnon Genesis Forms does tickle damage. You will see a lot of Murmur Eximi polluting the arena, adding to the chaos.

In general preparation, mod a weapon focused on damaging the Fragmented One. Radiation damage mainly, and disregard Cold/Viral procs as it's immune to those.

For frames:

• Protea - Dispensary is needed to alleviate ammo and energy
  • Trinity - On emergency Blessing if needed
  • Harrow - Covenant

Consider adding Silence to a frame to lessen the chaos from Eximus abilities.

Changes for the bonus fight includes:

• Most attacks from the Fragmented One will inflict a Magnetic Proc and straight-up nullification. Mesmer Skin/Shield will not help you.
  • Cascadation Stacks will be added as the fight prolongs. Said debuff lowers your Bleedout Timer to almost down to 3 seconds if stacked too much. Last Grasp expires upon use effectively. The debuffs makes the Fragmented One more aggressive and faster.
  • Much more Murmur Eximi populating the field.
  • No summonable Gear.

Straight tanking won't work due to the significant burst damage and nullification from the Fragmented One. In general, keep good air time to avoid most of the Fragmented One's attacks, and stay away from it. Marking it will help keep track of it. Like Eidolons, their attacks are telegraphed well, but lost in midst of the chaos from the other Murmur. Stay close to other players in case they go down, and remember to use your Operator/Drifter to revive safely.

The Manus Sumdali is an item drop, so players that used up all their Revives while staying dead that entire time won't be able to pick it up. If you're the Host that happened to die, please don't force a Host Migration onto those players.

To top it off, it's chaotic, but well suited for what the original goal of obtaining Ephemeras was. Such a juicy secret that makes the Fragmented One more chaotic and worthy of a boss in a game like Warframe.

EDIT: Pablo's response to the aforementioned Reddit post acknowledges how one of their staff defeated the bonus fight as Yareli.

Edited by Duality52
  • Like 10

a couple addendums to strategy is that the only attack the nullifies abilities is the telegraphed laser blast, and that incarnon or infinite ammo weapons are pretty much mandatory because of the vast amounts of health the boss has. i did it solo as revenant with incarnon burston prime and still needed to drop an ammo restore halfway through

5 minutes ago, Anemone.Antimony said:

a couple addendums to strategy is that the only attack the nullifies abilities is the telegraphed laser blast

Not exactly. Here are the additional attacks that will Magnetic proc and nullify you:

• Any Physical attacks like its arm swings up close and its body slam from burrowing
  • Void Ground Fissures - the Fragmented One will split itself into a tower, channeling Void energy into the ground
  • Void Implosion - Channels a barrier with two orbiting rings around it. Coming in contact with the rings and getting hit by the implosion at the end will nullify you.

1 hour ago, Duality52 said:

Not exactly. Here are the additional attacks that will Magnetic proc and nullify you:

• Any Physical attacks like its arm swings up close and its body slam from burrowing
  • Void Ground Fissures - the Fragmented One will split itself into a tower, channeling Void energy into the ground
  • Void Implosion - Channels a barrier with two orbiting rings around it. Coming in contact with the rings and getting hit by the implosion at the end will nullify you.

Shouldn't Arcane Nullifier and Rolling Guard be enough to fight this? Arcane will prevent energy loss and even if you get nullified, you can roll and rebuff in your invincibility window.

EDIT: Just tried it and it works really well. The Arcane won't prevent your abilities from being turned off and blocked but at least you don't lose energy. Rolling Guard plus shield gating give you a nice safety net.

Still, I nearly died several times, it's absolute chaos, and I can't imagine how harder this must be with randoms rather than solo.

Edited by (PSN)Sentiel
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

didn't notice. i was jumping circles around the boss like an idiot the whole fight, so i can only assume that's also a good strategy for preventing damage

9 minutes ago, ChozenBardoUmbra said:

"Straight tanking won't work due to the significant burst damage and nullification from the Fragmented One."

That's weird, my first SP assassination I basically hugged it with Hildryn and melee'd it to death, full squad.

did you collect 60 eyes instead of the normal 30? the 30 eye fight is a cake walk. the 60 is going to be impossible for 99% of players.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, IggySnow said:

did you collect 60 eyes instead of the normal 30? the 30 eye fight is a cake walk. the 60 is going to be impossible for 99% of players.

I did receive the sumdali, but I was loaded into that mission at the point of the boss fight, not at the start, so not sure. He was still tanky af, I just dont think he did that much damage honestly, also did the mission with Saryn and didnt die once.

Soloe him at 30 eyes, was a good workout. 

Tried 60 eyes.. Felt like i was playing Dark Souls lol, that boi strong. I'll probably give it a go another time, but something tells me once everyone discovers it, they'll want it nerfed ( it should stay as it is IMO, closest thing to a raid boss we have right now).

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Tenzarin said:

Completed it, will never go back to do it again. It's a bad fight, S#&$ty laser light show like eidolons. I fearfully hope that the future of warframe "difficulty" is not that fight. 

Not only do I not see it as a bad fight, it was one honestly so far the best time I had in a boss fight. My only wish is stuff like that to stay as this is. As in having you go out your way for such an experience. As long as your good on your movement you should be able to go under or over the lasers with your frame, we are very mobile it is just you almost never need it during fight but now you do. 

• Like 8

I enjoyed it a lot! I'm mainly glad it's a secret fight with just a bragging rights badge. Keeps it out of the grind meta and the content farm.

Leaving a tip, if you are challenging it with Protea, Blaze Artillery can't target the boss, but if there's an enemy behind it (which there probably is in phase 2), the shots will still harm it!

• Like 6

If you want an easy fight, use Styanax with Nourish subsumed. All you need to do is press 4 and aim in the general direction. You have infinite energy and you'll keep gaining overguard so you can facetank quite a bit. When overguard breaks, roll away  until you aren't nullified then resume. I'm curious to see if anyone's found a faster or easier way!

• Like 5

did it solo with Yareli yesterday with Laetum

timed activating Merulina with one of its attacks and Merulina managed to get ~200k HP lmao (it still destroyed Merulina in one hit, no, Merulina was not dispelled, but destroyed)

good fight.

- clear attacks that must be avoided,

- big HP, 

- very engaging.

• Like 3

Citrine with subsumed Nourish and Strun Prime incarnon. Hopped into the node after seeing the post about it earlier today, and the randoms in the squad were all happy to give it a go when I asked.

Well...

Cut to 10 minutes later and I'm the only one left alive, scrambling desperately to keep my buffs going while spraying Strun blasts at this gargantuan void monster.

Finished the mission with about 85% damage dealt, and the proud owner of a new sumdali. But man, that was a tough fight.

...Definitely gonna do it some more.

• Like 1

Let me predict the future:

There will be 2 kinds of people.

1. "OMG, that S#&$ is so annoying, nerf, nerf, nerf. I am MR5 and cannot do, nerf please!" or "Of course I did it, solo on top of it, it was easy, but I still don't like that fight, so nerf pretty please?"

2. "Hmm... let me copy that build, pick the same Warframe as the youtuber dude, hmm... need more forma for my weapon, because the fight needs element XYZ as I can read here on the forums." after boss goes down "Let me hurry to the forums and tell everyone how easy that fight is and Warframe needs more difficulty".

Either way, this fight was amazing, I liked that it was a secret, gave me Destiny-WhisperOfTheWorm vibes. We went in blind, it was pretty hectic, I did not have nullify, but I had Protea who was able to keep everyone going with shields and energy. The expansion gets better and better every hour.

• Like 1

yay, a bulletsponge that one shots you, my favorite.

I find the attack where the boss just flings rocks at you really hard to read for some reason. Giant beams? Massive ground slams? Yeah, no problem. But a handful of stones is my nemesis.

Update: took me 3 tries with pubs, but we did it. Got downed only once during the 3rd try. This fight is definitely something new for this game, but it's slightly overtuned imo. Good boss, would not do it again.

Edited by CoffeeElemental
  • Like 2

I had to take Wisp for the HP buff. I don't know if it was just me but I started taking passive damage from the fight towards the end of it, maybe too many Cascadation stacks.
If you have trouble dodging the laser spin attack (The attack that more or less rips everyone) Rolling Guard last just long enough that you can roll during the 1st laser and just ignore the rest of it.

I also played long range with a slash/fire status phenmor, probably doesn't help that much but in most runs with it I managed top damage in the public group. At one point the boss had 1000 fire stacks but it just tickles it anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wodanclay said:

I had to take Wisp for the HP buff. I don't know if it was just me but I started taking passive damage from the fight towards the end of it, maybe too many Cascadation stacks.
If you have trouble dodging the laser spin attack (The attack that more or less rips everyone) Rolling Guard last just long enough that you can roll during the 1st laser and just ignore the rest of it.

I also played long range with a slash/fire status phenmor, probably doesn't help that much but in most runs with it I managed top damage in the public group. At one point the boss had 1000 fire stacks but it just tickles it anyway.

just adding on, you can also just get airborne (bullet jump into the air and aim glide/zephyr shenanigans/etc) to avoid the sweeping attack. seems like the play imo

Just barely managed to beat it on my third try. Solo, because I wanted to prove a point to myself I guess. Mind you I'm not a power gamer; I play this game very casually and don't care much for minmaxing and whatnot, so my resources are somewhat limited. Safe to say, this was the hardest and most nerve-wracking thing I've done in this game. I did it with Protea and an Incarnon Lex Prime. Maybe not the best choice but it worked? In hindsight I really should have brought some knockdown immunity because being 2 hits away from death at all times was not good for my heart with the amount of staggers and knockdowns in this fight.

I think the ability nullifying attacks are a good idea for tackling difficulty. The overwhelming damage, less so. Not to yell "nerf!" but I think that the amount of health is too much for a boss that's locked behind a good 10-15(?) minutes of mission objectives for every attempt. Maybe introduce some sort of checkpoint to let you use your revives but resetting the boss fight to where you have to summon it again? Also, I think phase 1 should have at least a few basic(non-eximus) mooks spawning so you have some source of health/ammo and targets for abilities to function.

Wow, my first forum post since... 2016?!

31 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

just adding on, you can also just get airborne (bullet jump into the air and aim glide/zephyr shenanigans/etc) to avoid the sweeping attack. seems like the play imo

Or, depending on the arena, just outspace it. The beams only seem to reach ~10 meters or so. But bullet jump + aim glide is definitely the way to go.

• Like 4

I was kinda let down by this fight to be honest.

I went in with my friend and the boss just went down in 30 seconds....and we basically went in blind.

I went in with an assimilate Nyx because "Hey all I heard is he can hit hard, can't hurt invulnerable." and then found out he can nullify powers....and because of how much damage those beams apparently do when my assimilate popped from multiple wall lasers hitting me it just died from basically full HP to zero instantly.

My friend was playing a high strength wisp for the heals and other buffs from the reservoir....and they just weren't needed at all.

It just took hugging him with a Nyx and then basically playing an uno reverse card to kill it....at least I have a cool ship decoration.

• Like 1