Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save account can’t trade?

Lordpump

Question

17 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, Lordpump said:

So I was able to merge my founder account with my PS5 one. Now it says I can only trade with other cross save accounts? Was this always going to be the case? So I screwed myself lol

So if I read this correctly, I cannot trade with you now because I'm a standalone PC account, I think DE's got some sorting to do if that is truly the case.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Sierra said:

Yikes... Definitely gonna sit out migrating till the last possible moment if that's the case.

the point is to have everyone be cross-save very soon, so it'll only affect people during the rollout.

12 minutes ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

I really hope they make cross save available for all of us by next week. 

considering how broken it apparently is, i doubt it. allegedly some founders have had massive issues with it which is why the rest of the rollout is delayed until at least monday since they dont want to continue it without being at work and ready to fix issues related to it. 

11 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

considering how broken it apparently is, i doubt it. allegedly some founders have had massive issues with it which is why the rest of the rollout is delayed until at least monday since they dont want to continue it without being at work and ready to fix issues related to it. 

Several founders were able to merge their accounts and they all said the process was perfectly seamless the only issue was that some of them reported they got kicked from their Clans while others did not get kicked. So I hope DE manages to fix that before the holidays. If not then we all have to wait till 2024 :( 

Edited by (NSW)NeonNebula
spelling

the Cross Platform Save Rollout Thread says this

"

Trading Variables:

If Cross Platform Play is enabled & Cross Platform Save is enabled…

• Trade with all Cross Platform Save players.

If Cross Platform Play is enabled & Cross Platform Save is disabled…

• PC: trade with PC and Cross Platform Save enabled players
  • Non-PC Platforms: trade with Cross Platform Save disabled players on your platform

If Cross Platform Play is disabled & Cross Platform Save is enabled…

• PC: trade with any PC players
  • Non-PC Platforms: trade with Cross Platform Save enabled players on your platform

If Cross Platform Play is disabled & Cross Platform Save is disabled…

• PC: trade with any PC players
  • Non-PC Platforms: trade with players on your platform who also have Cross Platform Save disabled"

12 hours ago, trst said:

Doesn't sound like much of a problem since every account will be a cross save one once the process is finished. So long as DE doesn't hit too many roadblocks and keep delaying the rollout.

Not sure if i’m misunderstanding your post, but explain how every account will be a cross save account if that account didn’t activate cross save.

1 hour ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Not sure if i’m misunderstanding your post, but explain how every account will be a cross save account if that account didn’t activate cross save.

Because once an account is selected and goes through the process it'll be a cross save account. Even if you have no account on other platforms you'd still have to select the one you have as the "main" for account linking.

Thus after every account has gone through the process every account in the game will be a cross save one since all accounts can access every platform. So OP's problem here is a temporary one.

7 minutes ago, trst said:

Because once an account is selected and goes through the process it'll be a cross save account. Even if you have no account on other platforms you'd still have to select the one you have as the "main" for account linking.

Thus after every account has gone through the process every account in the game will be a cross save one since all accounts can access every platform. So OP's problem here is a temporary one.

So everyone is forced to merge even when there is nothing to merge? Sorry for sounding slow just I hadn’t really looked at the notes for cross save because i have nothing to merge.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr

17 hours ago, Lordpump said:

So I was able to merge my founder account with my PS5 one. Now it says I can only trade with other cross save accounts? Was this always going to be the case? So I screwed myself lol

I know this is sorta unrelated, but any chance you had rivens on both accounts? and if so could you please share how that was handled with me?

On 2023-12-15 at 11:17 PM, Lordpump said:

as a founder who got the merge your account is currently in state of limbo till DE fixes issues found in the short while of the rolling out cross save.
Till DE fixes the issue with cross save your trading is gonna be limited, unless DE does something to delink the two accounts or something to allow you to restore your ability to trade with others of non cross save.

On 2023-12-15 at 11:17 PM, Lordpump said:

Based on the above from Marvin, can you turn off Cross Platform Save now and trade?