The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With Gauss Prime on the way, I think it'd be cool if we could drift and launch ourselves while using Mach Rush

falconwarrior

After Gauss's deluxe skin came out I've found myself playing way way way more of him, and in doing so, I've discovered how fun his whole kit is, Mach Rush especially.

However, it seems to suffer from a rather... annoying issue. If you're trying to make a sharp turn, or need to leap over something, you uh... kinda cant.

Making a sharp turn is near impossible unless you start to bend way earlier on and this is especially evident in the new tile set. And lord help you if you have to jump over a larger gap. SO! How could this be fixed or resolved without ruining the whole feel? Well, Gauss is the speedy racing boi so I propose the following.

While using Mach Rush, sliding allows you to drift, allowing you to make sharper turns much easier. Additionally, sliding for a short period of time could build up a small charge that would allow you to bullet jump with SUBSTANTIALLY more velocity to make those larger jumps.

I noticed that Volt suffers from a similar fate where when using Speed, bullet jump just gets rid of any momentum you had and it feels really bad/disjointed.

So in closing, I think it'd be really sick if before Gauss Prime comes out, we could see a small, arguably QoL adjustment made to Gauss that allows you to drift and bullet jump a little easier to add more utility to his 1, Mach rush.

And also if maybe Volt's speed could... not, nuke your momentum, that'd be cool too lol.

• Like 1

all the speed frames have some downside when it comes to Cornering, in that Nezha slides, Gauss straight up can't, and Volt sort of can but most people aren't able to make tight turns or double back under Speed on most tilesets without either flying off a cliff or getting stuck lol. 

at least he has that base sprint speed increase... man, January is gonna be a GOOD month for speed freaks!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

all the speed frames have some downside when it comes to Cornering, in that Nezha slides, Gauss straight up can't, and Volt sort of can but most people aren't able to make tight turns or double back under Speed on most tilesets without either flying off a cliff or getting stuck lol. 

at least he has that base sprint speed increase... man, January is gonna be a GOOD month for speed freaks!

This is why i really feel like tbh alot of the high speed/speed themed frames, or their abilities at least, should be able to drift or something. It'd be such a great QoL improvement cause it feels so incredibly bad to be going mach 10 only to abruptly stop because you smash into a wall trying to turn, or have all of your momentum suddenly evaporate like it never existed in the first place all because you have to bullet jump.

16 hours ago, jlyfisher said:

I think in general we need not just a touch on the frames, but how speed is handled in general. For me it's most noticeable on Nezha. If you build up too much speed and happen to slide you're stuck there until the momentum wears off.

Yeah the "Ice Skates bug" as I call it can be super annoying. It happens when I'm using Nova all the time.

4 hours ago, Rantear said:

You just gave me a mental image of pressing crouch to slide during mach-rush to drastically change direction without interrupting the ability.

DE, MAKE HIM DO IT.

Hide contents

I don't even play Gauss, but that's just soo cool.

IKR!? Like, i just see him sliding and grabbing the ground or something to make a super sharp turn, or like while you slide you see energy building up and you can launch yourself with a super bullet jump.

Really anything to preserve the speed and momentum would help a TON

• 5 weeks later...
On 2023-12-17 at 11:47 PM, falconwarrior said:

After Gauss's deluxe skin came out I've found myself playing way way way more of him, and in doing so, I've discovered how fun his whole kit is, Mach Rush especially.

However, it seems to suffer from a rather... annoying issue. If you're trying to make a sharp turn, or need to leap over something, you uh... kinda cant.

Making a sharp turn is near impossible unless you start to bend way earlier on and this is especially evident in the new tile set. And lord help you if you have to jump over a larger gap. SO! How could this be fixed or resolved without ruining the whole feel? Well, Gauss is the speedy racing boi so I propose the following.

While using Mach Rush, sliding allows you to drift, allowing you to make sharper turns much easier. Additionally, sliding for a short period of time could build up a small charge that would allow you to bullet jump with SUBSTANTIALLY more velocity to make those larger jumps.

I noticed that Volt suffers from a similar fate where when using Speed, bullet jump just gets rid of any momentum you had and it feels really bad/disjointed.

So in closing, I think it'd be really sick if before Gauss Prime comes out, we could see a small, arguably QoL adjustment made to Gauss that allows you to drift and bullet jump a little easier to add more utility to his 1, Mach rush.

And also if maybe Volt's speed could... not, nuke your momentum, that'd be cool too lol.

People have been requesting some kind drifting mechanic for Gauss for ages, a lot of the threads have been archived. +1 for your request though, using ctrl to slide round corners while being able to maintain mach rush would be sick, might also open up some interesting mechanics using slide if it's an augment...also Gausses linking up to race in open world could be a lot of fun

So fun fact, its not exactly the same but you can kinda do this with helminth. Both Reave and Firewalker let you turn normal speeds for a short second, allowing to change direction around curves and such. Reave is especially fun as it can have its duration modded