Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

12/18/23 Cross Platform Save: Founders Rollout Live

5 minutes ago, Koberhofer said:

so with 2fa screwing me out of siging into the game on pc (cant access that email anymore) im still locked into playing on ps?

I see you're signed into your apparently founders account by your glyph and no console platform next to your name... So you can sign into the sites without 2fa but not the game? Is there any way to just change your 2fa email while your signed in here?

6 hours ago, (XBOX)TheMadCash said:

What do you mean can't even play? Im not seeing what the problem is

Make Xbox your main & then linking your pc account to your account is all you have to do. but you have to wait for you the get the cross save prompt 

In my case I have not had the switch version of the game updated in over a year because I quite literally cannot stand playing on the nintendo switch anymore. The operation is not enough to make me reinstall it on switch and log in. Not even Duviri Paradox makes me want to sit through another nsw load screen. I will be waiting to merge my account with my 10 year old steam pc account, but I will be quite annoyed if I miss the operation.

Just now, Syntactycal82 said:

I see you're signed into your apparently founders account by your glyph and no console platform next to your name... So you can sign into the sites without 2fa but not the game? Is there any way to just change your 2fa email while your signed in here?

it sends a verification code to the email that i cant access, so it crews me out of that, tried recovering the email at the start of covid and google was less than helpful and im still waiting on reply from them

4 hours ago, CosmicChaotix said:

My advice based on my own experience with the older Xbox One S is to get an NVMe M.2 SSD and a compatible USB enclosure for it to use as external storage. The mechanical HDD is a considerable bottleneck. No matter whether I had the game installed to the internal HDD (5400rpm) or an external HDD (7200rpm) whenever Warframe cannot access data fast enough it either disconnects from the host (typical loading screen experience) or outright crashes to the Xbox home screen, and it was doing both so frequently it had become a terrible experience on Xbox One for the last few years. But that's all changed since having moved the game to an external SSD. The game can still crash of course but it no longer does it multiple times a session, or even per hour!

I can't find my notes I made when I did some quick tests across Void missions and the "airlocks" of the social space to open world zones but a number I do distinctly remember: Void Capture was frequently a 21 second load on HDD and very consistently 7 seconds on the external SSD.

Yeah, I dont know about doing all that tbh.  I have a really good computer that will blow the floor with xbox anyways.... I'm just waiting for cross save to go to pc.   Also, I dont have the S, i got the original.   It's 10 years old almost, idk if it could support that... it's just time for an upgrade.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (PSN)Mortedis said:

So I'm not saying I want Excalibur prime on console. But because I did the migration before to console and played with friends there most of my time, if I am to activate cross save now with my ps account as primary I lose my founder items on PC. What the frick is that? Why am I being punished for using a service u offered me. I would go from Mastery L1 to 16 and loose years of inventory and progress to keep my founder gear. What is with this arbitrary limitation. I mean it's still the same account. Says founder on my ps account in accolades. Someone explain.

This is one of those times when reading before doing anything would have been educational. Founders stuff is lock to PC, just as platform specific skins are locked to their respective platforms. Its all in the Cross Save FAQ.

23 minutes ago, (XBOX)Sedit This said:

This is one of those times when reading before doing anything would have been educational. Founders stuff is lock to PC, just as platform specific skins are locked to their respective platforms. Its all in the Cross Save FAQ.

This is one of those times when reading before writing a comment would be educational. They specifically said that's not what they're interested in. Literally the first line.

Many of us merged to consoles a decade ago, we didn't know what negatives it would cause back then we just knew we were playing on toasters.

Due to that merge we are ineligible for an account merge now and can only link accounts. If we overrwite our pc account we have no idea if we'll lose our founder items or if they're just sort of invisible to us on PS because the language of the guide is not clear.

Nobody is asking about using founders gear on PS which is a different discussion entirely. We just don't want our founders gear to be nuked on pc because of a decision we made a decade ago.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, (PSN)Hoob95 said:

It'd be cool if they released a video guide on how to set this up. That way everything is crystal clear and no one gets screwed out of years of progress. The FAQ while thorough still feels too easy to misread for my liking. 

From what I’ve read from the players who already did the merge/link said the process is smooth and simple. Like the onscreen instructions were easy to understand and it asks you to confirm several times before proceeding. You think it’s complicated because you haven’t tried it yet. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MK1Jason said:

I have 2 PS accounts both round MR 20 and what I’ve decided to use as my main account, a PC MR22 account, can I merge both PS accounts? 

I believe you can merge one of the PS accounts with the PC and then link the other PS account to the new one... I think? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, (PSN)Mortedis said:

So I'm not saying I want Excalibur prime on console. But because I did the migration before to console and played with friends there most of my time, if I am to activate cross save now with my ps account as primary I lose my founder items on PC. What the frick is that? Why am I being punished for using a service u offered me. I would go from Mastery L1 to 16 and loose years of inventory and progress to keep my founder gear. What is with this arbitrary limitation. I mean it's still the same account. Says founder on my ps account in accolades. Someone explain.

Yeah I don't get this. Feels like punishing people for something they could have done 8 years ago without knowing how it would impact them today.

2 hours ago, (PSN)TheRealKryho said:

I'm looking at this forum every hour, It's been years.. long years waiting for Cross-save and now it's officialy coming, I'm impatient !

I feel you! I've been checking every hour pretty much since Friday! I'm glad DE is taking their time to get things right and not mess up anyone's accounts but man is it hard to wait when I'm so excited! 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, snapcracklepop said:

This is one of those times when reading before writing a comment would be educational. They specifically said that's not what they're interested in. Literally the first line.

Many of us merged to consoles a decade ago, we didn't know what negatives it would cause back then we just knew we were playing on toasters.

Due to that merge we are ineligible for an account merge now and can only link accounts. If we overrwite our pc account we have no idea if we'll lose our founder items or if they're just sort of invisible to us on PS because the language of the guide is not clear.

Nobody is asking about using founders gear on PS which is a different discussion entirely. We just don't want our founders gear to be nuked on pc because of a decision we made a decade ago.

Warframe: Cross Platform Progression Guide

WHAT IS ACCOUNT LINKING?

Linking will allow you to select one Warframe account as your Primary Account. You may use the progress and purchases of that Warframe account back and forth across multiple different platforms.

For example, a player may mark their PC account as the Primary Account and Link it to their PlayStation account. The PC progress will permanently override the existing PlayStation account, resulting in a Warframe Cross Platform Save account that can be used on both PC and PlayStation.

NOTE THAT ACCOUNT LINKING IS PERMANENT. Once a unified Warframe Cross Platform Save Account is created, you will no longer be able to access any Linked accounts’ progress or Inventory aside from those of the Primary Account.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SleepyCorgi said:

are you a founder?

They are not. a 2020 PC account could not be a founder.

Cross-save features are rolling out to some non-founder users as well, whether this is in error or intentional as the cross-save rollout is expanded, there's nothing barring them from using it.

18 hours ago, (NSW)DracoHouston said:

In my case I have not had the switch version of the game updated in over a year because I quite literally cannot stand playing on the nintendo switch anymore. The operation is not enough to make me reinstall it on switch and log in. Not even Duviri Paradox makes me want to sit through another nsw load screen. I will be waiting to merge my account with my 10 year old steam pc account, but I will be quite annoyed if I miss the operation.

I doubt you’ll miss the operation. It still has like 20+ days left on it. If they continue to roll out the cross save at this current pace. You’re looking at having the prompt sometime this week. Or latest by next Monday

10 hours ago, malitopr said:

I believe you can merge one of the PS accounts with the PC and then link the other PS account to the new one... I think? 

There’s no option to link another PS account sadly… I completed a merge this morning.