The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I can no longer trade with 90% of players?

DZtheCasual

So now that I have enabled cross-save and merged my accounts. I cant trade with players or friends who only play 1 platform and/or don't have cross save abailable? I also cant use warframe.market even if I am on the same platform as them unless the person I trade with happens to have cross save enabled? How am I supposed to dumb my vaulted relics on my friends now since they care for them more than I do

• Like 4

yes, the main forum post states exactly that.

Trading Variables:

If Cross Platform Play is enabled & Cross Platform Save is enabled…

• Trade with all Cross Platform Save players.

If Cross Platform Play is enabled & Cross Platform Save is disabled…

• PC: trade with PC and Cross Platform Save enabled players
  • Non-PC Platforms: trade with Cross Platform Save disabled players on your platform

If Cross Platform Play is disabled & Cross Platform Save is enabled…

• PC: trade with any PC players
  • Non-PC Platforms: trade with Cross Platform Save enabled players on your platform

If Cross Platform Play is disabled & Cross Platform Save is disabled…

• PC: trade with any PC players
  • Non-PC Platforms: trade with players on your platform who also have Cross Platform Save disabled

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

Ugh. Confusion. Is this gonna be one of those things where we don't find out we can't trade with each other until we're both sitting at post in the dojo? 😂

Nah, cross-save peeps have their own icon next to their name just like the specific platform accounts, but yeah, you'll probably need to start checking for that, pre-trade. 

• Like 1

On 2023-12-19 at 4:33 PM, Face_Rollington said:

Nah, cross-save peeps have their own icon next to their name just like the specific platform accounts, but yeah, you'll probably need to start checking for that, pre-trade. 

They do? I've only seen the PC symbol and the cyclone "alternative platform" symbol. I haven't seen a third, unique symbol yet.

• Like 2

I don't even know where the cross save option is in the menu. Mind you, I don't have other Warframe accounts, so that's perhaps the reason I don't see it.

That said, I have cross platform play turned off ever since this whole mess started because it makes the connection bad, slow, and disconnects me from the Warframe server occasionally.

Can a de tell us what we expecting are we staying like this ? Cant trade with none cross save people ? Its like from a box to another smaller box please response ty

Ps: as an xbox user linkedmy pc account i can trade with pc players that has cross save disabled

Edited by (XBOX)Osama amoudi
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Osama amoudi said:

Can a de tell us what we expecting are we staying like this ? Cant trade with none cross save people ? Its like from a box to another smaller box please response ty

Ps: as an xbox user linkedmy pc account i can trade with pc players that has cross save disabled

That's because DE tricked you. Cross save didn't make your account work on other platforms. It converted your account to a PC account that other platforms access to get the info. So you no longer have an Xbox Warframe account. You have a PC Warframe account that your Xbox is accessing which is why you can't trade your PC items with xbox players. But you can trade with other pc players since it's a PC to PC trade

This is absolutely terrible and not what we wanted. Let us revert back to how our accounts were or make it so we can trade with our same platform friends irregardless of cross save status.

• Like 5

On 2023-12-20 at 9:03 PM, ENIAK_Prime said:

They do? I've only seen the PC symbol and the cyclone "alternative platform" symbol. I haven't seen a third, unique symbol yet.

I'm coming back after years of not playing, but I had assumed that the Cyclone "alternative platform" symbol was a "crossplay account" symbol. That said, what "alternative platforms" are represented by the cyclone icon?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Face_Rollington said:

I'm coming back after years of not playing, but I had assumed that the Cyclone "alternative platform" symbol was a "crossplay account" symbol. That said, what "alternative platforms" are represented by the cyclone icon?

cyclone appears if it is the platform you are not on, if you play on PC and you see a cyclone icon by someones name, it could be XBOX, PS or Switch.

If you are on XBOX and you see the cyclone Icon it could be PC,Switch or PS.

and so on

On 2023-12-31 at 8:13 PM, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

What does alternative platform mean?

On 2023-12-24 at 12:35 PM, Face_Rollington said:

That said, what "alternative platforms" are represented by the cyclone icon?

They use this weird cyclone symbol for players who are on any other platform besides PC. So like, if you're on Xbox, Playstation, or Switch... you have the other symbol next to your name instead of the windows one.

Edited by ENIAK_Prime

6 hours ago, ENIAK_Prime said:

They use this weird cyclone symbol for players who are on any other platform besides PC. So like, if you're on Xbox, Playstation, or Switch... you have the other symbol next to your name instead of the windows one.

Oh okay. Stopped playing like 3 years ago, came back when they announced a release date for cross save and I’ve noticed this cyclone symbol but didn’t know what it meant. It’s weird, why didn’t they use the symbols of each platform like other games with cross play?

On 2024-01-02 at 8:11 PM, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

Oh okay. Stopped playing like 3 years ago, came back when they announced a release date for cross save and I’ve noticed this cyclone symbol but didn’t know what it meant. It’s weird, why didn’t they use the symbols of each platform like other games with cross play?

I vaguely remember hearing something about Xbox or Playstation being pissy about their symbol being allowed to appear in the game when it's being played on not-their-console or something so Warframe was forced to make a neutral symbol.

• Like 2

I'm hoping DE is able to enable compatibility between cross save and non cross save players for trading.  I didn't realize that enabling cross save would limit my trading like it has.  I highly doubt anywhere close to 50% of accounts will enable this setting so here's hoping we aren't left SoL when it comes to trading...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jungle_Junkie said:

I'm hoping DE is able to enable compatibility between cross save and non cross save players for trading.  I didn't realize that enabling cross save would limit my trading like it has.  I highly doubt anywhere close to 50% of accounts will enable this setting so here's hoping we aren't left SoL when it comes to trading...

A lot of us feel really deceived by what cross-save did to trading. It was billed as the ability to trade with everyone. Not make the box you can trade with even smaller and disable the ability to trade with friends, clan mates and alliance members you've been with since the beginning just because they don't want cross-save even tho you've been on the same platform for years.

• Like 1

Is DE even going to acknowledge all the people upset about this? The problem is only going to get worse as more people sign up for cross-save then realize this problem too late.

Edited by crow5716
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, crow5716 said:

Is DE even going to acknowledge all the people upset about this? The problem is only going to get worse as more people sign up for cross-save then realize this problem too late.

They’ve seen this post and the others. They have thousands of views. They either have nothing good to say about it, or they’re ignoring us. Either way it’s unacceptable.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MinimumWageMage said:

They’ve seen this post and the others. They have thousands of views. They either have nothing good to say about it, or they’re ignoring us. Either way it’s unacceptable.

Since there is no way to fix this issue, I think they are just going to ignore everyone on this issue.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, crow5716 said:

Since there is no way to fix this issue, I think they are just going to ignore everyone on this issue.

What’s even worse is that people in this situation have probably played more than double a single account user. So this policy ends up punishing those who played more.

• Like 1