Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

Limiting Cross-Trade is a HUGE mistake! Can't trade with same platform!

I'm curious for you Switch people out there, how is that trading working for you, if you had to use Switch as your 'main' account but sign into the game on another platform? What happens to your plat for example if you're logged into PC and NSW is the main account? Does it just have a different plat pool when you're on PC, or is trading entirely blocked to only Switch people even if you're not actively on Switch? Sadly Nintendo's backwards systems are such a weird thing on the account end, it's bizarre how long it's taken them to get more modernized.

I do hope they smooth out the rough edges of this in the future though. Tbh once they get this stabilized it'd probably be in their best interest to start creating a cross save enabled account out the gate for every new player to avoid causing headaches down the road (a nice thing that Soulframe should luckily have cleaned up by it's launch time, good for them)

I do hope trading doesn't get to be too much of a headache though I haven't done too much lately but Warframe Market's usage is probably a bit more confusing atm I imagine. At least once the mobile version of the game comes out, maybe it'll spark more interest in actually creating a cross save setup for more people that are normally only on console as well.

• Like 1

Kind of wish I would have noticed this foible before I converted to cross save, but I guess I'll just have to spend a day or so on the PC version trading (though an impossibly fast scrolling trade chat) if I want more potato/slot plat. Thankfully the only plat I had left on Switch was 3 random plat that I don't even know where it came from, but I do hope things get better for everyone else.

It's rather nuts though, going from the Switch only trade chat which had maybe 5-6 people posting in it to the absolute TORRENTIAL TIDE of the cross platform trade chat.

• Like 1

This is going to be a persistent issue for switch as even if they enable Cross save, while paying on switch, the majority of people in trade chat won't be able to buy or sell things with plat unless they also have a Nintendo icon next to their name and that's going to be a nightmare to sort through when trying to buy or sell with plat.

As far as the problems with the PlayStation and Xbox the only solution I can think of is eventually doing some sort of hard force push that will auto convert the remaining accounts to cross-save aka PC accounts. Or unfortunately putting in a check/wall at the splash screen of the game that prevents logins unless a cross-save account is used.

Something needs to happen to unify the community again. There is too much new segregation now whether it's intentional or self-causing by intentionally not signing up for cross-save.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Drex83 said:

I'm curious for you Switch people out there, how is that trading working for you, if you had to use Switch as your 'main' account but sign into the game on another platform? What happens to your plat for example if you're logged into PC and NSW is the main account? Does it just have a different plat pool when you're on PC, or is trading entirely blocked to only Switch people even if you're not actively on Switch? Sadly Nintendo's backwards systems are such a weird thing on the account end, it's bizarre how long it's taken them to get more modernized.

I do hope they smooth out the rough edges of this in the future though. Tbh once they get this stabilized it'd probably be in their best interest to start creating a cross save enabled account out the gate for every new player to avoid causing headaches down the road (a nice thing that Soulframe should luckily have cleaned up by it's launch time, good for them)

I do hope trading doesn't get to be too much of a headache though I haven't done too much lately but Warframe Market's usage is probably a bit more confusing atm I imagine. At least once the mobile version of the game comes out, maybe it'll spark more interest in actually creating a cross save setup for more people that are normally only on console as well.

I have a NSW account as a primary but did the merge to get my PSN stuff. Since then trading is a NIGHTMARE. I didn't know about the platinum restriction until after I linked my accounts and now I can't find other switch players to trade with. If I turn off cross play save I'm in a trade chat by myself. If id have known I'd pretty much not be able to trade again I would have not linked. Idk about being on another console as I only have my switch rn, but I highly recommend not merging accounts if you play on switch if you want to trade plat like everyone else.

It would be great to be able to undo the merge/link and revert to native platform accounts, but the site says it's "irreversible". I hope they change that.

• Like 2

I HAVE MERGED MY MY XBOX ACCOUNT WITH MY PC ACCOUNT BUT I TRIED TRADING WITH SONEONE WHO HAD A CYCLONE ICON AFTER THEIR NAME THE POOR GUY NEEDED THE GAUSS FRAME WHICH I HAD BUT I COULD NOT GIVE IT TO HIM RIGHT BEFORE TRADING IT STOPPED ME AND SAID ONLY MERGED ACCOUNTS CAN TRADE DOES THIS MEAN FROM HERE ON I WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO TRADE WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE MERGED THEIR ACCOUNTS ? AND NOT BE ABLE TO TRADE WITH ANY NORMAL UNMERGED PC PLAYER?

I have merged my my xbox account with my pc account but I tried trading with soneone who had a cyclone icon after their name the poor guy needed the gauss frame which I had but I could not give it to him right before trading it stopped me and said only merged accounts can trade does this mean from here on I will only be able to trade with people who have merged their accounts ? And not be able to trade with any normal unmerged pc player?

• Like 1

Maybe turn off caps lock, but the FAQ has the answer to your question:

Trading Variables:

If Cross Platform Play is enabled & Cross Platform Save is enabled…

• Trade with all Cross Platform Save players.

If Cross Platform Play is enabled & Cross Platform Save is disabled…

• PC: trade with PC and Cross Platform Save enabled players
  • Non-PC Platforms: trade with Cross Platform Save disabled players on your platform

If Cross Platform Play is disabled & Cross Platform Save is enabled…

• PC: trade with any PC players
  • Non-PC Platforms: trade with Cross Platform Save enabled players on your platform

If Cross Platform Play is disabled & Cross Platform Save is disabled…

• Non-PC Platforms: trade with players on your platform who also have Cross Platform Save disabled

This got me too.. 

I merged my xbox and pc accounts with pc as the primary. (years of progress)

Was very happy.

I only play on xbox now.

I've gone 0-6 trading with xbox players now.  

I'm sure they will figure it out. 

If there was a way to see who has cross-save enabled it would at least be a temporary workaround... Until then:

"wtb [gear] CROSS SAVE ONLY?"

• Like 2

Le 18/01/2024 à 14:10, Drex83 a dit :

trading is awful First my plat cant be used on my pc version and I can only use it on my switch and its been four time already that i cant trade with players even tho they have everything on.

• Like 2

Can we please fix the cross trade, it's stupid that I'm on psn and can't trade with anyone on my platform, atleast let those who made the mistake of enabling cross save to revert back. 37 trades i tried to do today and wasnt able to complete a single one of those trades. at this point I don't even want to play this game, can't trade with my platform for the things I want or need for progressing mastery rank. this was huge mess up in my book, tricking people into converting to pc accounts and not a cross save account is just shady. Even bungie with all their screw ups dont flop like this, I will not be playing until this is fixed or able to be reverted

• Like 4

10 hours ago, OldN00b said:

This got me too.. 

I merged my xbox and pc accounts with pc as the primary. (years of progress)

Was very happy.

I only play on xbox now.

I've gone 0-6 trading with xbox players now.  

I'm sure they will figure it out. 

If there was a way to see who has cross-save enabled it would at least be a temporary workaround... Until then:

"wtb [gear] CROSS SAVE ONLY?"

Where are you trying to trade? If you use trade chat, you should now be seeing PC/cross save trade chat so you should mostly get players you can trade with. If you want to buy something from warframe.market, you now need to go to the PC category and buy/sell from folks there (if you are a seller you'll need to go to your profile and change your platform to PC so your orders get listed correctly). I've purchased from trade chat and sold from PC warframe.market since converting a couple days ago (while playing on my xbox) without issue yet. If you are using xbox clan or other private group chats, you're going to be SoL most of the time until more people switch.  

Edited by devoltar
  • Like 1

My gripe is.. why do I have to make a PC account? 2 damn accounts, both at risk of being hacked I'll have to keep my eyes on. While the PC account won't have the amount of actually working security my Xbox account has.

I'm not really interested in risking this.. yet it's the only way to get cross save.. help?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Naroxas44 said:

Maybe turn off caps lock, but the FAQ has the answer to your question:

Trading Variables:

If Cross Platform Play is enabled & Cross Platform Save is enabled…

• Trade with all Cross Platform Save players.

If Cross Platform Play is enabled & Cross Platform Save is disabled…

• PC: trade with PC and Cross Platform Save enabled players
  • Non-PC Platforms: trade with Cross Platform Save disabled players on your platform

If Cross Platform Play is disabled & Cross Platform Save is enabled…

• Non-PC Platforms: trade with Cross Platform Save enabled players on your platform

If Cross Platform Play is disabled & Cross Platform Save is disabled…

• Non-PC Platforms: trade with players on your platform who also have Cross Platform Save disabled

Hey sorry this is my first time doing this will not use Capital letters more and ty my doubts are clear

Yeah I can’t trade with everyone in clan , alliance friends and people I have built a Warframe Market trust with for years. This should have been number 1 priority on merging accounts. Not happy either. The real kick in the teeth is DE has yet to really comment on it. I think they’re just going to leave as is. Basically giving us a half banned account in a way. 

This is the only forum post I have ever made on this site besides what was required to sign up for warframe market. I have been tricked with the exact same lie. Now I have all of my listings on warframe market under PSN, prices adjusted to the PSN market, and when people contact me to trade, including my friends on my platform, I have to turn away all of them or pretend I'm offline despite having many items I'm willing to sell because very few people have enabled cross save on my platform and I don't even blame them. I contacted support and received no response.

I enabled cross-save to make one trade with a PC player after seeing some misleading message about cross-save trading compatibility. Now I can't trade with other people on the only platform I have ever played on or intend to play on. I've put many hours into this game and enjoyed it for so long. I've also been annoyed by things in this game before but this is the most frustrated I have ever been in my entire time playing this game. I can't imagine how much worse it would have been if I had been tricked earlier.

All I want to know right now is if this is intentional or something they promised to address. Should I push everyone to enable cross-save when it's new or warn everyone to hold off? What a ridiculous dilemma console players have been put into.

Edited by (PSN)MaximusDerango
Forgot to add question
  • Like 9

Did you manage to trade? I’m trying to sell an ember prime set for 100p and can’t trade with pc players bruhhhh. Cross platform save enbaled, platform play enabled 2fa. What else?? Does this mean the pc players have cross play turned off? Agh. 

There should have at least been a confirmation warning notifying that we would no longer be able to trade on our current platforms before making the "merge". This is incredibly frustrating. I have been playing Warframe for years and have had multiple accounts just because I love the game, but this is completely unacceptable! Still no word from DE either! I agree, let us revert. What is the point of all of this?! Trade should have been allowed as soon as cross-play became a factor! We shouldn't have even had to merge accounts to cross save to allow for trade. I feel like I've been bamboozled. Grinded everything this game has to offer and now I can't even help fellow Tenno in my clan because they aren't Cross-Save participants. To add further acid to the burn, if I turn off Cross-Play, I can't even get into my own dojo. What the heck is going on over at DE right now? I think we deserve some answers. 

Absolutely regret turning on cross save. I cannot even trade with my clan mates on the same platform. This needs to be addressed or even acknowledged because this should have been explicitly stated.

On top of that cross platform trading has been a nightmare. People not showing up in dojos, invites instantly failing, and invites not even being sent are just some of the issues.

Edited by Joylesstuna
My ps account seems to be considered a PC account
  • Like 3