Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

Limiting Cross-Trade is a HUGE mistake! Can't trade with same platform!

11 hours ago, devoltar said:

Go into your profile on warframe.market and change your platform to PC, and relist all your orders on the site so they go on the PC listings (noting that prices will mostly be lower and competition will be higher, but sales volume is also much higher so things might move quicker depending on the item). All Cross Save accounts are in the PC pool and you can trade with any cross save player or PC player who has cross play on (most of them) regardless of what platform you are currently on. I've done it and sold a couple items, it works no problem.

Warframe.market is going to need to come up with new terminology for the markets for it to make more sense to players, cause cross save mostly breaks the concept of platform-based  markets.

I am a Nintendo Switch player which I can't trade or receive platinum from other consoles.

So what do I do there because if I did what you said to do I am going to just end up angering others because they won't be able to buy something from me due the restrictions for Switch players.

I think a good fix for this would be to put a toggle in Warframe.market that tells everyone you have Cross-save enabled along with a toggle that only let's your stuff show to others who also have cross-save on the same console for the Nintendo Switch players.

That or DE should try harder to get Nintendo to agree to let us trade platinum with other platforms at very least even if they don't let it be shared between the same account.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SuperLuigi1025 said:

I am a Nintendo Switch player which I can't trade or receive platinum from other consoles.

So what do I do there because if I did what you said to do I am going to just end up angering others because they won't be able to buy something from me due the restrictions for Switch players.

I think a good fix for this would be to put a toggle in Warframe.market that tells everyone you have Cross-save enabled along with a toggle that only let's your stuff show to others who also have cross-save on the same console for the Nintendo Switch players.

That or DE should try harder to get Nintendo to agree to let us trade platinum with other platforms at very least even if they don't let it be shared between the same account.

Yes, Switch users that enable cross save are largely SoL because there are very few people to trade plat with. Sadly there is not a good answer to that. (also, because we all show as PC users now I didn't catch you are a switch user, sorry). 

I don't think Nintendo will change their mind any time soon honestly - they make very little off their network subscriptions compared to MS/Sony so they have more vested interest in game market sales, and opening up cross save trade allows NSW players to buy plat from warframe.com, getting rid of Nintendo's cut.

The only alternative, and one that may help push Nintendo to change if more people bail on buying plat on switch at all, would be to use the PC version of the game for trade and market purchases - or Mobile version once that releases, as I suspect those will be cross save/PC accounts by default. Even before the mobile release, technically this can be done if you don't have a gaming PC by using GeForce Now (I've tested it with warframe myself on the go, I have a founders account and it works fine). I realize most players won't (especially younger players) - but it's an option.   

• Like 1

Since trading is a top of my interest and very important thing to progress in game, after reading this topic I gonna skip link/megre my account and will use just PC... well, probably skip at all. Thanks for many useful info, what DE dont provide.

• Like 1

-Im from Germany. My Main Language is german.-
I am a PC-User. Therefore i have Questions:

1) Enabling Cross-Play in "Settings: System" allows you to play with other Plattforms.
    (e.g. PC-Player playing with PSn-Player or XBOX-Player)

2) Enabling Cross-Save allows you to trade with other plattform-users.
    (e.g. PC-Player trading with PSn-Player or XBOX-Player)

3) To activate Cross-Save you need to have an account on other plattforms.
    -> I have an XBOX-Account but don't have this Console (because some games require that (e. g. Minecraft-Java-Edition or Sea of Thieves)
    -> And this means "i didn't have a specific Warframe-Account for XBOX or else. So i can't connect them.
    -> Therefore i can't activate Cross Save witch is needed to enable "Trading with other Plattform-Users"

Conclusion:
I am able to play as PC-User with PSn-/XBOX-Users.
I am not able to trade with them (unless i have an plattform-specific warframe-account, which i didn't need because i have only a PC).

"Cross-Play is good, Cross-Trade is trash"
"Not the yellow from the egg that i prefer"

• Like 1

Just like me i forget to read the fine print,  welcome to the club.

You cant trade with clan or friends without it enabled,  Just show them how much better it is on the other side.  you now have Pc/xbox/Plastation/nintendo(non plat trades for switch users) to get the things you need.  its not all bad.

16 hours ago, A_BloodyVanguard said:

-Im from Germany. My Main Language is german.-
I am a PC-User. Therefore i have Questions:

1) Enabling Cross-Play in "Settings: System" allows you to play with other Plattforms.
    (e.g. PC-Player playing with PSn-Player or XBOX-Player)

2) Enabling Cross-Save allows you to trade with other plattform-users.
    (e.g. PC-Player trading with PSn-Player or XBOX-Player)

3) To activate Cross-Save you need to have an account on other plattforms.
    -> I have an XBOX-Account but don't have this Console (because some games require that (e. g. Minecraft-Java-Edition or Sea of Thieves)
    -> And this means "i didn't have a specific Warframe-Account for XBOX or else. So i can't connect them.
    -> Therefore i can't activate Cross Save witch is needed to enable "Trading with other Plattform-Users"

Conclusion:
I am able to play as PC-User with PSn-/XBOX-Users.
I am not able to trade with them (unless i have an plattform-specific warframe-account, which i didn't need because i have only a PC).

"Cross-Play is good, Cross-Trade is trash"
"Not the yellow from the egg that i prefer"

No, as a PC player you do not have to worry about most of this. You can trade with players on other platforms if they are cross save players, and if you have cross play turned on. You don't need to have cross save. The only real issue is that you can not trade platinum with Nintendo Switch users specifically. 

It's console users who are having trade issues because they can not trade with players that aren't using cross save on the same platform. 

Sorry, I don't speak German but hopefully that is simple enough to translate :)

• Like 1

This should solve the problem with Switch trading. With platinum trading being inaccessible across platforms provided one of the platforms is Switch, create an exchange spot in the market for all platforms. Create a new stacking item (NSI) that can be traded between anyone and is a 1:1 exchange both ways in the market or other easily accessible location. Example: Switch user has 12 platinum and wants to trade with Playstation user. Switch user exchanges 12 platinum for 12 NSI. Trade commences and Switch user trades 12 NSI to Playstation user for desired item. Playstation user then exchanges the 12 NSI for 12 platinum.

On 2024-01-26 at 9:56 PM, AP1gi0n said:

Fr, I have a friend who started recently and I wanted to give him Bronco prime, but legit the day before I set up cross save without knowing I would not be able to trade with him anymore. Absolutely stupid decision.

That only allows you to trade with other cross save accounts, otherwise you still can’t trade with non-cross save accounts.

I see

On 2023-12-23 at 4:08 AM, Phoenix_Rose said:

Calm down yall. While yes the devs should have not done this, i bet they will fix in once they come back in January

How's that working out for you, now that they've basically said "no real way to fix it, but we'll talk to some people anyway."

• Like 2

Currently if you want to trade with other people who have cross-save on and you dont you cant trade with them but why isnt cross-trading just a feature in the first place i am currently playing on PS5 switched from PC but i cant trade with my PC friends since they dont have cross-save on DE please fix this!!

On 2023-12-21 at 6:00 PM, (PSN)crow5716 said:

I get that you can only cross-trade with other platforms when you have cross-save enabled...

BUT not everyone wants to make their account a cross-save account and now you just eliminated their ability to trade with people on their own platform? Like what the.....

You can't trade with someone on your same platform if one person has cross-save enabled and the other doesn't. I mean wooooow.

I see a huge back lash coming over this.

YES! I MADE THIS MISTAKE! I play on psn and all of my friends play on psn. Not everyone has access to a smartphone or computer, even in this day an age and it feels like a punishment! It seems like when you merge your account is seen as a pc account regardless of what you play on? I'm WarEmpressElwe on Psn. I can't even send my friends birthday forma from the marketplace because of this! I TRIED TO SEND MY BF A VALENTINE GLYPH BUNDLE AND I COULDNT. WE LIVE IN THE SAME HOUSE. HE BOTH PLAY ON PSN. THIS IS A HUGE ISSUE.

• Like 2

Add me to the list. Would NEVER have done this if I knew it meant I couldn't trade with my friends and clanmates on PSN. If you're not going to fix it or let us revert it, at least WARN us. Somewhere. This has ruined the game for me.

• Like 2

Dear [Digital Extremes Ltd],

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a concerning issue I have encountered in Warframe, specifically related to cross-platform trading.

Recently, Digital Extremes Ltd. enabled the ability to trade items across different platforms. However, I have observed a significant drawback to this feature. Once an account is merged, it restricts trading capabilities with players who have not performed the account merger. This limitation is not only inconvenient but also appears unprofessional.

I understand that the development team may have implemented this feature with positive intentions. However, the current situation is hindering my ability to fully enjoy the game and provide assistance to other players.

I kindly request that the team considers addressing this issue promptly through a hotfix or relevant update. This adjustment would greatly improve the overall gaming experience for users like myself who value the collaborative aspects of Warframe.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I appreciate your ongoing efforts to enhance the gaming experience for the Warframe community.

Sincerely,

[Isaiah Plater]
[Crackbabyy13]

i am a little annoyed that you cant gift to someone that hasn't done the cross save and, some people are refusing to do cross save for this reason. I like to be able to gift or to be able to disable cross save.

On 2024-01-25 at 4:31 PM, wild-hades435 said:

Guys you have to enable 2-Step Verification for PS5 and enable 2FA on PC to trade 

Yeah just to help people along I would like to remind people of this post here, for security that is a thing ^ so make sure you have all your security hoopla up to date. I know this whole thing is kind of a boondoggle and confusing within your own ecosystem, but the people on your platform should all be able to go get cross save setup even if they aren't really intending to play on another platform it would open trade for them across everywhere as long as the others enable cross save anyway, well except switch which is kind of a nintendo thing DE can't do anything about that.

In the long run this will hopefully help everyone out but it's definitely confusing atm for people on console for sure. But yeah don't forget if you're using warframe market you are effectively in the PC ecosystem now. This might go a bit smoother too when the mobile versions are out, if anyone bites it might increase more cross save account creation which could get more of the trade community a bit more merged in.

Edited by Drex83

On 2024-02-19 at 1:44 PM, Doubl3_Six said:

DE obviously don't know what they are doing. If I would have known before merging. I wouldn't have merged. Now I guess I won't be playing warframe anymore. Until they allow it. 

You'll probably have a lot less trouble over time as more people merge especially with the mobile versions on the way. Though anyone could just make a PC account and merge it right away, but yeah you're either in the main agnostic ecosystem which is PC generally speaking and all the cross play, or locked to your platform. Hopefully in the future they will just get everyone to start agnostic more to begin with, you should have a much easier trade experience generally speaking finding people to trade with with the mixed population on top of the PC population since it's like half the player base.

Still no acknowledgement from DE 2 months later tells me a few things...

1.) They have to know by now the amount of people this screwed and having absolutely no way to fix it, they are going to just ignore us. And in the off chance that they do acknowledge us, their response is going to be that everything is working like they said it would.

2.) They have zero cares in the world about the issue this caused so many people to even acknowledge it with something like "oops, we messed up bad" Even if there is no way to correct the problem.

3.) They are embarrassed by this fake "cross-save" and are going to just continue going about business like everything is fine.

Cross-save uses a centralized account that is not specific to any particular platform. DE's cross-save forced everyone to convert to PC accounts. Even in a cross-save system, PC accounts would have to enable cross-save also to access a centralized real cross-save system.

The only solution or fix out of this would have been the following...

This should have been an automated system to auto-convert every Warframe account to a centralized system thus creating more unity across platforms instead of creating some unity across platforms but in turn creating segregation amongst your own platform.

Until they do a mass auto-convert of every account without players needing to do it manually cross-save will continue to divide instead of unify.

• Like 2

• [DE]Saske changed the title to Merged accounts trade issue

If you run across someone that you cannot trade with because they have not enabled cross save, just ask them "Why are you being lazy?". When they inevitably do not have a good reason, you can help walk them through the simple process to bring them into the future. It seems very much akin to an older person saying that technology is too hard without putting any effort into learning it.

18 hours ago, crow5716 said:

Still no acknowledgement from DE 2 months later tells me a few things...

They did acknowledge it. On a dev short Reb said that it the way it is because of platform makers restrictions put on them

at 7:30 they talk about it

• Like 1