Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

Limiting Cross-Trade is a HUGE mistake! Can't trade with same platform!

DE screwed up so bad on this and there is absolutely no way for them to fix it and so I don't expect to ever hear them talk about this issue. They tricked us on how this would work. It's not true cross-play. It's just converting console accounts to PC accounts and then it's PC accounts interacting with each other. Plus now they are going on vacation till January.

• Like 2

O gosh, i enabled it yesterday and my main is still my playstation account, and today i was excited trying to give arcane to a newbie in my clan and boom, unable to do because of this all T.T . I hope DE will fix this after vacation. For the moment it will be pain and suffering for our baby tenno.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Phoenix_Rose said:

Calm down yall. While yes the devs should have not done this, i bet they will fix in once they come back in January

So you’re saying it’s not intended? But then what’s this…

CROSS PLATFORM TRADING & GIFTING

Tenno can trade with players on different platforms (depending on those players’ Cross Platform settings). Trading will function the same as gifting, except for trading Platinum between Nintendo Switch and other platforms, which is not available.

To make sure you can trade with friends or fellow Tenno across platforms, be sure you are using a Cross Platform Save Account (or PC account*) and have Cross Platform Play enabled via your in-game settings. TennoGuard 2FA is required to trade in-game items with fellow Tenno in Warframe, which can be enabled via the Account Management page.

*PC accounts can automatically trade with players on other platforms — provided that both players still have Cross Platform Play enabled in their settings and that any non-PC player trading with them has a Cross Platform Save Account. 

Trading Variables:

If Cross Platform Play is enabled & Cross Platform Save is enabled…

• Trade with all Cross Platform Save players.

If Cross Platform Play is enabled & Cross Platform Save is disabled…

• PC: trade with PC and Cross Platform Save enabled players
  • Non-PC Platforms: trade with Cross Platform Save disabled players on your platform

If Cross Platform Play is disabled & Cross Platform Save is enabled…

• PC: trade with any PC players
  • Non-PC Platforms: trade with Cross Platform Save enabled players on your platform

If Cross Platform Play is disabled & Cross Platform Save is disabled…

• Non-PC Platforms: trade with players on your platform who also have Cross Platform Save disabled
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

Tenno can trade with players on different platforms (depending on those players’ Cross Platform settings). Trading will function the same as gifting, except for trading Platinum between Nintendo Switch and other platforms, which is not available.

To make sure you can trade with friends or fellow Tenno across platforms, be sure you are using a Cross Platform Save Account (or PC account*) and have Cross Platform Play enabled via your in-game settings. TennoGuard 2FA is required to trade in-game items with fellow Tenno in Warframe, which can be enabled via the Account Management page.

*PC accounts can automatically trade with players on other platforms — provided that both players still have Cross Platform Play enabled in their settings and that any non-PC player trading with them has a Cross Platform Save Account. 

Trading Variables:

• Non-PC Platforms: trade with Cross Platform Save disabled players on your platform

• Non-PC Platforms: trade with Cross Platform Save enabled players on your platform

• Non-PC Platforms: trade with players on your platform who also have Cross Platform Save disabled

Hope this was in a WARNING message before a player in game (who didn't intend to switch platforms) enabled it in the game.. hmmm.  I don't know because I never got to enable it.. probably would have though... I know I will eventually when it's completely stabilized.

Edited by (PSN)Poestis
  • Like 1

I didn't see this :
"
except for trading Platinum between Nintendo Switch and other platforms, which is not available."
I've linked my pc account to my ps5 and my Switch, what's the consequence ? I've now not able to trade any platinium on my account? Or it is just when I log in on my switch?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Beberto92 said:

I didn't see this :
"
except for trading Platinum between Nintendo Switch and other platforms, which is not available."
I've linked my pc account to my ps5 and my Switch, what's the consequence ? I've now not able to trade any platinium on my account? Or it is just when I log in on my switch?

To be fair, this was known waaay before the first account merge drip gate, and it's because Xbox, PlayStation and PC are able to use a shared wallet and Nintendo doesn't. So it's not DE's fault, but Nintendo's stubbornness as always.

• Like 2

Had two people out of around ten unable to trade with me today despite being on Playstation just like me, we were all confused. I don't have a cross save and honestly had no clue what was happening. This all sounds ridiculous to begin with but if DE are gonna limit trading like this, there has to be some kind of uhhh identifyer then as there is no way to tell who has it enabled and who doesn't...

• Like 1

Give them time to fix it. More than likely you will be able to trade with other platforms that have or don't have it enabled if you are both on the same platform currently. More than likely you're going to have problems trading  with someone until it fixes. It just came out and we're all the testers from merging. Trading can get fixed in all of this, but most of us have to wait for January earliest.

• Like 1

Short term i agree this is a pain in the a** but for the people that enabled lets say only half of any given platform enables cross save, you get half of PSN, half of Xbox, half of nintendo and 100% of PC traders. Thats alot more than you had before. Really sucks for people that didnt enable during the windows this month though.

Longer term, Probably an unpopular opinion but... just enable cross save (in january)? i dont see a down side to it. you dont need to download on PC or make a purchase. would only take someone 5 minutes to make an account on the website and link their console account.

They probably wont undo any of this since it works out well for them forcing people to enroll. theres probably some technical reason we wont be able to cross platform trade without cross save (i assume something like for cross save the items/currency are "stored" on PC's database. If you dont have it enabled your items are on your platforms database and the two cant interact (but who knows i just play the games not make them!))

for anyone not wanting the fuss of trying to figure out who you can trade with, just use the trade chat (that only shows the people you can trade with)

bonus if you have cross-save enabled and youre using a site like WFM just browse the PC section (they can trade with anyone and if youre a buyer its cheaper!).

• Like 1

Hello.

This issue is affecting NSW as well, i migrated from PC-to NSW, now i can just Lynk for cross save, but i dont want to as my PC is main and i just enjoy playing wf on switch when im in the train.

So from trading with a tiny NSW platform i can only trade with less.

Will this be fixed?

And Happy Holidays!

• Like 1

Just tacking on to the same topic to say holy heck what a ridiculous oversight.

I attempted to trade PSN <-> PSN, and both players were originally PSN to begin with for an extra kicker- and I get told No because I'm cross save.

What a baffling decision. According to the FAQ the intent is that anyone with cross save (Or natively PC) should be able to trade cross platform with other cross save (or native PC) users which is all well and good, but who decided that means native console users can't trade with native console users in the mean time lol

The simplest way to put it has been brought up by OP; We were told it was cross save, but what it really was was converting our accounts to PC accounts that happen to be allowed to log into our platforms of choice. Which COULD be fine, but to not say outright that that's what happened and that THIS WEIRD BARRIER would become of it is uh, not great.

I am also left curious on what impact this will have on future discount coupons as I do much prefer the market coupons vs plat coupons. If it turns out because I'm cross save I'm now forever "PC" in regards to which coupon I'm given by my login I'll be grumbling to myself, that's for sure.

I would genuinely probably still take the dive for cross save if I had known- it basically just means I have to convince my (willing) friends to convert as well and that I need to update my market to list me as PC instead of PSN, but I feel irritated having a trade fall through due to the poor communication by DE on how this works prior to granting us the opportunity to do it.

I'm now stuck in a weird trade limbo until cross save opens back up where I *think* I can trade with PC users, which is great, but also I can no longer trade with friends on my native console. Bizarre.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-01-05 at 8:45 AM, Aruquae said:

Keep in mind they’re aren’t done with rolling out cross save yet, and by the time January ends (or February) everyone will have cross save enabled.

Everyone "who wants it". There's many people in my clan alone that have no interest in cross-save so I can't trade with them or send them gifts anymore even tho we've been playing together forever. This cross-save aka switch people to PC accounts has been a deceitful cross-save experience. It's not real cross-save, it's just reducing people into using PC accounts and it permanently merged your console data into a PC account. 

I really need an option to reverse this. I want my PSN only account back so I can trade with my clan.

Edited by crow5716
  • Like 1

This wording is so confusing DE. They should have made a flow chart with on who can trade with who. I work in Mechanical engineering and this is confusing. 

Trading Variables:

If Cross Platform Play is enabled & Cross Platform Save is enabled…

If Cross Platform Play is enabled & Cross Platform Save is disabled…

• PC: trade with PC and Cross Platform Save enabled players
  • Non-PC Platforms: trade with Cross Platform Save disabled players on your platform

If Cross Platform Play is disabled & Cross Platform Save is enabled…

If Cross Platform Play is disabled & Cross Platform Save is disabled…

• Non-PC Platforms: trade with players on your platform who also have Cross Platform Save disabled

Edited by Naarith
  • Like 1

On 2024-01-06 at 3:18 AM, crow5716 said:

Everyone "who wants it". There's many people in my clan alone that have no interest in cross-save so I can't trade with them or send them gifts anymore even tho we've been playing together forever. This cross-save aka switch people to PC accounts has been a deceitful cross-save experience. It's not real cross-save, it's just reducing people into using PC accounts and it permanently merged your console data into a PC account. 

I really need an option to reverse this. I want my PSN only account back so I can trade with my clan.

It will be no different from enabling 2FA. Either make a cross-save account, which won't be hard once it rolls out for everyone, or not be able to trade with the majority of players.

There really is no reason to not enable cross-save.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, haolee510 said:

It will be no different from enabling 2FA. Either make a cross-save account, which won't be hard once it rolls out for everyone, or not be able to trade with the majority of players.

There really is no reason to not enable cross-save.

There is a reason not to if an older player who migrated to console..We'll lost multiple accounts and not just one of the migrated ones(which most agree is understandable) so yeah some players are kinda locked out of it.

• Like 1

On 2023-12-23 at 4:41 AM, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

Trading Variables:

See, I did read this before I linked my accounts. I don't remember seeing anything below the "trading variables", so I'm not sure if that was a page I didn't see or if it was clarification on your part, but my understanding from the above post was that linking accounts would essentially turn your account into a PC account, and as long as cross-platform (not cross-save) was enabled, you would be able to trade between ALL platforms. It literally says "to be able to trade across platforms", so I'm not sure how I was supposed to understand it. Again, this hinges pretty directly on not having seen the variables below unfortunately.

If im a PC player now, I'll figure it out in the end. At the very least I still have a market to sell in, probably a much larger one than before honestly, but I am still kind of disappointed tbh. Have missed out on several hundred plat already lol. Just have to move my market to PC I guess, but i do wish they would comment on this at least so we know definitively how much is intended. Also all of my accounts still don't fully understand that I'm effectively PC now which is really messing stuff up lol

Edited by fulanx-arkanx256
typos
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sorrior said:

There is a reason not to if an older player who migrated to console..We'll lost multiple accounts and not just one of the migrated ones(which most agree is understandable) so yeah some players are kinda locked out of it.

There's a workaround with just making a new PC account to "tether" the console account to, just so they could access trading on the console account but still keep their original PC account intact.

Sure, it's more work, but the way everything's set up, no one is absolutely locked out of trading.

• Like 1

So all those rules were listed beforehand on how trading would work if you enabled. They disclosed all of it ahead of time. If you went through with it, you really have nothing to complain about. By enabling cross-save you "accepted the terms and conditions" laid out in advance.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Diderius said:

So all those rules were listed beforehand on how trading would work if you enabled. They disclosed all of it ahead of time. If you went through with it, you really have nothing to complain about. By enabling cross-save you "accepted the terms and conditions" laid out in advance.

This was never real cross-save. It was deceiving how they went about it behind the scenes without explaining.

Permanently converting console accounts into PC accounts is not cross-save. It's just PC accounts interacting with eachother. I would love my native PSN account back so I can trade and gift things to the 90% of my PSN clan and alliance that I can't trade or gift with anymore. Seems like lots of peop lehave no interest in "cross-save"

• Like 5