Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

Limiting Cross-Trade is a HUGE mistake! Can't trade with same platform!

Received in game chat messenger to sell a rank 10 mod. I checked players profile. Shows they don't have cross save. I maxed mod goto dojo, go to open trade then says they DO have cross save and I can't trade with them!? What is going to be done for players that only have ps5 No other IDs or platforms, to trade with players on PlayStation? 

It KILLING my trade game! When will this be fixed? We are supposed to be able to interact with MORE players, not LESS. And requiring it for others on the same platform is just sad! I have to either check a profile or ask every trade - and when I ask, even today, most people have no idea even what it is!

I feel we need to be compensated for this. I know Ive lost a huge amount of plat after enabling this. I wish DE would at least say something addressing this, Its very infuriating.

• Like 3

Why can I not trade with people from my own platform? I'm on ps4, will likely get ps5 and can't trade with other playstation users! This is ridiculous and totally unfair. Please make every player be able to trade with each other, regardless of cross save. I'm borderline about to quit this game if this doesn't get fixed.

• Like 1

On 2024-01-19 at 8:14 AM, TeoReed said:

I have a NSW account as a primary but did the merge to get my PSN stuff. Since then trading is a NIGHTMARE. I didn't know about the platinum restriction until after I linked my accounts and now I can't find other switch players to trade with. If I turn off cross play save I'm in a trade chat by myself. If id have known I'd pretty much not be able to trade again I would have not linked. Idk about being on another console as I only have my switch rn, but I highly recommend not merging accounts if you play on switch if you want to trade plat like everyone else.

It would be great to be able to undo the merge/link and revert to native platform accounts, but the site says it's "irreversible". I hope they change that.

I made a PC account to link it to my Nintendo Switch account so  I wouldn't be if I am trading an item for an item I wouldn't be limited to just Switch players if my friends start playing this game and they aren't playing on Switch.

Until they either change this or I can get a stronger PC so I can run Warframe on it or unless they force Cross-save on everyone trading and selling is going to be a nightmare for me.

Even the wording on the on how cross-trading would work were confusing.

I thought it just meant I can't trade platinum to other consoles/PC not that I would be locked out of trading with the same console all together unless they the other person has cross-save enabled.

Cross-save is not good. I can't trade with someone on your same platform if one person has cross-save enabled and the other doesn't. And Switch players only could spend platinum on Switch, That makes just fewer people could trade, It means platinum is losing value.  Don't waste your money on this game if you are a Switch player.

Edited by (NSW)TJustice

Had a friend who started playing recently, they finally reached mastery rank 4 so to help them I was going to give them bronco prime. Funny thing is though the day before I linked my account to cross save so I could play the game on the go with my switch. Came to find out, because it basically said this knowhere, but I can only trade with cross save players only which means   I cant give anything to my new friend. This change absolutely sucks.

• Like 2

Fr, I have a friend who started recently and I wanted to give him Bronco prime, but legit the day before I set up cross save without knowing I would not be able to trade with him anymore. Absolutely stupid decision.

On 2024-01-25 at 4:31 PM, wild-hades435 said:

Guys you have to enable 2-Step Verification for PS5 and enable 2FA on PC to trade 

That only allows you to trade with other cross save accounts, otherwise you still can’t trade with non-cross save accounts.

Not being able to trade with switch players that dont have cross save is a huge issue. Also, the fact that my trade chat is filled with just other players that aren't just switch player is a huge issues for me, as that prevents me from seeing people who want to trade items with others. I'd suggest making two separate trade chats for those who have crosssave, a trade chat for the person's platform only and another trade chat for people who have cross save enabled.

• Like 1

The Cyclone icon indicates console players but most people will be looking into merging anyway. Alternatively when selling items you can specify that you are a cross save player when you post. I am sure that they will be looking into these sort of issues in the background as it is a new system and they aren't really good at identifying most/all of the potential issues before releasing new stuff.

On 2023-12-22 at 6:04 PM, j.proctor said:

I regret merging cause of this. I've already missed out on a 600p sale.  I reread the cross save faq and nowhere does it say that it will impact your ability to trade with people on the SAME platform.  

right..

On 2023-12-22 at 3:31 PM, xMarvin732 said:

I think it was fixed?

I was able to trade PC to PC, i had Cross Save off and the other person had Cross Save on.

yea no its not fixed. i tried trading with PS5 vs PS5 a few minutes ago and i wasn't able to trade. they other guy had to setup cross save and 2fa just to trade with me. 

Even I have to agree with this whole thing entirely, cause it... is... pain!!! Already dealt with 5 trades today on Xbox that the players, on the same platform, have no cross save or 2FA setup (but only one luckily did have cross save straight away). And while I was patient with them to get their cross-saves to work (along with other issues of getting into the dojo while that was happening, it seems), but clearly, this indeed needs to be fixed at this point. Otherwise, I cannot bare seeing any more problems when trading between cross save players and non-cross save players on the same platform.

So, I've always used Warframe Market. Pretty convenient with quick convos and the people are usually very polite. I came back from a long trading hiatus (needed to refuel on Plat), and yesterday, some guy comes over and asks me about a Limbo set I was selling, and after getting an invite I got hit by that one notification when attempting to head to Maroo's Bazaar with the guy, since the Dojo wouldn't load in, saying what's already been posted about the cross save thing. I figured: "Hey, I'm planning to play on my PC eventually, might as well take care of this now."

Wish I didn't. Cause now I'm locked out of trading with most of the people on my current platform, including my clan mates and friends. I thought I was just going through some simple process and help a guy get his frame, not ruin my whole trading life. It's permanent, unfortunately. I've had to turn away four people since then. This is not a good time.

Edited by austinmax_nes
  • Like 1

for everyone who has already done cross-save and is still suffering, i would recommend switching all your trading accounts to show that youre on PC. It will at least allow you to make some trades in the meantime and lessen the people trying to trade with you who won't be able to.

Of course, you still can't use Maroo's Bazaar or trade with clanmates, but it's at least a small improvement.

2 hours ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

Still can't trade with anyone else in my clan all of whom are cross play but not cross save.  PITA and no word from DE on what the plan is for console players who don't jump through hoops when they don't play on PC.

There is no "jumping through hoops". You can use the same email and password to make a PC account and link it to whatever console you're on. I walked my tech illiterate sister through this process in all of 5 minutes. There is no reason to not enable cross save and enjoy all the benefits of trading with everyone else who is keeping up with the times.

• Like 2

not even crosssave makes trading almost impossible for me as playstation user, also i cant trade with a player on same platform who has , as me, crossave account , but no 2 factor authentication enabled, which i have … if u dont want us to trade with anybody u better just disable it … and let us buy lootboxes maybe…. and by the way thx for hours of explaining with controller keyboard why i cant finish trade with somebody… yes … hours… so i finally stopped offering anything… 

On 2024-01-30 at 8:12 PM, NivvyPrime said:

There is no "jumping through hoops". You can use the same email and password to make a PC account and link it to whatever console you're on. I walked my tech illiterate sister through this process in all of 5 minutes. There is no reason to not enable cross save and enjoy all the benefits of trading with everyone else who is keeping up with the times.

No, i tried , didnt work… had to choose anorher username, even its registered with same email as my psn account… and how does another user know about my crosstrade and 2 factor authentication Status as they see only a psn or other Platform logo … in fact, now there are old Platform Accounts with and old Platform Accounts without 2 factor authentication, crossave Accounts with and crossave Accounts without 2 factor authentication … These 4 groups are unable to Trade with another , only in their one „account state“ group which is the same as before… plus  potential traders dont know anymore that they are of the same account group… how progressive this is… u can choose to be oldfashioned Platform dependend which means number of potential trading partners got radically minimized on console or choose to be a crossave hipster who does Talk more about trading than to make a Trade … like in real live i guess… haha… WOW ,AWESOME 🤬🤬🤬

16 hours ago, NivvyPrime said:

if that were the case there is no reason DE couldn't do it behind the scenes.
But more than that, the SIMPLER (for the customer ie. users) solution is to not have the restriction - if you enable xplay (which is just a tick box in whatever platform you actually play on), it should enable xTRADE...

Or, you know what - even simpler for everyone is just come out with a public statement saying what the plan / schedule is...  Something like "If by xxx date, you have enabled xsave, you will be auto-migrated" or "We have no intention of ever fixing it and are just going to leave it a jumbled mess "    

communication goes a long way... And all I've been asking for is what the PLAN is... repeatedly.  

• Like 3

Cross Save does not let you trade console to console unless both players have Cross Save enabled which is bogus. I’m on console and whenever I made my Cross Save I figured I could still trade with console players but I can’t. Now I can’t trade with none of my Clan members until they feel the need to Cross Save an which they don’t want to bcuz of this problem.

On 2024-01-29 at 6:23 PM, austinmax_nes said:

So, I've always used Warframe Market. Pretty convenient with quick convos and the people are usually very polite. I came back from a long trading hiatus (needed to refuel on Plat), and yesterday, some guy comes over and asks me about a Limbo set I was selling, and after getting an invite I got hit by that one notification when attempting to head to Maroo's Bazaar with the guy, since the Dojo wouldn't load in, saying what's already been posted about the cross save thing. I figured: "Hey, I'm planning to play on my PC eventually, might as well take care of this now."

Wish I didn't. Cause now I'm locked out of trading with most of the people on my current platform, including my clan mates and friends. I thought I was just going through some simple process and help a guy get his frame, not ruin my whole trading life. It's permanent, unfortunately. I've had to turn away four people since then. This is not a good time.

Go into your profile on warframe.market and change your platform to PC, and relist all your orders on the site so they go on the PC listings (noting that prices will mostly be lower and competition will be higher, but sales volume is also much higher so things might move quicker depending on the item). All Cross Save accounts are in the PC pool and you can trade with any cross save player or PC player who has cross play on (most of them) regardless of what platform you are currently on. I've done it and sold a couple items, it works no problem.

Warframe.market is going to need to come up with new terminology for the markets for it to make more sense to players, cause cross save mostly breaks the concept of platform-based markets.

On 2024-01-31 at 12:56 PM, tucker_d_dawg said:

But more than that, the SIMPLER (for the customer ie. users) solution is to not have the restriction - if you enable xplay (which is just a tick box in whatever platform you actually play on), it should enable xTRADE...

They can't do that, there is no cross trade setting. All cross save accounts are PC accounts under the hood so they get moved over to the PC database. All accounts in the PC database can trade with each other (if you are playing on a non-PC platform, the traders have to have cross play on, but that's it, and most people do). Almost certainly the reason console players can't trade with non-cross save players is because they are in completely different databases (for now).

My guess is eventually all Warframe accounts will be pushed into a singular database to resolve this issue, but cross save is a way to test for issues and get people to move over in a phased fashion rather than one big make-or-break downtime. DE hasn't said anything yet though and they probably won't until plans are certain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, devoltar said:

They can't do that, there is no cross trade setting. All cross save accounts are PC accounts under the hood so they get moved over to the PC database. All accounts in the PC database can trade with each other (if you are playing on a non-PC platform, the traders have to have cross play on, but that's it, and most people do). Almost certainly the reason console players can't trade with non-cross save players is because they are in completely different databases (for now).

I understand they are in different db... that does NOT mean that there is no way to cross trade between databases... it just means they don't want to code it.  If you buy something online, your bank account is in a different db than the merchants and yet miraculously your money gets moved to them. And that is across enterprises.. INSIDE a single enterprise, the logistics are far simpler.  I'm not suggesting its a one minute code change, but they "CAN" do that, they just chose not to.  

and since the drip gate is no longer a drip, but is simply wide open- my question still stands, that they have not yet answered "What is the plan for console users who don't xsave? Will they get forced migrated at some point?"  Is the assumption that new console players (that start today e.g or 6 months from now) are somehow going to miraculously know about the forums, read up on how to enable it?  Or  will they automatically be created in the appropriate place? or will they implement internal system transactions to allow it?"  IS THERE EVEN A PLAN?  is there any timeline?  

• Like 2