Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whispers in the Walls: Hotfix 35.0.6

[DE]Megan

31 minutes ago, DarknessNightshade said:

I made a bug report in the appropriate subforum as well as the solutions I've tried. 

I've seen people in the forum after the patch able to merge, and I can only assume that they've been logged into the website since before Whispers of The Walls removed the authentication.

Same. I have tried post patch and it still doesn’t work. I really hope they fix this soon, I would love to be able to play on my switch. 

sadly unable to link my xbox account when on the cross platform save screen so i doubt ill get my accounts connected 
page just sends me to the main page saying im already logged in without sending me to the merge page so

Edited by Adam_Traurus

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Cross Platform Save Fixes:

• Fixed the inability to Merge your Console account if you had to make a new PC Account after the November 24th cut-off date in order to Merge.

• If you encountered the issue and did not link the accounts, the website should now say the accounts will be merged

• If you encountered the issue and did link the accounts, please contact support

• Fixed some Merged accounts not getting various Quest inboxes which resulted in an inability to start the Quests.

• Fixed Helminth abilities from the merged account being unlocked on the Primary Account. Helminth abilities are determined by the chosen Primary Account.

The hotfix prior to this was said to bring the new fragmented boss to be more "in line" with other bosses, and then it's suddenly no longer affected by Zenurik slow. Seeing the boss slow down to a crawl is the only enjoyment I have left for the grind and now it's taken away from me too, please revert this, it literally does nothing for the speed of the mission if that's what you're worried about.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Adam_Traurus said:

sadly unable to link my xbox account when on the cross platform save screen so i doubt ill get my accounts connected 
page just sends me to the main page saying im already logged in without sending me to the merge page so

I have exactly same issue with text: "YOU ARE ALREADY LOGGED IN!" and if I try login with xbox account its give me: "THERE WAS AN ERROR SIGNING YOU IN WITH XBOX LIVE, PLEASE TRY AGAIN." DE, please, fix it!

Edited by SashOK1993ukr

52 minutes ago, DezerayTwT said:

I was hoping that you would fix a little more in this hotfix, since there are problems that are now quite strongly affecting them and they have not yet been fixed.

1 - a strong decrease in FPS at the host when the operator shoots at the angel of the abyss in the operation.

2 - the problem with The Fragmented head hitbox, sometimes when shooting and hitting the top of The Fragmented, a hit to the head is not counted at all.

3 - for some reason, when equipping a glaive + any one-handed secondary weapon, when throwing a glaive to detonate it, you need to press the detonate button twice, this makes it very difficult to use Tennokai mods.

Guess these things are going to remain bugged for the entire holidays YEY.

About the second problem, I am pretty sure, from my personal experience, that the blue balls that are inside the boss are what is a headshot, not the goofy looking head at the top. I consistently get headshots on the balls as indicated by incarnon charges and arcanes getting triggered there, but not on the physical head. Good rule of thumb mate, always aim for the balls.

Just how DE is aiming at ours by leaving Dual Wielding bugged till next year.... At this point I wonder, why does it even exist? If it doesn't work properly, just turn it off if you lack the skill to code it right. I like it, but as much as I do, I prefer for Dual Wielding to not be a thing, over playing in this mechanical purgatory.

Surely the next hotfix is not going to be just as short addressing only Cross-save again right? RIGHT?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DezerayTwT said:

I was hoping that you would fix a little more in this hotfix, since there are problems that are now quite strongly affecting them and they have not yet been fixed.

3 - for some reason, when equipping a glaive + any one-handed secondary weapon, when throwing a glaive to detonate it, you need to press the detonate button twice, this makes it very difficult to use Tennokai mods.

This problem is on the known issues list at

and it requires a cert build/code fix to fix. In the meanwhile you can force-melee by holding down the melee key to hold only the glaive, and in that state throwing the glaive and pressing middle mouse or whatever you have bound to heavy attack (or is it alt-fire?) makes it detonate as expected.

• Ctrl + F
  • Realize this hotfix is tiny as hell and it's not needed.
  • Proceed to check for Auto-Melee Toggle.
  • None.

"Who's ready for Round 13? Give it up for Round 13 of this hellish gauntlet we call 'Feedback'!!
Get your popcorn, soda your drinks! We're gonna be here a while..."

Now, for the regular replies to existing commentary. Since I've added my own now.

2 hours ago, Numerounius said:

Speaking of helminth abilities, it is possible to finally get a fix where we can put the same helminth ability on two different loadouts on the same frame except they are overriding different abilities?

I was thinking about this just yesterday, as I was playing Volt and kinda wanted to shift some abilities around.
It's kinda annoying, actually.

2 hours ago, Aer_Wolf said:

They shouldn't, completely breaks the reason archon shards exist

I dunno... they seem to really like buffing things like Revenant's Mesmer Skin for literally no good reason.
If the casuals cry their little coward tears a bit more that they can't press "W" for more than 3 seconds without the "Big Ouchie" happening?
DE clearly has to cater to 'em and give the big broken rock candy again.

Tale as old as DE itself, but just as stale.

2 hours ago, Aer_Wolf said:

DE don't owe you anything,

I mean... to some perspectives? Maybe.

On another, they're building a video game. The whole purpose of such is to "entertain".
In doing so, they get money... at least, that's ideally how it works.

"Ideally" was a few years ago when microtransactions weren't considered mandatory for basic gameplay.
So, really. I guess you are right. DE doesn't owe us anything, because we can't pin anything on them.
People buy garbage, so DE produces garbage.

I don't really agree with the shards giving such a massive amount of flat crit... at the same time? It IS DE's job to do better.
I wanna be productive in the game, so hard it's to enjoy the "new update" when I'm roadblocked from it via daily timers AND people being lazy enough to ruin the mission for me.
A Multiplayer game should not make me feel like breaking my team's spines and doing it myself is a better option. Period.

2 hours ago, BowserNC said:

I hope people would actually realise how out of balance it was. 

If we could do that? We wouldn't be in such an ungodly mess like this to begin with.

• Maiming Strike would've been nerfed properly first before fixing melee.
    • Channeling would've actually been a usable function.
      • It only suffered because it had no good mods and cost too much, let's be real here.
    • Heavy Attacks existed before that in the form of "Charge Attacks". Don't remember them? I do, I was there.
      • You held the button down and it did a Heavy Attack.
      • Pretty sure the current Heavy Attack button actually just overwrites the button for Channeling.
      • Meaning they really just scrapped it instead of actually fixing the big issue at the time. Maiming Strike blending entire rooms singlehandedly.
  • Self-Damage would've had a limit on how much one singular shot could do to you, to hold back on AoE weapons being so dominant without outright crippling them.
    • You know why people say "Warframe players can't aim"? It's because we used to do so. Quite well, actually.
    • Unfortunately, years of using the Bramma and other "4th of July's Illegal Fireworks" doesn't exactly do aim justice.
    • ... and let's be real here. Self-Stagger is an awful joke.
  • Warframes would at least have to DO SOMETHING to be invincible, rather than a single button press negating the entire game.
    • Revenant used to be "okay" in my books because his Mesmer Skin wasn't truly so broken.
    • In a vacuum? His invincibility was good, sure. In practice? A crowd could easily shred through it.
    • ... so what do you do? You use Enthrall on stunned targets, you let it spread as much as you can and Reave to recover the charges.
    • It was a manner of measuring your invincibility. It was EARNED if done correctly.
    • Now there's a grace period, so I guess all of Revenant's kit it "press 2 once and maybe your subsume once in a blue moon."
    • Disgraceful. 
  • Archons and such wouldn't need to be layered under 15 types of defenses and mathematical formulas just to avoid being one shot.
    • Like...  guys. There's a reason DE HAD to put those on.
    • Even WITH the defenses? It still got one-shot. We are quite literally incapable of being challenged to a decent degree.
    • Not without the boss being equally powerful, which DE has only done ONCE and it was with THIS VERY UPDATE... as a secret optional boss.
    • Credit where it's due, DE. It is a good boss, but it's not enough to make the game as a whole satisfying.

And like? These are just a few I care to mention. There are quite literally hundreds more and I could go on and on and on... but I'm lucky if people even read this far to begin with.
If you (reader) are still reading and not skimming? Thank you! You actually care to put in the effort, so I applaud you.

Balance was always leaning on the "broken to a fault" side of things.
That's not to say "broken" is bad. Just take a look at the "Bravely Default" series-- the strategies you can come up with there are absolutely insane.
... but the game rewards for getting creative. It WANTS you to find new ways to break it.
It KNOWS that it'd get boring if you kept spamming the same strategy over and over and built ways to slowly encourage you- by punishment or reward- to adapt new strategies.

Personally? In the "Bravely Second" game, I loved using the Bishop's "Benevolence" magic to give MP to another target.
Using Wizard's perk to augment spells? I made it a "Wall" spell that casts the magic whenever the one buffed with it is struck.
Cast that on an enemy and every physical attack became an MP steal as well. To the point where- with enough hits- you could drain the boss to a point where it couldn't do anything.
... and EVEN STILL with full MP-drain? They found ways around it. Usually by the enemies also getting creative.

There is no excuse for the level of disarray this game is in, even Dynasty Warriors got the whole idea of "thousands of fodder units vs. one singular buff dude" right.

2 hours ago, OfPowerOfWant said:

i've never used an archon shard nor will I but i dont see the issue

Okay, allow me to paint a picture...
*Splashes your screen with Red Paint*
Congrats! That is your game now. A bloody mess.

"Creativity" derives from using what we have in a weird, unorthodox way.
Too much stricture stifles creativity to the point where nothing can happen.
Likewise, too little stricture makes people lazy. Where it takes no creativity to be the best and get by, so nobody bothers to do so.
This isn't even a complex idea. This is a FOUNDING factor of "motivation" since very early humans. To be driven by sin, but not controlled by it. I'd recommend giving it some reflective thoughts if you never tried to before.

It is the sole reason "balance" exists and why power must be earned.
To a casual player? This is heresy. They're a visitor, they don't care if they litter a bit. It's not their home, after all.
To a long-time player? It's like seeing a tourist light a tree on fire to "keep themselves warm".
That is to say "balance only affects those who want to truly engage with the game". To all else? It's expendable, so they burn it up and move on.

When you have a buff that quite literally grants Red Crits on ALL SECONDARY SHOTS for doing... some heat damage?
I'd have to ask at that point, why would I use anything else? Why would I use any Melee OR Primary when Secondaries will be that powerful.
Just equipping a Hystrix Prime at that point makes the entire game a joke.

"But you need 5 high-tier shards that requires lots of investment!" Yeah, that's how the game- no... ALL LIVE SERVICE GAMES- have worked and will continue to work as such.
Older things become easier to get. Newer things are the "latest hot". You want your playerbase to get the new thing.
At the same time, you want people to feel like the "new thing" won't be totally undermined by next new thing... because if it's undermined? Just wait until the next 4 or so "new things" and it's a massive jump.

You either need...

• A steady progression of "new things", to keep the player on a nice, neat path.
    • Unfortunately, this comes at the cost of most "new content" being either made for newbies (thus being underpowered) OR made for the "late game" which is hard to market.
    • It's not impossible to sustain, but it requires a lot more tact towards balance.
      • DE does not do this, as a heads up so there's no shock later.
  • "New things" being up to player's usage of them.
    • This however requires a lot of equipment being on relatively the same page. Sometimes raising the power ceiling slowly to keep interest.
    • However, this one can lead to a lot of exploitation and chaos if left unchecked. It's also more common to see this in PvP games.
      • DE does have a lot of equipment with this idea, but does not fully execute it properly.

"Investment" in this game really just boils down to "how much do I want this?" and "how easy is it to get?"
If it's as easy as "clear a mission" and you have no difficult clearing said mission... is it really that big of an investment?
You're just playing the average game at that point. This is nothing new, we've been doing since the 1980's and I wasn't even physically existing at that time!
1990's? More so there, but I ain't giving exact ranges. This is the internet after all!~

Often, balance needs one to understand the game on multiple levels.
If you "don't see the issue"? That might be why.
... but sadly, I can only half blame you because DE is infamous for telling new players literally nothing about their game.
The only saving grace is the Wiki team, bless their efforts.

1 hour ago, -4-lexatrop said:

Oh look paladins talking how they are furiously protecting the game balance whwn power creep in warframe goes that high that everyone cap farm lvl cap enemies witout any rivens on daily and the when incarnons just cleaning ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING

I remember waaaaay back when Self-Damage was a thing and Shield-Gating wasn't even a concept in DE's head.

I'm kinda proud of myself for even getting to 3 hours in a Survival with Valkyr.
We didn't have Parazons either, so I couldn't res my Sentinel no matter what. I HAD to stay in my 4 otherwise it was an instant death.
... nowadays, you could actually just AFK farm to level cap and nothing would change.

It's almost like the enjoyment of a product directly correlated to how much the player could engage with the game.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the REAL REASON that DE's mysterious problem of "players weren't getting past the Second Dream" was because the story only really happens when you get past Uranus. HALFWAY THROUGH THE STARCHART.

For perspective? Imagine if you were playing a JRPG and it's just a LITERAL GRIND for the first half of the 300 hour game!
That's 150 hours of fighting the same early-game rabbit. A little under a week of killing fodder units just to get to the actual plot.
Gameplay balance is not "power creeping the hell out of the game", that's just DE being ignorant to the actual problem of their own making.

People wonder why I get on DE's case. Maybe it's because all their problems ARE OF THEIR OWN DESIGN.
... and it's not even like they're trying to solve them to make some "do-good" style profit. They're just confused on it.

If they took a step back, really looked at the game as whole? Maybe the reason people are leaving is because the early game is empty.
Gee, DE. Maybe like... I dunno, put a Tutorial there and NOT rework Vor's Prize for the 5th time. Face it, it's a garbage quest. Move on.
Until that time, I'm going to keep hitting DE on the head (metaphorically) until they learn the problem isn't balancing the game. It's balancing their hyperfixations.

1 hour ago, ShogunGunshow said:

You're getting upset that you can't equip some shards that would give you an effect ACTUALLY LITERALLY OVER 8x STRONGER THAN ARCANE AVENGER.

I'm just here thinking that not even DE knows what they were doing with these shards.

My opinion is only reinforced as they keep trying to push and pry the buffs into some way as to "fix" them.
Like they weren't finished to begin with.

... Like they weren't finished to begin with.
... LIKE THEY WEREN'T FINISHED TO BEGIN WITH.

Yeah, that checks out for power creep.

1 hour ago, ItsAlLily said:

Seeing the boss slow down to a crawl is the only enjoyment I have left for the grind and now it's taken away from me too, please revert this

As someone who is sick and tired of bosses being cheesed into oblivion?

Don't revert it. In fact? Double down. Make it faster.
I want people to remember the thrills they can had when a boss meant business.

... And y'know... not whatever pushovers half the bosses are and DEFINATELY not the headache the other half are.

46 minutes ago, Do_High_Go said:

Guess these things are going to remain bugged for the entire holidays YEY.

Holidays? Only the holidays?
Mighty optimistic there.

47 minutes ago, Do_High_Go said:

from my personal experience, that the blue balls that are inside the boss are what is a headshot, not the goofy looking head at the top

I always assumed the Murmur's weak spots were the Void-Energy limbs.
I've seen a lot of "abstract" enemies across all sorts of games. Usually the logic behind those are that you wanna shoot something related to it's context.

So for the Murmur? It made sense that the limbs were the weak point. They attack, defense and move with them. Often reacting if you do shoot them.
Much like how a Corpus Crewman has their helmets pop off or how Nullifiers have their drone to disable the bubble. Usually there's a visual "clue" on what to hit.

So the "Big Balls of Blue" being the weak point there? It's a likely guess.

... if all else, rule of thumb: They're not humanoid, so they're gonna be weird to shoot to begin with. It's safe to assume a "head" wouldn't be the... "head" if that makes sense.

1 minute ago, L0rd_Nightmare said:

throwing the glaive and pressing middle mouse or whatever you have bound to heavy attack (or is it alt-fire?) makes it detonate as expected.

Alt-Fire when paired with a Secondary (does not work at the moment.) or Heavy Attack when wielded on it's own.

Honestly, Glaives are one of the reasons I can't help but wonder why those two buttons are seperate.
... I have guesses as to why, but never enough to be certain.

Oh well!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aer_Wolf said:

1. They shouldn't, completely breaks the reason archon shards exist, they meant for nice little additions to warframe builds or to reach some break points, not to completely make any weapon so overpowered

2. DE don't owe you anything, if that is how they want their game played, that is how they are going to make their game.

If flat added crit breaks why shards exist for that reason then emerald shards break that too since with just 2 of em you now give any warframe extremely easy access to full armor strip for 2 non tau emerald shards, or in some cases now make frames like saryn and hydroid really powerful since now their kits just innately armor strip whole hordes with ease which I'd argue is way more broken than what the topaz were doing. Id prefer if topaz shards got reverted to being a flat added crit chance since its a bit mroe interesting to build with but it would be reasonable to tone down the bonus, maybe just make the bonus the same values as reds but just make them additive instead of multiplicative so then sure having 5 tau topaz could still give 187.5 final crit but given how expensive and time consuming it would be to get 5 of those tau shards on one frame let alone enough to have several on multiple frames I think would be fine especially if emeralds get to exist like how they currently do.

3 hours ago, -4-lexatrop said:

Bring back topaz 375% flat red crits

as much as i loved this being a thing it was honestly absurd how much crit it was. I think it would be fine if they were changed back to being flat crit again but make it 25% flat crit per shard then 37.5 per tau then make it so you still have to get the kills on enemies affected by heat but make it so it only adds .5% and .75% per kill then. It's then the same numbers as red shards but then one is multiplicative and the other is final.

29 minutes ago, Binket_ said:
  •  

"Investment" in this game really just boils down to "how much do I want this?" and "how easy is it to get?"

If it's as easy as "clear a mission" and you have no difficult clearing said mission... is it really that big of an investment?
You're just playing the average game at that point. This is nothing new, we've been doing since the 1980's and I wasn't even physically existing at that time!
1990's? More so there, but I ain't giving exact ranges. This is the internet after all!~

... but sadly, I can only half blame you because DE is infamous for telling new players literally nothing about their game.

... And y'know... not whatever pushovers half the bosses are and DEFINATELY not the 

In year 9. It is DE's fault for telling us our investments don't matter, through action.

At any point they can and will change, nerf or remove whatever they want, regardless of investment.

I simply do not care. I play solo, i hated the cyst and helminth from day one, i do not interact with it.

I hate steel path and bullet sponges, if it takes more than 3 shots i need new strategies, kill em in their sleep, car bomb, etc. Bored immediately by it.

If we've been sabotaging them Everyday for a decade, how do they keep evolving? what is the point? i'm over it. 

We have archwings and railjacks but keep letting the boil hit the planet lmao... the plot has been lost.

if people want to nuke the map, let em, all that leveling and formaing isn't free, i'm not doing it lol. I was op for standard content years ago and simply have no interest in sponge content.

I dont have the "merit is acquisition" or "i worked hard so everyone else needs to" bug... I like work, have a seat if you want to, imo, the bad vibes of disinterest dont help anybody.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aer_Wolf said:

2. DE don't owe you anything, if that is how they want their game played, that is how they are going to make their game.

I disagree in this specific instance. People who fused topaz shards and slotted this stat pre-adjustment should have the topazes removed and then refunded their input shards.

It's too drastic of a mechanic change on something that was hyped up, touted, given, and then altered without warning or recourse - all at the loss of extremely rare resources.

For what its worth, I haven't slotted any of this particular stats so my perspective comes from someone entirely unaffected.

• Like 1

2 часа назад, Do_High_Go сказал:

Думаю, эти вещи будут прослушиваться в течение всех праздников, ДА.

Что касается второй проблемы, то по своему личному опыту я почти уверен, что синие шары внутри босса - это выстрел в голову, а не глуповато выглядящая голова наверху. Я постоянно получаю выстрелы в голову по яйцам, о чем свидетельствуют срабатывающие там заряды инкарнона и арканы, но не по физической голове. Хорошее эмпирическое правило, приятель, всегда целиться по яйцам.

Насколько DE нацелен на нас, оставляя двойное владение без подслушивания до следующего года.... На данный момент я задаюсь вопросом, почему оно вообще существует? Если оно не работает должным образом, просто отключите его, если вам не хватает навыков правильного программирования. Мне это нравится, но, как бы сильно я это ни делал, я предпочитаю, чтобы двойное владение не было чем-то особенным, а не игрой в этом механическом чистилище.

Наверняка следующее исправление не будет таким же коротким, в нем снова будет только перекрестное сохранение, верно? ВЕРНО?

Here's the joke, blue balls are not always possible to hit, they open only during some attacks, and the top of the head is always open, but it's more difficult to get into it, and most importantly, there is this strange bug with it, when shots just fly through without damage, I think this is not normal that's why I mentioned this problem.

14 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Cross Platform Save Fixes:

• Fixed the inability to Merge your Console account if you had to make a new PC Account after the November 24th cut-off date in order to Merge.

• If you encountered the issue and did not link the accounts, the website should now say the accounts will be merged

• If you encountered the issue and did link the accounts, please contact support

• Fixed some Merged accounts not getting various Quest inboxes which resulted in an inability to start the Quests.

• Fixed Helminth abilities from the merged account being unlocked on the Primary Account. Helminth abilities are determined by the chosen Primary Account.

So I ran into an issue with the companion app. When I went to view my arsenal my grimoire is not showing. Will the hotfix fix this issue. Sorry for how broad my question is. 

Edited by Shadow21657854
Typo

2 hours ago, DezerayTwT said:

Here's the joke, blue balls are not always possible to hit, they open only during some attacks, and the top of the head is always open, but it's more difficult to get into it, and most importantly, there is this strange bug with it, when shots just fly through without damage, I think this is not normal that's why I mentioned this problem.

Fair, they are a timed mechanic.

I don't know how you managed to quote me in Russian, since I'm neither Russian nor did I ever write in that language that I barely understand. Now That is real funny 🤣

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OfPowerOfWant said:

In year 9. It is DE's fault for telling us our investments don't matter, through action.

At any point they can and will change, nerf or remove whatever they want, regardless of investment.

... I mean, yeah. You kinda have to expect that.

It's a live-service game. In order to change the game for it to go another day, it has to... well... change.

Your weapon won't always stay at the top percent of all things forever.
I'd say that due to Warframe being easy? You can use anything you want.
... which is- ironically enough- contradictory to how people want to use their gear.
Using only a handful of "comfy" picks that are excessively lazy.

I can very easily imagine that this community would use anything BUT the best gear if the game was difficult.
A complete inversion of what it was before, but the same lack of logic.

Weapons will change, Warframes will change, the game will change.
If you expected anything else, that fault is yours alone.

I simply do not care. I play solo

Weird choice in a multiplayer game, especially since there's better candidates as a substitute.
ULTRAKILL immediately comes to mind.

I play this game because no others like it have multiplayer.
If that's a good thing or not is just a matter of perspective, I'd say no.

I hate steel path and bullet sponges, if it takes more than 3 shots i need new strategies, kill em in their sleep, car bomb, etc. Bored immediately by it.

If you want mindless destruction, look on the mobile market.
Than again, since Warframe is getting a (dreadful) mobile port? I guess they're one step ahead.

The Mobile Gaming Market is known for the most brainless, most scummy and most crude forms of entertainment known to man.
If you just wanna stare at a spiral and pretend everything's fine? This... really isn't the genre for it-- let alone game.

Shooters are (usually) known for their precision, putting focus on a user's ability to execute a certain task.
Some even take it a step further and reward the player for mastering mechanics to perform at the best. Be it optional bonuses, style gauges, etc.

Take the "ability to play" away and it's just a glorified point and click adventure game.
... and even some of those tend to have some form of cognitive thought in the form of puzzles.

Don't get me wrong, I think Steel Path is hot garbage too-- but it's for different reasons. Mainly that it doesn't DO anything special, just inflate more useless stats on things.
I mocked 5 years back when I was newbie and I'm mocking it now. Game needs unique challenges and they can do that without artificially stamping everything full of +Armor.
Namely, changing the formula of which those missions were carried out.
Make Exterminates challenging by rapidly draining their health, forcing the player to act quick.
... or hell, give some enemies "Thermal Goggles" in it so that users are detected, even when Invisible. Prompting players to adjust as SOME enemies still fight.

Keep the normal chart the same, that's fine. "Steel Path" was supposed to reward players who wanted to go the extra mile, all it does now is just inflate stats.

If we've been sabotaging them Everyday for a decade, how do they keep evolving? what is the point? i'm over it. 

I imagine in terms of lore? The Tenno do not revisit these nodes every single day.

So it's more of an isolated thing for lore and only revisited for content.
Think of it like replaying a level in a platformer:

As far as the game is concerned? You've cleared it so the story is already told.
Going back simply replays any cutscenes or event triggers as if you're temporarily in THAT portion of the story.
Some other games do play around with this notion- be it for actual plot or Easter eggs- but most follow that formula of how "replays" work.

... still doesn't really make the game any less stale though.

We have archwings and railjacks but keep letting the boil hit the planet lmao... the plot has been lost.

Warframe had a story?

Jokes aside, the plot was lost the minute DE stopped recording events that happened and let the Wiki do that.
So far as I care? There is no plot to begin with. It's just whatever scraps DE has left to continue from last time and trying to scramble them into place.

... to varying effect, as one would expect.

if people want to nuke the map, let em, all that leveling and formaing isn't free

... okay, I'mma be blunt?

I don't know how newbies even stand playing anything with some players running around with Sundertania leaving not even a container to break open.
I find it obnoxious and I have been playing this game for 5 years. It wasn't fun with Atterax, it wasn't fun with Bramma and it's not fun now.

If DE is gonna slam a bunch of fodder units into a single room? There better be enough for everyone.
... which either requires an insane amount of processing power to manage that many enemies OR a severe downscale of our power.

Like it or not? The latter is the only one there that is within the confines of reality.
Even IF we have the tech for the former, it's certainly not public yet.

When you level something? You get MR. That's your bare minimum met, anything more is on you.
When you use a Forma? You have to accept that it's a consumable and WILL become useless if you no longer use the item in question.
It's why when players get to the point where they accumulate way too much Forma? (Usually end-tier players)
They just dump it on random things. They can't give them out, so they find a different use to make it fun.

It sucks when your favorite weapon no longer works the best. I know it does-- I'm still furious that DE won't add an Auto-Melee toggle!
WOULD BE NICE, WOULDN'T IT DE?!! MAYBE YOU SHOULD DO THAT.
... anyway, point is that while may become lesser in power? They're almost always still "usable" in some capacity.

Truth of the matter is: There are only a few small handful of weapons that can't fit the "Everything can clear [CONTENT]" mantra.
Those weapons are usually ones like Stug. Ones with so low killing potential that it's a joke.
Usually joke weapons aren't supposed to be used. They're intentionally bad for the sake of either example of brevity.
A way to say "Yeah, things might be bad... but we CAN make it worse." and showing how bad it can get.

Would Stug getting an upgrade be cool? I guess.
Would it ruin the joke status? Yeah.
Would it stay memorable without such status? Probably not.

Warframe is game. A MULTIPLAYER game.
It is unique in the fact that everything- minus a few VERY EVIDENT outliers- can kill in any content.
... it's up to the player to discern how, why and when to use ANY portion of the arsenal they get.
If they choose to do it to a degree that causes problems? Be it insufficient effort or too much effort so that it ruins the game for others?

The game SHOULD change in response.
If people are abusing elevators, a time-limit is imposed so that people are not waiting for it to come back.
If people are abusing a specific ability for a clearly overpowered purpose? It will most likely get nerfed as punishment for over relying on it.
If people are abusing a weapon to obstruct or even halt progression? It will most likely be changed to prevent people from doing that.

Failure to do such is failure on the devs.
We have a LOT of those failures, which is why I look at DE with disdain. It's one thing to be incapable on such things.
It's another to fully acknowledge it, have the resources to fix it and say "Meh, it'll solve itself."
DE needs to address it's community's knack for being lazy, else the problems roots further.

5 hours ago, OfPowerOfWant said:

"i worked hard so everyone else needs to"

Easing work on people is one thing. That's the whole reason for worker's rights to begin with.
Getting reward for literally doing nothing is another. One of which undermines any reason to HAVE effort to begin with.

You cannot have nice things if nobody works for them.
You cannot have nice things if there's too much work to get them.
You ABSOLUTELY cannot have nice things if we ignore either side of it.

I never tell people that they "need to suffer like I did"-- I ran Fortuna's Profit Taker bounties on a cruddy laptop when they came out.
Barely an Internet connection, single-digit FPS, no Shield-Gating and I was stubborn enough still to use Volt. I managed to get through it anyway.

Would I want people to go through that sheer amount of effort? No, that actually gave me a genuine massive headache whenever I had to go to Fortuna.
Do I think people can do a little better than press Mesmer Skin once and than complain when they into a very obvious Nullifier?
Yes, I'm asking for them to do the bare minimum. That shouldn't HAVE to be asked.

When I say "Work for your power", I mean actually try to play the game in a way that requires you to do more than a single button a minute.
Ember having her gauge overflowing to drain energy, making her casts a balancing act.
Gyre being infamously squishy, but high offense to make use of IF you can work around it.
Nekros needing to keep an eye on his resources to keep not only him, but his minions alive as well.

These are varying degrees of how a Warframe works. All of them require something being done.
Unfortunately- as of right now- a player could also just pick Revenant and sit there for a solid minute or two and taking no damage.
There's a multitude of ways to play the game, but some CLEARLY are a little excessive.

I've heard Reb herself actually issued the Mesmer Skin buff and that's uhhh...
Yeah, that's not picking favorites at all. In that case, Volt's my favorite Reb-- can we make the entire game around him specifically?
Don't actually. I'm not selfish, I'd rather the game be fun for everyone-- including me. Not just "Warframe's current head honcho".

5 hours ago, OfPowerOfWant said:

the bad vibes of disinterest dont help anybody.

The entire community gives off horrible vibes of a cult-- but I put that aside to focus on something else.
I'm more focused on the practical. What's here, what has been done and what can be done. What is Warframe and what do we want it to become?
My "opinions" are usually designed to be reasoned with. Not to contest others.
I give feedback based on what I've seen, how I've seen it and what it will become.

I may not like the community in the slightest- as all I see are facsimiles of humans pretending to have a mind- but I do humor your thoughts and opinions.
I may not agree with other's opinions, but I do acknowledge they exist. Often with a "Okay, but here's something to consider".
I take the time to reply- annoyed as I am- because I do want things to better.

If there's no discussion, the alternative is blind servitude and I do not trust my fellow humans to do that well.
History backs me up on that one, the history of humans is a bloody and messy one.
Built on the simple premise that we cannot wield the one thing that set us apart from the common animal.

Communication.
It's a wonderful thing.

Use your words, before you lose them.

2 hours ago, Do_High_Go said:

I don't know how you managed to quote me in Russian, since I'm neither Russian nor did I ever write in that language that I barely understand.

Oh no, the DE spaghetti code has invaded them too!! We're doomed!

... jokes aside, I assume they're using a translator and when they quoted you? It stayed.
Probably quoted you in their native language first and than translated their reply back.

Given the proficiency in English from what I've seen, most likely manually.
Credit where it's due, second language proficiency is something to proud of.

• Like 1

13 часов назад, ShogunGunshow сказал:

All the keyboard slamming in the world isn't going to change the fact that you're wrong, and I'm right. Flat crit is a limited stat for a reason. You're getting upset that you can't equip some shards that would give you an effect ACTUALLY LITERALLY OVER 8x STRONGER THAN ARCANE AVENGER.

You are being fundamentally unserious. There's power creep, and then there's just stupidity. What you're arguing for would unambiguously be the latter.

DEbuff mesa every single year it s just a matter of time that she same unmbers and same crits as from flat topaz shards and you know on yourself that powercreep in this game is already broken just trying to provoke further from the start.

Again:
Could you look at the "Melee with Fire Weapon Input" toggle?
The currently working method is too fiddly, because when using quick melee, I end up accidentally using melee when I actually wanted to shoot, so that's a no-go for me.

A solution would be, to set another toggle / let the actual toggle be modified, which only activates, when you hold ALT to get the melee weapon right into your hands 'without a firearm in hand'.

--

What also came to my attention is this:

N3X8TL.jpg

yH.gif

The weapon itself can have Punch Through added with Mods, but no Punch Through is to be found on it's actual stats.
I've tested it in simulacrum and Punsh Through is not working on it; so… why?

• Like 7

13 часов назад, Binket_ сказал:
  • Ctrl + F
  • Realize this hotfix is tiny as hell and it's not needed.
  • Proceed to check for Auto-Melee Toggle.
  • None.

"Who's ready for Round 13? Give it up for Round 13 of this hellish gauntlet we call 'Feedback'!!
Get your popcorn, soda your drinks! We're gonna be here a while..."

Now, for the regular replies to existing commentary. Since I've added my own now.

I was thinking about this just yesterday, as I was playing Volt and kinda wanted to shift some abilities around.
It's kinda annoying, actually.

I dunno... they seem to really like buffing things like Revenant's Mesmer Skin for literally no good reason.
If the casuals cry their little coward tears a bit more that they can't press "W" for more than 3 seconds without the "Big Ouchie" happening?
DE clearly has to cater to 'em and give the big broken rock candy again.

Tale as old as DE itself, but just as stale.

I mean... to some perspectives? Maybe.

On another, they're building a video game. The whole purpose of such is to "entertain".
In doing so, they get money... at least, that's ideally how it works.

"Ideally" was a few years ago when microtransactions weren't considered mandatory for basic gameplay.
So, really. I guess you are right. DE doesn't owe us anything, because we can't pin anything on them.
People buy garbage, so DE produces garbage.

I don't really agree with the shards giving such a massive amount of flat crit... at the same time? It IS DE's job to do better.
I wanna be productive in the game, so hard it's to enjoy the "new update" when I'm roadblocked from it via daily timers AND people being lazy enough to ruin the mission for me.
A Multiplayer game should not make me feel like breaking my team's spines and doing it myself is a better option. Period.

If we could do that? We wouldn't be in such an ungodly mess like this to begin with.

• Maiming Strike would've been nerfed properly first before fixing melee.
    • Channeling would've actually been a usable function.
      • It only suffered because it had no good mods and cost too much, let's be real here.
    • Heavy Attacks existed before that in the form of "Charge Attacks". Don't remember them? I do, I was there.
      • You held the button down and it did a Heavy Attack.
      • Pretty sure the current Heavy Attack button actually just overwrites the button for Channeling.
      • Meaning they really just scrapped it instead of actually fixing the big issue at the time. Maiming Strike blending entire rooms singlehandedly.
  • Self-Damage would've had a limit on how much one singular shot could do to you, to hold back on AoE weapons being so dominant without outright crippling them.
    • You know why people say "Warframe players can't aim"? It's because we used to do so. Quite well, actually.
    • Unfortunately, years of using the Bramma and other "4th of July's Illegal Fireworks" doesn't exactly do aim justice.
    • ... and let's be real here. Self-Stagger is an awful joke.
  • Warframes would at least have to DO SOMETHING to be invincible, rather than a single button press negating the entire game.
    • Revenant used to be "okay" in my books because his Mesmer Skin wasn't truly so broken.
    • In a vacuum? His invincibility was good, sure. In practice? A crowd could easily shred through it.
    • ... so what do you do? You use Enthrall on stunned targets, you let it spread as much as you can and Reave to recover the charges.
    • It was a manner of measuring your invincibility. It was EARNED if done correctly.
    • Now there's a grace period, so I guess all of Revenant's kit it "press 2 once and maybe your subsume once in a blue moon."
    • Disgraceful. 
  • Archons and such wouldn't need to be layered under 15 types of defenses and mathematical formulas just to avoid being one shot.
    • Like...  guys. There's a reason DE HAD to put those on.
    • Even WITH the defenses? It still got one-shot. We are quite literally incapable of being challenged to a decent degree.
    • Not without the boss being equally powerful, which DE has only done ONCE and it was with THIS VERY UPDATE... as a secret optional boss.
    • Credit where it's due, DE. It is a good boss, but it's not enough to make the game as a whole satisfying.

And like? These are just a few I care to mention. There are quite literally hundreds more and I could go on and on and on... but I'm lucky if people even read this far to begin with.
If you (reader) are still reading and not skimming? Thank you! You actually care to put in the effort, so I applaud you.

Balance was always leaning on the "broken to a fault" side of things.
That's not to say "broken" is bad. Just take a look at the "Bravely Default" series-- the strategies you can come up with there are absolutely insane.
... but the game rewards for getting creative. It WANTS you to find new ways to break it.
It KNOWS that it'd get boring if you kept spamming the same strategy over and over and built ways to slowly encourage you- by punishment or reward- to adapt new strategies.

Personally? In the "Bravely Second" game, I loved using the Bishop's "Benevolence" magic to give MP to another target.
Using Wizard's perk to augment spells? I made it a "Wall" spell that casts the magic whenever the one buffed with it is struck.
Cast that on an enemy and every physical attack became an MP steal as well. To the point where- with enough hits- you could drain the boss to a point where it couldn't do anything.
... and EVEN STILL with full MP-drain? They found ways around it. Usually by the enemies also getting creative.

There is no excuse for the level of disarray this game is in, even Dynasty Warriors got the whole idea of "thousands of fodder units vs. one singular buff dude" right.

Okay, allow me to paint a picture...
*Splashes your screen with Red Paint*
Congrats! That is your game now. A bloody mess.

"Creativity" derives from using what we have in a weird, unorthodox way.
Too much stricture stifles creativity to the point where nothing can happen.
Likewise, too little stricture makes people lazy. Where it takes no creativity to be the best and get by, so nobody bothers to do so.
This isn't even a complex idea. This is a FOUNDING factor of "motivation" since very early humans. To be driven by sin, but not controlled by it. I'd recommend giving it some reflective thoughts if you never tried to before.

It is the sole reason "balance" exists and why power must be earned.
To a casual player? This is heresy. They're a visitor, they don't care if they litter a bit. It's not their home, after all.
To a long-time player? It's like seeing a tourist light a tree on fire to "keep themselves warm".
That is to say "balance only affects those who want to truly engage with the game". To all else? It's expendable, so they burn it up and move on.

When you have a buff that quite literally grants Red Crits on ALL SECONDARY SHOTS for doing... some heat damage?
I'd have to ask at that point, why would I use anything else? Why would I use any Melee OR Primary when Secondaries will be that powerful.
Just equipping a Hystrix Prime at that point makes the entire game a joke.

"But you need 5 high-tier shards that requires lots of investment!" Yeah, that's how the game- no... ALL LIVE SERVICE GAMES- have worked and will continue to work as such.
Older things become easier to get. Newer things are the "latest hot". You want your playerbase to get the new thing.
At the same time, you want people to feel like the "new thing" won't be totally undermined by next new thing... because if it's undermined? Just wait until the next 4 or so "new things" and it's a massive jump.

You either need...

• A steady progression of "new things", to keep the player on a nice, neat path.
    • Unfortunately, this comes at the cost of most "new content" being either made for newbies (thus being underpowered) OR made for the "late game" which is hard to market.
    • It's not impossible to sustain, but it requires a lot more tact towards balance.
      • DE does not do this, as a heads up so there's no shock later.
  • "New things" being up to player's usage of them.
    • This however requires a lot of equipment being on relatively the same page. Sometimes raising the power ceiling slowly to keep interest.
    • However, this one can lead to a lot of exploitation and chaos if left unchecked. It's also more common to see this in PvP games.
      • DE does have a lot of equipment with this idea, but does not fully execute it properly.

I remember waaaaay back when Self-Damage was a thing and Shield-Gating wasn't even a concept in DE's head.

I'm kinda proud of myself for even getting to 3 hours in a Survival with Valkyr.
We didn't have Parazons either, so I couldn't res my Sentinel no matter what. I HAD to stay in my 4 otherwise it was an instant death.
... nowadays, you could actually just AFK farm to level cap and nothing would change.

It's almost like the enjoyment of a product directly correlated to how much the player could engage with the game.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the REAL REASON that DE's mysterious problem of "players weren't getting past the Second Dream" was because the story only really happens when you get past Uranus. HALFWAY THROUGH THE STARCHART.

For perspective? Imagine if you were playing a JRPG and it's just a LITERAL GRIND for the first half of the 300 hour game!
That's 150 hours of fighting the same early-game rabbit. A little under a week of killing fodder units just to get to the actual plot.
Gameplay balance is not "power creeping the hell out of the game", that's just DE being ignorant to the actual problem of their own making.

People wonder why I get on DE's case. Maybe it's because all their problems ARE OF THEIR OWN DESIGN.
... and it's not even like they're trying to solve them to make some "do-good" style profit. They're just confused on it.

If they took a step back, really looked at the game as whole? Maybe the reason people are leaving is because the early game is empty.
Gee, DE. Maybe like... I dunno, put a Tutorial there and NOT rework Vor's Prize for the 5th time. Face it, it's a garbage quest. Move on.
Until that time, I'm going to keep hitting DE on the head (metaphorically) until they learn the problem isn't balancing the game. It's balancing their hyperfixations.

I'm just here thinking that not even DE knows what they were doing with these shards.

My opinion is only reinforced as they keep trying to push and pry the buffs into some way as to "fix" them.
Like they weren't finished to begin with.

... Like they weren't finished to begin with.
... LIKE THEY WEREN'T FINISHED TO BEGIN WITH.

Yeah, that checks out for power creep.

As someone who is sick and tired of bosses being cheesed into oblivion?

Don't revert it. In fact? Double down. Make it faster.
I want people to remember the thrills they can had when a boss meant business.

... And y'know... not whatever pushovers half the bosses are and DEFINATELY not the headache the other half are.

Holidays? Only the holidays?
Mighty optimistic there.

I always assumed the Murmur's weak spots were the Void-Energy limbs.
I've seen a lot of "abstract" enemies across all sorts of games. Usually the logic behind those are that you wanna shoot something related to it's context.

So for the Murmur? It made sense that the limbs were the weak point. They attack, defense and move with them. Often reacting if you do shoot them.
Much like how a Corpus Crewman has their helmets pop off or how Nullifiers have their drone to disable the bubble. Usually there's a visual "clue" on what to hit.

So the "Big Balls of Blue" being the weak point there? It's a likely guess.

... if all else, rule of thumb: They're not humanoid, so they're gonna be weird to shoot to begin with. It's safe to assume a "head" wouldn't be the... "head" if that makes sense.

Alt-Fire when paired with a Secondary (does not work at the moment.) or Heavy Attack when wielded on it's own.

Honestly, Glaives are one of the reasons I can't help but wonder why those two buttons are seperate.
... I have guesses as to why, but never enough to be certain.

Oh well!

Good point.

15 часов назад, Do_High_Go сказал:

Fair, they are a timed mechanic.

I don't know how you managed to quote me in Russian, since I'm neither Russian nor did I ever write in that language that I barely understand. Now That is real funny 🤣

0-0... 0_o

Subject: Issue with Clan Dojo Trading Post: Random Visitors

Hello, Tenno!

I'd like to draw your attention to some inconveniences we've been experiencing in the Clan Dojo, specifically in the Trading Post section. Lately, there has been a peculiar occurrence: completely random individuals are appearing in the list of visitors.

This problem is becoming increasingly noticeable, and it seems that many of us are encountering unfamiliar faces in the Trading Post unexpectedly. This introduces confusion and adds extra complexity to the process of trading and interacting with other clan members.
(sorry I forgot to take screenshots)