Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farewell 2023, see you in 2024!

[DE]Rebecca

Thank you @[DE]Rebecca and the team at DE. You guys keep crushing it. 

It was awesome to not only attend Tennocon but to also say this to you personally at the end of the show. Already have the hotels booked for Tennocon 2024.

I work away from home (2 weeks on/off) and Warframe is one of the few games that runs well while I'm away, it let's me stay in touch with friends and family while I'm gone.

So I personally appreciate what you guys do, you've gotten me through the good times and rough times.

Merry Chirstmas and Happy New Year, best wishes for you and the rest at Digital Extremes for 2024.

Edited by (XBOX)Cram Duahcim
  • Like 2

I love what you're doing with Warframe, @[DE]Rebecca

I've had faith in you from the beginning and I feel more than ever that my faith in you was not misplaced. I know Duviri had its issues, but from my perspective it was an amazing addition to the game and I have enjoyed the heck out of it. Whispers in the Walls is a wonderful story so far (I haven't finished ranking up yet) and more of the gameplay that I've really come to enjoy the most.

TennoCon 2023 was incredible! It was great to see you and the team in person again. Can't wait for TennoCon 2024 (already booked reservations)!

As for my favorite frame of 2023... it's hard to say. They're all great in their own way. Maybe Dagath? Though Qorvex has some fun gameplay. 

I have never stuck with a game as long as I have with Warframe and I can't imagine ever not having it as part of my life. Even when I don't actually play there's always something Warframe in my day. 

Love to the team!

Hard to pick a favorite this year. The big stuff like Duviri and Whispers were great, but I enjoyed a lot of the smaller stuff too. Mirror defense is probably my favorite game mode to come out since the Zariman update last year, and Kullervo and Dagath were both excellent despite dropping in (relatively) minor updates. And of course we also got Wisp and Hildryn Prime, two of my absolute favorites (with trailers!), over the course of this year.

So...yeah, speedbumps aside, I think Warframe had a pretty incredible year. Can't wait to see what next year brings.

Look I get it, every company needs a pat on the back. I'm not here for that. I came back to ensure that WF becomes better.

Right now, warframe needs an objective opinion.  

As I see it we're missing tons of old and new players because of the fact that people can't just jump right in and play new content.

We can listen to the "yes people" all we would like but Warframe wouldn't grow.

It would be the same stuff its been sitting some where in the top 10 mmorpg but not the top mmorpg.

The fact that players have to grind old story is what's hurting the over all populations besides overall long cook times for frames and intermediate parts. That in itself could as well be the main factor.

Many of cook times for intermediate parts are adding to the frustrations of the casuals that just want to farm quickly build quickly and get back to farming.

Then you have the rewards of some quests leading to the unsatisfying feeling of just receiving a blue print and now they have to go craft it .

Many players don't actually calculate the overall wait of 5 days for your full frame minus farming materials and bp's . That's just build time.

The more chance you give someone time to think about playing a new game the more likely they will just go play a different game over opening up their wallets.

Warframe, over the years has gone from feeling rewarding to past a second job where we don't get paid but have to pay out of our pocket for better benefits without it actually benefitting. At that rate I would rather just subscribe or buy expansions .

When you look at the data of server population and player count, you can see that the top ten mmorpg are those that have a subscription base and or paid expansions that bring them forward in content or just the whole game bought.

I believe we could turn this around putting warframe back as #1 mmorpg, if we start catering more to causals. Look at every top mmorpg out there and you'll see one thing in common is you can get in now and play new content.

Duviri and the "risks" you took with it made me quit for about a year.  I hated basically everything about that update except for the incarnon adapters themselves.  The art and sound team did their usual fantastic job, which is why I say "basically" everything other than the adapters.  

And while I did not care for the story in Whispers in the Walls and would really like you guys to stop blasting new characters at us constantly and do something with existing characters, there is at least potential for the direction it went.  I also think all the drop tables for the entire update are horrid.  They look like they were either done last minute by an intern, or like they were done with malicious intent.  They're awful.

But mechanically...  Excellent.  The same basic mechanics as the Zariman area, and I still go back to the Zariman area on purpose, enjoying it, and enjoying the way most of the grind works there.  You actually improved on that as well.  The Zariman had these awful abominations you kept releasing where we had to build weapon parts and then build the weapon, which is out of line with how other weapons in the game work in terms of crafting.  I despised that, and you didn't do that with these weapons.  Which means other than the end of mission/bounty drop tables, the mechanics of the grind here are very satisfying.  The bones of this update were actually really good, and strong, and I'm hoping that you don't just consign this content to the lotus abandon this area like some others.  If the drop tables were improved (by a lot, tbh.) then this would automatically be my favorite update in a long time.

Also, I had massive doubts about 1999, and assumed it was you guys wanting to shoehorn in more non-warframe content.  But after playing it briefly during the quest...  I look forward to more.

• Like 2

This year was amazing. I absolutely love Dagath... Kullervo was also good. The heirlooms is still unaffordable for me wish it could be purchased without the plat and regal aya. The new whispers in the wall skin for the kavat is awesome. Lets me think about the Egyptians. The duviri paradox is still nice, I enjoy the puzzles. The circuit is okay. I will keep an eye out if I can get protea that way because the granum void is not for me. Just like I am struggling with the index quest. Lol

All in all it is a very addicting game with endless possibilities and fun.

Great job Warframe creators!

May you have a blessed New Year.

Happy holidays DE and community.

Finally, Warframe seems to have put its claws firmly into me. Now that I've unlocked the starchart and the story is beginning to pick up I am having a truely great time. It did take me several tries over the years, though.

Account merging is the cherry on the cake for me. Finally being able to consolidate my Playstation and PC accounts is something I have been waiting for for quite a long time.

Here's to a great 2024!

@[DE]Rebecca here's my perspective as a returning player. I haven't really played since 2016. It was pretty overwhelming coming back and finding so much had been added. So many new Warframes, so many new weapons, so many new mods and so many new quests!

The stuff to learn from:
As I had done pretty much all quests way back when, some introductions/explanations were skipped like the Kuva Lich thing. Fortunately I could learn from my partner's mistake and not spawn a thieving Lich lol.
I started The new war quest, thinking Ok 'a couple hours' so two to three? Not really, it was longer and I personally didn't like being locked out of the main game at all. It was my least favourite addition. I get it lore-wise. I disliked it from a practical point of view.
The dojo system made me sadge. Unfortunately this is not a system that has been revamped and I am in the process of destroying everything ever so I can redo the dojo with better infrastructure and handle the space correctly.

It would be great if there was something of a review/update message that touches on a few of the major changes.

The great stuff:
Railjack! How I love thee. Cy is absolutely metal and I love it. The introduction to it was great. Would've loved to see that for other new functionalities. I absolutely loved the score for it too. The song was amazing. Please let us play it in our personal quarters!
Fortuna quests, amazing. The intro was mindblowingly good. The score, again, amazing!
Absolutely love Nora as well! Night wave system is a great way of having a battle pass without the downsides of battle pass.
The open worlds have been confusing, overwhelming and amazing. It's definitely a nice way to change things up!
Octavia, my spirit animal. It's a party everywhere and mandachord is amazing. Whomever came up with the idea, thank you. (this answers your question on fav warframe lol)

Hope this helps! Thanks for this labour of love 💕

On 2023-12-22 at 12:28 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

And of course, with Whispers in the Walls, the mission was clear: begin the future of Warframe’s major story. 

Sure, looking to the future is a valid goal, but there sure is a lot of old content that seems to be just forgotten about, and every future update adds more to the problem