Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Level's to high.

Draconus-Vale

4 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Okay, OP, here's an offer:

While your build is one thing, the grind is another. Do you want some help?

You don't have to go at this alone, and if it's just clearing the nodes so you can go get better mods and farm the rest, then I'll be perfectly willing to help out. Assuming we're online at the same time, just hit me up.

We can clear those nodes, I can talk you through some stuff on Discord, and then you can go on about your merry way ^^

i appreciate it. I'm home al day while i look for work, but currently i'm just trying to re-open steel path and arbitration. the galvanized mods are my current focus, while trying to get my hands on rime rounds >< i'm 14 attemps in, still nada. dumb mod. but aside from that, i'm not eager to do the orokin vaults again, i usually run them solo with all 4 keys lol. not fun.

On 2023-12-23 at 7:57 AM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I noticed your builds lack the Galvanized mods from Arbitration modes as well. You should really get on those as they allow guns to scale a LOT better at higher levels, it really is a night and day level of difference. Rivens and arcanes can help too, it's up to you where you go with those though. Also cosider armor stripping options as well.

for now, consider doing arbitrations, get yourself strong enough for steel path and then when you can, try and get some of the Incarnon Geneses for weapons, they're a HUGE power boost most of the time.

Galvanized mods require OP to finish the Whisper nodes to unlock arbitrations. 

5 hours ago, Zaieed said:

Galvanized mods require OP to finish the Whisper nodes to unlock arbitrations. 

no, i finished all the murmur missions. i just bought my first galvanized though. and will work on my second tomorrow some time. ^_^ thanks though. I'm just dreading the orokin vault grind for some of the other mods i need for the build i found T_T. bonus, finally can build a pure status build, down side....dragon keys T_T

13 hours ago, Draconus-Vale said:

I'm just dreading the orokin vault grind

There are usually groups running vaults from recruiting and sometimes vets just want eyeballs to help find the door and will carry all keys without being too worried if everyone else is. I have started defaulting to taking all 4 just so if I'm the one finding the door there's no waiting for someone else to backtrack.

15 hours ago, Draconus-Vale said:

no, i finished all the murmur missions. i just bought my first galvanized though. and will work on my second tomorrow some time. ^_^ thanks though. I'm just dreading the orokin vault grind for some of the other mods i need for the build i found T_T. bonus, finally can build a pure status build, down side....dragon keys T_T

If you didn't know, there is an Air Support, Orokin Eye. You get it from the Parallax Landing Craft from the Zariman. 

Orokin Eye, you can deploy it and it will mark certain objects for you. Curia, missing Somachords etc within a set radius (Zariman Plumes as well, and even the new tile sets Loca drops). I do mention it here though, because it will also mark the Orokin Vault door too. 

So if that makes those missions easier for you... The range is pretty big, it won't always mark the door though, if its outside the range, but in my experience, the success rate is over 50% and it doesn't really hurt to take it with you. 

Glad to hear you are making solid progress as well. 

On 12/23/2023 at 10:46 AM, Skoomaseller said:

your ignis wraith can take you further, you just need to mod for viral and hunter munitions. 

get your hands on galvanized mods and steel path arcanes too, when you have the chance.

Hunter Munitions does very little on Ignis and they’re running Grendel so no need for Viral with Nourish. Should be pure Heat.

1 hour ago, (PSN)FirmBizkit said:

Hunter Munitions does very little on Ignis and they’re running Grendel so no need for Viral with Nourish. Should be pure Heat.

Useless without armour strip.

1 hour ago, L3512 said:

Useless without armour strip.

grendel has 2 armor strips

3 hours ago, (PSN)FirmBizkit said:

put on another secondary element then. HM is like no brainer if you can fit it on the ignis. If not for the viral slash interaction, then at least for gun CO.

58 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

grendel has 2 armor strips

And?

On 2023-12-23 at 1:41 PM, Draconus-Vale said:

My warframe is good, i have great survivability (and the mods for that aren't maxed ye either! :D yay Inarus!)

Am 23.12.2023 um 08:24 schrieb IggySnow:

I dont think its really his fault. Warframe/DE do an awful job at getting new/older players caught up to speed with new mechanics and things to obtain.

You're just kind of expected to keep up with dev streams and seek external sources for info.

A returning player shouldn't have to come to the forums, or look up guides to figure out how to play the new content.

The internet is full of builds and information. What should DE rather do:
1. Build a nice expansion, put their resources into new tilesets, factions, game modes, but expect every player to spend a couple of minutes to copy + paste a build?

or

2. Take care of returning players, hold their hands so they don't have to use the internet at all?

I hope the answer is clear as crystal. This is beyond ridiculous.... yes, for a new player the game seems to be confusing sometimes, but they already did a lot in this regard and there are a million players who somehow figured it out. Duviri for example is an amazing catch up mechanism and offers lots of end game viable weapons to play the game without any need to touch steel path.

• Like 1

On 2023-12-22 at 8:41 PM, Draconus-Vale said:

Which is fine, except its not.

Warframe is a live service MMO ARPG. The only time a game of this genre would not be evolving with new progression is if there was a severe content drought or simply, a dead game. If this didn't occur there would not be any point in playing the game further then what the ''cap'' once was. I'm surprised by your reaction, usually when I experience that with a game I become very excited and motivated to play :)

Edited by Colldbllue
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

The internet is full of builds and information. What should DE rather do:
1. Build a nice expansion, put their resources into new tilesets, factions, game modes, but expect every player to spend a couple of minutes to copy + paste a build?

or

2. Take care of returning players, hold their hands so they don't have to use the internet at all?

I hope the answer is clear as crystal. This is beyond ridiculous.... yes, for a new player the game seems to be confusing sometimes, but they already did a lot in this regard and there are a million players who somehow figured it out. Duviri for example is an amazing catch up mechanism and offers lots of end game viable weapons to play the game without any need to touch steel path.

why are you phrasing this like its a binary option? DE should be doing both.

And just because you and a bunch of others have survivorship bias, doesn't mean that its not an issue that should be tackled. For every 1 player that plays the game again after 2-3+ years and figures it out by going to the forums or looking up videos, there are probably 10 other players that try to hop back into the game only to be frustrated and quit because they have 0 clue of whats going on or what their next step should be, and its not worth their time when they can go play a different game that isn't asking so much of them.

• Like 1

5小时前 , IggySnow 说:

why are you phrasing this like its a binary option? DE should be doing both.

And just because you and a bunch of others have survivorship bias, doesn't mean that its not an issue that should be tackled. For every 1 player that plays the game again after 2-3+ years and figures it out by going to the forums or looking up videos, there are probably 10 other players that try to hop back into the game only to be frustrated and quit because they have 0 clue of whats going on or what their next step should be, and its not worth their time when they can go play a different game that isn't asking so much of them.

This. DE did a really poor job in explaining anything to players, from gameplay to lore. 

Things should get better now when Reb is in charge because she plays the game. Just look at void reactant buff and all the buff icons - how many years does it take for DE to implement a simple UI explaining how they work? 10 years. Think about it.

And DE thought a new intro cinematic and taking away MR requirement will help with player retention. No. I would say a lot of hand holding is necessary. DE should install something like chatGPT to Ordis so players can get answer directly in-game and that measure would still not be sufficient.

12 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

1st paragraph mentions Grendel.

MF's don't read anymore?

On 2023-12-23 at 1:41 PM, Draconus-Vale said:

i have no idea how to play this new dlc, outside of my old way of fighting high level enemies. Play grendal, eat them, spit them into the void/off ledges.

2 hours ago, RichardKam said:

This. DE did a really poor job in explaining anything to players, from gameplay to lore. 

Things should get better now when Reb is in charge because she plays the game. Just look at void reactant buff and all the buff icons - how many years does it take for DE to implement a simple UI explaining how they work? 10 years. Think about it.

And DE thought a new intro cinematic and taking away MR requirement will help with player retention. No. I would say a lot of hand holding is necessary. DE should install something like chatGPT to Ordis so players can get answer directly in-game and that measure would still not be sufficient.

DE doesn't need a weird AI to teach players. they just need to make an actual tutorial that actually teaches players the basics. Like they need to force you to open the arsenal by having ordis say

"please go the the indicated location on the ship. this is called the arsenal" "now select your warframe and select the upgrade option" "This is the modding screen, everything can be modded by dragging the mods on the bottom of the screen into the empty slots above" "mods have a cost to install them into gear. You can see how many mod points your gear has left by looking here *highlights the mod points*" " you can increase the amount of mod points your gear has by leveling up your gear, up to a maximum of 30. If you wish to invest further into your gear, you can install a catalyst or reactor to double the amount of mod points available" "you can obtain catalysts and reactors by doing _____, ____, or purchasing them from the market", etc, etc. All while forcing you to follow along by installing certain mods, applying a free reactor to your starting frame, etc.

And do that for literally every one of the basic mechanics of the game, like the mod inventory, companions, foundry, navigation, helminth (once its unlocked), codex, etc. And there should be a little "?" icon on every screen that lets you go through the tutorial again should you ever need to. Yes it is very hand holdy, but warframe is a game that desperately needs to hold new players hands for a while, because there is just WAY too much stuff going on for new players to understand.

The amount of times iv seen a new player start the game and be just completely overwhelmed because they have been taught literally no information on even the most basic mechanics is infuriating, all because DE has refused to implement an actual proper tutorial, not just for the basics of the game, but even for new mechanics that are added. Where if you dont read the patch notes, or watch dev streams, then you're just S#&amp;&#036; out of luck.

And when it comes to returning players, there really should be something similar to the "update #__" button in the start menu. But instead its a "Since you last played" button that gives you a brief summery of all the updates that have dropped since you last played, how to access those updates, some of the rewards for for doing the content in those updates, and a link to the full patch notes for each update they missed. It would give returning players a good idea of what they have missed, and how to catch up, without forcing them to come to the forums to ask the community, or look up all the patch notes on the wiki.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

what's the issue here?

I think what the other user is trying to imply, at least to my interpretation... Is that whilst OP did mention Grendel, they did mention their old way of playing, which was quite specific too, in eating and spitting them off edges. Which Grendel can't really do the same way since rework, depends and relies on the tile set having edges anyway. That and OP also later mentioned playing Inaros now. 

Not sure why they couldn't be more direct but eh. Also in fairness to you, it was another user that emphasised not needing Viral because "OP running Grendel" you recommended it originally. Probably because of its synergy with hunter munitions and slash. 

Hope that helps clear up stuff. 

In fairness to everyone, a lot of what you are all saying is pretty accurate, just depends on what OP actually ends up using and running and that sort of context. Which changes. 

Which is why OP would benefit a lot from building up their own knowledge of various interactions and being able to theory craft a bit more. Like they are in the process of improving, in one month they may not be playing either Grendel or Inaros, they might be playing a Nourish Styanax, that they find far far tankier, because despite not having the health stats of Inaros, is able to replenish Overguard and shield gate etc but those being things OP may not be familiar with. Then they might be running a beam incarnon, which shares a lot of the advice that would be towards Ignis Wraith. OP having the knowledge to then know how their builds on weapons may change depending on the synergy with an ability, will help so much. Though certain weapons and Warframe can brute force a bit more, such knowledge tends to benefit weaker set ups (which OP seems more interested in, hence they can either invest in gaining such knowledge, if they want to avoid going with the top meta picks, or, temporarily use them in the mean time, to progress whilst building up new knowledge and understanding.)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

what's the issue here?

1 hour ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Not sure why they couldn't be more direct but eh. Also in fairness to you, it was another user that emphasised not needing Viral because "OP running Grendel" you recommended it originally. Probably because of its synergy with hunter munitions and slash.

How is this not obvious? A player recommended running a heat Ignis W instead of viral munitions, I responded that unless they had an armour strip that that was not a great idea for SP.

To which someone said "grendel has 2 armor strips"

Problem is that the OP is not using Grendel.

"My warframe is good, i have great survivability (and the mods for that aren't maxed ye either! :D yay Inarus!) "

I point this out "OP is not running Grendel so they can't make use of the two armour strips."

Only to get this

"1st paragraph mentions Grendel."

So the Issue here is that the OP is not using Grendel so no one cares about the armour strip it has. that's like randomly taking about how Trinity has multiple forms of heals when a player is using Ivara for invisibility.

15 minutes ago, L3512 said:

How is this not obvious?

It is obvious to me, but whats also obvious to me, is that many players don't necessarily read the Warframe forums every thread with their utmost focus and concentration. Which means it can be easy for them to see Grendel mentioned a few times, and overlook that later OP talks about using Inaros as well. Whats obvious to some, isn't always obvious to others.

So sometimes people just need context, like saying "Yes, OP mentioned Grendel, but later on their post they talk about Inaros, therefore" and so on. If you just tell them something isn't relevant, they might not necessarily have that context. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, L3512 said:

How is this not obvious? A player recommended running a heat Ignis W instead of viral munitions, I responded that unless they had an armour strip that that was not a great idea for SP.

To which someone said "grendel has 2 armor strips"

Problem is that the OP is not using Grendel.

"My warframe is good, i have great survivability (and the mods for that aren't maxed ye either! :D yay Inarus!) "

I point this out "OP is not running Grendel so they can't make use of the two armour strips."

Only to get this

"1st paragraph mentions Grendel."

So the Issue here is that the OP is not using Grendel so no one cares about the armour strip it has. that's like randomly taking about how Trinity has multiple forms of heals when a player is using Ivara for invisibility.

Think it’s also the fact that OP has Grendel, and can thus use Grendel for armor strip. If you say you need armor strip, and someone brings up how OP mentioned having a Warframe with armor strip, don’t you think that’s beneficial information?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Malikili said:

Think it’s also the fact that OP has Grendel, and can thus use Grendel for armor strip. If you say you need armor strip, and someone brings up how OP mentioned having a Warframe with armor strip, don’t you think that’s beneficial information?

Or they could run the frame that they want and still have a viable Ignis W build.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, L3512 said:

Or they could run the frame that they want and still have a viable Ignis W build.

True true, in which case heat and corrosive would work well with Ignis Wraith