The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hub areas and their sizes

Alguien

Look, I want to start by saying DE has great artists, both concept and 3d ones, and the hubs look fantastic
But could you maybe put the bounty giver next to the door next time, just like Konzu and Eudico are next to it? Quinn and Fibonacci being on the other side of the hub is why that teleport ball needs to exist in the first place. Maybe I am the only one annoyed so let me rant a little.
I give you an image of the problem:
image.png

• Like 5

Backdoors I'd say is the worst in this regard. Watch an opening cinematic, then go through one door then go through another door. And then wait for the orb mother to spawn after loading into open world. Worst part about that mission to me.

Sanctum is small and there is a teleport orb, which quite frankly should spawn you in the elevator not where the NPC should be.

30 minutes ago, trst said:

But why would it matter where they sit when they already solved the issue with the teleport portals?

The teleporter is a band-aid fix to an issue they put on themselves by making the Sanctum contain so much wasted space. And as already pointed out, why is Tagfer right next to the door, and not the fish who gives you the main bounties

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

The teleporter is a band-aid fix to an issue they put on themselves by making the Sanctum contain so much wasted space. And as already pointed out, why is Tagfer right next to the door, and not the fish who gives you the main bounties

It also applies to the Chrysalith too, Hombask is next to the mission elevator while Quinn is on the other side because...I want to buy a chair after every mission?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pakaku said:

Yeah but it makes sense for Tagfer to be away from the rest of the characters given his demeanor and trying to keep quiet about why he wants you to go to the Netracells while Fib is stuck in a fish bowl. So there locations do make sense in that regard.

19 minutes ago, Voltage said:

It would improve the flow of gameplay. It's really that simple.

Would it though? Even if the two characters in the sanctum were swapped around it'd take longer to then walk down the hall to the exit than it currently does to take the teleport.

6 minutes ago, trst said:

Yeah but it makes sense for Tagfer to be away from the rest of the characters given his demeanor and trying to keep quiet about why he wants you to go to the Netracells while Fib is stuck in a fish bowl. So there locations do make sense in that regard.

This is the biggest cope. Tagfer and Fibonacci should both be right next to the door since they offer missions/bounties. Nobody would care if they sat next to each other if it meant they were both at the door.

6 minutes ago, trst said:

Would it though? Even if the two characters in the sanctum were swapped around it'd take longer to then walk down the hall to the exit than it currently does to take the teleport.

Flow =/= Least time spent. It would be more natural and about just as long (you're not actually walking in hubs, you're sprinting/bullet jumping/rolling). The annoying part about Fortuna is the cutscene crap with the Profit-Taker bounty and the door that requires interaction, not the fact you need to walk to the door or from the door to Little Duck who is pretty close by. Quinn and Fibonacci should just be near the door, not need even more spaghetti code to band-aid a teleporter in.

Edited by Voltage

2 hours ago, Alguien said:

It also applies to the Chrysalith too, Hombask is next to the mission elevator while Quinn is on the other side because...I want to buy a chair after every mission?

Zariman's priorities were totally skewed. It's kind of weird, because there are two elevators in that area, and Hombask actually is in the right place, right in front of the elevator that takes you to your apartment you can decorate with stuff she sells. But for some reason Quinn is in the furthest possible place away from the mission elevator...

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 1

It has become very obvious to me that DE art team is great at creating art pieces.

Art pieces aren't always functional though.

This was a similar case for the older railjack , and they finally cut that down to nearly half the size.

They really need to think these things through , if you expect a player to repeat a mission multiple times atleast don't keep the mission giver far away from the gate.

Fibonacci and tagfer should switch places in my opinion.

• Like 1