Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

Can’t Log Into Original Warframe Forum Account *OFFICIAL REPLY GIVEN*

29 minutes ago, NeonNebula9 said:

Their Support and response time is truly awful. I just keep getting an auto update email every week that says “we apologize once more for the delay in our response time” for this forum account issue. Okay how many times am I going to get this auto email, can you actually respond? 

I had another support ticket for a different case open for a while and when one of the Support members finally responded they said “We’re glad to hear your issue is resolved. If you find yourself experiencing this issue again, please do not hesitate to send us a ticket.” and they proceeded to close the ticket. Umm hello? I never said that my issue is resolved.  

I went to do a trade today and found that 2FA was deactivated since creating and linking to the new PC account.

After Reactivating it. I signed out of the Warframe website and signed back in. When I came to the forums to see if anything had changed, it hadn't so I signed out here too and signed back in with my Xnox account and it is showing now.

Of course, my Avatar is my pre-Whispers in the walls one, not the one I have on my account currently. That might update at some point I hope.

So I guess everyone needs to check 2FA is still activated, and reactivate it if not.

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)Tatakai no Kami said:

I went to do a trade today and found that 2FA was deactivated since creating and linking to the new PC account.

After Reactivating it. I signed out of the Warframe website and signed back in. When I came to the forums to see if anything had changed, it hadn't so I signed out here too and signed back in with my Xnox account and it is showing now.

Of course, my Avatar is my pre-Whispers in the walls one, not the one I have on my account currently. That might update at some point I hope.

So I guess everyone needs to check 2FA is still activated, and reactivate it if not.

We’re not talking about 2FA here. We know that 2FA needs to be enabled in order to trade with other players. This post is about the issue of losing access to our original forum accounts. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NeonNebula9 said:

We’re not talking about 2FA here. We know that 2FA needs to be enabled in order to trade with other players. This post is about the issue of losing access to our original forum accounts. 

Wait not so fast bruh he’s trying to offer solutions and honestly I’ll take ANYTHING rn so I’ll try it first by deactivating my 2FA reactivating it logging out everything then logging back in to see if anything changes I’ll take or try anything atp 

cus DE is truly NOT helping so I’ll do what I gotta do and tell everyone *IF* it Works

EDIT:

Did infact NOT work can’t even deactivate 2FA once enabled even reset my password and checked my old email of when I first 2FA to see if anything was there but nope nothing… and nothing worked either welp

Edited by RB3_Reloaded
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RB3_Reloaded said:

Wait not so fast bruh he’s trying to offer solutions and honestly I’ll take ANYTHING rn so I’ll try it first by deactivating my 2FA reactivating it logging out everything then logging back in to see if anything changes I’ll take or try anything atp 

cus DE is truly NOT helping so I’ll do what I gotta do and tell everyone *IF* it Works

EDIT:

Did infact NOT work can’t even deactivate 2FA once enabled even reset my password and checked my old email of when I first 2FA to see if anything was there but nope nothing… and nothing worked either welp

That person was talking about something else entirely. They did not have 2FA activated.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NeonNebula9 said:

That person was talking about something else entirely. They did not have 2FA activated.

No, I was not. Read what I wrote again. I was talking about how I get my Xbox account back for the forums, after losing access and only being able to use the new PC account here after being forced to create one for cross-save.

And yes, prior to to being forced to create a new account I had 2FA enabled. Creating the new account reset it and I had to enable it again which is how I can now post here with my Xbox account and not the noob PC account. It is most probably because I never had my email address linked to my Xbox log-in here, and creating the new PC account for cross-save required my email address.

You can look back through this thread and see I posted on my PC account a couple of times. The 3rd post down on this page is from my PC account. It's a reply to you after you replied to me earlier.

Now I am on my Xbox Account, replying to you.

• Like 1

On 2024-01-26 at 4:50 AM, (XBOX)Tatakai no Kami said:

No, I was not. Read what I wrote again. I was talking about how I get my Xbox account back for the forums, after losing access and only being able to use the new PC account here after being forced to create one for cross-save.

And yes, prior to to being forced to create a new account I had 2FA enabled. Creating the new account reset it and I had to enable it again which is how I can now post here with my Xbox account and not the noob PC account. It is most probably because I never had my email address linked to my Xbox log-in here, and creating the new PC account for cross-save required my email address.

You can look back through this thread and see I posted on my PC account a couple of times. The 3rd post down on this page is from my PC account. It's a reply to you after you replied to me earlier.

Well we already enabled 2FA and still we are forced into our new PC accounts when logging into the Warframe website and forums. You're lucky that it worked for you even though it doesn't make sense how enabling 2FA is a solution to an issue like this one. Maybe it was something else and you just happened to do this at the same time and you thought that is the fix :)

On 2024-01-26 at 7:30 AM, Nova_Montter said:

I have the exact same problem just from pc to console. I've made a detailed explanation on my support ticket which has been posted over a week ago by now. No reply from them though 

Don't expect a response from them any time soon. We've had our tickets open way before yours and we're still waiting. Expect to get a lot of "we apologize for the delay in our response" auto-reply though 😀

Edited by NeonNebula9
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 8:50 PM, (XBOX)Tatakai no Kami said:

So are you saying we need to create new forum account for the platform we want to access it for? In my case I have forum PC account access but I’m playing on Xbox and want to report Xbox bugs. So would I create a new forum account with my Xbox account?

Adding my name to this list. Tried clearing my cache and cookies and everything. Log in with my PSN info. End up on my new PC account with no access to previous forum posts and comments and no access to my support ticket history.

On 2024-01-26 at 8:44 PM, NeonNebula9 said:

Don't expect a response from them any time soon. We've had our tickets open way before yours and we're still waiting. Expect to get a lot of "we apologize for the delay in our response" auto-reply though 😀

Yes they sent me that damb auto-reply and the worst part is the fault is on their side I made sure i got screenshots of all the steps and it shows that is did take the opposite account than what i chose to be the main acc 

• Like 2

Ive had this issue too. My pc account name overtook my switch account (primary) name as the overall account name now. On the merge screen it said all the pc account info would be overwritten, so if this was intended it wasn't conveyed at all on the merge screen. 

On 2024-01-28 at 9:49 AM, Gerlon. said:

So are you saying we need to create new forum account for the platform we want to access it for? In my case I have forum PC account access but I’m playing on Xbox and want to report Xbox bugs. So would I create a new forum account with my Xbox account?

Nope. never said that.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 8:01 PM, Tatakai-no-Kami said:

Well it was good while it lasted but it is defaulting back to the PC account now

Yh you had a good run lol…

DE just doesn’t care I guess and we’re screwed if we ever actually experience a big on our intended platform

I got an update on my support ticket, so I wanted to share what I learned in the hopes that it might help some folks.

My Ticket

I made the ticket on January 17th, 2024.  The quick summary of the ticket I made was that it contained 3 issues:

1. My forum name changed.
  2. Lost access to my previous forum account.
  3. Lost access to my previous support tickets.

I had asked for the merge to be reverted, or to get all of this stuff back in some other way, including a free name change for the account.

The Reply

Sorry for the delay, we are currently experiencing a high volume of tickets.

Please note that we can handle only one request per ticket. Even if they all related to Cross-Plateform, they can involve different teams. 

Please note that the username change is the intended behaviour. Your in-game name will always reflect the original name on the platform you are currently using:

Cross Platform Save Rollout Information & Status

ADDITIONAL CROSS PLATFORM NOTES & CHANGES

• Usernames: regardless of which account serves as your Primary Account, your in-game username will continue to reflect the platform you're currently playing on.
    • For example, if I merge my PC account [DE]Kahl-175 and PlayStation account DEKahl175, when I'm playing on PlayStation my username will still show as DEKahl175 even if [DE]Kahl-175 is the Primary Account.

The username Unstar is already taken by another PC account, so you cannot claim it with your current account. Your Playstation account is still your Primary even if you see the PC username when on PC. 

When you Linked your PC and Playstation account, it became a unified Cross-Plateform save. It says your PC account is Primary because your Playstation account no longer "exist", but rest assured you have all your Playstation progression and inventory. 

For the Forum accounts, please enter a new ticket in the related catogory. 

My Feelings

There are two distinct flavors of disappointment here.

• I'm disappointed that it took just under 3 weeks to be told that my most important issues needed entirely new tickets.
  • I'm disappointed that my username issue was dismissed as "intended behavior", when my problem wasn't about whether it was intended, but rather that none of DE's information on the merge process mentioned that PC Names would become the name of the Cross-Save account.  Had this been mentioned in any way, I could have made an informed decision when creating a PC account (which I never intended to log in to) for the merge.

Anyway, feels like a bummer.

Being Constructive

I want to in some way try to wring something positive out of this experience.  And the best I feel like I can do is to try to use this as a learning opportunity for my fellow Tenno.  So here's what I think you should take away:

1. Does your support ticket contain more than 1 issue?  Be proactive and make those other issues into their own new tickets.
  2. Don't get your hopes up for a name change.
  3. Replies to these issues are taking at least a few weeks, so be prepared for a wait.

I hope this helps someone!

• Like 3

My support ticket is only about the issue of losing access to my original forum account. I just checked and it says I created the ticket one month ago and it’s still open. No response yet from Support team 🙂

• Like 5

18 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

I got an update on my support ticket, so I wanted to share what I learned in the hopes that it might help some folks.

My Ticket

I made the ticket on January 17th, 2024.  The quick summary of the ticket I made was that it contained 3 issues:

I had asked for the merge to be reverted, or to get all of this stuff back in some other way, including a free name change for the account.

The Reply

My Feelings

• I'm disappointed that it took just under 3 weeks to be told that my most important issues needed entirely new tickets.
  • I'm disappointed that my username issue was dismissed as "intended behavior", when my problem wasn't about whether it was intended, but rather that none of DE's information on the merge process mentioned that PC Names would become the name of the Cross-Save account.  Had this been mentioned in any way, I could have made an informed decision when creating a PC account (which I never intended to log in to) for the merge.

Being Constructive

I want to in some way try to wring something positive out of this experience.  And the best I feel like I can do is to try to use this as a learning opportunity for my fellow Tenno.  So here's what I think you should take away:

1. Does your support ticket contain more than 1 issue?  Be proactive and make those other issues into their own new tickets.
  3. Replies to these issues are taking at least a few weeks, so be prepared for a wait.

That does help. Thank you!

Too bad that they couldn’t “merge” names but I guess it would be a mess since you have different people with the same name on different platforms. Not sure how they would resolve that? 

On 2/4/2024 at 12:01 PM, Tatakai-no-Kami said:

Well it was good while it lasted but it is defaulting back to the PC account now

Sounds like it probably never worked since you’re the only one I’ve heard of. Oh well. 

18 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

My Ticket

The Reply

My Feelings

Being Constructive

Also if it was “intended behavior” that means they knew about it and should have communicated it instead of having people be unpleasantly surprised. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gerlon. said:

Also if it was “intended behavior” that means they knew about it and should have communicated it instead of having people be unpleasantly surprised. 

They're referring to the username change when they said this. Why did they not say anything about how they lost access to their original forum accounts? They basically ignored that part of the support ticket and asked that person to open another ticket lol. Support could've at least been more helpful and cooperative seeing as how they take 1+ month to respond.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeonNebula9 said:

They're referring to the username change when they said this. Why did they not say anything about how they lost access to their original forum accounts? They basically ignored that part of the support ticket and asked that person to open another ticket lol. Support could've at least been more helpful and cooperative seeing as how they take 1+ month to respond.

“Intended behavior” is code for “we didn’t realize this but we’re not going to change it now”. I’ve heard it many times over the years. 😂 

Edit: Another good one: “Works as designed” 😂 

Edited by Gerlon.

So I’ve also received a “response” but more like “we’re working on it” kinda shtick…

——/

Hello *IGN*

thank you for your patience. We are currently experiencing a void flood of tickets.

While we are aware of the problem and our development team is already working to resolve this, your report really helps us understand the scope of the problem.

To see when this bug gets fixed, please keep an eye on the Update notes posted in the forums:

Warframe PC Update & Build Notes

Thanks again for taking the time to bring this to our attention!

[DE]Liv

——

So idk all we can do is continue to wait but acknowledgement is something I’ll give them that… they finally did the bare minimum… acknowledging the problem that’s been here for 3 months…

eh as I said in a different thread I’ll be off forums until this gets fixed but atleast I can have atleast some comfort that I’ll be able to return to my original account. *hopefully*

9 hours ago, NeonNebula9 said:

They're referring to the username change when they said this. Why did they not say anything about how they lost access to their original forum accounts?

I made that EXPLICITLY clear in mine still kinda of a nothing burger fix soon TM kind of response but at least they didn’t have the audacity to act like my IGN was the problem I’ll say that much 

welp adios guys hopefully this gets fixed soon idk

• Like 3