Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we also remove MR from Syndicates like the Open Worlds?

--CF--Tonfo

Yeah honestly, no.

I see MR 20+ people getting their rear handed to them in open maps like Orb Vallis, someone at MR 1-2 is just gonna have a bad time, especially since there's nothing stopping them from starting a Tier 5 bounty.

I believe I may have goofed on this one

Edited by o0Despair0o

If it wasn't a mastery lock it'd need to be some other progression lock instead. Giving players access to too much at once, especially ones who're brand new, is just going to overwhelm players with all the options. And if anything the game already has a massive problem with this in giving access to open worlds far too early.

• Like 1

community "new players get overwhelmed too easily!"

also the community: "screw it, let the fresh out the tutorial newbies get death squads and rep grinds to worry about! FREEEDOOOM!"

17 hours ago, --CF--Tonfo said:

This made no sense at all in my opinion.

it makes perfect sense: players need to know at least the most basic gameplay loops and mechanics before they start getting involved with syndicates and the associated rep grinds.

• Like 1

It's not the Mastery Rank required that new players hate. It's the fact that they have to wait 24 hours just to take the next Mastery Test. That's days of nagging they can't wait for. Kinda makes you wonder how long they plan on playing the game.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 2:38 PM, --CF--Tonfo said:

image.png?ex=65a19451&is=658f1f51&hm=750

This made no sense at all in my opinion.

It makes sense, like the other things you want Mastery Locks removed from.

The whole "Low MR" niche thing isn't something to be catered to, it's a voluntary speed bump you installed on an account for gameplay.

DE has catered pretty well to lower masteries, but with a game having now 10 years of gear history, they should really be doing the opposite, but making sure it's employed in a thoughtful way. There are many items and areas of Warframe that don't need to be high Mastery locked, but something like 10-16 would suffice. Riven Mods are one of those things that would be better off getting pushed away from a new player to Mastery Rank 20.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

On 12/29/2023 at 2:49 PM, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

Trust me, you will get there very fast

On 12/29/2023 at 3:41 PM, Pizzarugi said:

Getting to MR3 is ridiculously easy. You'd have a better point if it was MR20+ or so.

OP's Forum account is 5 years old and made the same type of thread about Vay Hek and Focus Trees. Don't get fooled.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2023 at 4:48 PM, trst said:

If it wasn't a mastery lock it'd need to be some other progression lock instead. Giving players access to too much at once, especially ones who're brand new, is just going to overwhelm players with all the options. And if anything the game already has a massive problem with this in giving access to open worlds far too early.

Absolutely. Leave the MR restrictions as they are and have them progress another way. This can be applied to a few other locked areas as well.