Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hot take: We need more stat sticks/psuedo exalted weapons

On 2024-01-03 at 10:23 AM, Xzorn said:

They could. I dunno. Just fix them?

When there was a combo Multiplier they worked fine. Slash Dash in particular hit like a truck. At the time everyone was using Excal as a turret over melee so I very much enjoyed giving him combo timer and letting those 600k Slash Dash hits rip. IMO a good start would be to fix the combo meter timer. It's a needless mod slot taken up.

Just set it to 10s base and have it decay instead of vanish.

Naramon users:

Jon Stewart Queue GIF

14 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

Guess your hopes will be dashed 

Look, if you're going to pour cold water on the dreams of Yareli-lovers that way, you can at least try to make an appropriate pun to soften the blow.

"Sorry, looks like that's not the way the tides are flowing."

"Hate to put a damper on your hopes, but..."

There's so many options to pick from! I mean, water you wading for? ;P

2 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Oh, to be clear, it's not in any way that optimization is bad!  Rather, as a designer, you just want all of your various sources of fun (among them the potential for optimization) to not be in conflict with each other*. ^^

*unless the design of the system is to intentionally create conflict for the player, but I'd be really surprised to hear that was the intent in this case

I do actually agree with this, as I imagine is clear from my own elaboration about pressure on players who aren't the ones who find their fun in hyper-optimizing. I just do think that the "players will optimize away fun" is oft-quoted (including by me, I grant) and while there's a lot of truth to it, it's also worth remembering that it is an oversimplification of the reality.

Striking that balance is hard when making a game -- it's even more difficult to maintain that balance over the course of a game's entire lifetime. Especially for a live service game.

23 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Naramon users:

Jon Stewart Queue GIF

Things change, just change it again (for the 4th time).

Old Naramon Naked Mag users =D

Spoiler

bkImLgO.png

Edited by Xzorn

I would argue that a better solution would be to remove the need. Stat-sticks are only really a necessary thing because Ability damage is modded totally differently. Which is to say, it basically isn't? It's just ability strength. 

+100% damage, tops, if you really lean into it compared to maybe three times that with like, multishot mods alone?

3 hours ago, Zaieed said:

Valkyr's 1 should scale off the mods on her Exalted. 

23 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Valkyr's 1 should be yeeted into the sun.

If Rip Line scaled off  mods on her Exalted, she could yeet anything into the sun, including herself.

Edited by Tiltskillet

On 2024-01-05 at 6:58 AM, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

Imagine if the pull strength grew with damage mods, and too high of damage mods just kill you on impact 

As a Valk main that uses the rip line augment I would find this great. Range mods should increase the distance you can grab from. 

Status duration/chance/combo should allow you to drag enemies around. 

On 2024-01-03 at 10:17 AM, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

Honestly, as someone who has for the last few months fallen in love with making excals slash dash a damage monster, I think we need more. 

If what you really want is more ways to experiment, I can understand, and would be interested in brainstorming more ways to make bad abilities useful. Maybe some more Amalgam mods that say "+cold damage, +ability damage" or something?

If this is just a naked grab for more power creep and a want to revitalize the Riven market, no