Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will there be another heirloom pack?

Pixleator

The wording from their announcements suggests that it isn't out of the question, or at least the art style used for them.

I assume they will still continue with a special yearly skinline release, if that is what you're after, similar to how we got two 'lyst skins back in 2021 and now the Heirloom skins.

However, the wording around the monetization method and other skinlines coming into question leaves something to be desired for future Heirloom content.

Edited by Numerounius

Possibly. Maybe even probably?

The current Creative Director, Reb, sometimes makes allusions to potentially doing them again, with the disclaimer that changes will be made if/when they do, because of feedback from players. My interpretation based on their wording, is that they are thinking about it, but that nothing is absolutely certain. Plus for all we know, one of the changes may mean referring to them as something else. Also a disclaimer of my own, I am just going off my memory from a few Devstreams and a few other streams (like the one before Whispers launched). Her wording may have been more explicit or vague.

9 minutes ago, Sierra said:

I would assume that there will eventually be more. I just hope they will re-release old ones at some point. I'm sick of permanent exclusivity in gaming as a whole.

Same, to all of that. 

• Like 3

During one of the later appearances of the year, Rebecca did say that there is going to be more Heirloom collections for other frames.

They also said that, because of the response that players had to the Regal Aya inflating the price of each tier, the pricing or the content of the tiers will be 'reconsidered'.

• Like 1

DE implied that there could be more in the future but no solid confirmation on the if, when, or which frames.

1 hour ago, Sierra said:

I just hope they will re-release old ones at some point. I'm sick of permanent exclusivity in gaming as a whole.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that. Everything DE has sold that was explicitly stated as a timed exclusive hasn't returned. And if they went back on that there's not only be the question of legal issues but they'd also lose player trust in anything they say.

11 minutes ago, trst said:

DE implied that there could be more in the future but no solid confirmation on the if, when, or which frames.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that. Everything DE has sold that was explicitly stated as a timed exclusive hasn't returned. And if they went back on that there's not only be the question of legal issues but they'd also lose player trust in anything they say.

I know that stuff is unlikely to change in the near or far future, but I'd at least like to see less being made permanently exclusive, or better yet a complete halt on new things being unnecessarily locked away forever. Like this game has been out for a long time now and there's actually quite a bit that has not returned at all. Sure it's pretty much all universally small things, but it's still content being gated for absolutely no reason. Permanent exclusivity is just something I have never liked since I first ran into it in Halo Reach. It's easy to accidentally miss something and then that's it forever, and it's even worse for newer players who never even had the chance to begin with.

Maybe I'm in a minority with this line of thought, but even though I bought the Zenith heirloom bundle, and all but 1 of the Tennocon tickets I'd still like to see those items return in some kind of legacy bundle at some point for those who never had the chance, or now want to acquire them. This should also happen with old event stuff and really everything else.

At least for me there's no additional enjoyment gained from knowing other players cannot get X or Y that I have because of a time gate. I'd much prefer to allow others to enjoy the things I have enjoyed like the raid sekharas and so on.

All that being said, the elephant in the room being Excalibur Prime is a more complicated issue. DE needed funding and made it permanent exclusive to bring in more sales which is perfectly understandable given the situation at the time. My only problem is that we're well beyond that stage now and more stuff keeps being made permanently exclusive. As for Excalibur Prime itself I don't think it'd be so much of a legal issue since game companies tend to lie like politicians, but it would certainly be an ethical issue.

At best the only compromise (if any) would be in the far future when DE is done updating the game, and is ready to shutdown the servers they'll patch in offline/ local play, or allow players to run their own servers, and that's when Excal prime could be unlocked. Basically at the very end.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

I would buy a Mesa, Nova and Atlas. And I wouldn’t regret. it just saying 

nice as that would be, I imagine it'll be the 8 original frames that get Heirlooms first: Frost and Mag are two out of those 8. the others are:

Excalibur (obviously)

Loki

Ember

Saryn

Rhino (love to see it!)

Trinity

I just hope they actually price them more reasonably, maybe also bring the other ones down in price to match (or at least put them on sale sometime).

• Like 1

Given the wording of the Heirloom faq page that it would be gone forever after the end of December

and just the bundle description in general along with what DE has previously said 

it would seem DE has no intention of ever bringing the previous Heirloom back and they will instead be releasing new ones like the Tennocon packs that are different every year and previous ones never return 

I get how everyone feels though when warframe first launched on console I had the opportunity to buy a founders pack but dumb me back then was like no I don’t need it and I bought something else 

I’ve spent the last 10 years kicking myself over that

so when I seen the heirloom pack I was like I’m not missing out twice and bought both packs the one with the skins and the color palette pack I’ve got no regrets.

why not buy the most expensive pack and two separate packs instead ?

simple to give DE a little extra for creating the game I have enjoyed the last 10 years 

I just hope it they do more future heirlooms they make it more affordable for people who don’t have as much expendable Income 

Edited by Ersedu
To elaborate

When Warframe was announced, I remember reading what it was supposed to entail and it matched a literal list of what I looked for in games - I was stoked!

However... I was also a raging alcoholic at the time and totally broke... My computer would crash on the demo/tutorial mission, so spending a few hundred dollars that I didn't have on a game I couldn't play was a no go... I think about it all the time. It's tremendously disappointing... I would've bought it as soon as a recovered and had the moola to do it. I went to buy it on January 5th - I was SOOO disappointed I missed the window... I would certainly appreciate another opportunity to pick up the item - I had gotten Steam cards and stuff for the Holidays so it was easier to fit in my budget and then they swoop it out... People talk about "breaking trust" regarding gate keepers worried about exclusivity (and the imagined status it conveys) but I would bet this "get it while it's hot" honestly does far more damage to community trust

It like, gives me anxiety when they release stuff like this... I'm doing pretty good these days, but budget's still tight w/ Real Life stuff so worrying about whether I can budget something in within DE's arbitrary timeframe is stressful - when it shouldn't be 🤷‍♂️ do I like the game too much or something? I don't know...

But, I saw someone mention the Founder's package and it reminded me...

When Warframe was announced, I remember reading what it was supposed to entail and it matched a literal list of what I looked for in games - I was stoked! However... I was a raging alcoholic and totally broke... My computer would crash on the demo/tutorial mission, so spending a few hundred dollars that I didn't have was a no go... I think about it all the time. It's tremendously disappointing... I would've bought it as soon as I had the moola to do it. 

And here's the thing: licensing is a wash, as everyone is gonna get paid, thus, it's all arbitrary... and what's more, this type of exclusivity rewards nothing but wealth, cementing addition privilege and entitlements if we wanna get right down to it.

Like, I've been following the game since before it released, start playing a few years in, wanna give em my money, and their answer:

"NO! THE OLD BOIS WON'T LIKE IT - but enjoy our anti-capitalist themes, tee hee"

------

just... take my money and give me the digital stuuuff!! digital property was supposed to help eliminate bottlenecks - not highlight how ridiculous they are

On 2024-01-06 at 3:51 PM, Sierra said:

I'm sick of permanent exclusivity in gaming as a whole.

Likewise.

Warframe is pretty good about avoiding FOMO for things that actually have an impact on gameplay. If something is vaulted you can trade with another player for it, or wait until it turns up in Resurgence. If a weapon or mod came from an Operation that has ended, it usually ends up in Baro's rotation.

But cosmetics? If you join the game as a new Tenno and see some shiny piece of fashion, it's likely pretty disheartening to hear "oh, that particular bit of armor / that syandana / etc. was available during an event that ran for a month three years ago; you can't get it anywhere else." (There have at leasr been some steps towards correcting that, with Nightwave giving newer Tenno a shot at some past cosmetics they missed.)

I mean, I love the skins aesthetically! I just think the exclusivity of "get them now or they're gone forever" is an annoying trend in gaming.

The heirloom skins are a particularly annoying instance since they added the first two signas to the game, meaning for a while that pack was the only way to have anything in that accessory slot.

Edit: I should note, however, that things like the Founder exclusive stuff, or the Legacy player tattoos in FFXIV... those exclusives I'm okay with. The "these folks stuck with us and believed in us during the Dark Times; without their support this game literally wouldn't be here today" sort ofg awards, for those rare instances... those, I get, and I think in some situations they're merited.

The heirloom skins are not one of those situations, though.

Edited by Packetdancer
  • Like 2

Pretty much hate everything about them.

1 - Them being FOMO.

2 - Them being cash only.

3 - Them looking totally different (almost like a new prime look).

4 - Them not being treated as regular Deluxe Skins purchasable from the Market.

• Like 2