Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival and not enough reactant drops - what to do?

magusat999

Is there some technique to getting the enemies to Corrupt faster and drop enough reactant? I had to give up because twice in a row at second wave everyone only had 9/10. The enemies didnt even start corrupting until almost 8 minutes, and even then very few groups. Are there some tips to getting 10 of 10 drops out of this?

Normal star chart has has ridiculously low spawns and the enemies are made of paper. Chances are your "team mates" turned the survival mission into a sabotage mission and killed everything before they corrupted.  

Could also be WF doin WF things and buggin tf out.

• Like 1

vor 29 Minuten schrieb magusat999:

Is there some technique to getting the enemies to Corrupt faster and drop enough reactant? I had to give up because twice in a row at second wave everyone only had 9/10. The enemies didnt even start corrupting until almost 8 minutes, and even then very few groups. Are there some tips to getting 10 of 10 drops out of this?

was it console host?

1 hour ago, magusat999 said:

Typical Pub. Faster no. Enough yes.

1. All players should attempt to stay within the same tileset. Enemies spawn near players: in the neighbouring tilesets, out of line of sight, close to objective (if applicable). Similar with Void Corruption, but no Line of Sight requirement. If players are spread out no Corruption may happen. 

2. Players should refrain from using mapwide instant nuking abilities and preferably also nuking everything within their grasp on sight (dead enemies cannot be Corrupted). When Void Corruption hits it spawns up to 3 enemies of itself, but also corrupts any alive enemies present. Having alive enemies dring fissure hit multiplies amount of Corrupted enemies present. 

3. Console host can make a difference mostly in Steel Path due to extremly limited enemy spawn - but that applies mostly to Life Support Modules droprate, not Reactant. In normal Survival amounnt of enemies is greatly reduced, even more if the players spread out and chase the red*

4. Using some kind of Loot multiplying effect can help (Khora Aug, Nekros, Hydroid Aug, Chesekrate, Atlas Aug).

*) chasing the red is typical Survival player behaviour: Enemies spawn behind the corner, person sees that on their radar and rushes there to kill them, they ran out, but since the player is there they cannot spawn there any more, so they spawn in the next tileset behind another corner, player sees that and rushes there to kill them, again disabling the spawn and putting it even further away. It makes: less enemy spawn, enemies spawn further away from all players.

Sadly it also occurs in "high level play" Netracells. People camping the corners near the edges of the Circle as they see on the radar enemies spawning there, while one should avoid being in direct line of sight of enemies spawn - you can shoot them in there, just do it from afar and behind corner.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 2

this has always been a problem. I've no idea why DE doesn't just either make ALL corrupted enemies drop at least one reactant guaranteed, or make the fissures something that lingers inside a room, constantly corrupting anything that comes in and ensuring there will always be enough corrupted mobs. 

going public also doesn't help because 99% of players won't stay in the same room to concentrate the spawns; they'll run off somewhere else and thin the enemies out, because "I want muh kills!".

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7
  • Like 1

Depends. Could be a few different issues going on. Did you know maps usually have areas that the fissures will open around? Meaning, if there are a large amount of enemies around that specific area, they will get corrupted. If there aren't any there, then the game will usually spawn a few. So in certain situations, this incentivises not nuking all the enemies on the map, but especially certain areas at certain moments, not even just quickly killing a mob of enemies, because you can tell that 1 second later, a bunch of them will be corrupted, and the more of them that are corrupted, the more likely reactant will drop. 

However this also means, that some players can accidentally manipulate spawn and enemy movement patterns to be unfavourable to the goal of getting reactant... Especially if they do not know, recognise or identify such patterns. For example, there is one pillar on the Void Orokin Defence tileset, near the Defence object, by some pillars, that frequently opens a fissure that will corrupt a lot of enemies. Enemies that usually come from near the point where all the players start off in the beginning. If a player runs down that hallway and camps there and kills all those enemies... then less of them will go down the hallway where the fissure will open corrupting them. The fissure will open, but no enemies will be there to be corrupted. 

So if you have 4 players that know such patterns and behaviour, and know when to let enemies move around just a little, delaying just a bit, letting more enemies get corrupted, then you will always get 10 reactant and you will usually also be faster than a team nuking fast and hard... because the sooner you get 10 reactant the faster and harder you can go, and it usually only takes 2 or 3 seconds to let certain clusters of enemies to get to certain points. 

Then if you have 4 players that have no ideas about how to manage enemies or fissures and split up across the map... 

That being said, there are some other variables and factors that can influence the situation. Like on Steel Path? A lot more enemies and enemy density. What maps? Certain maps are better than others for different reasons. What enemies? Anecdotal, but I find Corpus in regular missions, a bit more annoying as far as getting 10 reactant. I think its because of how their AI operates. They spread out a bit more, and hide more, and other such behaviour. 

This is also why I prefer Steel Path Fissures. Its also... all of above isn't a defence of the current system. I may always manage to get 10 reactant, but I think the system should be improved. 

3 rules of Survival fissures.

1: Don't spam nukes until at least the 3rd/4th rotation, the spawns always start way too low.

2: Unless it's a lone enemy or two hold off on shooting it if you haven't heard a Void fissure recently, it will probably happen soon around a larger group.

3: PICK A DAMN ROOM AND STAY IN IT. Seriously, running around half the tileset back and forth spreads the spawns and causes enemy pathing to *#&$ up royal and and having to run around for reactant between multiple rooms causes so many issues, also pick a flat room if you can help it and avoid multi-level needlessly large rooms.

Edited by Aldain

12 hours ago, magusat999 said:

There are tips that can enhance you chances of success, but nothing that can guarantee it.  Even if you do everything right, sometimes RNG just wastes 5 minutes of your time.

Anyway, those tips are:

1. Have every member of your group stick together, which ensures that any reactant that appears is immediately accessible to every player.
  2. Don't kill any enemies that aren't corrupted; living enemies can be turned into corrupted by fissures, so killing non-corrupted enemies lowers the amount of potential corrupted enemies and thus the amount of potential reactant spawns.

That said, by bigger tip would be to entirely avoid doing Survival for Fissures.  I just don't think it's worth the stress of wondering whether your time will be wasted every time you do it.  Instead, aim for Captures and Exterminates which are much more reliable.  You can also do other modes, too, just as long as you know you're with teammates who won't allow an endless round to complete until you all have your reactant...but again, that invites doubt and stress that you may prefer to avoid.