Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Send me back to MY orbiter

ominumi

6 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

If you launch a mission from the relay, you will end the mission in the relay

Like so many things in Warframe, this isn't entirely true.  No matter where you start a mission from, it's possible that you will end the mission in either a relay or someone else's dojo.  And to be clear, I'm not talking about Railjack content; this applies to normal ground missions as well.

Edited by UnstarPrime
clarity
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

To be fair, it's where the host launches from - I can understand how annoying it would be if you started / joined as client to a mission in one place but the host causes you to be brought to an entirely different location when it completed, to keep the squad together after mission.

Not game breaking by any means, but definitely annoying.

• Like 9

Yeah I don't know why I keep getting dragged into other people's dojos but it's grating.

Also it has a chance of unequipping Relics apparently because that happened to me once, it loaded me into the dojo and then the mission without my relic on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aldain said:

Yeah I don't know why I keep getting dragged into other people's dojos but it's grating.

Also it has a chance of unequipping Relics apparently because that happened to me once, it loaded me into the dojo and then the mission without my relic on.

Yes i’ve had this happen, i have had it where host started from their dojo then forced host migration dced everyone so then had to re invite everyone and it would drag you straight into the mission bypassing the relic selection screen.

The amount if times i’ve had to abort mission because of this really grinds my gears lol.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 1

Especially for lower-end hardware it can be really annoying.

The bigger issue I have with being put into a player hub is that you do not get a exit option in your player menu, you first have to exit the player hub. This is especially annoying when playing openworld, zariman, necralisk/sanctum or railjack missions where the official extraction brings you to a player hub. While some content might be "fixed" to also allow exiting to orbiter without losing mission rewards. I still avoid using "exit to orbiter" just because of the long history and inconsistencies between these various game-types/modes.

Giving players a little more control on where to exit to would be nice, especially when playing on public squads (with random people and no clear way to tell where you might end-up).

I can definitely understand players wanting to end-up in the relay just for the chance at getting free boosts from blessings.

Edited by Quimoth

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

There has recently been a feature going that you end up where the host started. So if they started in dojo or relay you end up in relay.

And I mean Public Matchmaking, not a Premade.

Edited by Zakkhar

2 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

It's not a bug. If you join a party, you go where the host goes. Would you prefer that it immediately dumps you from the group if the missions didn't start from the orbiter?

It wasn't like this before. People would go back to their place of navigation even after the mission ended.

3 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

Like so many things in Warframe, this isn't entirely true.  No matter where you start a mission from, it's possible that you will end the mission in either a relay or someone else's dojo.  And to be clear, I'm not talking about Railjack content; this applies to normal ground missions as well.

This has literally never happened to me. Mostly because:

3 hours ago, Naroxas44 said:

To be fair, it's where the host launches from

On the rare chance I'm in public, I've never met this mythical weirdo who starts public matchmaking from a relay. Like who does that?

14 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

On the rare chance I'm in public, I've never met this mythical weirdo who starts public matchmaking from a relay. Like who does that?

I mean, if you're already in a relay and want to do a mission, there's not much point in returning to your Orbiter and doing an additional load when you could instead just not.  Especially if afterwards you anticipate further business in the relay.  Less loads = better.

Though now that this thread has informed me that doing so risks dragging the rest of my group to the relay (wouldn't have thought of that before), I personally won't be doing that anymore.

4 hours ago, ominumi said:

It wasn't like this before. People would go back to their place of navigation even after the mission ended.

4 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

It doesn't happen often, but I've had it happen every now and then for years. Also returning from a railjack mission always sends you back to a drydock, usually in someone's dojo as opposed to a relay one.

One big exception is Index. Starting that from a relay ensures the map that most people prefer.

Edited by Hobie-wan