Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The moving of archon shards from Chipper to some where else, feels out of character.

On 2024-03-20 at 9:11 AM, SneakyErvin said:

He literally states they were around even back then. So it is not something created later, it is something they gained access to back then, thousands of years ago. So even if they are made by the senteint back then, anyone can have practically scavenged it and stockpiled it. We could likely find it anywhere and the most probable would likely have been among Corpus and Grineer that both scavenge and make use of relics of the Old War. And it is as likely that someone like Albrecht that is interested in making more experiments with Warframe-like creations would stockpile these. Both for his 1999 "frame" experiments and potentially the vessels, if not even for the critters tossed into the void.

They are hybrid amalgamations formed from the scavenged Warframes and sentients that fell in the Old War.

Where do you think they got the Warframes they reanimated?

You forget the Sentients all but vanished after the war.

Erra made the Archons using tech they recovered from The Old War.

Which means the shards are New Technology.

We know from Natah that the Archons were made on Tau. 

Erra then revived them to serve as Generals for Narmer.

So sorry to burst your headcanon but The Archons were not part of the Old War. They are just amalgams made from Old War relics. 

Hence the: Raised from the battlefields. 

Context is key.

So once again.

No. Albrecht should not have a literal stockpile of Sentient exclusive tech.

And if you actually bother to look at Albrecht's notes and scrawl in the cells and across the labs. The Protoframes are made using Technocyte as well. (I'd bet a lot of platinum that Albrecht's Protoframes experiments are why the city is undersiege by those infested reskins. Albrecht is NOT a good guy. Folks seem to keep forgetting that. Whispers only humanized him, but he's as wicked as Ballas if not more.)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Aerikx said:

They are hybrid amalgamations formed from the scavenged Warframes and sentients that fell in the Old War.

Where do you think they got the Warframes they reanimated?

You forget the Sentients all but vanished after the war.

Erra made the Archons using tech they recovered from The Old War.

Which means the shards are New Technology.

We know from Natah that the Archons were made on Tau. 

Erra then revived them to serve as Generals for Narmer.

So sorry to burst your headcanon but The Archons were not part of the Old War. They are just amalgams made from Old War relics. 

Hence the: Raised from the battlefields. 

Context is key.

So once again.

No. Albrecht should not have a literal stockpile of Sentient exclusive tech.

And if you actually bother to look at Albrecht's notes and scrawl in the cells and across the labs. The Protoframes are made using Technocyte as well. (I'd bet a lot of platinum that Albrecht's Protoframes experiments are why the city is undersiege by those infested reskins. Albrecht is NOT a good guy. Folks seem to keep forgetting that. Whispers only humanized him, but he's as wicked as Ballas if not more.)

So you ignore the part I bolded for you from your very own quote. And at the same time you speak of context? They are abominations of the old war, that is what Hunhow says straight up. That implies they exsisted back then, made with tech available in Sol at the time. Yes scavenged tech very likely, meaning the base for it exsisted here. Tauforged are potentially refined versions made by the sentient. But thousands of years have also passed and Albrecht has been a busy person. Not only that but according to the logs he also has agents for various thing, one being monitoring the tenno of the story. So him having things stockpiled isnt a shocker. 

Also remember that Chipper doesnt scavenge any place that has any real connection to Archons, so him finding those shards is also highly unlikely. There is nothing that connects Archon creation to the places that he scavenges. When we face Archons on the planets they are stationed there. So unless Chipper is Chuck Norris of Fortuna, round house kicking Archons into oblivion, him getting his hands on shards seems very far fetched aswell. On the otherhand, Albrecht has been all over, inside and outside the void, and he has people working for him and he has a grand plan for the Tenno aswell. So, considering the far superior resources, even if shards are 100% sentient, Albrecht finding them are far more likely than Chipper doing so.

As to the last part. Yes it is possible, but we have to remember that it can also just be Albrecht partially posses by Wally that has caused it, or if Wally is a seperate entity it can be caused by him alone. And the frames are made to combat that threat while others are looking for the chosen tenno to stop Wally. If we look at the history of Duviri it seems that Wally is either part of Albrecht or it follows him in some way. Albrecht visits Duviri and builds labs, shades of Wally and "possessed" Duvirians also start to appear. It could also just be because events unfold in reality that eventually allows Wally to break free and the path to freedom is partly tied to Duviri/Undercroft in order to breach the membrane. Or it is because Albrecht pokes around more and creates an alternate version of his labs within a pocket plane inside the void. 

I mean, we dont know if 1999 will even be a "real" place or just another Duviri. Ever considered what all those things are that float out in the nothingness as you view into the distance from the "sand" parts of the labs? Maybe 1999 is on of those places, a void construct accessed through the vessel, made by a mind that is a 90's junky or something.

On 2024-03-26 at 9:55 AM, SneakyErvin said:

They are abominations of the old war, that is what Hunhow says straight up.

I didn't ignore it.

Hunhow was referencing what the Archons are yes. 

They are abominations made from the fallen Warframes and sentients of the old War. IE: They scavenged the dead bodies and reanimated them via the shards.

They we not on the battlefield in the war (unless DE changes this) as Erra did not make them back then. 

Natah confirms this in Archon Hunt dialogue when she describes who the Archons originally were and how they were made. 

The original Archons are either still in Tau or were killed in the Old War (this makes more sense), this Erra reanimated them.

Also (and I missed this)...

Albrecht had "Gone to Sleep"/1999 during the early days of the Old War. Remember Loid still thought the War was going on when we woke him. 

And all the Albrecht info I can find points to him going to sleep during the early stages of the war. He wasn't around long enough to collect shards.

It's too late now anyways....

The Update is live. The Shard was moved and with nothing put to replace it. A massive L / Fail on DE's part as Kahl could have served as easily accessible catch up/power up/pity content. 

And the Shard is overpriced! 

🙄 Man, I can't believe no one saw that coming? 🫠

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Aerikx said:

I didn't ignore it.

Hunhow was referencing what the Archons are yes. 

They are abominations made from the fallen Warframes and sentients of the old War. IE: They scavenged the dead bodies and reanimated them via the shards.

They we not on the battlefield in the war (unless DE changes this) as Erra did not make them back then. 

Natah confirms this in Archon Hunt dialogue when she describes who the Archons originally were and how they were made. 

The original Archons are either still in Tau or were killed in the Old War (this makes more sense), this Erra reanimated them.

Also (and I missed this)...

Albrecht had "Gone to Sleep"/1999 during the early days of the Old War. Remember Loid still thought the War was going on when we woke him. 

And all the Albrecht info I can find points to him going to sleep during the early stages of the war. He wasn't around long enough to collect shards.

It's too late now anyways....

The Update is live. The Shard was moved and with nothing put to replace it. A massive L / Fail on DE's part as Kahl could have served as easily accessible catch up/power up/pity content. 

And the Shard is overpriced! 

🙄 Man, I can't believe no one saw that coming? 🫠

Albrecht went to the void, Loid went to actual sleep. We know Albrecht has been places since he went into the sarco%&^us, he's also traveled a timeless place, where things from the future have ended up in the past through it. So Albrecht no being around long enough to collect shards is uhm silly, since as Teshin implies, all event in undercroft for instance have happened, happens and are yet to happen, meaning the void has potential for alot to end up where it isnt or is (depending how you look at it) supposed to.

And you say no catch up and overpriced? Those new players you for some odd reason worry so much about will reach the new shard vendor faster than the old, weeks faster. And while the time investment per week is more for the shard at the Cavia, you can far up several weeks of shards worth of rep every week as a trade off. Kahl provided just enough for a single shard in a week with a few credits to spare. In the labs everything else on the vendor can be farmed through drops aswell, so they arent losing out vendor items early on in order to buy shards.

Depending on your rep cap you can farm enough for 3-4 shards per week, meaning you can plan ahead with the cavia waaay ahead of time. At Kahl you got the option to skip one week every 7 weeks or so and still obtain the shard for the week, which would still set you back on rep. 6 weeks or something after the extra credit caches were added. So the new system works well for both new and veteran players. New players reach the shard fast and can plan ahead, veterans can skip weeks if they like (I know I will since I only need mission drops and not bounty drops atm) and then grind up enough for several weeks during a 3-4 day period.

Would I have prefered 20k per shard? Yes indeed since then I wouldnt need to do bounties more often than each 6 weeks.

• Like 1

To: DE
Subject: DON'T KILL KAHL

I think everyone, whether they like Kahl's Garrison or not, can agree that this change completely guts it, and nobody will play it after getting X amount of stock, depending on what they want, with a cap of what the store has and double for Styanax (Helminth is hungry).
Furthermore, while some people don't like Kahl's Garrison, it's more annoying than it needs to be, even for those of us who like it, because we have to be in the Drifter Camp instead of our lovely Orbiter.

Cavia already has so many things to offer for standing, like arcanes. You can get to rank 5 in Cavia faster than Rank 5 in Kahl, but do they really need yet another valuable thing in the store? Like Kahl, it even has a warframe and said warframe's weapons.
Dante's node is in Cavia, the new archimedea stuff coming up is Cavia ... look, I get it, you love Cavia. That's no reason to effectively murder Kahl.

I beg of you, make the following 2 changes:

1. Put the daily archon shard back in Chipper's store. I've read several of the arguments, and it seems that the ideal solution is to put the *same* archon shard in both Chipper's store and Cavia. I don't know how hard it is to program 2 vendors to have objects that are mutually exclusive, but it would give people a reason to play Kahl without forcing them to do so for the weekly archon shard.
I have two good reasons for you: the lore makes more sense with Kahl and, more importantly, this move hurts new players. Even locked behind The New War, Kahl is a lot sooner than what is currently the end of the main story. Also, a lot of people love Kahl, but not enough to play him for, say, 100K credits.
Yes, you CAN get to rank 5 Cavia sooner, but only if you rush the main story, and there is a LOT of other stuff to do in Warframe. There are other syndicates to work on, relics to crack, Duviri, Prime resurgences ... a player like myself, who works a little bit on everything, will get to rank 5 Kahl before rank 5 Cavia. In fact, I'm still only rank 4 Cavia and have been buying shards from Chipper for over a month.

2. PLEASE make Kahl's Garrison accessible from the Orbiter. I love Kahl, but I love my Orbiter too. My Orbiter cut in half to make the Drifter Camp? Not so much.

Edited by ShenTSC
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ShenTSC said:

My Orbiter cut in half to make the Drifter Camp? Not so much.

but more deco cap, and I mean, we all know that the true endgame of warframe is IKEA, and what better way to IKEA, than to have open space to build town. (also IMO designing the interior of the two ships as if they're one single ship seems a bit odd since even since yee olden days, it's been clear it's two ships that dock into eachother, even shown off as such in cephalon fragments, since the orbiter and the landing craft are two different, well, space faring crafts.)

• 4 weeks later...

Why take archon shards from doing Kahl missions. Makes very little sense. Missions were easy and only once a week. Now you have to grind for 30,000 standing. DE are conning us. We spend time levelling syndicates up only for DE to change everything for the worse. I wonder how much more hard work we are going to do just for DE to turn round and throw it in our faces. Kahl missions are now just pointless so they might as well be removed.

hmm, i think they could have added it to bird 3, instead of also removing it from chipper, just leave it there for people who like the kahl missions 

Also, it'd be nice if we didn't have the same 3 missions over and over, both with chipper and the archon hunt, but i guess seeing as they're between 5 and 15 minutes tops, it's bearable. 

Just find myself personally skipping the kahl missions weekly. Still don't have styanax subsume 

8 minutes ago, DaragonUK said:

Why take archon shards from doing Kahl missions. Makes very little sense. Missions were easy and only once a week. Now you have to grind for 30,000 standing. DE are conning us. We spend time levelling syndicates up only for DE to change everything for the worse. I wonder how much more hard work we are going to do just for DE to turn round and throw it in our faces. Kahl missions are now just pointless so they might as well be removed.

30k is around 2 or 3 steel path missions depending on if you use parallax air support to scan for Voca. 

6 hours ago, DaragonUK said:

Kahl missions are now just pointless so they might as well be removed.

Styanax. Aegrit. Slaytra. Various ephemera. The Skaut landing craft. Etc. Should DE just remove everything that isn’t a weekly, evergreen grind?

6 hours ago, DaragonUK said:

Why take archon shards from doing Kahl missions. Makes very little sense. Missions were easy and only once a week.

How many did you do, if I may ask?