Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Reward: Napalm Grenades

JaiRahd

That mod never came out? Ouch.

That mod made Penta good again. Least for a while. Always liked Penta cuz you could choose "not" to blow yourself up.

I made a parse video of it back before they buffed Heat status with +100% Proj speed cuz it was funny.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

That mod never came out? Ouch.

That mod made Penta good again. Least for a while. Always liked Penta cuz you could choose "not" to blow yourself up.

I made a parse video of it back before they buffed Heat status with +100% Proj speed cuz it was funny.

It must have a crappy drop rate or I never bothered to farm it much.

1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

It must have a crappy drop rate or I never bothered to farm it much.

It was a reward from the very first Nightwave if I recall.

EDIT: Looks like they nerf'd it also. Used to be able to get 98% status using just 60/60x2.

Update 34.0 (2023-10-18)

• Updated Napalm Grenade’s description to clarify that it applies after Mods like Rifle Aptitude by changing “Base Status Chance” to “Final Status Chance”.

Ah, I miss DE's patch notes just flat out being false. Good times.

Edited by Xzorn

13 hours ago, Xzorn said:

It was a reward from the very first Nightwave if I recall.

EDIT: Looks like they nerf'd it also. Used to be able to get 98% status using just 60/60x2.

Update 34.0 (2023-10-18)

• Updated Napalm Grenade’s description to clarify that it applies after Mods like Rifle Aptitude by changing “Base Status Chance” to “Final Status Chance”.

Ah, I miss DE's patch notes just flat out being false. Good times.

I have two so they came from NW 1 and NW 13.

EDIT: Correction to above and Napalm Grenades could be obtained by reaching Rank 22 with Nightwave during Series 1 and Rank 13 during Intermission II.

The Penta is awesome with Mag's bubble, the projectiles act like a blender, around and around they go like a frog in a blender killing all the enemies inside, if more enemies are pulled into the same area in a new bubble it will pick up the old projectiles and reuse them in the blender. :devil:

Edited by Slayer-.
correction

4 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

The Penta is awesome with Mag's bubble, the projectiles act like a blender, around and around they go like a frog in a blender killing all the enemies inside, if more enemies are pulled into the same area in a new bubble it will pick up the old projectiles and reuse them in the blender. :devil:

Magnetize had always been a buggy mess. Were you around with the Gas Lanka infinity bounce?

21 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

DE maybe one day, but hey make it the next incarnon. :facepalm:

...Are there any Incarnons that already have an Alt-fire? I don't think so.

In fact I'd probably wager that having an Alt-fire would probably disqualify a weapon for an Incarnon sadly (be it manual detonation or a even the Veldt's range change) because DE spaghetti code.

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

..Are there any Incarnons that already have an Alt-fire? I don't think so.  

No. In fact the original Incarnon datamine leak had Kulstar, but its spot was taken by Atomos on release.  The theory being DE only remembered late in the process that Kulstar had an altfire. :P

There have been a number of solutions proposed for Incarnon altfire weapons.  But until DE actually implements one, I'm going to assume they're less likely.

8 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Really?

The only Nightwave I missed was NW1.  I don't know how I could have possibly missed the reward on 13, unless it was a credit offering instead of a progression award?

5 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

No. In fact the original Incarnon datamine leak had Kulstar, but its spot was taken by Atomos on release.  The theory being DE only remembered late in the process that Kulstar had an altfire. :P

There have been a number of solutions proposed for Incarnon altfire weapons.  But until DE actually implements one, I'm going to assume they're less likely.

It probably wouldn't have worked out well anyways since Bomblets now stagger you. Through with Kulstar they hurt you =D

Still. Inarnons that stagger me through no fault of my own is triggering. Latron is totally decent until it bounces off 3 walls and hits you.

It's sad because it's a new system but they really need to tweak Incarnons and whoever made Torrid need to share some of that smoke.

8 hours ago, Aldain said:

...Are there any Incarnons that already have an Alt-fire? I don't think so.

In fact I'd probably wager that having an Alt-fire would probably disqualify a weapon for an Incarnon sadly (be it manual detonation or a even the Veldt's range change) because DE spaghetti code.

I was being cheeky by mentioning it as a joke.

5 hours ago, JaiRahd said:

Really?

The only Nightwave I missed was NW1.  I don't know how I could have possibly missed the reward on 13, unless it was a credit offering instead of a progression award?

It was in this one, Intermission II began on October 21st, 2019 and ended on May 3rd, 2020. rank 13 Reward 

Rank 13 - 130,000: Napalm Grenades augment mod

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JaiRahd said:

Really?

The second time was Intermission 2, according to wiki, at rank 13.  (I'm sure Slayer typed in the rank rather than the wave accidentally, unless they've had more NW seasons than anybody else.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Magnetize had always been a buggy mess. Were you around with the Gas Lanka infinity bounce?

if it was before 2017 then yes, my old mind has a hard time remembering things from last week let alone from way back whenever. :tongue:

8 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

The second time was Intermission 2, according to wiki, at rank 13.  (I'm sure Slayer typed in the rank rather than the wave accidentally, unless they've had more NW seasons than anybody else.

Yes, I read the wiki incorrectly on the sentence my mind seemed to replace rank with NW. SeMz4.gif I've corrected it in my post.

Napalm Grenades could be obtained by reaching Rank 22 with Nightwave during Series 1 and Rank 13 during Intermission II.

Yeah, my sub-conscience was screaming at me how have there been 13 NightWaves. :facepalm: :tongue:

• Like 1