Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't take my time or love for this game for granted

I agree that the game does not respect my time, but you're not doing it any favors by farming the part as inefficiently as humanly possible.

• A radiant relic in a solo run has a 10% likelihood of dropping the rare part
    • Therefore you have a 90% likelihood of not getting the rare part
    • Since each trial is independent, that means you have a (0.9)19 = 13.5% likelihood of not getting any rares at all in 19 runs
    • This means you're more likely to not get any rares in 19 runs than that you would get the rare on your first try
  • A radiant relic in a 4-man radshare run has a 34.39% likelihood of dropping the rare part
    • This is a 65.61% likelihood of not dropping the rare part in a 4-man radshare
    • To not get the rare part in 19 runs would be a (0.6561)19 =  0.03% likelihood of not getting any rares at all in 19 runs
    • This is only about 5x more likely to occur than for you to be struck by lightning in your lifetime.

There's a reason there are clans with exclusive clan gear and missions with key and relic sharing, and this is that the game's progression isn't balanced around purely solo play.  

Edited by sly_squash

On 2024-03-17 at 7:52 PM, sly_squash said:

I agree that the game does not respect my time, but you're not doing it any favors by farming the part as inefficiently as humanly possible.

• A radiant relic in a solo run has a 10% likelihood of dropping the rare part
    • Therefore you have a 90% likelihood of not getting the rare part
    • Since each trial is independent, that means you have a (0.9)19 = 13.5% likelihood of not getting any rares at all in 19 runs
    • This means you're more likely to not get any rares in 19 runs than that you would get the rare on your first try
  • A radiant relic in a 4-man radshare run has a 34.39% likelihood of dropping the rare part
    • This is a 65.61% likelihood of not dropping the rare part in a 4-man radshare
    • To not get the rare part in 19 runs would be a (0.6561)19 =  0.03% likelihood of not getting any rares at all in 19 runs
    • This is only about 5x more likely to occur than for you to be struck by lightning in your lifetime.

There's a reason there are clans with exclusive clan gear and missions with key and relic sharing, and this is that the game's progression isn't balanced around purely solo play.  

As much as I think OP is being unreasonable.... have you ever tried to get a relicshare group for an off-meta weapon from several prime releases ago?

You'd be lucky to sit in recruitment all day and find one person.

On 2024-03-17 at 2:24 PM, (PSN)Foxville1971 said:

What rng protection are you talking about? 

Use context clues my guy. We were talking about the trading system.

And for gods sake the blueprint you want is 15 platinum on the market right now. That's as cheap as a rare part gets. You probably tripped over 50 mods each individually worth more than that along the way. It'd literally be more effort to go make a sandwich than to trade for this part.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 5

Just now, PollexMessier said:

As much as I think OP is being unreasonable.... have you ever tried to get a relicshare group for an off-meta weapon from several prime releases ago?

Imagine using recruitment chat to find people for radshares...

On 2024-03-18 at 8:16 AM, sly_squash said:

Imagine using recruitment chat to find people for radshares...

:/ Not everyone's in a 2000+ member clan full of people jonesing to jump on the first person to ask for a relicshare of any kind. Or has a large group of friends that play the game willing to just drop everything to help you farm one stupid prime part.

Some people are in tiny clans, or personal clans, and none of their friends are into the game. It's not a difficult thing to wrap your head around.

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

Use context clues my guy. We were talking about the trading system.

And for gods sake the blueprint you want is 15 platinum on the market right now. That's as cheap as a rare part gets. You probably tripped over 50 mods each individually worth more than that along the way. It'd literally be more effort to go make a sandwich.

Exactly this, I don't have time to sit in recruitment for a pos weapon.

I could buy every prime I need when they come out but call me stupid but I like to play the game and get them to drop.

The only prime weapon I bought was the redeemer prime because I needed the handle and it was vaulted by that time.

Some people like sitting trading I don't, I don't log on to watch a trade chat.

I play the game to get the weapons to drop, I don't rely on others for anything, yes it's an inefficient way to farm but it's getting worse.

46 minutes ago, (PSN)Foxville1971 said:

I could buy every prime I need when they come out but call me stupid but I like to play the game and get them to drop.

The only prime weapon I bought was the redeemer prime because I needed the handle and it was vaulted by that time.

I play the game to get the weapons to drop, I don't rely on others for anything, yes it's an inefficient way to farm but it's getting worse.

Just as the game is balanced with the expectation you'll crack relics alongside others, the game is also balanced with the expectation you'll engage with the marketplace.  Some people get two drops of A but 0 drops of B.  Others get two drops of B but 0 of A.  One simple trade and both players are fully stocked with set AB; no additional farming needed.

I lose sympathy for you when you go out of your way to play this game as ass-backwards as humanly possible... and then complain about how it's "not respecting your time".  It's like if your boss asked you to mop the floor so you grab a toothbrush then complain about being overworked when it takes you all day to do a half hour job.

Nothing is "getting worse"; it's actually getting much better.  We have Prime Resurgence now.  Stock up on Aya in your off season when there are no primes you need and go on a spending spree when the frames you need get shuffled into rotation.  Much easier to just buy exactly what you need in exactly the quantities you need than what we had to do before that (i.e. wait until our Primes were unvaulted and farm their relics out directly and unreliably on the spot).  And there are always plenty of radshares available for whatever is in season.

Also we just got done having a Prime Resurgence event where every relic was in stock for several weeks...

Finally, both Trade Chat and Recruiting Chat are effectively obsolete and have been for quite some time.  We have warframe.market and vaulted relic community now.

Edited by sly_squash
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, (PSN)Foxville1971 said:

Who uses trade chat when we have warframe.market?

You're doing it wrong. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, sly_squash said:

Just as the game is balanced with the expectation you'll crack relics alongside others, the game is also balanced with the expectation you'll engage with the marketplace.  Some people get two drops of A but 0 drops of B.  Others get two drops of B but 0 of A.  One simple trade and both players are fully stocked with set AB; no additional farming needed.

I lose sympathy for you when you go out of your way to play this game as ass-backwards as humanly possible... and then complain about how it's "not respecting your time".  It's like if your boss asked you to mop the floor so you grab a toothbrush then complain about being overworked when it takes you all day to do a half hour job.

Nothing is "getting worse"; it's actually getting much better.  We have Prime Resurgence now.  Stock up on Aya in your off season when there are no primes you need and go on a spending spree when the frames you need get shuffled into rotation.  Much easier to just buy exactly what you need in exactly the quantities you need than what we had to do before that (i.e. wait until our Primes were unvaulted and farm their relics out directly and unreliably on the spot).  And there are always plenty of radshares available for whatever is in season.

Also we just got done having a Prime Resurgence event where every relic was in stock for several weeks...

Finally, both Trade Chat and Recruiting Chat are effectively obsolete and have been for quite some time.  We have warframe.market and vaulted relic community now.

The fact that you have to go outside the game to trade and you think that's ok??? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Psianide73 said:

Who uses trade chat when we have warframe.market?

You're doing it wrong. 

And maybe you didn't read that I've said many times I play the game to get the stuff to drop.

If I want to play a game that the gameplay loop is log on buy weapons I'll play a different game and in that case what's point of playing?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, (PSN)Foxville1971 said:

And maybe you didn't read that I've said many times I play the game to get the stuff to drop.

If I want to play a game that the gameplay loop is log on buy weapons I'll play a different game and in that case what's point of playing?

You're still playing the game to get the items you sell to pay for the items you need. 

I'd rather get what I want from drops, but rng doesn't always work like that. 

Better to have multiple options to get what you want. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Psianide73 said:

You're still playing the game to get the items you sell to pay for the items you need. 

I'd rather get what I want from drops, but rng doesn't always work like that. 

Better to have multiple options to get what you want. 

I do understand what you are saying but everyone plays it their own way.

If it's a case where it becomes easier to buy everything I therefore don't see the point of the game.

I don't mind the grind but it's taking the piss for me at 19 in a row never mind the poster that seen 57 or something just to get a rhino part.

10 minutes ago, (PSN)Foxville1971 said:

If it's a case where it becomes easier to buy everything I therefore don't see the point of the game.

It's not like you buy everything. There are enough things to do in game that you should be able to find something that you enjoy playing that is also a decent passive farm for sellable items. Play what you enjoy while making some plat on the side to buy whatever you don't like farming. 

• Like 3

On 2024-03-17 at 6:48 AM, (PSN)Foxville1971 said:

Solo, I don't care about the lower drop rate or the wasting void traces

With respect, clearly you do care about low drop rates, because you made this thread

On 2024-03-17 at 1:39 AM, (PSN)Foxville1971 said:

Don't take my time on this game for granted.

I would humbly suggest that you take this advice yourself.  By opening relics solo, you are choosing to reduce your odds of success by nearly 75%.

It's RNG, so sometimes even if you do everything right you're going to get unlucky, and that's always a bummer.  But you're quartering your odds and then getting frustrated that you haven't won yet.

You deserve to be happy, so please set yourself up for success instead of failure.

Edited by UnstarPrime
math
  • Like 3

This is exactly the reason why you should only ever treat Warframe and other grindy games as a 'i got nothing better to do, let's play this'-sort of option rather than an actual game you would play regularly and consistently.

I think the devs even stated several times this is what Wf is supposed to be; something about the infamous 'Bite sized content' comes to mind.

So how do you make this farm efficient?

If you're oldschool and like to farm the proper way you can also cap out in Hieracon until you can't get any more Syndicate standing and relic packs for the day while also getting relics from extractors.

Run ESO and get rads instantly, also cap out fast.

Pugs will likely run your relics since they aren't vaulted so it's just a matter of swallowing all the downsides of pug runs.

You will get your lost relics back in like 3-4 days worst case scenario by just playing the game casually, only like 1-2 hours per day-pretty low effort too.

You will probably get your winning Neo lottery ticket even faster than your regular Axi.

I can somewhat understand your frustration if Wf is the only game you play and maybe don't have enough time to farm, otherwise it's just an 'eventually i get there' for all of us.

Really just try ESO, it feels like you're swimming in rad relics in no time.

And the traces you get from these failed rads add up to rad your relics from Syndicate packs.

Or you can go full tryhard and recruit for radshares or trade for it to get it almost instantly but that disqualifies you from sigma chad grinder überpro airhorn doritos ninja status so don't do it unless you like being berated by me and my useless Kuva Lich's fifteen imaginary friends who i'm sure shares my opinion of it being uncool.

All jokes aside and seriously though, you probably would have found someone in trade chat willing to trade literal scraps for that part since you know-others got back luck with RNG too, such as getting unneeded duplicates for the specific blueprint you need.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (PSN)Foxville1971 said:

I do understand what you are saying but everyone plays it their own way.

I don't mind the grind but it's taking the piss for me at 19 in a row never mind the poster that seen 57 or something just to get a rhino part.

It's not easier to buy everything. For one there's a lot in the game you can't buy. But there's also a lot in the game that is just easier or more fulfilling to farm for.

The point everyone's been trying to make is, this ain't it. Relics are the most repetitive grind in the game. You're not losing out on anything by admitting you're sick of it and bypassing some bad luck stints with some platinum. It's basically the same system as the belric and rania crystals, just with the extra steps of needing to sell some stuff and interact with other players... in an mmo... You get bad luck, you sell the crap you got that you don't want, you buy the thing you wanted. That's how the system was built and balanced. That is part of the experience of the game. You're not robbing yourself of anything by using the trading system, you're participating in the game as-intended.

It's not the game's fault you refuse to do this. It's yours. This is 100% a you problem.

• Like 2

Games have used die rolls as a principle mechanic for literally all of recorded history.

If the ancient Sumerians could vibe with a d4 as an influence in their game, then Jimbo here can as well.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)Timidobserver:

I don't understand you. Neo D7 is a relatively popular relic due to the Khora and Wisp piece. It would be easy to find a rad share for that. 

You do not have to. This is clearly a candle/curse darkness scenario.

Personally, I enjoy running solo relics.  Laid back, no rushing, and I can pause the game any time I need.  I agree with you OP, but at the same time rng do be like that.  As someone who came from a game where you camped for mobs that take a week to spawn for a not 100% drop and a game where you only got a chance at a drop once an hour but only if you complete the previous step perfectly and pray you get picked for the special fight that does drop the item 100% (which you are competing with others for the solo fight) the relic system seems okay considering how easy it is to farm more relics to crack.  Not to mention you will eventually get a nice stock of dust to upgrade said relics.  That said, 57 runs without what you are gunning for does stink, enjoy your forma blueprints though!