Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Regional Pricing Adjustments

[DE]Megan

Hello, Tenno! 

In an extensive effort to address regional currency manipulation, Real Money Trade (RMT), and to maintain a consistent baseline pricing across all platforms, we have regional price adjustments coming into effect for LATAM and MENA on March 27th. 

Warframe is among many other game developers in the industry who have recognized and undergone similar adjustments in an effort to keep up with exchange rate changes and, most importantly, methods of currency manipulation in regions where the offerings are exceedingly below the baseline. 

To further clarify, no pricing adjustments are being made to regions outside of LATAM and MENA regions (i.e. no changes to currencies such as USD, CAD, EURO, etc.)

Please contact our Support team if you have questions on how this affects you.

We recognize that making monetary adjustments to a free-to-play game can be met with distaste and frustration, and for that, we sincerely apologize. We are doing what is necessary for the health of the game.

Thank you.

• Like 9

Hello!

I'm a rare Ecuadorian Warframe player (Latinoamerican). Just wanted to say that I genuinely believe that the prices should've not stayed that way and I'm glad you fixed it while also retaining them buyable for us "in-development countries" lads. 

Thanks a lot for your game, I'll stick with ya'll till the very end. 

• Like 2

I think 2 out of 3 reasons given for the price adjustments are not a justification for the change and I think the announcement it not clear enough and the wording was bad to the point where is painting DE in a bad light.

Whenever those reasons are cited as the why changes happened, the people that actually get punished are the ones that suffer the most with the changes, and that usually falls on people in "poorer countries". Regional Pricing is a system that was created to give access to people in poor countries to products/games/benefits that would be very hard or impossible to get by legal means, bumping the prices up because people in the global north are taking advantage of it is just PUNISHING people in poorer countries.

I have people dear to me that live in the US and Canada, while I live in Brasil. I can't gift them games on Steam on their birthday for that EXACT REASON.

Minimum wage in Brasil right now is equivalent to $283 (R$1412), the exchange rate is 1:5. Considering that regional pricing here makes the exchange rate close to 1:2 means that more people are able to afford plat in a situation where they wouldn't be able to.

I play FFXIV, the subscription is R$28 ($5,60), the original price is $13 ($65), it would be hard for me to play the game if they decided to change the pricing and I know a lot of people who would just straight up stop playing because they wouldn't be able to afford it. So I think that in the business perspective, it's a very risky decision since it's a balance between money you're not getting because of that difference and money that you will not get anymore because people will just drop their support entirely.

So, in my opinion, as someone that, in my current situation, would be able to afford price changes, you should really REALLY be careful with those, not because it might not make me not buy plat ever again, but just the wording of the announcement being made is making me reconsider possible future purchases, reason being it does feel like you're throwing the burden of the global north players on the back of the global south players when I think there might be a better solution.

• Like 14

Minimum wage in Venezuela is around $100 per month, if not less. In other words, around 3-5 USD per day.

While I personally am not affected, for I make and spend in USD anyway, my sister that started playing last month was thrilled to see the old prices and compare them to what I would have to pay and bought herself some Royal Aya right away to jumpstart her journey with the Prime resurgence packs for Titania, Banshee, Gara and Mirage.

She just contacted me because she checked the game and was shocked that now everything in the store shot up in price by double or more. She is absolutely not happy about this change. 

Not a fan of this decision. I know why you did it, but it feels like this was not the best solution, regardless.

Edited by ScorpDK
  • Like 11

The last change (before this one) was perfect... I don't know why it is necessary to make another change... and sadly it is getting worse...
Salary standards in Latin America are not the same as those of countries with native currency US$. (60USD is already equivalent to 20 to 25% of the monthly salary in Latin America)
22usd packages now cost 55usd and the 2usd ones are now 8usd

You might think that the increase is not much but for those in Latin America it is a lot, enough that it no longer leaves me motivated to want to continue buying. I myself have already given up wanting to buy Gauss Prime Access.

It is known that there are many people who find a way to take advantage of this but it is not fair that because of a few it leaves the rest of us with the inability to afford the pleasure of purchasing packages either out of vanity for the sole fact of supporting the game.

• Like 6

Its just not feasible for Turkiye too. Before it was really low I get it but maybe adjusting it a bit more higher would've solved the problem. Now it is really equal to the USD variant. You guys literally tripled the prices LoL. I was really having fun but it really butchers the disposable money that I can spare for the game.

I hope future adjustments would be considered.

• Like 6

Before, I paid money to buy stuff.

Now, I will pay exactly zero money.

Who am I? I am almost everyone who live in the aforementioned regions.

I understand the reason why this adjustment has been made but well, it is what it is.

• Like 10

Currently living in Egypt, minimum wages are too low nearly 4000 egp with the exchange rate being 50egp for 1 dollar. it would cost me 1600 egp for a prime bundle when it only used to be 750. I understand the reason behind the change but maybe as said consider it more as it basically just disables most players from being able to buy anything.

• Like 7

I'd like to recommend that, at the very least, for the affected regions you could offer the Prime Access packs and Regal Aya at their old asking price but stripping out the Platinum (which, iirc, is the ONLY thing you can actually trade), to protect the market without completely screwing the LATAM / MENA crowd. 

It's a compromise I think many would prefer over being asked to pay 2-6 times as much as they did previously.

• Like 2

This is a really sad decision. I just got 75% off, coincidence or testing the waters if people are gonna continue buy?

As a person who suffers from anxiety and depression, this year Warframe become a second house where I can relax and have fun. 
In this months I have been buying because I felt it was good price and also to support the game. 

Other people in this thread already stated how bad our countries are, in different flavors. 

I beg you to reconsider.

• Like 5

So, due to the incompetence of the DE team, entire countries will be punished by having to pay more? I was thinking about getting more platinum, but after this lazy 'solution,' it's more likely that I'll focus on other games with better prices.

• Like 12

This one was the only game I was still able to buy some currencies from time to time , guess that not even on here I can do that now. Weird how me too I got a 75% off just when all the prices went up

• Like 8

It increase over 5x for me on Xbox! Warframe and DE is awesome, but that just made me quit as I can't afford to buy platinum anymore, and don't have the time to just farm away (on top the usual grind).

• Like 1

This is terrible. DE you should really check how much is the minimum salary in this countries who either way have terrible economies. For people of most of LATAM to pay this prices, they might have to leave 1/4 of their salary, do you think thats fair? Ok at all? Im all for Warframe, even a founder, but this is really dissapointing. From now on, I will have to think if I CAN pay for anything in the game. I love that is free to play, and I love the game. But if I want some tenogen, If I wanted to support you with the prime accesses, or whatever, now you make it impossible. Please, I know this is one message and prolly no one of the team will read it, but its VERY hard to support or be happy with the game if you lose consideration of the players from different places. Disastrous mega companies made this decision and screwed all LATAM players, they dont give a darn about us. Please, dont become like that. I love the Warframe, really do, and plan to play and support it, but please, try to search for all this information and make a responsible decision for your playerbase. Thanks.

• Like 6

This change has sadly made Platinum, Prime access, etc basically impossible to buy in Argentina. I love this game, but I can't justify spending so much on it. The previous prices were undeniably generous, but they also meant we could actually afford the stuff. The new prices don't take into account the reality of the region and are pretty much following Valve's recommendations, which are sadly extremely outdated (probably because there's been a fair amount of lobbying to get rid of regional pricing from people who don't understand that without it, there's many regions that can't actually afford anything at all)

I regretfully doubt that anyone will care to change this, since it's unlikely they got anyone in their team who's knowledgeable with the situation. I hope I'm wrong, but from what I've seen overall, I feel that hope is a fool's hope and nothing more.

This change coming completely out of the blue with no time to do anything about it is also a very sad thing to see. Even Bungie who aren't exactly known for being the best when it comes to pricing things and anything regarding monetary transactions gave us an actual heads-up before changing prices for their ingame currency, so people could buy some to save up.

• Like 7

On 2024-03-27 at 5:10 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Hello, Tenno! 

In an extensive effort to address regional currency manipulation, Real Money Trade (RMT), and to maintain a consistent baseline pricing across all platforms, we have regional price adjustments coming into effect for LATAM and MENA on March 27th. 

Warframe is among many other game developers in the industry who have recognized and undergone similar adjustments in an effort to keep up with exchange rate changes and, most importantly, methods of currency manipulation in regions where the offerings are exceedingly below the baseline. 

To further clarify, no pricing adjustments are being made to regions outside of LATAM and MENA regions (i.e. no changes to currencies such as USD, CAD, EURO, etc.)

Please contact our Support team if you have questions on how this affects you.

We recognize that making monetary adjustments to a free-to-play game can be met with distaste and frustration, and for that, we sincerely apologize. We are doing what is necessary for the health of the game.

Thank you.

how can i contact support ?? the plat price sky rocket for me i cant buy it like that like if u want to increas price dont double it just make it +10$ i cant get plat for 80 dollars

please lower the prices

• Like 1

I've been an avid player of the game for years (along my fellow Tenno here), consistently purchasing packs since around 2019-2020 (prior to that, I was dedicated to grinding my way through the game on PS4). I've always held your company in high regard for its evident commitment to the community.

However, this recent decision has left many of us feeling deeply disappointed.

I'm not sure if you're fully aware of the dire economic situation in certain regions, including my own country, Argentina. The reality is bleak, and your recent pricing adjustments have effectively rendered most packs unattainable for us, save for those priced between 6 and 20 USD. 

I sincerely hope you reconsider your actions or, at the very least, implement a more reasonable pricing structure. This would undoubtedly benefit both your company and its community.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, hope you guys make the right choice. 

• Like 3