Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does my orbiter have a blue glow now

Xelotah

I like the lighting update, but why does the part that connects the landing ship to the orbiter glow with a blue light? As far as I can see there is no light source that emits that sort of light there, and it frankly just looks bad depending on which color theme you went for with your ship. Please fix.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Xelotah said:

I like the lighting update, but why does the part that connects the landing ship to the orbiter glow with a blue light? As far as I can see there is no light source that emits that sort of light there, and it frankly just looks bad depending on which color theme you went for with your ship. Please fix.

I just finished doing the update I like it but what the hell, my orbiter has lost its glossy main colour textures back to a matt finish and it looks like someone has had a heavy night smoking cigarettes with the blue haze I have floating around. (non-smoker btw) it seems to be trying to imitate a mysterious darkish area throughout my orbiter in space, not earth camp, I haven't been there to see how it looks.

Edit:
Update Earth camp is just as bad and another thing I've noticed is my snowman and snow in my orbiter has gone from white to blue and my snowman is almost black, not to mention the lighting on all my decorations are void of light and very black in appearance.

Edited by Slayer-.
  • Like 3

Personally i LOVE the new look for the orbiter, much better than before imo. actual lighting, and actual dark areas, more "moody".

Also when i looked at the blue light, i gasped, "why does it look so GOOD???"

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

Personally i LOVE the new look for the orbiter, much better than before imo. actual lighting, and actual dark areas, more "moody".

Also when i looked at the blue light, i gasped, "why does it look so GOOD???"

I've tweaked mine to get it close to what I had and it looks a little better, though some textures got toned down to a matt finish, I'll just have to get used to it.

I don't know why DE don't add a brightness slider in the options for the orbiter, mine would have looked a lot better going a bit brighter than having to drop up one texture in the colour pallette to get it near what I had.

My snowman is still black/blue though from the white snow it's meant to be.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

I've tweaked mine to get it close to what I had and it looks a little better, though some textures got toned down to a matt finish, I'll just have to get used to it.

I don't know why DE don't add a brightness slider in the options for the orbiter, mine would have looked a lot better going a bit brighter than having to drop up one texture in the colour pallette to get it near what I had.

that'd actually be a good addition

5 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

It screws up the snowman in the "winter orbiter" theme and I hate it

We need a toggle or something to be able to turn off the new lighting effect in our Orbiter only though hard to do for just one area I'd say but like you, my snowman/snow is now 

17 hours ago, Slayer-. said: