Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i feel like dante is too good ?

Xenevier

3 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

He went from A tier to C tier, not caliban level but he WILL be as forgotten as caliban 

Can’t deny that

His Ult has the stupid LoS restriction… which in itself is fine but LoS never works anyways

Garuda’s Ult never hits the grineer right in front of her, and that has a wider radius than Dante… can’t hit S#&$ with Dante’s Ult now 

Edited by Aruquae
Why was there an extra “but”

11 hours ago, Xenevier said:

can you not read? im one of the people who hates the changes, i didnt call for nerfs, i didnt call for tragedy to even be touched, i even said i think tragedy is good the way it is and should not be touched, this isnt what my post was talking about nor is it what i asked for or ANY other person asked for

You know a nerf is bad when even one of the few people advocating for a nerf wants DE to revert it lmao

• Like 6

19 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Notice the word crossed out? "Powercreep"? That's what I was originally talking about. I shouldn't have agreed to Kit's appeal to definition and again - for that I'm oh so sorry. 🙄 I'm talking about powercreep, not progression. Again - if you're not, talk to someone else.

Yes, that is why I say it doesnt make sense and that you are actually talking about progression. Since powercreep has nothing to do with what you are talking about when using the word powercrept in your original post. When you changed it to progression it atleast made sense, aside from you being upset about progression in a game about farming items and power.

22 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

It's not healthy to have a knee-jeek so strong it's knocking your own teeth out

lmao, I thought you were talking about DE for a second there.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yes, that is why I say it doesnt make sense and that you are actually talking about progression. Since powercreep has nothing to do with what you are talking about when using the word powercrept in your original post. When you changed it to progression it atleast made sense, aside from you being upset about progression in a game about farming items and power.

Now I know DE screwed up.  It's really weird to watch two people who are usually on the dev defense force together yelling at each other instead of yelling at the people issuing criticisms.  It's kind of sad lol.  Here, let me help.  

"DE bad."

Now yell at me instead lmao.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Since powercreep has nothing to do with what you are talking about when using the word powercrept in your original post.

Yes it does? I was talking about the continual upward creeping of power and its consequences, like the game not being able to spawn enough enemies to keep up with how far player power has crept. Power, creeping....

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952kb6bdfnofysgb55ek5w

🤔

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Yes it does? I was talking about the continual upward creeping of power and its consequences, like the game not being able to spawn enough enemies to keep up with how far player power has crept. Power, creeping....

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952kb6bdfnofysgb55ek5w

🤔

That is not powercreep. Powercreep is a term used when we simply abandon content and items, constantly replacing it with higher items to do higher content. We still play the old content, we still use gear from way way back. In WF we replace things every few years at most, and often not for something directly more powerful. It's like with Primes, an item we replace another one with every 4(!) years. Then weapons come from time to time, mostly as side grades, and are never needed in order to finish some new piece of content. Heck, most of my modding is 7+ years old. And most new mod improvements are on a case to case basis depending on what you actually play.

I'm not sure what "enough enemies" have to do with anything. Where are you playing if you run out of enemies? In endless they spawn as fast as we kill, in one-off missions they have always been static. Do you want a higher requirement on kills in exterminate? Do you have a kps well above 3.0 in survival? Where exactly do you want more enemies? The real problem are the levels that DE are afraid to utilize even though they are in the game. A simple tweak and cap of enemy damage output and they've have 9999 levels of potential enemies for a wider range of players.

11 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

Says the guy pulling facts out of his ass. You try to use the "I know better than you" card and then have nothing to substantiate it with? 

Not to mention, this is not a random survey. It's one of willing participation and it was posted in some of the most biased populations of the community.

I made no specific claim about teh accuracy of teh specific survey, only that the science on data we have now shows that with a large population, only around 1000 responses are needed to get decently accurate data on a topic.

If you want to learn the science, you are welcome to take the time to do so, I have no desire to coddle the close minded. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iSiawPrime said:

You know a nerf is bad when even one of the few people advocating for a nerf wants DE to revert it lmao

DE missed so hard even the "bad guy" doesnt agree lol, i am yet to see a single person ask for tragedy nerfs, even my post said nothing about tragedy being too good

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

That is not powercreep.

Yes it is?

Power creep is a common challenge in multiplayer games, especially those that involve progression, customization, and updates. It refers to the situation where new content or features make older ones obsolete or irrelevant, creating an imbalance and a loss of diversity in the game.

It occurs when new additions are consistently more powerful than existing ones, leading to a shift. Power creep can affect balance, as older elements become less relevant or obsolete compared to newer, stronger elements.

The situation where successive updates or expansions to a game introduce more powerful units or abilities, leaving the older ones underpowered.

2 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

I was talking about the continual upward creeping of power and its consequences, like the game not being able to spawn enough enemies to keep up with how far player power has crept.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9524l75n5067wc7tilfgzl

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm not sure what "enough enemies" have to do with anything.

Player power has crept up so high that a very high enemy density has become the standard expectation. Console hosts cannot spawn this volume of enemies like PC players can.

Big powerful boy
Who need many enemies
Enemies not fit

• Like 3

I am encouraged by what I have read in the Los changes, but how about changes to overguard and rage/hunter adrenaline all interactions? That's one of the major complaints, and given one of my most played frames is Oberon? I get it. But to dumpster Dante's own survivability is dumb.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zimzala said:

I made no specific claim about teh accuracy of teh specific survey, only that the science on data we have now shows that with a large population, only around 1000 responses are needed to get decently accurate data on a topic.

If you want to learn the science, you are welcome to take the time to do so, I have no desire to coddle the close minded. 

Which only works with a truly random sampling. Which if you looked at the survey, you'd know wasn't the case at all

You are a very pompous person. You can go coddle your fragile ego with all that free time you have from lacking the means to explain yourself or actually contextualizing the quote you're responding to.

Edited by KitMeHarder

On 2024-04-03 at 6:51 PM, quxier said:

Is energy really that high? I mean, sure, to cast 4th you need 2x25 + 50. However with his Grimoire, Energize etc he can regenerate so much energy that it's not issue. And you don't even have to specialize in "energy regen/source" things like Helminth abilities or companions.

They really aren't just 2x25+50requires preparation
2x25+50 to have overguard
2x25+50 to get the book
2x25+50 for the birds
After that it would be 2x25+50 to deal damage until you have to recast the cooldowns

If it is true that with his book you can get a lot of energy, the bad thing is that if he focused the build on his skills, you don't want to have to use his book constantly because it would take away your time to continue using his skills Another different thing is that you make a build specifically for the damage with your book, these do not have as much energy demand

We can use equilibrium or other things but that does not mean that the energy expenditure is very high.

8 hours ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

I am encouraged by what I have read in the Los changes, but how about changes to overguard and rage/hunter adrenaline all interactions? That's one of the major complaints, and given one of my most played frames is Oberon? I get it. But to dumpster Dante's own survivability is dumb.

They apparently are fixing the overgaird thing for dante and similar frames so they did the thing that the community first asked themto so in the first place but waited until after they nerfed dante into oblivion to do it. Fix didn't work so they had to do another fix the incompetent is real. So now chroma and everyone else gets the fix and buffs but dante and nezha get shagged. You can't make this sh** up smh pathetic 

21 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Yes it is?

No since WF doesnt introduce new power nor content on a regular basis that effectively renders old items/content obsolete. Powercreep is about a constant introductions of more powerful items and content. It doesnt apply when you get replacements and slightly more power sporadically, sometimes with years passing in between. It is just natural progression.

I mean, someone can claim that things like Bramma and Kzarr was powercreep, but in reality it wasnt, since what they did AoE already did earlier, to a point where DE nerfed it long long long ago. So what DE really did with the introduction of Bramma and Kzarr (and early AoE changes) was revert the gameplay to an earlier state, since potentially it fit better in the game at that point. 

21 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Player power has crept up so high that a very high enemy density has become the standard expectation. Console hosts cannot spawn this volume of enemies like PC players can.

Big powerful boy
Who need many enemies
Enemies not fit

But lol... that has always been a thing. All that has really changed is that we are allowed to build so we can also farm effeciently in high content (and access high content without hours of work) that rewards slightly more in return for slightly higher threat. And that we can do it solo. Which would have also been possible all the same before in low content with the old and weak skills if DE just allowed us to have the same density solo as in groups. The kill rate has always been the same, it just happened to rely on groups earlier since DE were stingy about giving us 4-player density while solo for some reason. 

It's been like that since I started playing 7 years ago and it had been like that long before I joined aswell. Density has always been a standard.

37 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

No since WF doesnt introduce new power nor content on a regular basis that effectively renders old items/content obsolete.

lol

39 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

The kill rate has always been the same

lmao even

38 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

that has always been a thing.

No, the high spawn rates have not always been a thing. This is where we started:

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

lol

lmao even

No, the high spawn rates have not always been a thing. This is where we started:

What you decide to show is also still part of the game, in low level missions when we are new. So again, you are against natural progress, since your "powercreep" starts the moment we grab a few mods and non-MK1 starter weapons.

High density gameplay in the shape we have now in endless has been around since around 2015. Meaning it has been the norm for the majority of the current lifespan of the game. High density gameplay was added prior to that though, already in 2013, but tweaked to feel smoother and better up to and through parts of 2015.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

High density gameplay in the shape we have now in endless has been around since around 2015.

No it hasn't.

aslan-do-not-cite-the-ancient-magic-to-m

2 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

Off topic but

Pc > Console 

Big, girthy PCs.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

No it hasn't.

Yes it has. Unless you claim all of a sudden patch notes lie. Since the last changes to survival mob spawns occured in 2015. The only change after that was to fix consistancy between early and late star chart.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yes it has. Unless you claim all of a sudden patch notes lie. Since the last changes to survival mob spawns occured in 2015. The only change after that was to fix consistancy between early and late star chart.

I don't think that came around until the next generation consoles came out 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OneOmniverse said:

Lower spawn rates on consoles has probably always been a thing. The difference only became really obvious when SP ramped spawns up even further than normal and PC and console players started interacting via Crossplay. Though spawn rate issues were starting to appear even before SP, like in Railjack where the enemies are intentionally beefier because DE physically can't spawn enough to fill out the tiles in POIs when players can potentially split up and be 20km+ away from each other. That's also why they tried moving to Taxijack so they could condense spawns in one place (and not have to make new ground mission types). It's an ongoing limitation, it's just we're finally to the point where it's causing problems and can't be ignored anymore.

20 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Who is talking about just Survival? The game as a whole has gotten significantly faster over time, and the spawn rates have had to increase over time to keep up. It's absurd that you would even think to claim otherwise.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, OneOmniverse said:

That is/was just a tech limitation issue. The way it has been intended has been seen and experienced for PC players since 2015. We shouldnt have our power and fun altered due to the pleb state of old consoles. If so I rather turn off crossplay to keep it as is for PC.

• Like 1