Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Toxic Lash does not apply an extra hit of toxin damage to every damage instance

Toxic Lash no longer works the way it did before.

When hitting several enemies at once (be it melee or other kind of AoE), it now only applies the extra hit to a single enemy.

When hitting several multishot bullets at once, only a single Toxic Lash instance happens.

It also does not proc on every damage instance, as can be proven by simply bringing a weapon with a high fire rate and shooting at a single enemy. The enemy will end up having a lot less toxin procs than shots were fired.

Hitting Spore affected enemies with Toxic Lash infused melee weapons also no longer applies extra Toxic Lash instances for each spore.

Xata's Whisper, which is kind of an identical ability but with Void damage, still appears to work as normal. Which makes me think, was this an intended nerf? Did I miss patch notes?

• Like 17

The extra toxin damage and status effects from Toxic Lash are not scaling with green shards. Toxic lash is also no longer applying a guaranteed toxin status like it did prior to Dante Unbound.

Toxin status effects are also no longer being spread via the Acid Shells mod for the Sobek, when they used to prior to Dante Unbound.

• Like 10

can confirm, roar also does not apply to the procs as it should. It also does not apply to multishot anymore you get at most 1 proc per pull of a trigger? the ? is was it intended or an accident....

• Like 6

Adding more info:

Melee AoEs seem inconsistently affected. My bo prime and nami solo incarnons seemed to only get 1, rarely 2 procs, but my dex nikana was fairly consistently getting 2, regardless of hitting 2 or 3 enemies.

Hitscan weapons with punchthrough can only affect one enemy, but projectiles with punchthrough can affect multiple enemies per shot..

Some stun animations seem to prevent toxic lash from applying. Bronco Prime's Dizzying Rounds entirely prevents toxic lash from proccing, and toxic lash cannot proc at the same time as an initial electric proc (i.e. an enemy has no electric procs, then the weapon shot procs electric toxic lash will not apply). Heat procs are unaffected.

• Like 8

couple strange things i noticed about toxic lash

-does not apply on multishot, especially harmful towards weapons like shotguns due to only 1 pellet applying toxin

-the kuva nukor only applies toxin on the 3rd target hit from it's chaining effect

-aoe weapons such as the epitaph only apply toxin to a single enemy damaged by the explosion

-weapons with punch through only apply toxin to the final enemy hit by the projectile
:(

Who loves undocumented changes to abilities that did not need touching? 

Not us. 

Bumping this every chance I can get, until it is in the known issues thread / verbally spoken about and brought to DE’s attention.

• Like 3

also would like to add that with melee not all enemys hit in a swing get toxic proced.

also with acid shells and vulcan blitz, even if multiple enemys are in range and recieve damage from the explosion, only 1 enemy gets toxic proced most of the time. every 5% of the time enemys that do recieve the toxic proc dont actually have a status on them.

Lash has been broke, energy max has been taken and not a single note to be seen of it in update notes. Saryn does not deserve this kind of abuse please amend the problems the update caused with Dante. DE!!!!! 

Edited by CapKirk22
  • Like 4

Here's the deal.  Things like Toxic Lash and Venom Dose affected the damage done by Acid Shells, and made it so that it was actually a useful mod.  This interaction no longer works.  One of the problems is that this was left in the game for so long, no one exactly knew if this was an intended interaction to make the mod actually worth using, or just a bug DE was ignoring.  That's a huge problem with communication with DE.  It makes it so you never know if something interesting will get nerfed or not.  

The other problem, is that Acid Shells, without this interaction, is just another mod in an utterly ridiculous, massive pile of completely and totally useless mods.  I own every mod.  I've tried all of these specialized augment mods out.  Concealed Explosives, Static Discharge, Vulcan Blitz, most of the Syndicate augments, etc, are mostly useless.  The few that aren't absolutely worthless are usually for weapons that are so weak that they still don't matter.  Not only should this change to Acid Shells be fixed/reverted, but every other augment mod should be buffed and/or changed to work the same way Acid Shells does.  Without this interaction, the Sobek is low/mid at its absolute best.  Nerfing a weapon that already needed help is insane to me, if this was done on purpose.  If this is a bug and is getting fixed, please consider changing other mods so that more weapons can get better benefits and actually see use beyond low level content and MR grinding.  Because the only thing the loss of this interaction does is lower weapon diversity.  You aren't killing the meta here.  You're nerfing completely niche builds that are in-line or weaker than meta loadouts.

• Like 2

This update indeed broke the Sobek/Acidshells/Toxic Lash interaction that made it unique and interesting to use. I hope DE reverts any unintentional changes or if it was never intentional, to say so so we can move on. 

• Like 2

I really hope thats a bug and It get fiz soon, Saryn is my favorite frame and Saryn + Sobek is my favorite build in the game, and with all the reworks thats been going on It seens like such a randon and not necessery nerf for something that was working fine

Also makes no sense that they said on the devstream that nourish was being nerf and said nothing about this, Saryn is one of the most played frames and this is such a big and bad nerf to just sneak in.

• Like 4

it doesnt get affected by multishot, sometimes toxin doesnt proc at all

and i also believe it doesnt get any benefit from mods, so yeah it's completely broken right now

They removed the forced toxin proc on Saryn's toxic lash and I saw it nowhere in the patch notes. I can't help but feel it was to completely stop the use melee influence on her. Which worked cause it's way harder to proc electricity on anything when most of my damage becomes toxin. I do understand that with addition of this arcane has maybe changed the balancing of the game and all the stuff but this also completely ruined her other cool and wacky weapon interactions with toxic lash. Can't help but feel my favorite frame got ruined because someone in DE thinks the only way you should play her is by chasing spores all around the map and spamming 4. What happened to build variety being a good thing? Chasing numbers ticking through walls so I can see even more ticking numbers isn't fun. What happened to build variety being a good thing? This same max range spore spreading build has gotten boring and I feel constricted to playing her in a very boring way. Saryn is boring now... 

• Like 1

Hi everyone, i wanted to know if it was intended

But the interaction between sobek exclusive mod "Acid shells" and Jat kittag "Vulcan blitz" and toxic lash has been hard nerfed, it does not spread toxic lash to everyone around during the AoE proc, instead, only 1 enemy in range will be infected by toxic lash, shutting all chain reaction possibility down

Also, for the sobek, only 1 toxin proc will occur per shot regardless of multishot, previously it was possible to stack 15 to 30 procs per shot, nerfing it to the ground even tho it is not even used by players

Does anyone else noticed it ?

1 hour ago, NinjaFighter said:

They removed the forced toxin proc on Saryn's toxic lash and I saw it nowhere in the patch notes. I can't help but feel it was to completely stop the use melee influence on her. Which worked cause it's way harder to proc electricity on anything when most of my damage becomes toxin.

First of all to my understanding Toxic Lash offeres Additional Tox non-combinable damage with Guaranteed (additional) proc. This means the toxin portion does not dilute the other status chances (eg. electricity). Do you mean it stopped being a guaranteed proc and now dilutes the other status chances?

2 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

First of all to my understanding Toxic Lash offeres Additional Tox non-combinable damage with Guaranteed (additional) proc. This means the toxin portion does not dilute the other status chances (eg. electricity). Do you mean it stopped being a guaranteed proc and now dilutes the other status chances?

Similarly to Xata's Whisper, Toxic Lash adds one instance of damage for each instance of damage you have, proportionally to them, including multishot. It's separate and has a guaranteed toxin proc affected three times by faction mods, and it cannot charge incarnon weapons. It doesn't interact with status chance.

Now, all of this has stopped working as it hardly ever triggers. 

Yes toxic lash is not working right, is not aplaying the toxin status guaranted , in fact is almost not aplaying at all, the Sobek interaction feels non-existence. all around, toxic lash is feeling really clunck and bad to use right now

• Like 2