Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Dante Unbound] Our plans for next week (35.5.6)

[DE]Momaw

Message added by [DE]Momaw,

These changes were implemented to the game with Hotfix 35.5.6:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1393246-pc-dante-unbound-hotfix-3556/

2 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:
  • Improving the co-op play between Warframes that give their teammates Overguard and Warframes that rely on taking damage:
    • Vex Armor can charge its damage buff by getting ranged kills and its armor buff by getting melee or ability kills. This is in addition to the existing functionality. This allows Vex Armor to work while having Overguard and also in general provides a nice interaction where you can get the buff faster from playing well and not just from tanking hits.
    • Rage/Hunter Adrenaline will now grant Energy when you don't have Shields, so Inaros and Nidus (or any frame when their Shields are temporarily down), can regenerate Energy even through Overguard.

You can expect to see a Hotfix next week that adds these items. Other forms of self damage like Combat Discipline will also be reviewed in the future. We have definitely heard you on this point, we're just not sure that it will be done as quickly as the other interactions already mentioned.

Holy. . .

This is huge! This is such a great first step!

Combat Discipline is something that I've always despised whenever it was shown off with people touting a rank 0 as being the best bet which go against the antithesis of design philosophy. So seeing it being addressed is a nice welcome change.

Chroma, of course the dragon gets the attention here no complaints here. This was something that I've always knew was a recipe for disaster ever since I learnt that Blessing and Vex Armor coexists.

If you are going to continue this logic of looking at squad play and other elements that clash with each other, please continue it with objectives and alternative states like Limbo's Rift. The interaction with the Murmur Eyes should be made the golden standard when it comes to this, you can pick up the eyes while in the rift or other states such as Cloud Walker for reference. Not having objectives such as crystals remain untouchable therefore turning your own passive into a griefing tool since both requires parkour to use with the passive/Cloud Walker overriding the objective pickup.

Edited by Numerounius

It's been an exciting week for Warframe. Following the very positive launch of Dante Unbound, we threw open the doors to the Deep Archimedea and Elite Deep Archimedea. People have been laughing all the way to the bank with their new-found riches of Archon Shards.

But there's also been some missteps which we must take responsibility and apologize for, with regard to Dante himself and the rapid changes that caught people unawares. We've already made a big correction by fixing the new Line of Sight calculations which were, to put it bluntly, not as good as they should have been on release.

We never stop reviewing feedback, and in the spirit of making constant improvements to our game, here's a preview of our next steps in response to what players have said:

• Adding back and formalizing the Status Damage Vulnerability to Dante's "Pageflight". In other words not just making enemies take more Status procs, but also increasing the damage of their Status. We removed this in Hotfix 35.5.3 because it was unexpected, and we regarded it as a bug. But many of you have expressed a desire to have this back, so we are working to restore it.
  • Improving the co-op play between Warframes that give their teammates Overguard and Warframes that rely on taking damage:
    • Vex Armor can charge its damage buff by getting ranged kills and its armor buff by getting melee or ability kills. This is in addition to the existing functionality. This allows Vex Armor to work while having Overguard and also in general provides a nice interaction where you can get the buff faster from playing well and not just from tanking hits.
    • Rage/Hunter Adrenaline will now grant Energy when you don't have Shields, so Inaros and Nidus (or any frame when their Shields are temporarily down), can regenerate Energy even through Overguard.

You can expect to see a Hotfix next week that adds these items. Other forms of self damage like Combat Discipline will also be reviewed in the future. We have definitely heard you on this point, we're just not sure that it will be done as quickly as the other interactions already mentioned.

Take away the line of sight change entirely or please defend players who spent money on Dante as the line of sight change is terrible. Post hotfix I'd rather get my $15 back than keep trying to use Dante with how your teams handling this. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

If this is going to stay - could it be expanded? We have mods like Continuous Misery which make status effects last longer, but it'd be interesting to have mods which make status effects more potent. Similar to how we have Crit Chance vs Crit Damage, having something like Status Chance and Status Intensity. It would be a good way to help out weapons with a low rate of fires which currently fall behind on Status. For example a sniper rifle that shoots slowly can't stack up a lot of Corrosive, but a machine pistol or shotgun can. Snipers and SARs could then have a high base Status Intensity as a new stat which could be modded, and weapons with very high RoFs could have a low base Status Intensity.

Hot Take.

Ever since Lavos and a little bit of having Boreal's Contempt, it makes me think they don't do enough with status. Duration is actually really, really nice. Although some elements could use different effects the majority of them are nice but it's a shame that they don't really last that long. And with Conditioning as a strategy becomes less frantic cause you're not so much racing against time before the statuses deactivate. So yeah, I would also second on the concept of Status Intensity. We have a Boreal mod that does it, Archon shard that does it specifically for Toxin, and if you were to be super loose about it there are those Operator Arcanes and Theorem Arcanes. The Theorems are neat in theory but their execution leaves a little bit more to be desired. Also their UI indicators being buggy still to this day despite being years from their initial release is not ideal. Also the Operator ones not working with Magus Cloud sucks too.

Still buggy still feels awful... DE you screwed up too many times in a row... hope all this comes back to bite you, just remove LoS and make your playerbase happy for once.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cebbolar said:

Dante himself is an obstacle to using tragedy. Is this a bug or is it meant to be? Also a survey. Those with a higher screen resolution will kill more enemies? They will literally see more enemies because of the rendering features.

It was my understanding the check of "is this enemy on the screen" is more of a check from the player camera in addition to the check from the warframe itself. Not pixel check for enemy hurtboxes. Not 100% positive though.

Только что, Neightrix сказал:

Насколько я понимаю, проверка "есть ли этот враг на экране" - это скорее проверка с камеры игрока в дополнение к проверке с самого warframe. Не пиксельная проверка на наличие вражеских полей поражения. Хотя и не на 100% положительные.

But they removed the check from the warframe itself right in front of it. If Dante closes the mob, the mob gains magical invulnerability to his Tragedy

• Like 2

R E V E R T

L I N E  O F  S I G H T 

ON  D A N T E ! ! !

HE WAS FINE ON RELEASE

WHICH I GUESS IT PASSED A PLAY TESTING. SO STOP THIS BS!

WHY IS ANYTHING FUN IN A PVE GAME, RUINED WITH UNNECESSARY NERFS?!

IF THE LOS IS NOT REVERTED I WANT A REFUND.

Edited by Qui-Les
  • Like 9

Can you please review these mods so they are completely useless?

• Champion's Blessing
  • Archon Intensify

Both of them rely on healing HEALTH. It's impossible to heal health when immunity/overguard/shields are so strong. Same issue with Chroma.

• Like 2

So, you nerfed a good and fun Warframe because you had a "feeling," but it ended badly. Instead of reworking Overguard, you decided to buff a few other Warframes. However, you have not reverted the LoS nerf, which causes troubles and dissatisfaction among players since its introduction.

Things were going so well in the past months, DE, and now you're reverting to bad habits...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Neightrix said:

It was my understanding the check of "is this enemy on the screen" is more of a check from the player camera in addition to the check from the warframe itself. Not pixel check for enemy hurtboxes. Not 100% positive though.

Nope my dude there is video. Dante blocks Dante's abilities and this is all because someone saw fun and wanted to kill it.

• Like 2

LoS is absolutely awfull still.

I either expect you revert his monstrosity or ADD it to current other nuke frames like Saryn, Mirage, Gara, Equinox. (I hate harming my main. But if we are going to be doing this, ALL warframes deserve the 'Dante treatment' if the top tier frames are never gona change. GG stop releasing new frames. Cancel Jade and any future ones after. We have the 'most powerfull' we will ever get. No need in making us dissapointed with no warframe ever being 'allowed' to even remotely come close to them.

What a joke.

FORGET i will whale on your game ever again.

I've purchased every single warframe with purchased plat since TITANIA. I've bought every single prime access. 

Honestly. Since the release of helminth, i've purchased 2x of -every single- warframe.

I wont be doing that from here on. You have lost by faith this unless you revert the dante los BS.

I wont be touching Jade when she comes out and her packs.

You will pull this BS again with Jade when she comes out no doubt, hype us up to sell packs so do us all a favor so we can skip past this whole, YOU guys ignoring 100+ pages of people screaming REVERT the dante feedback. With revert Jade to the point she was during the two-four days when she goes live before you give her what i will call 'the dante treatment' from here on. 

Just do what you did with Dante BEFORE you release her and nerf her into the ground. You seem rather good at that.

Im done with this. I have zero faith you will revert the changes like so many does and i have no interest in raising my blood preasure any further with this. 

Good job ignoring your community. You just lost alot of peoples faith.

Edited by -ShadowRadiance-
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, KhayziGG said:

Please just remove the LOS and nerf the range itself 

No. Stop saying nerf range or some other thing that makes the build work. DANTE WAS FINE AS IT WAS LAUNCHED. Just revert the damn LOS change. DONT TOUCH NO RANGE NOR ANYTHING ELSE.

Edited by Qui-Les
  • Like 8

Other forms of self damage like Combat Discipline will also be reviewed in the future. We have definitely heard you on this point, we're just not sure that it will be done as quickly as the other interactions already mentioned.

Thank you very much. Just know there is a decently long list, including part of Nourish. (Besides Nourish, I have not tested some since around Kullervo's release.)

• Nourish's viral AoE counterattack
  • Equinox's Peaceful Provocation (damage received doesn't build the slow aura)
  • Chroma's electric ward counterattack
  • etc...
Edited by KitMeHarder

• Rage/Hunter Adrenaline will now grant Energy when you don't have Shields, so Inaros and Nidus (or any frame when their Shields are temporarily down), can regenerate Energy even through Overguard.

Can you guys change just one of these mods and not both? Some builds rely on taking X amount of constante damage to keep up with their energy. 

Tks.

We never stop reviewing feedback, and in the spirit of making constant improvements to our game, here's a preview of our next steps in response to what players have said:

I keep seeing that you guys are reviewing feedback, but the changes do not reflect anything that players are saying on the forums, Region Chat, X, IG… you name it. Lose the LOS, OG can be cut back/nerfed for squadmates, and maybe do some testing before you decide to hand out the shiny new toy. As a person that understands “customer service”, you guys are really messing this one up.

• Like 5

Vex Armor can charge its damage buff by getting ranged kills and its armor buff by getting melee or ability kills. This is in addition to the existing functionality. This allows Vex Armor to work while having Overguard and also in general provides a nice interaction where you can get the buff faster from playing well and not just from tanking hits.

When did this happen. Did this happen in the latest update? Cause if yes then I think I'll start use chroma again

3 minutes ago, Qui-Les said:

No. Stop saying nerf range or some other thing that makes the build work. DANTE WAS FINE AS IT WAS LAUNCHED. Just revert the damn LOS change. DONT TOUCH NO RANGE NOR ANYTHING ELSE.

Thats what i keep saying he was perfect on release  

• Like 8

2 hours ago, robobladez317 said:

Please revert the Dante LOS change and lower his range from 30 to 20 or 15 your players will thank you and find a way to compensate with the loss of range. Also, the overguard change was a good middle ground would like an extra 500 go the gaining overguard but overall the triumph buff is good. However, please revert the change on Dante.

STOP ASKING FOR OTHER THINGS TO BE NERFED. NO NEED TO TWEAK RANGE, DANTE WAS FINE AS RELEASED 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, ShaloomHD said:

Thats what i keep saying he was perfect on release  

actaully every frames and weapons should be in this state..if they revert every nerfs on them 

• Like 1