Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Dante Unbound] Our plans for next week (35.5.6)

[DE]Momaw

Message added by [DE]Momaw,

These changes were implemented to the game with Hotfix 35.5.6:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1393246-pc-dante-unbound-hotfix-3556/

Could you please undo the range nerf on Nezhas augment and maybe re-check the damage multiplier to be lower to balance it out thus making the players to rely on status guns moreso because in its current iteration even with mods like Overextended, and Stretch doesn't make an impact anymore and only hurts the builds thus making the mod mostly unusable, unfun and only used as a niche in tight corridors.

• Like 8

And here I am again. In any case, thank you for trying to listen and respond to feedback, but nevertheless, I PAID for that Dante because I saw, wanted and felt the gameplay on him exactly like that. I would react less harshly to any other stat change, such as a decrease in range or duration. Or, God forbid, something else. But such a change, the addition of LoS, radically changes the gameplay on it. This is absolutely not what I wanted initially. If nothing is done in this direction, then I would like to ask for the return of the platinum for Dante and accessories for him. I simply don't need him in this form. You said that there would be "small changes", but again, this is too radical. This is a different frame. And I no longer have confidence that I will generally buy frames for platinum, except for primes through trading on the market or on a relay. Thanks for reading.

• Like 4

Line of sight in a game as heavily cluttered and mobile as warframe only ends up being messy and inconsistent every time its applied. Would be better to see it removed from tragedy entirely as it already hinges on other actions such as weapon priming or dark verse, and retool LoS as a mechanic from the ground up for the sake of other frames that currently suffer from its poor functionality.

Edited by AwwHeckASnek
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Rage/Hunter Adrenaline will now grant Energy when you don't have Shields, so Inaros and Nidus (or any frame when their Shields are temporarily down), can regenerate Energy even through Overguard.

I want to point out that Quick Thinking may break when this is implemented, so keep that effect in mind.

(edit, now that I think about it, this is pretty much how Revenant works through Mesmer Skin, so maybe it isn't as big a change as it sounds)

Edited by IceBen

Nice start on your guys F up but still not where he was before so to me till then no matter all how much drip changes you make will not make alot of us happy til you revert all the changes even the OG its like paper high levels so all the nerf did was make it have to be micro manage it earlier on and if you like make it not give allies as much 

• Like 3

• Improving the co-op play between Warframes that give their teammates Overguard and Warframes that rely on taking damage:
    • Vex Armor can charge its damage buff by getting ranged kills and its armor buff by getting melee or ability kills. This is in addition to the existing functionality. This allows Vex Armor to work while having Overguard and also in general provides a nice interaction where you can get the buff faster from playing well and not just from tanking hits.
    • Rage/Hunter Adrenaline will now grant Energy when you don't have Shields, so Inaros and Nidus (or any frame when their Shields are temporarily down), can regenerate Energy even through Overguard.

THIS was the only change people asked for. Everything else you nerfed, literally no one wanted.

Now revert the nerfs on Dante and we can all forget about this. Otherwise I want a refund on my Dante Collection purchase.

• Like 12

*Rage/Hunter Adrenaline will now grant Energy when you don't have Shields, so Inaros and Nidus (or any frame when their Shields are temporarily down), can regenerate Energy even through Overguard - Can these be seperate new mods? Would add more to builds + That change is gonna kill my Oberon... ;.;

• Like 1

We've already made a big correction by fixing the new Line of Sight calculations which were, to put it bluntly, not as good as they should have been on release.

So this means you're rolling back to how it was at release? Like removing that bad LoS thing? Bc at least on that moment, the ability actually worked.

Edited by Kuwagata
  • Like 3

hace 1 hora, Gandalf_White dijo:

Remove LoS from Tragedy. Dark Verse is already LoS. It's mandatory for Tragedy to be even remotely viable as a damage ability. Tragedy, as a "detonator" does NOT need LoS.

Pretty much this.

• Like 8

• Rage/Hunter Adrenaline will now grant Energy when you don't have Shields, so Inaros and Nidus (or any frame when their Shields are temporarily down), can regenerate Energy even through Overguard.

You can expect to see a Hotfix next week that adds these items. Other forms of self damage like Combat Discipline will also be reviewed in the future. We have definitely heard you on this point, we're just not sure that it will be done as quickly as the other interactions already mentioned.

How will this work for Oberon? For some reason he has shields even though he's an armor tank. Having Overguard means there's no way for him to lose his shields. Here's hoping you make Combat Discipline finally synergize with Adrenaline so I don't have to put Equilibrium and Arcane Energize on him as well.

• Like 1

Right, great, you're fixing the Overguard issues... Now just roll back the Dante nerf. Literally listen to your community for once. You call this Dante Unbound but Dante not only got bound but then beat up and shoved in a locker which was subsequently set on fire. The 'Buff' only put the fire out. Dude is still unconscious and in a locker. (This metaphor is weird but you get the point)

Literally NOONE asked for you to ruin a perfectly good frame. 

• Like 8

Oh sweet. I really enjoyed the Paragrimms adding extra status damage, felt like really nice synergy. Now just we need wordwarden to interact with his abilities in some way as well.

Chroma change is really neat as well. 

6 minutes ago, Tzykrow said:

Could you please undo the range nerf on Nezhas augment and maybe re-check the damage multiplier to be lower to balance it out thus making the players to rely on status guns moreso because in its current iteration even with mods like Overextended, and Stretch doesn't make an impact anymore and only hurts the builds thus making the mod mostly unusable, unfun and only used as a niche in tight corridors.

And in tight corridors, why wouldn't you just use a status weapon and/or melee influence?  The augment is dead, killed by an egregious nerf.

It's genuinely becoming baffling why you're dead-set on adding Line of Sight to this, when Dante was working fine 2 days ago. Modifying/lowering his Range, increasing his Power Cost and/or removing his ability to give others Overguard would be genuine balancing.

This isn't making folks angry because of some Meta, it's making folks angry because it doesn't make any real sense. It's illogical. You're pushing Dante to have this Line of Sight requirement, and haven't spent a single second to explain why. If its being said on DevShorts that you're happy with the damage numbers, there's no reason to change something that literally directly affects that. Changing Range, Power or Overguard sharing would address what you're claiming you want to address without any of this nonsense.

He's supposed to be a frickin Wizard Warframe, not bound by Physics. So let him be for a higher cost.

• Like 5

I very much appreciate the following fixes, but I will still advocate for the removal of LoS on Dante's tragedy. Just get rid of it.

It is wonderful to hear that the entire LoS system is being reworked for the better, but Dante does not need it. 

Keep tragedy AoE.

• Like 7

13th post to ensure clarity across the fact your trying to spread damage control by splitting up all these posts. Revert the LOS like everyone is asking give us match making for Void Cascade omnia fissure fix nezha to actually being worth playing with the new augment thanks refer to my other 12 posts all about the same changes we didnt ask for considering this is one of the first times I've felt its even warranted to come on here and try to be heard out by a team that claims to care about their players who may i add are the reason you have one of the coolest jobs in the world... and your failing at the easiest part listening to your community... we are reaching out on your forum not on reddit not making a you tube video you have to go find but literally bringing the problems to you and sitting them in your lap asking for help come on DE come on... disappointed dad face 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cebbolar said:

Dante himself is an obstacle to using tragedy. Is this a bug or is it meant to be? Also a survey. Those with a higher screen resolution will kill more enemies? They will literally see more enemies because of the rendering features.

This exactly. This also means people who play on Switch will also be inadvertently kneecapped because of the LoS changes. As raising FoV will hurt performance, or cause unintended graphical issues, and the resolution is fixed with DRS enabled. Meanwhile, expedited suffering probably has no LoS checks.

Edit: Now that I think and forgot to mention, if we're making changes to overguard on how can affect mods and abilities, why was it nerfed again on Dante? Overguard was the issue all along, but didn't become amplified until Dante's release.

Edited by Master2872
Forgot some info, and didn't want to double post so quickly.
  • Like 3