Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's interesting/good pick for Dante's (4th&)5th shard?

quxier

I have 2x Casting speed & 2x corrosive shards. I'm thinking about putting 5th shards. What's good or interesting option. 50% crit chance seems useless (k.nukor would get 3.5%, 30% base cc - 15%).

I can probably put 1 Tau cast speed to get 2 slots.

Well, let's discuss. Thanks!

In my opinion casting speed is pretty much all dante needs if you have a decent build.

I am not sure about the corrosive shards , assuming you have some rapid weapon with high status to take advantage of it , noctua itself is not that great for that purpose (better as pure slash) 

If you use overextended maybe compensate some strength with red shards.

• Like 1

I tend to gravitate towards Parkour Speed as a good comfort option for my frames that have shards on them.

Following that would be Energy Max, casting speed, then the two ability stat-based ones from crimson.

By doing this I can have five shards all with different effects as to not be min-maxing a frame but still providing benefits that are noticeable. And is able to easily be translated from frame to frame without needing to worry about tau availability or needing to rip off shards from other frames. By staying with the originals and not using a high amount of one type means I have a nice bulk of inventory when I go to insert them on a new frame.

There might be some occasions where a Tau is necessary if it is in my favorites loadout or doing duplicates to reach a breakpoint.

• Like 2

Right now I'm running:

-2 casting speed tau

-2 power strength tau

-1 parkour velocity tau

...but I might switch out the parkour velocity for another power strength.

Not because he needs more strength, but because it doesn't feel... "book wormy" enough to move so fast.

Sounds stupid, but it just feels off.

(Shrugs)

• Like 1

With the build I have from Brozime Dante really only needs 2 casting speeds and the rest power strength. Optionally, you could also run blue shards for higher starting energy/ more energy if you don’t have a good energy economy. But even though I have no arcanes to help, the energy inovocation for his book plus the new passive energy mod with zen on my drifter is more than enough

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chewarette said:

I've gone 1x Casting Speed and 4x Ability Strength because I like stupid numbers

I go with the same. 4 red tau (strength) and 1 yellow tau (cast speed). 

I like the results

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 2024-04-08 at 5:25 AM, 0_The_F00l said:

I am not sure about the corrosive shards , assuming you have some rapid weapon with high status to take advantage of it , noctua itself is not that great for that purpose (better as pure slash) 

Noctua + rapid fire (I'm using frame's 120% fire rate for 2nd-aries) is pretty good. In general corrosive/heat k.nukor rocks.

On 2024-04-08 at 5:25 AM, 0_The_F00l said:

I'm using normal Stretch. And I still wonder if I need it (4th nerf).

On 2024-04-08 at 12:19 PM, ToastyGrimlock98 said:

I’m running 1 tau forged casting speed and 2 energy orb effectiveness.

really helps counter balance blind rage.

After nerf/fix I've changed Blind rage to Precision intensify. A lot of use is 4th so it's ok, imho.

On 2024-04-08 at 12:24 PM, ThatOneGinger115 said:

Optionally, you could also run blue shards for higher starting energy/ more energy if you don’t have a good energy economy. But even though I have no arcanes to help, the energy inovocation for his book plus the new passive energy mod with zen on my drifter is more than enough

I'm not sure about Energize, but I have p.flow, probably Energy nexus and that tome mod. Energy is not issue.

Thanks for answers, so far.

Edited by quxier

Am 8.4.2024 um 05:25 schrieb 0_The_F00l:

In my opinion casting speed is pretty much all dante needs if you have a decent build.

Yes. At least Harrow will then become a kick ass warframe. But he doesn't have any problems with energy or dmg anyway.

Am 9.4.2024 um 00:26 schrieb Kronxito:

I like the results

Do the 3 Taus scale so well? because I already have a permanent 385% str. and I tested +50% str and the results didn't convince me.

32 minutes ago, Cram_Duahcim said:

1 Casting and 4 Strength...that's the only real shard layout he needs.

Someone already posted it. Could you be more descriptive if you are posting it again?

29 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:
On 2024-04-09 at 12:26 AM, Kronxito said:

I like the results

Do the 3 Taus scale so well? because I already have a permanent 385% str. and I tested +50% str and the results didn't convince me.

If you have 385% strength then another 50ish won't make too much difference.

I was thinking about shards with "50/75% crit on heat". I've put mods with similar values and it's "meh".

Those are just small values.

2 hours ago, quxier said:

Someone already posted it. Could you be more descriptive if you are posting it again?

1) I didn't read every single post in this thread.

2) My post explained enough. It was right to the point. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand my choices with this decision.

Edited by Cram_Duahcim