Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Dante Unbound: Hotfix 35.5.6

[DE]Megan

This was a well implemented change! but could you fix the energy colour glitch on consoles my reds are still appearing as pink and my blacks as white.

Also there is a glitch happening with the nezha empyrean skin causing certain parts of it to be miss coloured and or coloured incorrectly. a fix for those would be great!

15 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

NOTE: Warframes that grant themselves Overguard, like Kullervo or Rhino, will not be able to trigger Rage and Hunter Adrenaline from their own Overguard. Only Overguard granted by allies is eligible because this is the only interaction that is potentially disruptive to your build (i.e your ally puts Overguard onto your Rage-Build Nidus). 

Nice catch haha

Kullervo with infinite energy would have been insanely powerful.

Lovely patch although Nezha becoming the best Nuker in Steel Path sounds borderline broken. No LoS, no damage fall off, no further requirements than a decent gun. I don't know. Makes Equinox quite irrelevant. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

this exception is stupid. it should either work never or always. making such a weird exception just feels unintuitive.

This fix was made in the first place for complaints about og disrupting hunter adrenaline and rage sinergies, which are used pretty much only by inaros and nidus because of their large health pools. On warframes that already have og in their kit no one was using these mods anyway, so changes nothing for them. It's a fix to a problem, not a buff

• Like 7

Just get rid of LoS. Instead of working in unnecessary bullS#&$, why don't you fix old bugs like:

• Moonwalk after transference (it still happens)
  • Sanctuary Onslaught breaking if host migration happens right before the portal spawns
  • Different enemy spawn issues:(I prob forgot something in this list)
  • Enemies not respawning in Skirmish missions being unable to complete

And etc

• Like 16

Good, the first step in the right direction. Now, I think the next step for Dante is, should Tragedy have LoS no matter what, it must be more reliable and permissive than Dark Verse, since Tragedy is the detonator. In this clip I picked one of the stages it's easier to pin point the divergence in their Line of Sight rules:
https://jmp.sh/s/RA8sbOWoWB64CscDgfhv

Edited by Museigen
  • Like 1

vor 17 Stunden schrieb GStarPrime:

Damn, DE is full of stubborn people, instead of just reverting the nerfs they decided to take it to the end, like some karen unable to admit his errors 

5B4zlrK.jpeg

Edited by yeahnil
  • Like 24

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but can the Chroma augment get scaling duration refunds on kill?  Other similar abilities do the same (Warcry, Cathode Grace/Rotorswell), and the Chroma augment gives far less than they do.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Because of the return of Pageflight’s Status Damage increase, we have added a 1 billion damage cap to Tragedy, purely as a preventative measure against game errors.

XD I didn't know Tragedy could potentially go pass a billion damage LOL🤣  

• Like 1

Had to make a small video demonstration for Pillage for everyone. 

Overall Summary: Standing behind a pillar or column 11 meters or more from enemies in the same room as you will result in pillage not pillaging the enemy(ies). 

Overall Assumption until I test the rest of "Rendered Check" abilities: None of them will work 10+ meters away behind columns. 

Personal Solution: I will never use Pillage again, only solely on Gyre and Hildryn for the playstyle's I utilize for them, and even at that I barely use since DE still goes on the "Nerf CC" train.

If this somehow doesn't hinder players, I'd be in shock. Yes I'm fully aware that Pillage already had an LoS check on it, but this is just goddamn egregious now. 

I will thank DE for reverting the status damage for Pageflight, but the LoS stuff just has me reverting so many builds.

Edited by Halo
  • Like 15

They're still on about dante, as they've known DE for years. I know she won't go back on the nerf, my dante is already in the trunk of oblivion. I've farmed another one for hellmith and that's it.
life goes on, let's move on to the old warframe which is still working better than dante.
in 10 years we'll see a work on dante like inarus 🤣😂.

🤡Just wait 10 years, guys. It'll be over soon and they'll rework it.🤡
https://imgur.com/iUeirAb

Edited by ---HattoriIga---
  • Like 6

40 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Dark Verse:

• Made Dark Verse’s Line of Sight (LoS) checks more reliable to bring it in line with Tragedy. 
    • Following the improvements to Tragedy’s LoS last week, we’ve applied the same logic to Dark Verse to ensure enemies within LoS are properly considered to prevent cases where being only partially visible would not trigger the check. This is part of the greater LoS improvements detailed in the “Line of Sight Improvements” section below.

*Pukes*

I honestly. Regret spending so many resources on putting this ability on my warframes now instead of thermal sunder. 

Well done in ruining yet another ability DE! 

You are supposed to make abilties feel good to use. Not the other way around.

Edited by -ShadowRadiance-
spelling
  • Like 20

33 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

For Abilities that hit enemies in a full circle around you, both checks are used: Once to evaluate enemies that you can see and then a second sweep to check targets to the sides and behind you that aren't visible.

This is inconsistent as always, abilities that hit in a circle around the frames have no problem with enemies within your direct LoS (as in you're looking at them )but as soon as you dare move the camera it may fail even if enemies are directly behind you.

Great LoS improvements, credit where credit's due, but they still lack compared to non LoS, especially on a game where you can have rooms full of foliage where you barely can see stuff, much less a semi deficient LoS tech.

• Like 10

I don´t like it :c

I like to play with Chroma and his thing is taking his buffs really fast, building some tankiness and a lot of strengh and healt regen, now i just have to go do something that i didnt have to because a frame ruin my expirience :c, it would be way better if chroma could take his buff like the thing with rage and coop overshield because this change feels like a HUGE!!!! nerf...

Sad chroma face :c...

• Like 1

Quick note that Garuda's Seeking Talons has LoS on PS5 when it is not supposed to. I'm assuming it's a bug, because on PC it does not have LoS. And this is really annoying because now if I want to play my favorite frame right, I have to get on my PC. When I am primarily a PS5 player for the convenience of it.

So if we are already talking about LoS, why not go ahead and fix this on PS5 along with other fixes?

I would have put this on the PS5 hotfix thread, but it won't let me. Because I guess since I did cross save, it now automatically logs me in as a PC account so I can't post on PS5 threads anymore. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

The following Warframe abilities have received the aforementioned improvements: 

• Excalibur’s Radial Blind (Rendered Check)
  • Excalibur Umbra’s Radial Howl (Rendered Check)
  • Dante’s Dark Verse (Rendered Check)
  • Helminth’s Sickening Pulse (Rendered Check)
  • Hildryn’s Pillage (Rendered Check)
  • Mag’s Pull (Rendered Check)
  • Nova’s Null Star Augment (Rendered Check)
  • Hildryn’s Aegis Storm (Raycast Check from floor where Hildryn is hovering)
  • Khora’s Whipclaw (Raycast Checks from multiple points around the whip's impact)
  • Qorvex’s Chyrinka Pillar (Raycast Checks from top and center of pillar)

The above changes also tangentially fixes the issue of low FOV preventing LoS checks from occurring (this was most reported for Dante’s Dark Verse, Hildryn’s Pillage, Khora’s Whipclaw, Mirage’s Prism, and Mag’s Pull). 

More LoS Improvements in Future Update: 
The following Warframe abilities will be receiving the same treatment in a future update, since they require Cert update (more information on what this means here) in order to launch across all platforms. 

• Ember’s Fire Blast
  • Gyre’s Rotorswell
  • Vauban’s Tesla Bank Augment
    • While a Cert update is required to apply the new LoS checks onto Vauban’s Tesla bank, we have in the meantime fixed the AoE from the mines getting blocked by non-static objects.The Augment was preventing the mines from behaving as they do in their non-augmented state where they check for cover for static objects (level geometry), so we’ve rectified that so that it is subject to the same checks as Tesla Nervos AoE.
  • Zephyr’s Tailwind (Dive Bomb) 

As written directly above, we are not done with improving LoS and will continue to assess where further improvements can be made. New reports related to LoS will be investigated for future Hotfixes/Updates. Thank you, Tenno! 

Worth noting Garuda's fourth is also LoS bugged... please DE... if you could save me from this... that would be great

I'll keep on coping...

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

NOTE: Warframes that grant themselves Overguard, like Kullervo or Rhino, will not be able to trigger Rage and Hunter Adrenaline from their own Overguard. Only Overguard granted by allies is eligible

This is really disappointing.  Energy sustain is very restricted. Especially for melee players.  I dont understand why health tanks get unlimited access but those who  shield tank are cut out from this mod.
Its a very  big move forward for chroma and the others listed and thats great.

I would just like to specify that now there is also a very awkward interaction. One where anyone can run rage and play with someone who gives overshields, Giving them access to lots of free energy. While the one who gives overshields may be energy starved.

Literally I could play any frame and use rage, especially with dante being so common, that I would get tons of free energy. 
         Unless I  play dante/Kullervo/Frost/ect.  Then I miss out on it.

I can understand wanting to limit rage and the energy gain but I think this is a very unintuitive restriction.  I think this restriction should be lifted

Edited by Myci43
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Rage and Hunter Adrenaline 

Previously, Overguard granted by allies could prevent you from gaining Energy from these Mods (since it blocked damage dealt to Health). So, in an effort to create a more co-op friendly experience between the two, we’ve made the following change:  

Now, Rage and Hunter Adrenaline can convert the Damage on Overguard granted by allies to Energy while Shields are inactive. 

More specifically, they will trigger when the last source of Overguard originates from an ally (includes spawned allies, such as Specters). This allows shield-less Warframes, such as Inaros and Nidus, to be able to regenerate Energy via these Mods when they would have previously been blocked by Overguard granted by allies. 

Here are the exact stat details:

• Rage: +40% (same effectiveness as the base functionality) of Damage on Overguard granted by allies to Energy while Shields are inactive. 
  • Hunter Adrenaline: +45% (same effectiveness as the base functionality) of Damage on Overguard granted by allies to Energy while Shields are inactive.  

NOTE: Warframes that grant themselves Overguard, like Kullervo or Rhino, will not be able to trigger Rage and Hunter Adrenaline from their own Overguard. Only Overguard granted by allies is eligible because this is the only interaction that is potentially disruptive to your build (i.e your ally puts Overguard onto your Rage-Build Nidus). 

So you're taking a pair of mods that were made useless with the new update, and now changing them to only be useless if you aren't playing one of only two very specific frames.

• Like 1

il y a 42 minutes, [DE]Megan a dit :

• Vauban’s Tesla Bank Augment
    • While a Cert update is required to apply the new LoS checks onto Vauban’s Tesla bank, we have in the meantime fixed the AoE from the mines getting blocked by non-static objects.The Augment was preventing the mines from behaving as they do in their non-augmented state where they check for cover for static objects (level geometry), so we’ve rectified that so that it is subject to the same checks as Tesla Nervos AoE.
  •  

One wonders why it had any LoS to begin with 

• Like 13

Dope fix. Just want to drop a reminder to touch LoS on Atlas's Landslide. Often I'd have to jump before being able to target enemies if they were lower on some steps. Also there's someone mentioning novas 4 still having a ring. While you're looking that over, could you look over the possibility of buffing the dr on her 1st ability to not require triple duration? There's a lot of inconsistencies between her 1st and 4th ability only working on health and not shields when other DR abilities don't require as much investment and dont have the same issues. It was a cool bug turned feature deal back in the day, but some touches would be nice :)

• Like 1

hace 32 minutos, GStarPrime dijo:

Damn, DE is full of stubborn people, instead of just reverting the nerfs they decided to take it to the end, like some karen unable to admit his errors 

Man I'm just tired. People who spent money on Dante and now the 4 is LoS and do less damage... Why, there're other powerful frames. Please just revert all changes and leave the warframe alone already.....................

• Like 18