The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Dante Unbound: Hotfix 35.5.6

[DE]Megan

40 minutes ago, Void2258 said:

The new melee incarnon reticle is once again only on the ruvox and nothing else, after this was fixed before this hotfix.

This is still listed in Known Issues:

Although I'm curious that you're not seeing it on  Nami Solo, Praedos, and Prisma Skana, as these, plus Ruvox, are working for me. 

It's not working on Ceramic Dagger, Dual Ichor, or Innodem.  And I don't have Anku, Bo, Magistar, Ack & Brunt, Hate, or Sibear built to check.

34 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Although I'm curious that you're not seeing it on  Nami Solo, Praedos, and Prisma Skana, as these, plus Ruvox, are working for me. 

It's not working on Ceramic Dagger, Dual Ichor, or Innodem.  And I don't have Anku, Bo, Magistar, Ack & Brunt, Hate, or Sibear built to check.

I only see it on the Ruvox now. I was seeing it on everything before this patch. It was only on ruvox the path before.

1 hour ago, Void2258 said:

I only see it on the Ruvox now. I was seeing it on everything before this patch. It was only on ruvox the path before.

That's really strange.  I just checked the weapons I listed.  I guess bugs are complicated things.

8 hours ago, supersauceiro said:

you must not be high MR

Coming in to say that MR means absolutely nothing outside of unlockable stuff.

Your MR doesn't reflect player knowledge or skill.

Outside of that, I agree with you.

Keep Dante range. Revert Tragety to no LoS. 

Edited by Quintinw
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Quintinw said:

Coming in to say that MR means absolutely nothing outside of unlockable stuff.

Your MR doesn't reflect player knowledge or skill.

Outside of that, I agree with you.

Keep Dante range. Revert Tragety to no LoS. 

i remember a bit ago i got called out for being new and not knowledgeable enough because i was MR18, at the time i had 1135 hours in warframe ...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VoyrenTV said:

People obviously never playing past a sortie, 

12 hours ago, Armadillidium_vulgare said:

Went to level cap SP Circuit with a Dante just last night and he was absolutely carrying his weight, so I think he's in a good place.

But you know what? You might be right. If Warframe players can't even read the posts they're quoting, how can DE expect them to know how to play the game? It's clearly too hard, and Dante should be buffed accordingly. Give him a new set of abilities. His 1 gives infinite credits, his 2 gives infinite platinum, his 3 can max out all MR and give a quadruple resource multiplier, and his 4 deals infinite damage with no LOS checks.

Stop being hysterical.

6 hours ago, Nero.DMC said:

Snip 

Would you be alright with it if they removed the LOS check, but hard-capped his range at, say, 15-20 meters? Because I suspect you wouldn't be fine with it.

4 hours ago, OnestarMike said:

I love how people here just guzzle up mediocrity like it's healthy for the game.

I love how if a frame isn't capable of single-handedly clearing Steel Path level cap with no weapons or mods it's considered trash, but the ones that even after a minor nerf CAN go to level cap and perform perfectly well are considered mediocre. Thank God you people aren't in charge of balance.

4 hours ago, tartcactus said:

Snip

Indeed. Mission accomplished, DE stays winning. Turned what could have been a hard L into a strong W and built the game's LOS into something stronger. It's stuff like this that makes me optimistic about DE and Warframe under the current team.

• Like 2

I decided to run some tests in each of the Simulacrum: find a reasonable spot where neither I nor Dante can see enemies while being able to hit them with Dark Verse. It happens in all three of them.

It happens in the Citadel Simulacrum:

Spoiler
akrj72.png

It happens in the Ballroom Simulacrum:

Spoiler

1ldj36.png

It happens in the Sanctum Simulacrum:

Spoiler

anztvc.png

Mind you, none of these spots are unreasonable to position myself, especially standing on an elevated floor.

Also, bonus question: why does LoS not apply to objects?

Spoiler

2mrllr.png

• Like 2

In other's news DE is being stubborn 

I'll see you guys in a decade when Dante prime releases and they review him for the fourth time and realize line of sight on a frame like Dante is pointless when saryn exists and can tile nuke without even knowing enemies are there.

I really don't get it 

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Armadillidium_vulgare said:

Would you be alright with it if they removed the LOS check, but hard-capped his range at, say, 15-20 meters? Because I suspect you wouldn't be fine with it.

Like dude, you expect us to take you seriuosly? is this even a real question, do you really think dante needs a hard cap of 15-20 meters? or are you being intentionally dense? because he is clearly not that strong to need a 15-20 m hardcap, at this point i really feel like you are just trying to get a reaction from people instead of having a conversation... please if you going to keep talking that is fine but leave the dumb questions out of it, if you really really think that he needs that 15-20 meters HARD CAP, then you going to need a hell of a justification b/c he is nowhere near that strong. (and never was)

if i say i am okay with balancing him with range/strengh means balancing him not deleting his abilities "wOuLD yOu Be oKAy iF We ReDucE StRenGth tO -100%?" is not a way to argue and be taken seriously...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Xenevier said:

i remember a bit ago i got called out for being new and not knowledgeable enough because i was MR18, at the time i had 1135 hours in warframe ...

Same happened with me at MR13 because I was bored and felt like carrying a 60 Eyes run. Already did it several times by this point.

Joined a party, got told I wasn't "Endgame" even though everything I had was, and still is capable of clearing everything with complete ease rn.

I heard afterwards that guy failed his runs that day, meanwhile I went to a different group and finished very quickly and easily.

Really, MR means nothing.

Revert Dante LoS. Keep his range.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Armadillidium_vulgare said:

But you know what? You might be right. If Warframe players can't even read the posts they're quoting, how can DE expect them to know how to play the game? It's clearly too hard, and Dante should be buffed accordingly. Give him a new set of abilities. His 1 gives infinite credits, his 2 gives infinite platinum, his 3 can max out all MR and give a quadruple resource multiplier, and his 4 deals infinite damage with no LOS checks.

Stop being hysterical.

I love how if a frame isn't capable of single-handedly clearing Steel Path level cap with no weapons or mods it's considered trash, but the ones that even after a minor nerf CAN go to level cap and perform perfectly well are considered mediocre. Thank God you people aren't in charge of balance.

Indeed. Mission accomplished, DE stays winning. Turned what could have been a hard L into a strong W and built the game's LOS into something stronger. It's stuff like this that makes me optimistic about DE and Warframe under the current team.

Sure thing, White Knight. We all get it that you fall right in on the corporate line. So, let DE do your thinking for you, while those of us who can think for ourselves exercise that right and choose to disagree. There are a lot of us who disagree with you and your DE overlords and we have that right and it does not make us wrong. You absolutely cannot resist automatically gainsaying anyone who does not drink the kool-aid DE is pushing that what they have done is alright. It is not. If you are fine with it, good for you. Play your contented little heart out with your busted-tailed Dante and leave people alone that have very legitimate gripes about how this whole crap show has gone down. You continuously trolling everyone who does not agree with you is not going to change anyone's mind. If you enjoy Dante being just one more piece of MR fodder, good for you. Go play and have fun with him. Personally, I do not see how you could have time to play him as much as you claim, since you are constantly in the Forums trying to tell all of us who complain about the bait and switch how wrong we are. Have you posted any of this fantastic footage of Dante being In a "good place"? Because I have not seen it. All I have seen is you grabbing select snippets of anyone who dares to disagree with you and naysaying what they have posted. Put up a stream of Loss of Sight Dante just ruling the star chart. Post a link to it. I want to see it. If you cannot do that, you are just full of hot air. Looking forward to the link.

Sincerely Yours,

Cactus

• Like 13

16 hours ago, Renzo said:

Generalization is dangerous and you should not speak for someone else.

I will definitely play dante after the most recent changes and I even find it entertaining and fun. There are some quirks still where I am able to hit through walls for whatever reason and sometimes singular enemies get damage numbers in millions while the rest are limited to tens or hundred thousands.

Other than that Dante has no problems killing the enemies I see on my screen using tragedy.

What am I generalizing about? I'm just saying mine point of view and you are giving me your opinion. If you are having fun with half working frame good for you but don't tell me that dante is fine.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, sh0shin said:

"sHoULd MEsA shoOT tHRoUgH wALLS??????????"
what in the red herring strawman false equivalence am i reading

Sure, right after she can equip punch through mods.

5 hours ago, Quintinw said:

Really, MR means nothing.

I am reminded of this everytime i do my netracells. And i see an legendary 1-4 that -cannot- stay in the circle and let mobs enter before going on a murder spree.

Its every week. Multiple times. I am honestly amazed some of these ppl got to legendary level most likely getting carried and never bothered to learn a single thing and more then likely copied builds from streamers without knowing why the builds work.

Revert Dante LoS.

• Like 11

21 hours ago, Armadillidium_vulgare said:

LOS is plenty generous for Dante

Yes, i went to a necracell yesterday and i was killing from 3 to 5 enemies each time i casted 334. It was extremely satisfing to play /s

For the second netracell i couldnt bear having so much fun /s, so i picked inaros with his Exec and went around, killing from 2 to 3 enemies (sometimes way more when i heavy slammed the ground) each time i clicked E.

• Like 9

hace 2 horas, -ShadowRadiance- dijo:

I am reminded of this everytime i do my netracells. And i see an legendary 1-4 that -cannot- stay in the circle and let mobs enter before going on a murder spree.

Its every week. Multiple times. I am honestly amazed some of these ppl got to legendary level most likely getting carried and never bothered to learn a single thing and more then likely copied builds from streamers without knowing why the builds work.

Revert Dante LoS.

That's true. MR only shows how much stuff someone has collected, it doesn't reflect skill at all, that relies entirely on the player. It has been like this since early days of WF and will be always the same. Legendary levels were probably made for hoarders, because there's not much benefit to it in terms of gameplay, since a lower MR player could do a better job than a Legendary 4 does. Grinding MR is the easiest thing in WF, I have known people who went from MR14 to LG2 in 4 months or so, but they barely care to play or even learn to do simple things because all they care about is flexing their MR for some reason.

Edited by Rigtis
Typos
  • Like 4

Please fix the purple shard electricity bonus that does not add up properly. I can't get the extra bonus per crimson/azure/violet shard. 

Also, orbiter's ligthing is still terrible (with dynamic ligthing off to spare my PC from overheating).

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TheTundraTerror said:
On 2024-04-11 at 11:33 AM, -ShadowRadiance- said:

Move around however, especially in netracells, there seem to be 'invisible blocks' most likely 'cubes' used in prop creation and placement. (Which there is A LOT of in netracells. If your camera is blocked by -some- of these. Dark verse wont hit. Im still in the middle of testing out examples but without a reliable map without enemies where i want them on demand its taking longer then i'd like to post results.

I know this seems very janky, but you can always try the Captura scenes.

Ive done like 4 captura pics ever in all my years. And entered as many.

I cant spawn enemies and attack them in capturas can i?? (Or have i missed a function of capturas??)

1 hour ago, Gaxxian said:

Yes, i went to a necracell yesterday and i was killing from 3 to 5 enemies each time i casted 334. It was extremely satisfing to play /s

Have you tried adjusting your play style with him? 334 requires a bit more thought now, especially in enclosed spaces with lots of terrain that interrupts LOS. The larger rooms work better than trying it in tight corridors; if there's a big ass homunculus in the room, it should be fine if you can see them.

9 hours ago, sh0shin said:

"sHoULd MEsA shoOT tHRoUgH wALLS??????????"
what in the red herring strawman false equivalence am i reading

Mesa has a LOS check, so she can't shoot through walls with her 4. Do you think it'd be reasonable to remove her LOS restriction? Why or why not?

Now take that logic, whichever direction you took it in, and apply it to Dante. After you put some thought in it, you can go back to spouting master debater buzzwords like it's going out of style.

9 hours ago, Nero.DMC said:

Snip

I'm taking you at your word, and you backpedal. You say, "Yes, I'd be fine with a range/power nerf, it's about QOL not performance!" But when I suggest a range cap you say, "No, not like that!" So how much range is too little? How much is too much? Right now, he's got 30 meters base. If 15-20 meters hard cap is too little, what about 30 meters, or 35?

8 hours ago, tartcactus said:

Snip

I don't think that the people screaming, crying, and throwing up about the LOS changes have really bothered to think through why DE would make the changes that they did. I see plenty of people attacking DE as fun-ruining tyrants who take joy in the distress and tears of good, honest players, and very, very few actually taking a moment to interrogate WHY

8 hours ago, tartcactus said:

If you enjoy Dante being just one more piece of MR fodder, good for you.

This is what I mean when I say you're hysterical. He's not MR fodder, and the fact that any nerfs are always met with calls of "Trash! MR fodder! Garbage tier!" make it very difficult to take you seriously. If everything they do is met with complaints of this intellectual magnitude, why on God's green earth would they ever bother to listen in the first place? You say "He's destroyed! He's ruined! I will never pay another penny unless I can kill things through walls 60+ meters away with 2 Billion damage!" Have you even bothered to play him with an open mind since the changes? Or have you spent all your time bitterly ranting about how miserable you are, and trying to convince other people to be miserable with you, ignoring all evidence to the contrary?

There's plenty of videos and streams of Dante since the changes, you can seek then out. Or better yet, you can take Dante to level cap yourself! But I don't think you're willing or even looking to be convinced away from your position. It doesn't matter what I say, or post, or show, because you're emotionally attached to your grievances. Arbitrary posted proof positive that the LOS changes were much improved and even MORE generous than they were before the patch, but everyone ignored him to keep complaining

But sure. You're the only open minded person here, and everyone else is a paid-for DE white knight shill drinking the Kool-aid with no thoughts to call their own. Because surely the only free thinkers are the people who agree with you. Sure, buddy.

But you know what? I'll give you chance. Here's a video, nice and spoonfed just for you, and a thread with more:

https://youtu.be/-jB_utopQ4A

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1393469-elite-deep-archimedea-solo-with-dante/

Edited by Armadillidium_vulgare

5 minutes ago, Armadillidium_vulgare said:

I'm taking you at your word, and you backpedal. You say, "Yes, I'd be fine with a range/power nerf, it's about QOL not performance!" But when I suggest a range cap you say, "No, not like that!" So how much range is too little? How much is too much? Right now, he's got 30 meters base. If 15-20 meters hard cap is too little, what about 30 meters, or 35?

No you are not you are suggesting something completely stupid, Hard caps are very very rare in warframe, there is no reason for hard caps for that ability much less 15-20 meters.. i think you might not understand what hard cap means, hard cap means the maximum posible range, if you think hard capping tragedy at 15-20 meters as a fine solution that is beyond stupid, you know how much area coverage you loose from current 50m (range modded to a hard cap of 20m?) its 86% less area covered, you surely  are not suggesting that...

reducing 5m from base range would be a area coverage nerf of 30% (after modding for range you would get 42m) wich is something okay... not hard capped tho, hard capped would be the dumbest thing ever.

You could ofc mod for a bit more range but you would be tanking other stats, wich makes a hard cap of 20 meters even worst considering you can now get around 84+ meters if you go full range, hard capping it has no reason to ever be even tought about.

between 5-7 meters base range reduction would be fine

• Like 3

hace 29 minutos, Armadillidium_vulgare dijo:

Have you tried adjusting your play style with him? 334 requires a bit more thought now, especially in enclosed spaces with lots of terrain that interrupts LOS. The larger rooms work better than trying it in tight corridors; if there's a big ass homunculus in the room, it should be fine if you can see them.

Yep, my new Dante's play style is using Inaros with Exec. I kill way more with less work, its more dynamic, it has no liability either, and all that without needing an overcomplicated build to manage energy... or nothing, really, since also im also way harder to kill without having to though about it at all.

Optionally, i change to my Dante's Valkyr strategy. Where i pick Valkyr and i just destroy everything on my path while being immortal.

And if i feel lazy, i just pick my Soma or my Plasmor. It kinda works like the new 334. It has great synergy with my Dante too.

Edited by Gaxxian
  • Like 3