Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The next reworked frame

Honestly I disagree on Caliban. He sucks but that's it, he's a relatively recent Warframe. Nyx, Atlas & Banshee, on the other hand... are outdated.

Banshee is too frail and has suffered way too much from all those CC-immune enemies implemented over the last few years to the point she's not fun to use anymore.

Atlas well...

Nyx has suffered even more from the destruction of CC obviously.

I disagree for Trinity though. She needs some minor tweaks, not a total rework, but she's totally playable and most of her kit is still relevant as of today.

Edited by Chewarette

2 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Nyx, Atlas & Banshee, on the other hand... are outdated.

Banshee is too frail and has suffered way too much from all those CC-immune enemies implemented over the last few years to the point she's not fun to use anymore.

I would be glad if you could also understand that there are builds for Banshee that are not outdated.

https://overframe.gg/build/613610/banshee-prime/effortlessly-kill-steel-paths-enemy-with-a-weaponless-bansheewith-video-explanation/

Her enjoyment lies in providing comfort and fun through excessive damage boosting in multiplayer. Last weekend, when I played with random groups, Banshee was mentioned in 3 out of 5 sessions. In the last one, a Baruuk who really liked Banshee's damage boost asked me to continue the current mission for 50 minutes in Steel Path Fissure Survival, and we eventually added each other as friends.

I cannot predict what frame they will rework but if we go with popularity then Trinity, Banshee, Nyx, Chroma, Caliban, Oberon (some think I am suck), Loki, Valkyr (tweaks probably enough there), Equinox (buffs), Ember.

There are frames that can do well on steel path and beyond the levels but a lot of them are falls hard. I am sure DE when balancing something they balance around level 50-100 max and on the regular gameplay. Higher levels achievable with cheese stuffs what nowadays many using, arcanes, special mods, operator mode, buffs from pets. 

• Like 1

On 2024-04-22 at 1:22 PM, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

I remember the day when ash with a zaw, and his 4 was absolutely ridiculous, i just feel like his kit just doesn’t hold up, i’ve tried a few different ways to play him, and the only way i feel like he can really be a beast is with wrathful advance, seeking in my opinion needs a little work, it doesn’t keep armour strip for long enough and doesn’t strip enough enemies, his 4 feels very lack luster it has to have a fair amount of strength and range to get a decent use, honestly i think he needs a minor tweak and he would he awesome.

I remember before 2016 where Ash`s bladestorm worked like Kullervo`s 4th, that Ash was 10x better than the Ash we have now but unfortunately it got nerf when really it should of gotten balanced out. Ash has so many issues (due to a post I saw) but besides that, no one is talking about it or even care since all people care about is damage, damage, damage, armour strip, armour strip, augments, augments, augments, silence, damage, damage and as irritating as it is to read it that's how bad it is.

Here are a list of some of his issues:

• His Shuriken can consistently hit the enemy you choose to target.
  • His teleport can`t consistently open humanoid enemies up for finishers (which I can show proof right now if you want)
  • His Bladestorm visually is inconsistent can`t kill efficiently, very slow.
  • And other warframes can either do what he can do/do it better which you gave one example already.

What he needs is a revisit, to improve upon what he already has.

If I had to list some warframes that need improvements (not in order since that doesn't matter) they are:

Ash - revisit

Banshee - revisit

Valkyrie - rework

Caliban - revisit

Nyx - rework/add new theme.

Edited by (PSN)NinjaBlade626

Just now, (PSN)NinjaBlade626 said:

I remember before 2016 where Ash`s bladestorm worked like Kullervo`s 4th, that Ash was 10x better than the Ash we have now but unfortunately it get nerf when really it should of got balanced out. Ash has so many issues (due to a post I saw) but besides that, no one is talking about it or even care since all people care about is damage, damage, damage, armour strip, armour strip, augments, augments, augments, silence, damage, damage and as irritating as it is to read it that's how bad it is.

Here are a list of some of his issues:

• His Shuriken can consistently hit the enemy you choose to target.
  • His teleport can`t consistently open humanoid enemies up for finishers (which I can show proof right now if you want)
  • His Bladestorm visually is inconsistent can`t kill efficiently, very slow.
  • And other warframes can either do what he can do/do it better which you gave one example already.

What he needs is a revisit, to improve upon what he already has.

If I had to list some warframes that need impeorvments they are:

Ash - revisit

Banshee - revisit

Valkyre - rework

Caliban - revisit

Nyx - rework/add new theme.

100% agree with you on this, i just feel like seeking shuriken should strip more enemies to make up for its low run time if that makes sense, like you said he needs a visit slight tweaks nothing major and i feel he could definitely find his place again, also yep banshee, caliban, nyx, valk definitely need to be looked at as well as oberon, oberon gets overlooked a lot.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

100% agree with you on this, i just feel like seeking shuriken should strip more enemies to make up for its low run time if that makes sense, like you said he needs a visit slight tweaks nothing major and i feel he could definitely find his place again, also yep banshee, caliban, nyx, valk definitely need to be looked at as well as oberon, oberon gets overlooked a lot.

Nothing against you but If people say they want a warframe to get a rework because they want it to be effective in steel path they I'm 100% against that reasoning, DE has given you the tools for them to work in high-level missions, it`s your job figure out how to use what you have correctly, now if you saying it because the warfame is lack lustre to the point where it has little to no effect on low-level enemies than that's a valid reason, my issues with Ash is an example of this.

Ash don`t need armour strip his 4th does better by bypassing it by defence stripping, here an idea, why not have the shuriken augment disarm enemies, that not only makes sense but it`s practical since Ash is a melee warframe and it bring enemies to you and with in idea of improvements I have for Ash in my head that one single augment synergises with 3 out of 4 of this abilities.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, (PSN)NinjaBlade626 said:

Nothing against you but If people say they want a warframe to get a rework because they want it to be effective in steel path they I'm 100% against that reasoning, DE has given you the tools for them to work in high-level missions, it`s your job figure out how to use what you have correctly, now if you saying it because the warfame is lack lustre to the point where it has little to no effect on low-level enemies than that's a valid reason, my issues with Ash is an example of this.

Ash don`t need armour strip his 4th does better by bypassing it by defence stripping, here an idea, why not have the shuriken augment disarm enemies, that not only makes sense but it`s practical since Ash is a melee warframe and it bring enemies to you and with in idea of improvements I have for Ash in my head that one single augment synergises with 3 out of 4 of this abilities.

Hmmm ok where did i mention anything about steel path, also i’m more than competent at making builds, the discussion was simply a bouncing of ideas as to how our ideas could make a frame who isn’t as up to date as some other frames a little better, but ye gg.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 1

Chroma is in dire need of a rework.

Valkyr is in my opinion the one who should be next since she's basically ignored.

Whats a Caliban? 

Frost really only needs tweaks and a new passive.

Vauban needs another rework (Protea existing doesn't count) 

Banshee needs one.

Atlas needs one.

They have a long list of warframes to do.

Limbo. Everytime I join a mission as Limbo (defense included) I get three disconnects and I'm solo again. I complete the machine but it sucks. He needs to be able to cast his 1 from the void space and tenno need to not be especially affected by his dimensional control....I think his powers should be more cohesive....at the very least when the tenno goes to drifter/operator they should have a way to negate their inability to hit banished targets. His hate would decrease exponentially if say....the banished enemies couldn't hurt the allies but all allies could hurt them....Limbo would be the immediate hero as he should have always been instead of the leper he is treated as.

• Like 1

On 2024-04-21 at 6:49 PM, pwnSacrifice said:

Trinity is mostly just showing her age. She's grandma support and she's not bad at all however she doesn't have a lot to do either. Healing has been less and less useful as time goes on, and energy is pretty free these days. Merging well and vampire, tweaking link and blessing, and giving her a new tool might be the sort of makeover grandma needs.

Replacing Energy Vampire Augment with the Well of Life Augment would be nice (Energy Leech is bad unless you use Catalyzing Shields).
Blessing should get a buff (maybe its base duration and DR to 80?)
Link should have Damage Redirection converted to Armor Reduction and rework its augment.
Well of Life.. id probably increase its base duration to Blood Altar.

Other than that? Trinity is a good warframe still and carried me through Elite Deep Archimedea. just need a little buff, thats all.

Edited by Eedu777
  • Like 1

On 2024-04-21 at 3:36 PM, -ShadowRadiance- said:

This sums her up pretty well. 

Energy is overflowing. We have new mods. Arcanes. New abilities. Some in the helminth that provide energy or energy multiplyer. Archon shards.

Healing.. heh.. almost every single build i have runs molt reconstruct. Gloom is a thing. 

Again. Archon shards. Either a nidus style passive mini heal or bonus hp on orbs. 

Trins playstyle sadly has been left behind over the years since her release. Granny needs a facelift.

Caliwho.. was pretty abandoned from the start. Very few seem to like him. So hes high up there...

As is banshee.. Atlas.. 

But i say Trin needs it most as Caliban is newer..

I love Caliban, and definitely seem to be one of his main proponents. I won't say he couldn't use some tweaks, but once fully build (properly) he's an endgame viable monster that can handle any mission type that doesn't require excess mobility with ease.

His biggest problem is how difficult he is to get, and the sheer amount of resources that you need to put into him to optimize his build to the point where his kit actually comes together viably. (I'm talking 2 umbra forma *AND* multiple archon shards)

IDK but in my book, in my preferred order

1. Chroma: [rating: abysmal] fix this awful mess of a frame, make him fun. One of the most unfun frames to play. Also on a personal note I hate his looks.
  2. Valkyr: [rating: painful] please make her good, and please fix her exalted stance / animations. I want to play her, I just can't find a single enjoyment factor with her (except ripcord, that's the only fun I have with her tbh, but that isn't really part of her core fighting loop).
  3. Vauban: [rating abysmal] seriously all his abilities are trash, he has one thing he does and that is suck the fun out of everything.
  4. Caliban: [rating: groan] help the poor boy out, he's clunky and doesn't scale well, and throw him an augment, and give him a cool skin.
  5. Nyx: [rating: groan] chaos sphere is really good. Psychic bolts are... ok. She just doesn't ... perform. Absorb sucks. Mind Control sucks. She needs synergy, power or better yet indirect power, a smarter, modern kit.
  6. Trinity: [rating: help] she's okay and has an eidolon niche still (unlike Chroma), but she just really needs to be modernized and given some flair.

A lot of other frames need little tweaks. I really think Oberon could be great if they just fixed some of the inconsistencies with his abilities & augments and gave him a little bit of makeover and a few number tweaks. Few people seem to realize he can out-heal Wisp. Sevagoth's shadow needs a lot of help but Sevagoth himself is pretty good. Banshee's 4 sucks but we helminth over it anyway, the rest of her is awesome. Ember needs some QoL tweaks. Revenant needs.... fixing. Titania needs a major pass on her other abilities - so much so that she's probably my #7. Octavia is really good but man does she suck to play. Limbo needs just a little help to be truly great - I made a whole post on this. Atlas is the one punch man and is strong but needs tweaks to the rest of his kit for sure. Ash needs a little love and modernizing. Hildryn's 1 & 4 need so much help. Gara still needs tweaks to be a little less of a headache to play. Etc.

But yeah for me it's Chroma next, hope to god they fix him up to be playable, I haven't even touched him in years now (except an occasional PT) because he's just so miserable to use everywhere.

• Like 1

Le 23/04/2024 à 08:53, (PSN)NinjaBlade626 a dit :

His teleport can`t consistently open humanoid enemies up for finishers (which I can show proof right now if you want)

His Bladestorm visually is inconsistent can`t kill efficiently, very slow.

I do agree about the enemies not properly opening to finishers, that needs a look into, pretty frustrating.

Bladestorm being slow to kill though? We must not have been playing the same Finisher damage, though I blame my build for allowing 2 million damage per hit on bladestorm.

(Although the swipping left to right to target enemies, that gets old very quickly, so yeah maybe slow and inconsistent here)

Edited by (PSN)XxDarkyanxX

There's a lot of frames that need some love, like Trinity and Oberon, but they don't need full reworks imo. Some numerical adjustments, like increased base ability duration for Trinity, would be enough.

CC frames like Limbo need some mechanical adjustments to make them more viable outside of niche scenarios. They need a way to affect enemies with Overguard and other CC immune enemies in some way, even if limited.

The frames that come to mind when full reworks are mentioned are Nyx and Chroma. They work even as they are but I feel they are not thematically correct and some of their abilities need deeper adjustments.

And then there's Caliban...

Sad Family Portrait GIF by ALLBLK

• Like 2

Valkyr, rhino, banhsee, ember, limbo, caliban, revenant(need some changes in the first skill to something more solid)

Chromma i really dont care or simpatize with this warframe....

Nova needs some reworks.

• Like 1

Am 21.4.2024 um 17:49 schrieb pwnSacrifice:

So, who do YOU think will be the next frame to get some treatment?

While I'd say all frames *can* work in today's Warframe, it's also clear not every frame is in a great place. Be it outdated kits, a plethora of bad abilities, or just missed the mark, there are a few frames I'd say could use a work up. I know this is a pretty common topic, but with inaros done, I'm curious as to who you all think needs it.

For me, there are 3 that stand out more than others. Banshee, Caliban, and Trinity. There's others I think could use help, but these are the ones I think need the most work.

Banshee basically only has 3 abilities and really only silence is dependable. She's also the most vulnerable frame in the game. She's my pick for most in need.

Caliban doesn't do anything that other frames can do a lot better. His 1 is a meme, his 3 makes atlas' rocks seem good, and his 4 and 2 are done better by multiple other frames. He was DoA and DE did nothing to help him

Trinity is mostly just showing her age. She's grandma support and she's not bad at all however she doesn't have a lot to do either. Healing has been less and less useful as time goes on, and energy is pretty free these days. Merging well and vampire, tweaking link and blessing, and giving her a new tool might be the sort of makeover grandma needs.

What are your thoughts? 

I just looked at my magic ball:
It will be a Warframe where most players have barely invested formas and other resources!

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952jumq0stsoeuwv38tm49

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-04-23 at 1:59 PM, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Well when it comes to the shuriken aug Ash don`t need it, his 4 bypasses armour so it`s pointless, what would be cool is for it to have the ability to disarm enemies in a cone, it makes sense since you could say he`s targeting the weapons for it to explode or their hand to disarm them and it`s practical because it adds to his playstyle off being a melee warframe at least with this it works on both low and high-level mission vs the current aug.

When it comes to bladestorm (since that`s all ppl care about) the mechanics of the the old bs sould come back but not the issues it had, there is no other idea better than having it in a aoe radius like before, just make it better and fix/remove the issues it had e.g. while you are in the animation press 4 again to jump out of bs, see? that issues has been fixed, improvements like that is all Ash needs

Posted (edited)
On 2024-04-21 at 7:50 PM, Raarsi said:

Last I heard, Valkyr was next up before the sudden shift to appease the masses and rework Inaros.

Lmao, I like how you basically shame "listening to community". There is no better way than to listen to what the vast majority of players want. Or do you want the game driven by the vocal minority instead? I dont (and Im part of it). Now, Im sure 99% things arent done because people asked for it but because the devs wanted to do them anyway, but if they ever listen to something, it better be the vast majority of players.

Anyway, I have no tips on what frame might be the next in line. All I know is that eximus rework, duviri and whispers in the walls have rendered many already reworked frames useless again, so they may as well begin from scratch.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

16 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Not at all, shuriken can be useful in team play

Maybe but other warframes can do it better and most ppl don`t think of the team when using it, however with my idea it`s useful whether you`re thinking of the team or not.

And before ppl say it, it dose not need to combine with the ability nether.

I will put up a post soon about Ash`s issues and how I will deal with them.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, (PSN)NinjaBlade626 said:

Maybe but other warframes can do it better and most ppl don`t think of the team when using it, however with my idea it`s useful whether you`re thinking of the team or not.

And before ppl say it, it dose not need to combine with the ability nether.

I will put up a post soon about Ash`s issues and how I will deal with them.

We aren’t talking about other frames we are discussing ash, and shuriken can be useful in team play it strips armour you implied it didn’t have a use it does.

“most ppl don`t think of the team” you have no idea what most people think etc don’t quote me in your next post this discussion is done thanks.

1 minute ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

We aren’t talking about other frames we are discussing ash, and shuriken can be useful in team play it strips armour you implied it didn’t have a use it does, don’t quote me when you put up your next post this discussion between us is done thanks.

Upset much? why even get upset at the end of the day the aug is in the game and my idea of shuriken aug more likely won`t happen, get over yourself.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, (PSN)NinjaBlade626 said:

Upset much? why even get upset at the end of the day the aug is in the game and my idea of shuriken aug more likely won`t happen, get over yourself.

Upset because you said something is useless which just isn’t relax yourself silly goose lol.

crazy thing is i was actually trying to politely end the conversation because we are just going to begin to agree to disagree you got tilted kinda lame lol