Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It sure would be nice if there were other stream times you could watch to obtain Umbra Forma

Hexerin

DE consistently streams during midday, when I'm at work. This makes it impossible to catch the streams, and thus impossible to get the Umbra Forma drops. Normally, I wouldn't complain about such things. However, Umbra Forma is the single most limited resource in this game (you get a single Umbra Forma every two months, that's it), while also being incredibly important to endgame progression for many frames. Thus, to miss out on Umbra Forma because of arbitrary windows to obtainment (in this case, the window was less than an hour)... it just feels terrible and sends a message that DE really just doesn't care at all about endgame players.

There's multiple ways DE could resolve this issue, and make things fair for everyone. The first and easiest thing would be to simply lift the limited availability of Umbra Forma, making it available via the market for a reasonable amount of plat. Another option would be to simply re-run the devstream on repeat for at least 24-48 hours, allowing everyone an opportunity to pick up the Twitch drop when they have available time to catch the stream. Etc.

23 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

midday

Midday for you, midnight, evening, noon, early morning for other people. It is impossible to pick time that suits everyone.

15 minutes ago, Lord_Drod said:

Couldn't you just watch it muted on your phone or leave it on their page while you're away?

Also umbra forma pretty overrated.

Indeed.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Hexerin said:

There's multiple ways DE could resolve this issue, and make things fair for everyone. The first and easiest thing would be to simply lift the limited availability of Umbra Forma,

I think you are missing the point of drops. They are there purely to motivate people to watch the stream. They are means to an end, not end itself. What you are proposing is reversing it. It is not in the interest of DE. They do not care for you to get the drop, they care that you watch the stream at the time it is streamed live. If you cant, then you cant. And no form of motivation is needed because you already failed the main objective.

Edited by Zakkhar

There are indeed limited opportunities for umbra forma acquisition. 

But honestly there are more than enough means to increase the strength of a frame that the strength set bonus seems not that essential to reach break points.

Besides there are maybe a handful of frames that actually take advantage of the whole set.

Most frames would be good with just two umbra mods (and you don't need to max them , many players forget that they don't need to increase the rank to 16 for all of them, low rank mods also add the bonus )

As to the streams , it's almost midnight when they stream where I am , i am either too tired or already asleep , I tend to just leave the computer or my phone on on their channel.

19 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Midday for you, midnight, evening, noon, early morning for other people. It is impossible to pick time that suits everyone.

Maybe read the thread title.

They want people watching it so putting a reward only for that stream makes it more appealing, also Umbra forma is limited because there's so little use for it, if only they added some more uses

• Like 1

All of the DE streams also land during the work-day for West Coast NA. It isn't just EU/Aussies that are missing out.

Umbra forma every 2 months is not true, forgetting about NW umbra forma and other occasional stuff.

There are multiple ways of being endgame complete without Umbra forma being one of the main barriers.

You don't need Umbra Forma all that much outside of a couple of super niche scenarios that goes beyond being end-game complete like tennokai sacrificial steel builds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

DE consistently streams during midday, when I'm at work. This makes it impossible to catch the streams, and thus impossible to get the Umbra Forma drops. Normally, I wouldn't complain about such things. However, Umbra Forma is the single most limited resource in this game (you get a single Umbra Forma every two months, that's it), while also being incredibly important to endgame progression for many frames. Thus, to miss out on Umbra Forma because of arbitrary windows to obtainment (in this case, the window was less than an hour)... it just feels terrible and sends a message that DE really just doesn't care at all about endgame players.

There's multiple ways DE could resolve this issue, and make things fair for everyone. The first and easiest thing would be to simply lift the limited availability of Umbra Forma, making it available via the market for a reasonable amount of plat. Another option would be to simply re-run the devstream on repeat for at least 24-48 hours, allowing everyone an opportunity to pick up the Twitch drop when they have available time to catch the stream. Etc.

4:00 AM I had to set an alarm to wake up to get this drop, I set the stream going with the phone on the lowest volume and claim it when I wake up.

I can only watch one stream if I'm lucky because of being in Australia crappy times, for you unless it's a physical job fire up your phone at work and shove it in a draw, fixed.

8 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Ah yes, I too enjoy getting fired for using my phone at work.

You do not need to use it., Just open twitch/warframe and leave it open. You can do that ahead of time (eg. on your break or when you start work). Put the phone in the locker/drawer or you pants. If that counts as using your phone and you get fired for this, it is good for you, that job was not a very fair one.

Most of the streams are at 1-4 AM for me. I just leave the PC on with stream up, while I sleep.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Hexerin said:

FBYtAYE.jpg

2EeLE.gif

2 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

You do not need to use it., Just open twitch/warframe and leave it open. You can do that ahead of time (eg. on your break or when you start work). Put the phone in the locker/drawer or you pants. If that counts as using your phone and you get fired for this, it is good for you, that job was not a very fair one.

Most of the streams are at 1-4 AM for me. I just leave the PC on with stream up, while I sleep.

Whatever the reason is for picking those hours, who knows. I'd rather blame Twitch for not bothering to come up with some sort of rerun system for people who are off-hours to actually catch up.

On 2024-04-26 at 11:15 PM, Hexerin said:

The world doesn't revolve around you.

4 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

The world doesn't revolve around you.

That was never said nor implied anywhere within the thread's content. Try brushing up your reading comprehension skills, because they are clearly lacking.

17 hours ago, Hexerin said:
On 2024-04-26 at 11:36 PM, Slayer-. said:

fire up your phone at work

Yeah but if you get fired then you still win,  no longer having to worry about work conflicting with DE's stream schedule.

Julia Garner GIF by Golden Globes

Same bro, same
I just set it to automatically play on another device at home, then I can watch the stream in my freetime AND get an umbral forma i'll never use

It's a win win