Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else feel like it's a missed opportunity that nothing in Hildryn's kit supports Archguns despite having a signature Archgun?

Zahnrad

Just something that's been bugging me.

I know she gets an ammo increase with the Larkspur but that doesn't feel like it really counts.

Always felt that Aegis Storm was really boring and lackluster. It prevents using most of her other kit besides Balefire and in terms of a "flight" ability it's probably the worst version to exist in Warframe.

Even something cool like, equipping an Archgun automatically when using Aegis Storm would make it cooler and more fun to use.

• Like 1

You know the most energize warframe with archgun before heavy ammo dropping all the way was protea, her dispensary is the only way to make archgun possible to use in normal missions back in the days.

I do like to see a warframe that can make archgun a meaningful things to exist but archguns is really lack of damage multipliers while they're bulky and looks heavy they don't really do more damage then your small arms and sadly no one care things they don't do damage in warframe and archgun definitely one of those things.

Beside, that's alot of bad signature weapon they don't energize with their owner and owners passive in warframe like Kompressa 5% crit with 200% multiply is still no crit viable but guess what ? It is still there and and bruh.

Oh also the pixie frame get exalted archwing weapon (kinda not really, it shxtty as archgun but not really archgun) just like your imagination pixie frame will pull her archgun out in 4th but people actually hate it for DPS with it cuz is terrible is not terrible as real archgun but, still terrible no one will miss them if they gone but everyone will appreciate if they never exist and DE let you use your weapons instead in her 4th I belive.

4 minutes ago, ominumi said:

Archgun are tied to necromech. We just have to summon our necromech. Oh wait....

Yeah, I'm not even going to ask for an Exalted Archgun, just letting Hildryn use her equipped Archgun when using Aegis Storm would be enough.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Even something cool like, equipping an Archgun automatically when using Aegis Storm would make it cooler and more fun to use.

Definitely NO to that. The option to use archguns would be a better thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chewarette said:

I've  always thought that the "strong" Warframes (Atlas, Hildryn) should be able to equip Archguns routinely in the Primary Weapon slot.

This would be interesting though ultimately ineffective as the modding would probably be that of archguns.

13 hours ago, Zahnny said:

that's basically forcing you to swap a good weapon for a worse one, so disagree. I will admit that Aegis Storm is not a very good ability and an easy subsume slot, and also that Archgun mods are kinda garbage and nowhere near the level they should be to be considered "heavy" weapons in terms of damage.

4 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

that's basically forcing you to swap a good weapon for a worse one, so disagree. I will admit that Aegis Storm is not a very good ability and an easy subsume slot, and also that Archgun mods are kinda garbage and nowhere near the level they should be to be considered "heavy" weapons in terms of damage.

Someone already mentioned it should be an option to switch to an archgun, rather than forced. Which I agree with. But I'd still like the option to use an Archgun over Balefire personally.

A little yeah, there doesn't feel like much actual synergy other than just the fact Hildryn stronk, heavy weapon heavy, Hildryn lift heavy weapon. Which also to be clear, I also really like, you know? Visual story telling at its most complex and nuanced. 

By the same token, I always wished Protea and Lavos had signature Archguns to go with Velox and Cedo, since their kits actually work well with Archguns from at least an ammo perspective. Its also a bit minor, but even Qorvex passive does (?) at least help out his Archgun with punch through. Letting an Archgun being equipped in 4 would have been great. Pillage can sort of synergise well indirectly, but eh. So yeah, I agree. 

Railjack and archwings/weapons are things that have the potential to add more diversity and fun to the game, specially for high level content but like many other things, except for the archuguns, DE seems to have forgotten about the rest or simply doesn't know how to implement them right, so these things will remain as "content islands".

8 minutes ago, ominumi said:

DE's decision allowing archwing in open world maps but restrict archgun is confusing. 

Gotta keep Archwing balanced by having everyone and their grandma keep Anti-Air missiles in their back pocket.

I think Hildryn is in a good place so reworking her kit sounds unlikely/unnecessary. I do like the idea of a "heavy gunner" frame who can make better use of archguns. Imagine their passive ability provides archgun ammo regen and bonus armor while wielding an archgun.