Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is there some way to skip The New War?

uhnubuh

Question

I really hate this quest line, but it seems like 90% of the game's content lies beyond it.  Is there not some way to skip it?  I see a lot of other forum posts detailing why it is awful, so I won't go into details.  I'd just like to move on.

Thanks all!

• Like 3

14 answers to this question

On 2024-04-30 at 4:37 PM, -AncientWarrior- said:

No but its not that bad, just take your time and relax .. people try to rush stuff and panic then frustration kicks in.. slow is smooth .. smooth is fast!

I think for most people it isn't hard and is enjoyable.  But there is a definite percentage of us who have trouble with it for various reasons.  I'm currently on my fifth hour of dying to the second archon.  That's not counting the breaks, naps, time out to watch how others handled this archon, etc.  5 hours of dying to Nira.  The first archon took me 2 hours....

I'm not trying to do it fast.  I'm just trying to do it.  And not succeeding, lol.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

I wish there was an option to skip it. My wife dropped the game as a MR24 because of it.

That is late. Warframe signals very clearly from the begining, that it is not the game for the weak and impatient.

18 minutes ago, uhnubuh said:

I'm currently on my fifth hour of dying to the second archon.  That's not counting the breaks, naps, time out to watch how others handled this archon, etc.  5 hours of dying to Nira.  The first archon took me 2 hours....

Have you read the strategy section under New War and Archon Nira? Do you execute every countermove properly?

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_New_War#Archon_Nira

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Archon_Nira#The_New_War

I did this on release where those werent even there and had to think, use google and ask allies to figure out how to countermeasure her moves. If I did not understood something I imidiately paused annd analysed. Am I some kind of superhuman to do those in 1st attempt? I suck at Souls-like, I usually cheese stuff there. PS: It was also nerfed, so your Archon does less damage and has less HP than mine.

Edited by Zakkhar

Posted (edited)

I spent a couple of days on the New War but half of my game play was drinking coffee to cool down and think.

one section I had difficulty with was the sneak mission as I totally forgot i had smoke grenades/bombs which actually made the sneak mission very easy. Another section that took me a while to get my head around was actually taking time to listen to the dialogue. Most times due to so many hours of playing warframe that dialogue tends to go in one ear and straight out the other after hearing them so often. The New War has dialogue that gives very important info which of course I was ignoring and kept failing at that time.

Anyways just take it slow and be methodical.... only one real tip I can give is simply to not try and brute force your way thru as you will likely fail miserably. And if you do get stuck there is a plethora of guides videos and tactics that are listed here in the forums for how to tackle puzzles machines enemies etc etc.

Edited by johnno23

this quest feels like a simulation of having your teeth pulled by a dentist who has no clue what they are doing with no anesthetics, and also they're taking the slowest time possible to do it. take the game that advertises being an alien space ninja, and force the player out of the experience, and it's no surprise they don't want to do it. i'll just submit a support ticket asking to have my quest progression reset so i don't want to have to deal with this garbage. otherwise i only see 2 reasonable options, having someone else playthrough it for me, or just stop playing the game entirely. I guess 1000 hours isn't enough stamina or tolerance to deal with one of the worst stealth segments in a game that i personally have ever played.

On 2024-05-02 at 9:58 AM, Zakkhar said:

That is late. Warframe signals very clearly from the begining, that it is not the game for the weak and impatient.

Have you read the strategy section under New War and Archon Nira? Do you execute every countermove properly?

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_New_War#Archon_Nira

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Archon_Nira#The_New_War

I did this on release where those werent even there and had to think, use google and ask allies to figure out how to countermeasure her moves. If I did not understood something I imidiately paused annd analysed. Am I some kind of superhuman to do those in 1st attempt? I suck at Souls-like, I usually cheese stuff there. PS: It was also nerfed, so your Archon does less damage and has less HP than mine.

• Like 1

On 2024-05-02 at 6:47 AM, uhnubuh said:

I'm currently on my fifth hour of dying to the second archon.  That's not counting the breaks, naps, time out to watch how others handled this archon, etc.  5 hours of dying to Nira.  The first archon took me 2 hours....

Can I ask which Archon you beat first, and why you picked Nira for your second instead of Door Number Three? My quick and not at all rigorous research seems to indicate people tend to find Nira the most annoying and thus the best to leave for last. (The last fight is generally the easiest, for spoiler reasons, if you haven't already looked it up.) I don't want to give advice where it's not wanted, but I am curious. Either way, best of luck.

The fact that you can't emergency-eject from The New War is a serious oversight, especially now that it's the gate to a bunch of other content. It's really neat as a concept, but imo just not being able to pause it would be enough. With how good DE usually is (or at least tries to be) about accessibility and QoL, I'm deeply disappointed in their stubbornness over letting people quit TNW. After all, if this was a "normal" game, no one would think anything of reloading a previous save file.

Spoiler

On 2024-05-02 at 6:58 AM, Zakkhar said:

Why would you say this? We don't know why OP is having such a hard time; it could very well be in their shoes you would also be struggling. Even if you thought it was a cakewalk, insults and elitism aren't helpful.

4 hours ago, Fallowsthorn said:

Why would you say this? We don't know why OP is having such a hard time; it could very well be in their shoes you would also be struggling. Even if you thought it was a cakewalk, insults and elitism aren't helpful.

I did plenty helpful in this and similar threads, to the point they died 4 months ago. No need to necro them, just to virtue signal.

4 hours ago, Fallowsthorn said:

The fact that you can't emergency-eject from The New War is a serious oversight

You are informed beforehand that you cant. It would be kinda stupid lorewise if you could just hop in and out of this quest.

Edited by Zakkhar

On 2024-09-06 at 2:19 PM, Rojo_Es_Lardo said:

this quest feels like a simulation of having your teeth pulled by a dentist who has no clue what they are doing with no anesthetics, and also they're taking the slowest time possible to do it. take the game that advertises being an alien space ninja, and force the player out of the experience, and it's no surprise they don't want to do it. i'll just submit a support ticket asking to have my quest progression reset so i don't want to have to deal with this garbage. otherwise i only see 2 reasonable options, having someone else playthrough it for me, or just stop playing the game entirely. I guess 1000 hours isn't enough stamina or tolerance to deal with one of the worst stealth segments in a game that i personally have ever played.

I'm currently on the veil factory. Keep getting caught by the enemies spotting me from miles away.

I'm sure there are guides and other stuff online but this is...a video game, right? Fun, entertainment, challenges, laughs, rages, all packed up in a nice package.

But I've played this game for going on 350 days now. Been playing video games longer than that of course. Never have I ever, had to put this much time into something so out of place it's not funny. I agree, I play warframe for the verticality, any the space ninja fantasy. This game can't keep devolving into missions without the core part of the game.

Time, patience, all this stuff. I already have a tough time recommending this game to people because of the outdated wait to build model of earning different things. Trading? People don't want to be social and it's not up to other people to force you out of your comfort zone for an experience that is, Not to challenge or test you, but to just get through it. Look up guides and strats just to get back to what made you put all those hours into the game to begin with.

Boring, not challenging, a torturous test of how badly you want to play a video game. the audacity to cut the gameplay in half and force players to either do it, or quit. I don't really care of the other options available to help with this quest. Such as guides, walkthroughs, whatever, i like to figure stuff out on my own. This quest isn't difficult because it's made to be difficult. It's difficult because you have to unlearn things you already know, learn mocked up systems based off of other systems in the game, so there's too much "same same, but different-" systems that make you feel like you're playing warframe just...without the reason you would even be interested in playing the game in the first place.

I had the same feeling, but at some point I got into it. I think the biggest problem is the fact that you're sucked into a quest and there's nothing you can do to take a break from it until you finish it. It's very immersive, but also frustrating at times.