Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

This sums up Protea's 2nd ability inconsistency.

Posted (edited)

With all the Corpus in front of it, the turret simply REFUSES to lock on a different target other than the invulnerable turret...With the recent LoS changes, this should have been included somewhere in there.

joEJRLQ.png

Edited by BowserNC
  • Like 9

Seems like LoS is working as intended 

In fact, the fact that it’s hitting at least one enemy is simply too much, they need to nerf it. Can’t be allowed to hit anyone because they’re not in LoS. 
Don’t understand? Well, the bullet from the ability is between the enemy, so it’s not within LoS. 

My reply is dripping with salty sarcasm, don’t mind me. In all seriousness… please fix this DE…

• Like 5

Ouch!

I was unaware that this could happen. Hopefully DE fix it but in the meantime thankyou for the heads up for those of us like myself that had no idea.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aruquae said:

Seems like LoS is working as intended 

In fact, the fact that it’s hitting at least one enemy is simply too much, they need to nerf it. Can’t be allowed to hit anyone because they’re not in LoS. 
Don’t understand? Well, the bullet from the ability is between the enemy, so it’s not within LoS. 

My reply is dripping with salty sarcasm, don’t mind me. In all seriousness… please fix this DE…

Let me break it down for you:

Performing Los Angeles GIF by US National Archives

• Like 1

The problem isn't really about the turret targeting the invulnerable entity, but about invulnerable entity being targetable at all. Go to Kuva Fortress tileset, summon a specter and watch it ignoring all enemies while attempting to shoot invulnerable camera or turret. That's a really big dumb mistake from DE. Invulnerable entities should be flagged as non-targetable for AI.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

This is nothing, you should try her 4 sometime (I know, everybody just listens to Brozime and removes it). The explosion just doesn't do anything sometimes, even if you try again and again and there is no visible obstruction to your target at all (and no, I didn't mistakenly not have any damage accumulated - the explosion happens, it just doesn't damage or pull the targets).

Edited by Traumtulpe

18 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

This is nothing, you should try her 4 sometime (I know, everybody just listens to Brozime and removes it). The explosion just doesn't do anything sometimes, even if you try again and again and there is no visible obstruction to your target at all (and no, I didn't mistakenly not have any damage accumulated - the explosion happens, it just doesn't damage or pull the targets).

Even more so, randomly (but especially in Netracells) her 4th also does not rewind either on top of dealing no damage due to LoS.

• Like 1

Also, a reminder: Deep Archimedea Vampyric Liminus. The turrets will prefer targeting them over other targets. At least they're mobile and low to the ground, so the infinite body punch through will still kill other enemies, but it's still annoying.

Also also, it should still target invincible enemies, what it can't do is target an invincible enemy over other enemies. If all it sees are enemies that have just been corrupted by a relic, it should keep firing.

• Like 3

On 2024-05-07 at 6:15 PM, Tesla_Reloaded said:

The problem isn't really about the turret targeting the invulnerable entity, but about invulnerable entity being targetable at all. Go to Kuva Fortress tileset, summon a specter and watch it ignoring all enemies while attempting to shoot invulnerable camera or turret. That's a really big dumb mistake from DE. Invulnerable entities should be flagged as non-targetable for AI.

On 2024-05-11 at 1:50 AM, vixenpixel said:

It will also fire at targets locked down by xakus gaze. Which is very bad

Wasn't that fixed? Or maybe only Xaku/2 targeting immortaly enemies were fixed?

Just now, quxier said:

Wasn't that fixed? Or maybe only Xaku/2 targeting immortaly enemies were fixed?

I do remember that being a patch note for Xaku, but evidently Protea still has this issue.

Someone should check that, I'm too lazy to run a Kuva Exterminate as Xaku right now.

• Like 1