The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenet Glaxion is promising

On 2024-05-15 at 5:06 PM, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Once the planned elemental reworks are done and Cold will be able to freeze enemies solid and get extra CD,

Was this confirmed? I remember the dev stream where they said they were considering some changes, including freezing, but has there been an update?

TBH I'm currently using a gas/cold Torid and I'm curious to see if the Glaxion might work better. Torid requires 3 mod slots to get Cold onto it since it has innate Toxic, Glaxion might end up better idk.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb insanitybit:

Was this confirmed? I remember the dev stream where they said they were considering some changes, including freezing, but has there been an update?

TBH I'm currently using a gas/cold Torid and I'm curious to see if the Glaxion might work better. Torid requires 3 mod slots to get Cold onto it since it has innate Toxic, Glaxion might end up better idk.

Cold will still not work on primary weapons because most people run with slash and it needs viral.
The only thing I can imagine would be Cold Proc from Verlgas. because cold+corr combo is more than questionable at the moment.

and.... it its about cc???!?! but I bet exactly elite enemies with a lot of life can't be cc'd. But normal opponents also fall over like crazy, extra CD is not needed here

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 2024-05-17 at 4:07 AM, insanitybit said:

I would stick with the Torid. Unless you armor strip (at which point you could use anything) it’s Primed Disappointment. If you want to take advantage of cold, my Tenet Cycron with cold progenitor adding radiation because it has innate heat does way more damage.

Edit: It's actually pretty good with the right build. 

Edited by MutoManiac

4 hours ago, insanitybit said:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

Cold will still not work on primary weapons because most people run with slash and it needs viral.

Well, people can do what they want, but I haven't had issues with cold and I enjoy it.

2 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

and.... it its about cc???!?! but I bet exactly elite enemies with a lot of life can't be cc'd. But normal opponents also fall over like crazy, extra CD is not needed here

Cold CCs every enemy that I can think of. Acolytes, Necramechs, Eximus. It's the most effective universal CC I can think of.

2 hours ago, MutoManiac said:

Unless you armor strip (at which point you could use anything)

That's why I armor strip haha it's the only way to get to use fun setups and still kill quickly.

1 hour ago, ShogunGunshow said:

ty!

• Like 1

vor 26 Minuten schrieb insanitybit:

Cold CCs every enemy that I can think of. Acolytes, Necramechs, Eximus. It's the most effective universal CC I can think of.

This is already available now and you don't have to wait for a new patch. verglas already slows down necramech enough in deimos disruption

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

The only thing I can imagine would be Cold Proc from Verlgas. because cold+corr combo is more than questionable at the moment.

With the upcoming changes to scaling that will very likely change. Since health will increase and armor will become far more managable, so going with corrosive+cold on primary weapons might very well be a solid option, since you no longer really worry about hitting health directly with slash, because armor will be far more forgiving. Which will result in stripping armor granting you a high damage increase quickly aswell for your direct damage to deal better with the health of the target.

Remember that viral wasnt the be-all-end-all stat together with slash until corrosive was changed and no longer able to full strip. That was because 90% armor reduction practically did nothing. However, with the upcoming scaling changes the innate 80% armor reduction of corrosive will be enough to reduce enemies to 540 armor.

And with the addition of increased shields on Corpus, corrosive will be more universal by the looks of it, since viral still wont do anything to shields, while corrosive will significantly reduce the armor of armored Corpus units all the same. And iirc Corpus health wont increase in addition to their shields. Plus, while viral will likely be the most beneficial versus infested since they are only health, chances are they'll die quickly no matter what anyway to a corrosive+cold weapon.

The one thing I'm considering most is if corrosive+cold will match corrosive+heat. It very likely will since the cold based primary arcane is far better since we already gain base damage from gundition overload. So for me, even on weapons like Burston with innate heat on the radial attack I'll probably go corrosive+cold for the increased critical damage from the arcane along with the increased crit damage from cold itself.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:
3 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

With the upcoming changes to scaling that will very likely change. Since health will increase and armor will become far more managable, so going with corrosive+cold on primary weapons might very well be a solid option, since you no longer really worry about hitting health directly with slash, because armor will be far more forgiving. Which will result in stripping armor granting you a high damage increase quickly aswell for your direct damage to deal better with the health of the target.

And it can be other way around.  They could add so much hp so even you strip most or even all armor you will have much more hp to deal. So going viral could be more beneficial.

Who knows, devworkshop hasn't updated.

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

That was because 90% armor reduction practically did nothing. However, with the upcoming scaling changes the innate 80% armor reduction of corrosive will be enough to reduce enemies to 540 armor.

Did we got any numbers like this? Or is this just your assumption?

vor 5 Minuten schrieb SneakyErvin:

Remember that viral wasnt the be-all-end-all stat together with slash until corrosive was changed and no longer able to full strip. That was because 90% armor reduction practically did nothing. However, with the upcoming scaling changes the innate 80% armor reduction of corrosive will be enough to reduce enemies to 540 armor.

And with the addition of increased shields on Corpus, corrosive will be more universal by the looks of it, since viral still wont do anything to shields, while corrosive will significantly reduce the armor of armored Corpus units all the same. And iirc Corpus health wont increase in addition to their shields. Plus, while viral will likely be the most beneficial versus infested since they are only health, chances are they'll die quickly no matter what anyway to a corrosive+cold weapon.

The one thing I'm considering most is if corrosive+cold will match corrosive+heat. It very likely will since the cold based primary arcane is far better since we already gain base damage from gundition overload. So for me, even on weapons like Burston with innate heat on the radial attack I'll probably go corrosive+cold for the increased critical damage from the arcane along with the increased crit damage from cold itself.

In any case, very interesting thoughts and respect for investing so much time.

Only here the vision of the company is unclear to me. Nowadays even causal players have 2+ Tau green shards and Primary Frostbite lvl 5 is currently quite cheap. status procs can also be changed quickly.
So what do they want to achieve with the change? They're all about real life cash sales and you can't make a profit with something like that.

9 minutes ago, quxier said:

And it can be other way around.  They could add so much hp so even you strip most or even all armor you will have much more hp to deal. So going viral could be more beneficial.

Who knows, devworkshop hasn't updated.

Possible but questionable. The main appeal of viral+slash now is because the health you need to remove is so low on targets. But with the changes to DR, removing only half of the armor would in practive benefit you as much as a single viral stack. Also dont forget that we have so many options to gain viral elsewhere. Currently the main reason to not consider corrosive is due to the scaling of armor, since the reduction in high level content still leaves mobs with thousands of armor so still sit with 90% DR. After the changes the same stacks of corrosive will reduce a target from 90% DR down to 60-ish, while current reducing a target with say 97% DR down to 90%. And that is if we go by the scaling of current armor, but they also said it would be normalized scaling, so we will likely reduce those enemies to lower than 60%-ish with 10 corrosive stacks. 

25 minutes ago, quxier said:

Did we got any numbers like this? Or is this just your assumption?

We got numbers on it. It will have normalized scaling for better impact from corrosive and the cap will be based around 90% and 2700 armor. I mean, they can set it higher than 2700 rating, but it wouldnt really matter since they plan to scale it anyways to not go beyond 90% and be impactful when removed partially and in segments by things like corrosive.

35 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

In any case, very interesting thoughts and respect for investing so much time.

Only here the vision of the company is unclear to me. Nowadays even causal players have 2+ Tau green shards and Primary Frostbite lvl 5 is currently quite cheap. status procs can also be changed quickly.
So what do they want to achieve with the change? They're all about real life cash sales and you can't make a profit with something like that.

The vision? To make it more accessible and less bloated compared to the current system. I'm also not sure where you manage to find any changes done tied to real life cash sales either. Their cash interest comes in the shape of cosmetics and access packs. And they rework stuff far more often than to allign with such sales, or at completely different points in time *cough*hydroid*cough*inaros*cough*.

• Like 1

Picked magnetic on the glaxion (feels like the most obvious choice according to me , despite toxin giving insta viral) , too bad i only got 26% right now.

cold , magnetic , corrosive , radiation  and slash (hunter munitions)

That is an evil weapon now, i feel dirty using it.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb 0_The_F00l:

Picked magnetic on the glaxion (feels like the most obvious choice according to me , despite toxin giving insta viral) , too bad i only got 26% right now.

cold , magnetic , corrosive , radiation  and slash (hunter munitions)

But what's the point of hunter ammunition without going viral? absolute waste...
unless it's about normal missions...

43 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

But what's the point of hunter ammunition without going viral? absolute waste...
unless it's about normal missions...

1) Many ways to get viral on enemies,

2) Viral multiplies the damage , slash still bypasses armor and is effective by itself if you can proc enough of em.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

We got numbers on it. It will have normalized scaling for better impact from corrosive and the cap will be based around 90% and 2700 armor. I mean, they can set it higher than 2700 rating, but it wouldnt really matter since they plan to scale it anyways to not go beyond 90% and be impactful when removed partially and in segments by things like corrosive.

540 armor is 64% DR. Adding heat brings it down to 270 armor, and thus 47% DR. It'll still absolutely be meta to full strip, or just bypass with viral/slash. These changes they're making are decent PR for the masses, but ultimately change nothing if you actually know how the game works.

On 2024-05-15 at 8:03 PM, ReddyDisco said:

Huh then it must be a bug, i did all these steps and i didn't get a notification about any candidate after leaving granum void. got about 52 kills with unoptimized build. thought there was more to this i was missing

Did you ever get your sister situation sorted out?

7 hours ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Did you ever get your sister situation sorted out?

Yea, seemed to be just a problem in kuva siphon missions. i wanted to get two birds with one stone and turns out sister candidate doesn't spawn in siphon missions.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb 0_The_F00l:

1) Many ways to get viral on enemies,

2) Viral multiplies the damage , slash still bypasses armor and is effective by itself if you can proc enough of em.

Are you sure you mean something like Nourish? yes works.
The problem is that slash damage is not convincing without lots of viral procs. At least with the weapons I use.

Part of me wishes some weapons could still proc their innate status effects, like the Lenz being able to inflict cold if modded for viral / blast / magnetic and the Acrid being able to inflict toxin even if it's modded into viral / corrosive / gas.

The glaxion shoots a beam of ice energy, so it'd be neat to see it be able to inflict cold regardless. Unless they did a complete status rework or buffed Cold to a ridiculous extent, I do not see anyone modding for cold at all, unless people intend to use nourish to add viral onto the weapon so they can mod for corrosive + cold and still make use of viral status, but I still get the feeling that viral / corrosive + heat would be the go to combo anyway, and cold will always be unused outside of CC from sentinel weapons with shivering contagion

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

Are you sure you mean something like Nourish? yes works.
The problem is that slash damage is not convincing without lots of viral procs. At least with the weapons I use.

I dont know what weapons you use ,

There are many ways to have viral on enemies including pets and other helminth ability ,

Viral is another multiplier and its usually better to have it than not have it ,

But if it kills enemies fast enough it doesn't matter all that much.

19 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

for 5x forma, arcane and exi adapter????
and then what??? get mastery exp and forget it forever???

So just think globally...

Huh? Why would you uhm need to pay 5x forma, and arcane and an adapter to access the new scaling system?

18 hours ago, Hexerin said:

540 armor is 64% DR. Adding heat brings it down to 270 armor, and thus 47% DR. It'll still absolutely be meta to full strip, or just bypass with viral/slash. These changes they're making are decent PR for the masses, but ultimately change nothing if you actually know how the game works.

Yeah with the current system. But they also said that they are going to change that for mobs, so the armor rating in relation to DR will scale differently between 0-2700/0-90%. So we will probably not look at 64% DR at 80% armor removal in the new system, or 47% at 90% removal. In addition to this they aim to make armor more relevant on all armored enemies and not have the rice paper butchers in contrast to the 50m thick reinforced concrete Heavy Gunners.