Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a lowered percentage on meta Kuva weapons?

I've been running Adaro and Cassini for hours on end with no sign of the Kuva Zarr. I've had literally every other Kuva weapon appear except the Zarr. This has to be a joke.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb _Eclips3_:

I've been running Adaro and Cassini for hours on end with no sign of the Kuva Zarr. I've had literally every other Kuva weapon appear except the Zarr. This has to be a joke.

could be. because there is a big drop chance file from the official website. However, you can't just believe it like that. because it often happened that drop chances were bugged. as was the case with deimos bps from bounties back then.

5 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

I think each weapon has the same chance to appear, excluding removing it from the pool by turning down a larvaling and then extracting of course.

Where the numbers do get weighted is in regards to elemental %.  The lower percentages are far more likely to appear than the higher ones.  Here's my current data on 128 liches.  Take this with a grain of salt, as 7 of my liches were from trades.

Side note: why is inserting images such an absolute pain on this site?

11 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

Yeah that tracks

As long as you finish the mission, you are guaranteed to get the Kuva Zarr within 17 larvlings. And sometimes fate just wants to screw with you and make you run 17 attempts. That's just how your RNG falls today

• Like 4

vor 2 Minuten schrieb sunderthefirmament:

I think each weapon has the same chance to appear, excluding removing it from the pool by turning down a larvaling and then extracting of course.

Where the numbers do get weighted is in regards to elemental %.  The lower percentages are far more likely to appear than the higher ones.  Here's my current data on 128 liches.  Take this with a grain of salt, as 7 of my liches were from trades.

Side note: why is inserting images such an absolute pain on this site?

this can never be safe. especially if new code was just added there. People make mistakes and their bugfix list isn't just that long.-

vor 1 Minute schrieb TARINunit9:

Yeah that tracks

As long as you finish the mission, you are guaranteed to get the Kuva Zarr within 17 larvlings. And sometimes fate just wants to screw with you and make you run 17 attempts. That's just how your RNG falls today

are you sure? Have they changed it?
I got both new weapons on the second kill. Here I thought more of a bug than a "coincidence"

9 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

Yes I am, no they haven't 

9 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

I got both new weapons on the second kill. Here I thought more of a bug than a "coincidence"

Took me 12 tries to get Kuva Sobek and my guild mate about 7 tries. You are just a lucky luck boy

• Like 6

2 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

There's a pity system? Was that in on release or added later on?

10 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

There's a pity system? Was that in on release or added later on?

it was added later on and works by removing the weapon from the possible pool of weapon if you down the larvaling and then finish the mission, not abort.

Each time you do that it will remove that weapon you just skipped on from the pool and this will continue on until either:
A) you accept a weapon
B) you cycle through every single weapon
In either case you will then be able to go through the full list of weapons again.

Depending on your luck it could take 1 mission or at most 17 missions to get the new guns as long as you finish each mission.

On the other hand if you take out the larvaling and then abort the mission?  Well then every single mission will have a 5.88% chance of having the weapon you're after, meaning that it could potentially take you lot longer than just 17 missions to get the gun you want to finally spawn.

2 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

DE hasn't changed it, and you are lucky.

I had a clanmate that actually had to go through 17 runs of cassini to get a sobek and then 7 corpus missions to get the glaxion.

It's all RNG, but at least that RNG has a hard limit placed on it as long as you finish missions.

And it's honestly sad seeing people like you have a coincidence and suddenly jump to "Bug? Bug?!? Bug!???" without any actual evvidence or testing or anythin to back it up.

• Like 1

vor 14 Minuten schrieb Tsukinoki:

And it's honestly sad seeing people like you have a coincidence and suddenly jump to "Bug? Bug?!? Bug!???" without any actual evvidence or testing or anythin to back it up.

For something like that you have to have source code and you're not allowed to attack people personally. especially when we both have the same goal and want to make the game better.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

you are guaranteed to get the Kuva Zarr within 17 larvlings

i don't know if you simply forgot about the shildeg, the ayanga and the grattler, but it's 20 kuva weapons in total now. So at most getting any given kuva weapon will take you 20 runs - which is already quite bad considering that's at least 1:30 mins per run given you can't just titania/wukon speedrun it and actually have a greater objective than to just capture a target.

PS: I'm amazed again and again how many people still to the day haven't gotten wind of the larvling/candidate pitty they put in place a few years back. Is it not prominent enough on the wiki or do youtubers not talk about it enough? why is this so slept on?

Edited by LittleLeoniePrime
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

but it's 20 kuva weapons in total now

I did lose count, yikes. I think we've reached the limit on what should come from Liches alone, and if they add any more they should come from a storefront like Glast or some other alternative

• Like 1

6 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

There are no meta weapons. 

vor 27 Minuten schrieb (PSN)GEN-Son_17:

There are no meta weapons. 

true. Discussions about meta builds come up all the time... maybe the time is right to educate people that it's just not possible?

1 hour ago, Venus-Venera said:

true. Discussions about meta builds come up all the time... maybe the time is right to educate people that it's just not possible?

I think it's more that people like to be told what weapons to use and how to build them. I'm not saying it's OP, but I see too many people gravitate to the same weapons YouTubers say to use. To me, this ruins the experience of the game. That said, I also cannot knock anyone for using what they want. Up to them.

• Like 1

Its just RNG. Thats how RNG is. 

Like if we took 100 random people, some of them will probably have a really good understanding of RNG, some will have a decent understanding, but probably still be a bit guilty of not understanding it, as well as they could (like they may give their personal experience too much weight, without really taking into account ideas like outliers or sample size), and then some people who won't understand RNG well at all. 

Which person you may meet on the street randomly one day in a years time? Its going to be pretty random, outside certain potential variables (like if you are a hermit who lives in deep isolation and only see one person a year, who you already know well, then the odds of coming across a random person on a street goes down drastically). 

Now its possible that there could be a weighting system involved, theoretically. Like there is a weighting system for Nemesis (Lich/Sister) weapon elemental bonuses, so that the results are skewered towards the low end, than the high end (so towards 25% than 60%), but I forget whether thats actually officially stated on the DE drop tables site, or whether that was determined by a lot of players working together, keeping track and records and comparing results, collaborating etc. 

Introducing a weighting system to the types of weapons... that would have to be a bit different. With enough data such a pattern could emerge, but based on anecdote, and general understanding of RNG, it seems unlikely. When the last 3 Kuva weapons were adde, so Kuva Hek, Kuva Zarr and Kuva Grattler, I got the Hek first try, despite that being the one i wanted most (so I was relatively fortunate and in some ways statistically fortunate), it also took me near 20 tries to get the Zarr (but it also ended up being 58% bonus), so this could play into your idea, but... also depends on how you define and understand the meta. Regardless though after that I routinely got Zarr near the beginning of many of my subsequent runs to max out "off meta" weapons like Kraken and Hind. Which again, important for sample sizes. 

So it could be possible, but limited first hand experience is really poor evidence to suggest and demonstrate a pattern. Not like the Desire Sensor which is a one hundred percent accurate, true scientific law and principal that does influence and affect what drops you get, so you really just have to pretend to not want the thing you want, and when you actually start to stop caring and wanting something else, desiring something else, the sensor activates and will give you the original thing, you don't really care about anymore. Its why I keep getting 58% Zarrs, Red Tau, Rivens, when I want stuff like blue shards, 58% Quartakk's yadda yadda.